Start by marking “Fighting for What's His (Warrior Fight Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for What's His (Warrior Fight Club, #2)

Fighting for What's His

(Warrior Fight Club #2)

Resisting her only makes him want her more...

Private investigator Billy Parrish is good at three things—fighting, investigating, and sex. MMA training with the other vets in the Warrior Fight Club keeps his war-borne demons at bay—mostly, and one night stands ensure no one gets too close. But then his best friend from the Army Rangers calls in a favor.

Shayna Curtis is new
Published September 7th 2018 by Laura Kaye

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

When I met Billy in the previous book I just knew that his story was going to be a good one and I was not wrong. I loved the dynamic between him and Shayna and how they both had so much guilt from their pasts but they didn't let that stop the connection they had even when they both thought they were better alone. The sexual tension between then was crazy good and I really liked that they had me going so insane waiting for them to get together.

The only thing I can s
Shayna
“The girl-no, the woman-who was supposed to have been off limits had stolen his fucking heart.”

Another beautiful, emotional, and passionate romance from the lovely Laura Kaye! Fighting for What’s His is a standalone novel in her Warrior Fight Club series. I have to point out the obvious and say it was pretty friggin’ cool to read a book when you share the same name as the heroine of that book. I had butterflies going into this and they put up permanent residence in my stomach from beginning to
melissafandomworld
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
first thoughts that sprang to mind with after finishing this book;
- UNPUTDOWNABLE
- BEAUTIFUL
- ENGAGING
- FUNNY
- ADDICTIVE
- LAURA KAYE AT HER BEST, YET AGAIN
(I seriously haven't read a single book I didn't fall in love with and this one is no exception)

---

Most of you might know by now how insanely in love I am with Laura Kaye's books so you can imaaaagine how I must've felt when I received my e-arc of this book on the Kindle yesterday! Seriously; I feel so very honored to be a part of her review-
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Laura Kaye is my instalove go-to. Insta-love is so typically not my thing but Laura Kaye somehow sells it every single time and I'm always ready to buy what she serves up. Fighting For What's His is quintessential Laura Kaye, a roommates to lovers romance between a wounded vet and his best friend's little sister who he agrees to house until she finds her own place. This story is sexy and steamy and fast paced and I just loved being back inside the fold of this warrior fight club.

Billy Parrish i
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.25/5

Review to come!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula, missy
Fighting For What's His was another great story from Laura Kaye. This series is fantastic with just the perfect combination of emotions and physical connection. Between Shayna and Billy. I thought this story had alot of heart with a hot dose of sexiness. I could not get enough!

Anyone who knows me knows that "roomates to lovers" is my favorite trope. I enjoyed Billy and Shayna's story as it was fantastic to see them battle their growing attraction to one another while also steering clear of one
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Warrior Fight Club #2

Billy Parrish would do anything for fellow Army Rangers even though he's no longer in the military so when his friend Ryan asks if his sister can stay with Billy until she finds a her own place in DC he says yes immediately. It's been years since he's seen Shayna Curtis and now that she's all grown up he can't help but be attracted. But Billy has his own demons and even his Warrior Fight Club isn't helping him control them anymore.

I really loved Fighting for What's H
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I have to say that I have enjoyed pretty much everything by this author to some degree, so I was beyond excited to settle in to read this story! It was a fast-paced read, but a very well written one!

My chief complaint about it was that eve
Saly
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Remarkably similar in tone to first book. h/H both struggle with guilt & feelings of inadequacy. Insta-lust/love. Pretty enjoyable.
Malissa
It's hard for me to find much to say about these books other than I love the concept and the stories. I love the growth of the characters, the history behind each one and how they got to be where they are today. Laura Kaye never fails to write a emotional, sexy, compassionate story. She writes from the heart of these characters, you can feel their truth coming through the pages and seeping into your own heart and mind. There's something about a Laura Kaye book that always makes you want to be a ...more
Laura Kaye always writes the most heart-warming romances and Fighting for What's His is no exception to that. Shayna and Billy's story was everything I'd hoped it would be and then some with brilliant chemistry right from the beginning but a slow build on the romance as they gradually got to know each other before giving into the lust they'd both been feeling from the moment they met.

Shayna is new in town and looking for a fresh start so her brother has arranged for her to stay with one of his b
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I have very much enjoyed this book. It is well written and it did make me smile and also sad and at one point angry but it is all good because I loved the book so much .

I couldn't stop reading this book and now I want to get my hands on the next book because I can't get enough of this series.

I am giving this 5 out of 5.
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This book was better than the first book, but still not as action-packed and as well paced as I'd like. The characters were, overall, much more likable and did a lot for keeping me interested in the story.

Shayna was a fun and sassy person. Her impulsive decisions made for a predictable but rather realistic story. The almost ending caught me by surprise and I loved seeing her "in her element" and how respectful and understanding Billy was about it.

Billy was an overall great
Tammy
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loving the Warrior Fight Club series.

Billy and Shayna both carry around their guilt and blame themselves for things that they had no control. Perhaps, kindred spirits that see their self in each other. Billy doesn’t want to burden Shayna with all of his issues, but what happens when she moves on and he almost loses her? I love how Billy and Shayna both admit how they feel for each other and discuss the issues from their past.

Sometimes you just need to right person to talk to and it will make yo
Rebecca
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Billy Parrish has proven himself a warrior, from his time in the military to his current job as a private investigator; he’s fought the good fight every day of his life, but he now faces an even greater opponent - one who has the ability to capacitate him and send him spiraling OR heal him in ways he never thought possible. But in order for this to take place, Billy needs to get his demons at bay and whether his new roommate, Shayna Curtis, can help him in that process is unclear because while h ...more
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

An alpha wounded warrior and his best friend's little sister - Laura Kaye, honestly hit every trope that could be my favourite in this newest offering by her.

Billy Parrish
is an army vet turned PI - who suffers from survivor guilt but is doing his best friend Ryan a favo
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Let me start this review by saying, Laura Kaye writes consistently excellent novels. She is an author I feel comfortable recommending to almost anyone, romance readers and non-romance readers alike. Her characters are relatable and fun while still dealing with real-life issues like mental health problems.

In Fighting for What's His, young and fun-loving Shayna Curtis moves to DC for a new job as a photojournalist. I loved the setting! I also live in DC, so I immediately felt a kinship with Shayna
Emma
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
3.5/5
Fighting For What's His is the definition of a slow-burn, with both protagonists fighting against their feelings and the chemistry crackling between them. The pacing lulls you into a dream-like state where only the power of Billy and Shayna's emotions are of any concern. Unfortunately, this does also mean that you feel like hitting them over the head on more than one occasion.

Billy has struggled with his return to civilian life and the weight of the survivor's guilt he carries with him, Fal
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the second book of the series about veterans trying to find their place again in the civilian world. The MMA gym Fight Club gives them an outlet and more important, friendship. This is a best friends little sister story. Billy agrees to house his best friends younger sister as she launches a new job in the DC area. What he doesn't realize is that Shayna has turned in to a smart vibrant woman and is no longer the hang around little girl he remembers.

Loved Shayna's profession. Loved her p
Mari
Shelves: 2018reads
I enjoyed Fighting for What's His, it's a great addition to the series. The theme of the series, with military vets and how they struggle adjusting back to civilian life. Now dealing with physical and emotional side of that. Shayna and Billy both connected right away, they shared something deeper and still had loads of chemistry.

They were housemates that became lovers that trope is always fun. That first meeting after years past was amusing and it also broke the ice. Their attraction is strong
Emily McGee
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shayna and Billy take a sweet, slow, sexy burn to a whole new level in Fighting For What's His! This book features a sexy and grumbly veteran, and a sweet and sultry reporter who happens to be the baby sister of said grumbly veteran's pal in the force. When a favor turns into so a wickedly anticipatory push and pull fight of passion Shay and Billy are forced to see what their true desires are in love and in life.

I love these two together! They're witty, and lovable, and endearing. I was so soft
Catty Jane
****4 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

I am such a Laura Kaye fan girl…Love her other books and this Warrior Fight Club Series is no exception. This book was everything you want from a Laura Kaye book. I mean MMA fighters….she is a freaking genius when it comes to writing sexy scenes in any setting but MMA fighters, HELLO.

This story of Billy, who is a PI, a man whore, a former Army Ranger, fights and trains MMA fighters, did I mention hot as sin. Then he is thrown a huge wrench in
Darcy
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, e-book, romance
This was an easy read, one where you could guess where things were going. That didn't bother be because it was really hard not to smile when reading about Shayna. She was a bundle of sunshine, one who always seemed to find the good side of things, a person you wished was in your life for real. Even Billy with his curmudgeon ways made me smile. I had to laugh at how much he was fighting himself and his attraction to Shayna. Even when he found ways to ignore that he was a bit grumpy in a good way. ...more
Isha Coleman
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Billy seems to have his life in order. He works hard, plays hard and fights fierce. Despite the image he conveys, his wounds run deep. She's the battle that he never saw coming and not sure he can live without. Shayna is the one woman that has him questioning his long term plans. She's the beginning never imagined and the ending that he never wanted. Can he find the courage to conquer his demons and reach for the key to her heart? Fighting for What's His delivers the steam a Laura Kaye tale. Fro ...more
Stephanie
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-author
4.5 Stars. This is a “brother’s best friend” type trope, but it’s also a lot more than that as we continue to have the warrior fight club (and more of it in this installment) for helping former military members deal with the after effects of war and injuries. I’m this case Billy has burn injuries and survivor’s guilt, but Shayna has some survivor’s guilt of her own. Overall, I liked the friendship and slower burn build to this story. And the supporting cast was fun (especially Mo who also played ...more
Shannon Stuckey
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible!

Fighting for What's His was such an incredible read! Billy and Shayna both have demons they are fighting but can their love help them overcome those demons? I absolutely loved this book. Billy and Shayna's banter had me laughing out loud and I could not get enough of this book.
Candyce Kirk
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was really good! My full review can be found here: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/09...
T.M. Payne
Author: Laura Kaye
Publication Date: 9/7/2018
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW

Book two in this wickedly hot and sexy new series.

Billy has worked hard to overcome his Demons via fighting.
Everything has been somewhat okay for him until... His best friend asks him to put up his kid sister as she is moving to DC.
Well, two things happen...

Shayna is no longer a kid. She is more beautiful than he ever paid att
Marcy
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Billy and Shayna's story was great! I really enjoyed the circumstances that brought them together. They had an amazing connection and off the charts chemistry. The back and forth kept me on the edge of my seat. The supporting characters were awesome. Loving this series.
Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and erotic romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Raven Riders, Blasphemy, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her lif ...more

Warrior Fight Club (3 books)
  • Fighting for Everything (Warrior Fight Club, #1)
  • Fighting the Fire (Warrior Fight Club, #3)