Start by marking “Raven (Elsewhere #2)” as Want to Read:
Raven (Elsewhere #2)

Raven

(Elsewhere #2)

There’s more to life than books.

Antisocial bookworm Caspian hopes to reconnect with nature and find his inner child when he takes on the task of exploring the woods around Beaumont. Or at least he’ll find a new place to curl up with his eReader.

There are birds.

After rescuing an injured bird who miraculously heals within minutes, at night Caspian has vivid and erotic
Published December 4th 2017 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven

Start your review of Raven (Elsewhere #2)
Amber
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Raven by H.J. Perry. It's the second book in the Elsewhere series. We do get cameos from both Alex and Pip from the first book but this book is very much a stand-alone book, and you don't have to read the first book to understand what has happened. I was a little surprised when I started reading this book and found that the main characters were actually Caspian and Bram the Raven Prince instead of Alex and the Raven Prince like I was hoping for after the teaser at the end of book one. Ho ...more
Joyfully Jay
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is the second book in the Elsewhere series, though you don’t need to read the first book to read Caspian and Bran’s story, which is fortunate because this is the first of Perry’s books I’ve been lucky enough to read.

Caspian is a young man, fresh from college, hiding away from the world in the safety of Dr. Kilpatrick’s house. He isn’t so much soul-searching as vegging, using physical activity and the peace and quiet of the nearby woods to relax and find his
Violet  Marshall
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
This is the second book in The Elsewhere Series. A mesmerizing book the writing was great. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters captivating. The characters were well developed and thought out. Bran and Caspian are the MC’s of this book and soulmates. There was humor, other dimensions, shifters, a prince, house sitting, a candle lite room, ravens, a cliffside city and so much more in this book.

Here is a quote from the book, “For the lo
Mitzy Krizek
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Raven has made me look at ravens in a different light. Wondering if there is more to them then what we see.

Enjoyed reading this book. Kept my interest. Wanting to know if the dream was real or a dream. Wanting to know if Caspian saw more Ravens. Trying to figure out which ones he saw Watching how the story developed.

The love between the Prince and Caspian grow. Erotic, sensual, steamy, hot sex between them, surprised the pages didn't go up in flames

Had tears come to my eyes at certain par
Mari  Cardenas
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!!

Raven is book 2 in the Elsewhere series and while it could be read as a standalone, Pip and Alex, who appeared in book 1, are featured in this book, too, and really, Hunter was a good, very hot read, so if you like paranormal/fantasy erotica, you can't miss out on this series.

Caspian recently graduated and is housesitting for Dr. Kilpatrick in Beaumont. It's the perfect job for him, as the house is in a very secluded spot in the woods, so he can cuddle with his e-reader/books and los
Sierra
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, novellas
This entry in the Elsewhere series shares several traits with the first one. The focal character, Caspian, like Pip, is young man at a crossroads in his life, slightly adrift. Where Pip was just finishing high school, Caspian has just completed college. The second quality that immediately stood out was the sensual and dreamlike quality that many parts of the book had, especially the scenes of passion between Caspian and Bran. Now although I make comparisons to the first Elsewhere book, I think t ...more
Maria Vickers
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Raven by H.J. Perry is book two in the Elsewhere Gay Fantasy Romance series. Even though it is the second book, I have not read book one and had no problems following the storyline at all. So, even if you haven't read book one, you can easily jump in here and not feel completely lost. That said, now that I read book two, I'm going to go back and read book one.

I thought long and hard about what rating I should give this book. I was stuck between 3.5 stars and 4 stars. In the end, I decided to go
Valerie
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
As in the first Elsewhere romance, I disliked that Caspian had found his admitted soul mate and despite their attraction and connection from the beginning, Caspian balked at the thought of being with Bran, or really making their relationship permanent. When Bran comes into Caspian's dreams, Bran claims him and is upfront about it, but Caspian believes they are only dreams. When Caspian goes into Bran's dimension, everything changes, especially when he learns what the ceremony meant to Bran and t ...more
Barbara
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was another magical book in this series that takes us into different dimensions after entering a forest that has weakened fibers between these dimensions. It is a magical book that involves Caspian who comes to the small town of Beaumont to house sit. The woods border the back of the house and Caspian is drawn there and can't resist. While in the forest he meets Ravens, one of them injured. The other Ravens follow him to the edge of the woods. By the time he gets there, the Raven is healed. ...more
Boyslove
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: good-mm-romance
This was a good little read.

I personally think that this book should have been longer.
I wanted to know more about Bran’s world, more about the culture and politics and court stuff.. I wanted to know how Caspian would fit into the royal family and I wanted to know how he would interact with the people of Bran’s world.

I got to ride along for a short journey, but at the end I felt sad because there was so much potential for soooo much more. This book could have been double in length and there wou
Straight Girl Goes Gay
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
cover image

Hey, fellow smut lovers!
This book has its very own episode on Straight Girl Goes Gay - a Vimeo on Demand web series.
Subscribe to see it here. (why subscribe?)
Binge-watch 275+ episodes over here.

Everything contains spoilers! You have been warned :)

Linda
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actually somewhere between 4 and 5 stars for me, this story was a quick read because it kept pace and the mystery behind the ravens' behavior kept me wondering about what further insights into their world would be revealed. I would classify this as a very steamy 👬 fairytale on the cusp of the real world. There could have been more backstory for both Caspian and Bran, the MCs, but I really enjoyed Caspian's renewed closeness with nature and his introverted, bookworm personality.:-)

I received a co
tammy rufo
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caspian and Bran where how much hotter kinkier couple, but had their issues. which I blame on Caspian, he had too hard of a time with the soul mate aspect...that being said I still really enjoyed the book, everything doesn't have to run smoothly or end with an HEA sometimes an Happy For Now is good too. I hope we see more of them in the next book! ...more
Raj
Dec 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Other than opening my eyes to the sheer awesomeness of ravens,there was nothing within this world that warped reality around me.There was a potential here to create a forest of darkness of obsidian eyes and grotesque winged creatures of alien beauty but it ended being populated with waif like boys with rainbow hued hair and a story that got lost in the trees.
Keith
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting read

The Caspian character did not resonate with men. He felt too "childish" the way he was written. I liked Alex and the interactions with him. He seemed like a real person. Bran felt a little arrogant in everything he did. Too bad the story didn't go more into Bran's world and what struggles he was dealing with.
Esther Alayeto
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
a great addition to the series, I really enjoy this new world the author has created. This story centers around Caspian and Bran, mates with a strong connection and attraction right from the start. A magical story that goes from dreams to reality. Looking forward to more from this series.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Kevin
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Young man encounters the magical forest from the previous book. He’s pressed to give up life as he knows it and make a commitment for which he’s not prepared.
Typos: commas after “of course” that don’t belong, extra period, lay/lie mix up, missing apostrophe, missing words, it’s/its mix up, apostrophe s plural.
Missy Clifton
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book but I felt it lacked. Despite knowing they are from different worlds neither really want to compromise. Bran hears what Caspian is saying but he doesn't listen! He is told a bunch of times how humans do things when it comes to relationships yet Bran just kind of shrugs it off because that's not how we do things with soulmates. So frustrating. ...more
Nicole Harley
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Elsewhere

Raven is the second book in this series and was a good read. While I didn't feel the connection between Caspian and Bran like I did with Pip and the Hunter it was still a lovely story.
Ann
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
This was the most infantile story I have ever read.
Ali
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

This was a very nice story. Caspian is looking forward to a break until he makes a decision of what he wants to do now that he is done with school. Bran confuses Caspian and he isn’t sure what anything between them mean.

This story had a lot of talking in circles, but it was expected with how Hunter talked to Pip in the first book. I could feel Caspian’s confusion when he couldn’t understand what was going on. Eve
Loredana Raccanello
april
Dec 12, 2017
Laura Gneiting
Dec 18, 2017

• Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • The Last Alpha Dragon (Full Moon Mates #4)
  • The Dragon Boss (Shifters of Cartwell, #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • The Solstice Prince (Realms of Love, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Horns (Corent City Tales #1)
  • Champagne Spiced Omega (The Hollydale Omegas, #4)
  • The Vampire's Club: Book One (The Vampire's Club #1)
  • All or Nothing (The Chosen One #1)
  • Sweet Nothings (The Chosen One, #0.5)
  • Just a Bit Shameless (Straight Guys, #8)
  • Joshua's Rainbow (Rainbow Key #1)
  • Love Among the Stars (Fire & Ash #1)
  • The Cub Club (Lone Wolves Ranch, #1)
Almost 50 and English. Lives in the UK.
Identified as part of the LGBT crowd since before those letters came together. A lifelong campaigner around those issues that affect us.

An avid wide-ranging reader. Mostly reads:
* YA
* SF
* M/M romance.
* Books with LGBT themes and characters.

Latest book ~ Home Goal ~ published end of May 2016. ASIN: B01G5C9GG0