Start by marking “His First Wife” as Want to Read:
His First Wife

His First Wife

From the fresh, smart new author behind "Take Her Man" comes a sexy new novelabout one woman who's facing what's real and getting it all on her own terms.320 pp.
Published October 1st 2008 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about His First Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His First Wife

Start your review of His First Wife
Kim
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Stopped around pg. 40.
San-Dee Keefner
Ok so I was told to read this book cause it was sooooo good. Well I gotta say. The book was ok. But what I do not get after all that the H and h went through with him being a man ho and wanting to stay with his wife and getting them to the HEA Why would the author make not 1 but two books about him cheating on the h and how the H is now marrying wife #3 etc. So obviously the H could not keep it in his pants. And no I have not read the 2nd book and I have no intentions on reading the 3rd book eit ...more
Ama Major
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved this book. My first time reading this author and it was great.

I loved the love Kerry and Jamison had for each other but I hated how dramatic their mother's were. The mistress was pitiful and I felt no sympathy for her. I wanted Kerry to strangle her lol.

Over all it was a nice weekend read.
ConSonia
Mar 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I felt that the main character Kerry was spoiled, selfish, and stupid at times. She had no clue on how to b a wife to husband Jamison who was all about care for her never concern about how he felt r how she put down ever effort the man made. Now not condoning his affair but she had a good busband who do any and everything for her.
Sophie Sealy
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't know what to expect since the previous reviews were not great but I enjoy the story. It took some time to appreciate the writer's style of writing but I get it however I can admit that some won't.
Shantyl
I'm 80% done with His First Wife: Okay, I made it this far and was going to read 'til the home stretch, but I read some of the reviews.. This has a second and third book about poor ol' Jamison and how he is effing around? You have got to be kidding me. I read this thinking it was a standalone and I cannot finish this knowing that Jamison does this again and again. I was very annoyed with Jamison blaming the cheating on Kerry. Give me a break dude. He chose to eff around and his mother needs a re ...more
Natasha
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very emotional read. This story dug deeper and showed the human side that lie beneath the tough exteriors we all view. How what appears to be packaged pretty isn't always as it seems. It really shed light on the many layers that make us who we are, good and bad, and how it usually takes someone else too point out these flaws for us to address them or to just realize that about one's self. I didn't know how it would truly unfold with secrets being let out, meddling mothers who despise their in- l ...more
SlimmGoodie
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was ok. It took me a while to read because it was so mediocre but its really not a long book. I was more into it at the beginning. At the end I started to loose interest in it a little. I felt like the problems they had in their marriage were broken down and talked about over and over again; redundant. Then when it came to the hands on hows of how their marriage issues were resolved, like with their mothers, we never were involved with how they were checked about their unsupportive bad ...more
Kesha
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was just ok. I wish it didn't switch between the past and present, it was a little confusing. Both of the mothers were out of pocket, especially Jamison's mother. His mom actively tried to ruin his marriage and almost succeeded, true Jamison didn't have to cheat but mom is not supposed to find you a side piece and scheme behind your back either. I was hoping Coreen, the side chick, died in the end. I didn't really like any of the characters except, Aunt Luchie and Tyrian, the baby. I'm ...more
Karen
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I met a woman in the library stacks who recommended this author. It was a great deal of fun listening to this book, read by Simi Howe. Atlanta's black elite families in a murder mystery, with a couple or three ex wives and lots of intrigue. Usually "chic lit" is just to pass the time. But this one was far more entertaining than the regular stuff. I'm moving on to another by the same author.
Monique
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Excellent book. This was my first book by this author. Grace Octavia gave us a glimpse into the black elite of Atlanta by way of Jamison and Kerry. A cheating spouse is horrible but the outside factors that led to the cheating was the real story. Both Kerry and Jamison's mothers were the worst.

I am very interested in reading the next book.
Alicia
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wbc, 2009, aa-fiction
Great Book and a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a book that focused on drama and cheating husbands and I was surprised and enjoyed all the deeper subjects this book focused or touched on ( such as marriage, infidelity, mental issues, family). IT was very well written and I enjoyed the different perspectives and the email and IM's.
Dionna Johnson
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really love this author!!!! So far, this is my second novel of hers and once again, it was great and hard to put down. What I truly like about this author is how realistic she is...she doesn't paint relationships/marriages as some walk in the park fantasy; she brings real life situations into the novel. Bravo!!!
Chivon
Jul 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a good sister-girl book. I think it was better than Take Her Man by the same author. Very intriguing story that kept my attention and shows the male and female point of view. Overall good book.
stacie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it liked it
It was an ok book about forgiveness, and the crazy things we do in the midst of our emotions. I wish her friend Marcy had played more a role throughout the book, and I am disappointed that there is a sequel that is contradictory to what I was hoping for.
M Landry
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read. Will be ordering the sequel, His Third Wife.
JazzyRacquel
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommend .
Desire'e Greene
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read it shows you that even the perfect marriages are not so perfect.
Mel
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good, realistic look at a marriage where the husband was unfaithful. Told from three different points of view. Mainly the wife's.
Tiffinee Brown
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. This was a good easy read.
Latoya
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was a good book but I didnt care for all the flashbacks
Angelia
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own
This was my first read by this author..The story started out good but in the middle it was at a stand still.....in the end it got better so I will read something else by this author...
Lisa
Apr 07, 2009 rated it liked it
so-so, but better than I expected
Yarnetta
May 01, 2015
Donna Lewis
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• If I Can't Have You (If I Can't Have You, #1)
  • Lightning Men (Darktown, #2)
  • Heads of the Colored People
  • Over the Fence (The Neighbors #2)
  • Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, #2)
  • What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
  • Bad Men and Wicked Women
  • More Than I Can Bear (Always Divas, #2)
  • Teeth in the Mist
  • White Diamonds (Capitol Chronicles #2)
  • Blood Passage (Dark Caravan Cycle, #2)
  • Rose & Thorn (Ash & Bramble, #2)
  • Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2)
  • The Long Fall (Leonid McGill, #1)
  • Dirty Rich Cinderella Story (Dirty Rich, #2)
  • The Wizard Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #2)
  • This Is My Brain on Boys
  • You Get What You Pray For (Always Divas #3)
Grace Octavia is a native of Westbury, New York. Her writing has appeared in Sisterfriends by Michele Agins and Julia Chance and Rolling Out magazine, where she was Editor-in-Chief. She is currently working on her Ph.D. at Georgia State University in Atlanta.

News & Interviews