Start by marking “Bound by Deception (Bound By, #3; Red-Hot SEALs, #3.5; Inheritance, #10)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Deception (Bound By, #3; Red-Hot SEALs, #3.5; Inheritance, #10)

Bound by Deception

(Bound By #3)

He broke her heart. She twisted his mind. But in this game of love, nothing is quite as it seems…

Rebecca's life is haunted by unexpected tragedies. Her lover left her when she least expected it, and her mother's suicide took everybody by surprise. But when a recent inheritance reveals a secret, Rebecca discovers her mother's death was actually a cold-blooded murder…

Dante
Published March 30th 2018 by Trish McCallan Inc. (first published March 2nd 2018)

Celestine
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action-suspense
Trish McCallan tries a who-dun-it with fairly good success. Nobody does anything too stupid. Decent characters, but nobody will be that person I remember for a long time.
Jessica
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved how this story played out until the very end, all of a sudden they’re back together. After all the pain and hurt he put her through, she just took him back like nothing. I wanted to see him work for her forgiveness, he needed to redeem himself after he just walked out on her and refused to listen to her. The revealing of what really happened both in the situation that tore them apart and with her mother’s death was drawn out perfectly. The buildup was done very well and I appreciated Bec ...more
Mary
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gripping, suspenseful and dramatic second chance love story. Rio is gullible, stubborn, self-absorbed and cold. At least with Becca and the Harts. Becca is untrusting, unemotional, determined and caring. Becca and Rio met and fell in love while Becca with her father's family. Becca was there because her mother committed suicide. Becca's step family did everything they could to come between them, eventually driving him away with lies. 13 years later she learns that her mother's death ma ...more
Miss
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delighted to have a new Trish McCallan to read. This book sees Rio face his past when the one who got away Rebecca, comes back into his life after 12 years. He who is always alert, ready and ahead of the game, faces up to the situation at hand & his possible failing with the help of his ST7 buddies. Rebecca, comes face to face with the one who broke her heart after she makes an enquiry regarding her mother's death. Both of them must face the facts of deception that have shaped their lives. B ...more
Meiwilli
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When we meet Detective Dante "Rio" Addario in Bound by Temptation after he arrives at Emma Janssen's house after the break-in and Emma admires how good-looking but cold Rio is, we finally find out the reason for his coldness as if we hadn't already guessed...A woman!

Rio's ex Rebecca Blaine is back in town after twelve years to re-open her mother's case which Becca now does not believe was suicide. Rio's not in a hurry to open up old wounds or Becca's mother's case until someone tries to kill her
L BRENNAN
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great SEAL story with a whodunit
I have to confess I am a Trish McCallan fan having loved her “Forged In” full length novel quadrilogy (or tetralogy).
This novella was great, utilising some of the wonderful side characters we had met before. The drama & mystery, tender loving as well a steamy scenes, a teasing who dunnit with well fleshed out ( pardon the double entendre for the hunky SEALS) characters. A novel within a novella, I loved it and recommend you give it a go for enjoyable
tania
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book. At first I was wondering why it started how it did, but once I got past the first couple a chapters I was hooked.

Eden is trying to reopen her mother's suicide from 12 years prior as new evidences comes to light. The person she has to see regarding it, is Rio her ex-boyfriend who thought she was emotional unbalance, crazy 12 years ago. Today she shows a composed women who has things under control.

And from there it doesn't stop. I couldn't figure out who did it until almost the en
Truth
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars! It's incredible! Great plot, wonderful flow and pace and I was left hanging on each word til the very end! This is a must read for anyone who loves a good read, with characters that move the story up to the very end with you holding your breath waiting for what will happen next. I hope to see more from this writer!

Diane Davis
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Don't ever give up

You will find a. Mystery that ihas been considered a suicide a suicide when it is in fact a murder. The daughter has to fotos man who doesn't trust her due to micromanage knew her before watch them solve this age old mystery and find love agaun

You will need An into an age old murder that Daughter is trying to have trips ed as it was considered a suicide. The person she has to go to for
Pat
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trish McCallan is one of my favorite authors. I've read everything she has written and I have missed her stories. I am so happy she is back! I thought Bound by Deception was a good novella. I loved the characters and wish it was a full length story so I could read and dig in a bit more! I can't wait for her next book and look forward to more.
Angelica Larsson
This is the first book I've read by this author and it's definitely not the last.
I loved this fastpaced actionpacked pageturner. The storyline is great and the characters wonderful. I love the chemistry between Rio and Becca.

Tanya
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He betrayed her once and she left him and he regretted it all. Now she was back with a killer on her trail and she goes to him for help. Will he help her? Will she stay strong and not fall back into his arms? She wants to get justice and she will get it. See if she will

Michelle Damron
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Don’t like the ending

I enjoyed the story a lot. The reason for my rating deals with the ending. There is a lot of pain and history that happened between the two MCs. I believe they would have worked it out eventually but not that quickly. Hell just the revelations from her mother’s death would have her feelings all over the place. I just can’t believe it.
Kim
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be bound in love

I enjoyed the entire series. It was simple and sweet with just enough heat and action. I also enjoyed the connection to characters in other series. I always wonder about side characters and love when authors expand on their stories. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Kristy
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, this is the first book in this series I have read. But, now I definitely want to read more! Rio and Becca had a tumultuous road, and their ending seemed rushed, but the rest of the story was awesome! Rio probably could've groveled more, but I'm glad they are trying to work through things. I'm curious where things lead after the story ends...
Irene Marshall
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A reasonable read

This is an okay novella it's a basic love story about Rebecca and Rio who have been estranged for a decade after having a love affair when they were young and parted on bad terms. There is added interest as she wished to prove her mother was murdered with Rio's help. It's a fairly good story with added interest but there is nothing overly amazing about it.
Candice
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rio and Becca broke up because he saw her cheating on him the night before he was supposed to ship out. Now years later the two are united to solve the death of her mother. What was rules a suicide now looks like murder. Can the two set aside their differences to solve this mystery?

Rachel
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With a history twisting with deceit, the foundation of this novel us deeply moving. An intriguing romance where I found myself flicking backward and forward between the character I was routing for. The characters are wonderfully written to have a realistic and believable edge.

Trish McCallen is certainly an author I am quickly becoming addicted to.
Tracey Tranter
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the storyline and characters and the story line has the right amount of suspense and steam.

I did find myself wanting more in the end, but it is a great read nonetheless.

Emily Dickson
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story had lots of action and some fantastic characters. Becca was wonderful as was Rio. Secondary characters were also likeable and I hope to read more about them. When Becca wants her mother suicide reopened the action starts and continues up to the end. Loved it!!
Alma Spivey
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!!

Always love it when something tears the lovers apart and then they get back together with a bang. Absolutely love the 2 books I have already read in this series, looking forward to next one. This author is fascinating. Love her. Recommend all she writes.
Tammy
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trish! Come on......

Trish you are killing me. I need more at the end. I know that they will appear or be mentioned in another book, but I need closer! Give me more details did they move? How did they handle stuff? How is Emma?
Margarette Dibble
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+ Star's

I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys stories that are laugh out loud funny, steamy, suspenseful, and oh so romantic, with a happily ever after, and while at the same time the characters are strong both male and female. Well done.
Joanne
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I love this series. Having been a fan of the Forged in series I knew I’d love more Navy Seals books. This had a bit of everything in it. Live, drama and intrigue. Glad that Rio who we met in the previous book got his own hea. Can’t wait for the next book
Keri
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ex-Navy Seals!!

It's good to see Rio loosen up. Lol! It took a while but Becca finally warmed his cold heart. This one was packed full of a lot of unknowns. It kept me guessing on what was really going on and I never could figure it out until I read it myself.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
I loved this story. It is the kind that you can identify with the characters and immerse yourself in the story. Very well written and characters to win the heart make this book a must read.

Carol
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept my interest through the whole book. It had suspense, heartache, secrets, misunderstanding and distrust. It was an enjoyable read watching the whole thing unfold. The storyline and the characters were good. i received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Kat Wes
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great! Suspenseful and intriguing. I couldn’t put it down! I suspected the person who was behind it, but not that the mystery was so convoluted. Well done Trish! I throughly enjoyed every page of this book!
S. R. Lewis
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense!

This book has great suspense and wonderful characters. I love the way the story is developed. And of course the happy ending. Very entertaining!!!
Beverly
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • No Limits (Smithson Group Companion #3)
  • HOT SEAL Target (HOT SEAL Team #6)
  • Everything to Lose (The Rookie Club #5)
  • Distiller's Choice (Bourbon Springs, #4)
  • Our Fair Eden
  • Bigger Things
  • Charade: Her Billionaire - Paris (Her Billionaire, #1)
  • The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas, # 4)
  • The Lover's Knot (No Better Angels, #2)

Bound By (4 books)
  • Bound by Seduction (Red-Hot SEALs, #2.5; Bound By, #1)
  • Bound By Temptation (Red-Hot SEALS, #2.6; Bound By, #2)
  • Bound By Obsession (A Red-Hot SEALs Novella Book 4.5)