Start by marking “As You Wish” as Want to Read:
As You Wish

As You Wish

s their simmering attraction enough to defeat their crusades?

Damian “The Shark” Hughes real estate billionaire lands in Houston, Texas to handle a “problem tenant” stalling his partnership with Rockstar Entertainment. But on first sight he doesn’t know which he wants more, to evict her or bed her.

Imani Scott is at the end of herself and her resources for keeping the door
Published November 2017 by Purpose Prevails Publishing

To ask other readers questions about As You Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As You Wish

Rosie J.
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Romance Lovers
Loved It! Damian and Imani are both likable people. Best of all Imani doesn't run away when confronted with a perceived betrayal. The story is complete with an HEA ... PLUS the author has a bonus epilogue (loved it) when you sign up for her newsletter.

Karen's Bookshelf
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-ir-reads
I really enjoyed As you Wish. Damian and Imani were both easy to love and relatable characters. They both had rough start in life, but neither let the struggle stop them from realizing their dreams. It wasn't love at first sight but there was definite chemistry from the beginning. I loved the fact that Imani was strong and independent, and even though she wasn't looking for someone to save her, she didn't mind taking the help that was being offered to her because one way or another she was deter ...more
Faith89
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it

I received a copy for an honest review.
It is a challenge to review this book. I enjoyed the story and it had some great emotional moments. I loved the sexy interactions between the main characters. I still wasn’t wowed by the book. It was just ok for me. The controversy about the added chapters does not take away from the story. You get a full story with a HEA.
ILoveToRead
Good Read, BUT-
Sweet HEA story about a down on her luck dance teacher and a billionaire. This story has been told many times, you'll predict the outcome, but you'll love it anyway. A few grammatical errors and a notable mix-up with the type of car he drove.
Shelly Wolf
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I've had the pleasure of reading This author and let me tell you.... It won't be the last

This is an OMG story,, I laughed, I cried, and if you tell anyone about that....LOL....anyway, this is one of those OMG stories that just kept turning those pages.....

This is the story of Imani, a dancer by trade... She dancer for people everywhere...all kindza dancing, different dances and from there, she started her own business, Harmony Dance was her baby.... She taught dance to any
Shasta Hope
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book!

This story is about hardships, grief and loneliness. It's also about community and the love of a good man who might have first had not so go intentions.

Imani was struggling. Daily she was doing her best to keep her dance studio opened. With 6 months back rent and no working Air conditioning she had to do something. However, her funds were limited and her time to coup funds was even more difficult. Something had to give and meeting Damia
Pat
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great character and storyline development that kept my attention until the very end! However, I would have given this book a 5 star rating if the author didn't require you to sign up at the end of the book to receive the bonus epilogue which supposedly wrapped everything up nice and neat! I guess I won't know since I didn't sign up, I felt that was a sneaky way of obtaining a reader's email for their newsletter and I don't appreciate an author putting it at the end of the story and than requirin ...more
Kathy
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Damien is a billionaire real estate investor from Atlanta, he is heading to Texas to solve a problem with a tenant of his. He feels that he is above everyone else and ordinary people are not what he is interested in. Imani helps high risk kids by having a dance studio so they have a place to go and doesn't want to give this space up. When these two first meet, the attraction is there but they are so different from each other. Will they put business aside and go for what they really want? This is ...more
Kathleen
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this story. Damian is a man who is known as the shark and he is getting into a venture with his friends. One of the first things he needs to do is go to Houston and handle a tenant in their building.
Imani is a dancer who returned home when her grandmother became sick and is now trying to give her love of dance to those who can't usually afford it. She finds herself always worried about money but doing something she loves.
When Damian and Imani meet the attraction is immediate and
Patricia Solla
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-reads
Cute tag line. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. The story opens with a group of men who want to invest in the recording business and want two hubs. One hub is to be in Houston and Real Estate Mogul Damian Hughes is assigned to getting the property and evicting one tenant who is 'grandfathered' in a business on said property. Damian thinks this is a no brainer and accepts the assignment. Every is going okay until Damian meets Imani Wright, who runs a dance studio on the property. Damian d ...more
BP34
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a very emotional story that will draw you in and keep you page turning. It involves Damien, a billionaire real estate investor from Atlanta to heads to Texas to solve a problem with a tenant who is holding up his investment deal there. Imani has a dance studio that has been very positive in helping at risk kids and doesn't want to give up her space. Damien has no interest in common people After meeting Imani and his attraction to her, he finds that his life begins to take a different tur ...more
FiveTeeJays
Conflicted

I gave it three stars because of the numerous spelling and grammar errors, especially in the beginning of the book and the confusing way the story "ends."

I'm conflicted with this book because I've read this premise many times (rich realtor wanting to buy building in inner city neighborhood and conflict ensues) but the execution wasn't great. The story was predictable very early on, and the plot twists weren't (if you want to call them that) surprising at all. Imani and Damian seem to
Jennifer Soppe
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am voluntarily reviewing a copy of this book that I received for free.

As You Wish is a tale of business, community, love and family. Imani, the owner of a no charge dance studio, finds herself worrying over what will happen now that the building has been sold where she currently rents space, since she is behind on her rent. Damian, the new owner of the property, is going to Texas to evict Imani and her dance studio from the building so that a music company he is starting with some friends can
Lori Shankle
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by author Ja’nese Dixon. I really enjoyed this book up until the end when the author requires you to sign up to received the bonus chapters of this story. I personally did not feel that this requirement was needed. I did not sign up. Almost all of the authors I have ARC for includes the epilogue to the story at the end of the book, unless it is a cliffhanger book.
That being said, the characters and the storyline were great and easy to follow. I would recommend this book wit
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a heart warming story about a billionaire and a dance instructor who runs a studio for at risk students. The billionaire real estate investor is seeking to evict Imani from the building housing her studio that is until he meets and gets to know her. As the two gets closer and the relation gets stronger, Damian realizes he has to come up with a better plan. Will he be able to salvage his plans to get the building and retaining his relationship with the woman that is becoming to mean so mu ...more
Shelly Celli
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
What a powerful and emotional story! This is the first book by this author that I've ready and I'm definitely not disappointed. These two have such a similar background, but a completely different present. I love how they both work with the kids to get them off the streets during the holiday, and how her dance studio is just for that reason alone. With everything he does to help her, it kills me knowing the real reason he's there. I cannot wait to read more by Ja'Nese! I'm voluntarily reviewing ...more
Tangela
Dreams

This was the first book I have read by Mrs. Dixon.

There are some grammatical errors. The book starts off very 🐌. I felt like I was reading a teenager love story at first.

The h in this story trusted the H to quick in this story. The h had a dance 💃studio that was in need of funding.

The H was sent th Houston to evict her from the building. However, he was fixated with her and felled for her. The story ended how you would expect.

Not more to elaborate about. This is a book of I purchased I wou
Modern
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
As You Wish is short and on the sweet side. It’s to be assumed that there is a HEA for Damian and Imani but since I did not sign up for the ransom to get the epilogue, I’ll leave it to future readers to find out, if they want to. The story itself is good. That dark intentions may still turn to light with the power of love and forgiveness. The characters are good and developed adequately. A good book until the ending is held ransom to email solicitation. Turned off by that point.
I received this b
Rena
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Playful banter and laughter

This is my first book to read by this author, and I enjoyed it. I loved the playful banter and laughter between Imani and Damien. He stepped in and showed her that she didn't have to always do things by herself and that he would be there for her. By being herself, Imani helped Damien to feel and to see things in a new perspective, making him truly appreciate his life. They were good for each other. I would recommend and will be reading more of her books.
Sandra
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"As You Wish" is the story of Imani, a young woman alone in the world, struggling to keep her dream from slipping through her fingers. "Harmony" is her studio where she teaches underpriviledged children her love of dance, trying not to let the street life take them. Damian was the bad boy of real estate. His mission: quietly evict the deliquent Imani and her students without negative backlash to his company. It all changed when Damian took one look at Imani's picture...
DeiIra
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As You Wish is a beautifully written story that takes you on a journey with two characters who are discovering love, and themselves. From the moment the characters were introduced I was completely in love with them. This is a sexy romantic read that has just the right amount of heat and the perfect amount of sweet. The characters were well developed with many different layers that are slowly peeled back as the story progresses. Another wonderful read by Ja'Nese Dixon!
Annette
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this! Damien is very determined, not only in business but in love, the chances he take to please his queen are commendable. Imani has a heart of gold and is willing to sacrifice all to keep the neighborhood kids safe but being in denial doesn't change the reality. I like that Damien is a billionaire but he hasn't forgotten that he was born a billionaire which makes able to relate to the situation Imani has gotten herself in. Great couple, perfect match.
RomReaderRev
Not my thing

The concept was interesting but there was no real story and character development. It felt like a book that was written to meet a requirement. It was somewhat enjoyable but so predictable that I stopped reading at 80%. There were a lot of tears that didn’t really seem necessary and seems thrown in and also I was expecting more development re the tension of buying the building and evicting Imani. I don’t think it’s a bad book, just not for me.
R.K. Tejaswi
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book as an ARC in exchange of honest review, but the author was honest with her advance readers. At the end of the book, for reading the bonus epilogue we had to sign up for author's newsletter otherwise the storyline and emotions are fantastic. This is a love story between a billionaire real estate investor and his tenant, a dance studio owner for risk kids, Imani. Both of their lives changes once they meet and find attracted to each other.
Misty Sulouff
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed every page. I instantly fell in love with Imani. She's a selfless woman who puts everyone else before herself. Damian is a guy who is used to taking what he wants, no matter how it affects others. Until he meets HER. Their chemistry is evident from the moment they meet. They couldn't be farther from opposites. But the saying goes "opposites attract. " I'm very much looking forward to more of their story. This is a definite must read and one I would highly recommend.
Stacie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review

Just finished As You Wish and all I can say is thank god the was the link to the bonus chapters! Those need to be included in the actual book because they wrapped every thing up with a bow! The original ending felt more like a cliff hanger than the actual HEA ending. But I loved overall what you did with the main characters. They are well detailed and developed not to mention extremely unique
Cammyjoe
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gtyeat read!!

First book from Ja'Nese Dixon, and I love me some Damien...
I love the story, from the group of fiends (RSM ), the kids, Damien and his family ( I hope his dad find a donor), Imani & Adriana, the kids... All tied together as a beautiful story, I am hoping to read the next book soon.
Damien & Imani are beautiful!!!
Jackie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Story

I enjoyed reading about Imani and Damian. Imani was a woman that was struggling to keep her studio going. Damian was a shark that was sent in to evict her. One look at her picture and he was hooked. Loved the balance of him doing for her while still trying to do his job.
evette w
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Stuff

This was such good writing and wonderful dialogue.I loved the chemistry between the two main characters it just leaps from the pages.The writer settles you in to a story that is going to please from the start.If you want to be entertained and taken away with a good story this is it.
Carolyn King
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

I felt Damian should have told Imani who he was and why he was in Houston. They started a relationship and he was helping her with the dance studio knowing that he was there to evict her. When he saw what she was doing was helping the kids he felt bad. In the end it all worked out fine.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Dangerous Bonds Book 1
  • Love At First Down
  • One Night
  • Love's Gamble
  • Seductive in Stilettos 1
  • Clear
  • Obsession Too: Loving An Alpha Male Series #5
  • Two Weeks in Geneva: Book One (Two Weeks in Geneva, #1)
  • Loving Leo (The Romanovsky Brothers Book 3)
  • Sasha: The Wallflower (The Wallflower Series, #1)
  • Locked with Him (With Her Billionaire, #1)
  • Surrounded (Unsettled, #2)
  • Secrets & Surrender: Part One (Secrets & Surrender, #1)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#4)
  • Roommate Wanted (Sharing Space, #1)
  • Beautiful Prey 2
  • Hope for Him (Hope, #2)
  • Genesis (Dark Desires #1)
Ja’Nese Dixon pens tales of romance in various subgenres. But her favorites are the ones that manage to keep readers sitting on the edge of their seats lying to themselves about reading “just one more chapter”.

She is an avid reader and coffee drinker, who also loves to run, cook, and craft. Her ultimate goal as a writer is to give you a little “staycation” with every story.

Ja’Nese calls Houston h