Start by marking “Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10; Inheritance #9)” as Want to Read:
Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10; Inheritance #9)

Shopping for an Heir

(Shopping for a Billionaire #10)

Gerald Wright works for billionaires. He never imagined he'd become one.

The former Navy SEAL is a chauffeur by day, artist by night, so when hotter-than-ever ex-fiancée Suzanne Dayton interrupts his nude model sculpting class to serve him with inheritance paperwork from a man he's never heard of, he assumes it's a joke.

Turns out the joke's on him. There's just one catch. A
Published September 20th 2016 by Julia Kent

To ask other readers questions about Shopping for an Heir, please sign up.
Ruth A Calvin What makes the nude classes funny is that the old gals are out to see what it is all about. The class grows in number with the old ladies. (no insult…moreWhat makes the nude classes funny is that the old gals are out to see what it is all about. The class grows in number with the old ladies. (no insult to you older gals. I am 78 myself!!)(less)

belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
i went to a hair salon, sat there for two hours tops, and finished this book. it was that fast-paced and entertaining that i read the book in one sitting.

to be honest, i didn't remember who gerald and suzanne were or if they were even mentioned in the previous books. however, i was so intrigued by them. they aren't as crazy as declan, shannon, andrew and amanda (definitely not on the same level as marie) but they were an interesting pair. their story progressed really quickly because there were
books are love
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I didn’t think that Julia Kent could top Shopping for the CEO’s fiancee but I was wrong. This book in the series was just as crazy fun loving and whacky. But with a hitch. Julia Kent does have a serious issue take place with the two main characters of Suzanne and Gerald. what I love about this though is that although she tackles PTSD and we are informed on how it affected these two and how they both dealt and are dealing with it, it is done in a way that
MrsJoseph
DNF @65%

Honestly? I was bored shitless. I can't even remember who/what/why of the characters. Complete snore-fest.

I gave it two stars instead of 1 because nothing offended me, just bored me silly.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

This is the first time I've read anything by the author, and it an overall good story about second chances at love. Right when the story starts we get to meet Gerald Wright, a former Navy Seal whose daytime job is as a chauffeur for billionaires, and an artist by night. His jobs has taken him to a lot of places, but when he met Suzanne Dayton his life changed. They got engaged soon after, but that did not last long before he called it off.
Terri
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audio version of this book and absolutely loved it. To be honest, the narration by Sebastian York may have pushed it to 5 Stars instead of 4 Stars for me. I'm usually not into books about billionaires, but the billionaire facet was almost like a minor part in the book.
I loved the laugh out loud moments in the book (think naughty old ladies and a very hunky male nude model for an art class). The internet dates that Suzanne went on were also snort worthy. I also liked that Gerald
Coco.V
Dec 05, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on iBooks today (12/5/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Gerald Wright works for billionaires. He never imagined he'd become one.

Turns out the joke's on him. There's just one catch. A big one.

And it might be Suzanne -- in more ways than he ever dreamed.
Terry
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anybody want some oregano

I so love how Julia Kent writes. I'm so happy for Gerald. You get a more in depth imagine of him. You get a glimpse of his nature. I so love this book. It had me dying laughing in the middle of the night. I'm sick but for some reason could not put this book down. Between coughing or puking In was still holding my stomach from laughter. I'm glad all the other characters are in this book as well. Declan playing matchmaker, Maria disrupting class. Agnes pinching people. Tha
Erin Lewis
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star review Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10) by Julia Kent
Book 10 in the series is all about Gerald Wright, a former Navy Seal who works as a chauffeur for the McCormick family. He is also a talented sculptor, a fact that surprised many.
Being around billionaires, the last things he expects or wants is to find out that he has inherited a fortune from someone he has never even heard of. However, that is exactly what happens when his ex-fiancée Suzanne Dayton crashes his nude
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Overall - 4/5
Amount of sex - 3.5 / 5
How explicit - 3.5 / 5
Romance - 4 / 5
Shopping for an Heir by Julia Kent is the 10th book in the 'Shopping for a Billionaire' series. I have not read the other books in this series and did not have any issues with following the story line. Shopping for an Heir does contain some heavy topics, like PTSD, but the author writes it in a way that does not make the story line overly emotional.

Gerald and Suzanne used to be engaged years ago and the break up was especi
Margaret Myrie
Dissatisfied

Having read all her previous books, this was lacking , I am wondering and hoping her next book is a little longer, with more dramas I only laugh once, usually I am peeing my pants
Laura Marie W
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Doggie date," oregano, and clay sculptures

Who would have thought those three items can make you laugh so hard you cry. Julia Kent that is who. Shopping for an Heir is an excellent addition to two great series. Definitely one to put on the reading list!
Lynn Ratliff
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book in the Shopping series by Julia Kent. I love all of the books in the series so far. Especially Declan and Shannon.
Trinesha
Boring... This book doesn't belong with Shopping for a Billionaire series. It dragged along, and where the Shopping books are funny, I may have laugh one quick time.
Kristin Kent
Julia Kent's Shopping series continues on, with a pitstop about one of the minor characters seen in prior books, Gerald; the bodyguard/driver for the McCormick /Anterdec men. While this was a pleasant read, nothing stood out for me. Of course, there was a peek-in scene with Declan McCormick's wild and crazy mother-in-law Marie, and Declan himself has a large presence in the book, but I felt as if this book had very little purpose or ending.
Gerald, who is an armed forces vet, finds out he's inher
Jessica Capps
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ooooooooo! New characters!

Well, we actually have come across most of them in the previous books, but the main character here was a bit player until now. Former Navy Seal Gerald is patriarch James McCormick's driver that doubles as his bodyguard. He's also the driver that Declan models nude for in his sculpture classes that he teaches. You already know James & Declan are here, but we also get to see Marie (Shannon's mom), Agness (the old horny coot from Marie's yoga class), Vince (Andrew's pe
Joan
He took a good look at her. He'd seen holy men in Afghanistan with fewer wrinkles. Eyes sunken deep into weathered flesh, she had a twisted, puckered mouth, moved with slow intent, and wore a pink t-shirt with white lettering across the chest that said. "My Breasts Used To Be This High."

My word that's crass and ageist. AND offensive. Would Gerald have thought the same about someone who had a facial disfigurement? Or a physical disability? Or maybe a mental impairment? How about acne scars, or a
Estella
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gerald Wright is a chauffeur by day, artist by night. Gerald works for billionaires. He has found a normal life until his hotter-than-ever ex-fiancée Suzanne Dayton interrupts his nude model sculpting class to serve him with inheritance paperwork from a man he’s never heard of, he assumes it’s a joke. How wrong he is! This is real and comes with a big headache.

I really love Julia Kent's characters and she always pulls me into the characters' lives and I love every minute of it. This book is for
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
This is the 10th book in the series but the first one I've read.

This was an interesting book because I thought it would center around more of the SEAL things they do, but it did and didn't. The plot with the inheritance was not very believable for me and seemed like an afterthought after the bugging and things they did to the heroine and all the chasing of the hero.

The sub characters in the book were good and believable. I thought the author did a great job of showing just how much girl power
Cee Cee Houston
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shopping for for an Heir by Julia Kent was was yet another hilarious ride through the world of billionaires and their girlfriends. This one was a bit more serious with the issues which it dealt with, it wasn’t all doom and gloom with a totally brooding hero.
Gerald, a former Seal now turned chauffeur by day, sculptor by night hasn’t seen his ex-fiancee crashed back into his life. He hasn’t seen her for a decade and now she’s in his life with inheritance papers.
But, even though they haven’t been t
N.W. Moors
Let me start by saying I haven't read any of the other books in this series, but it was easy enough to pick up on most of the other characters. This is a quick read about Suzanne, an estate attorney who is handling an odd bequest, and her ex, Gerald, now a chauffeur/bodyguard and sculptor. The two met in Afghanistan ten years previously but he broke up by email and disappeared.
There were a few parts that were funny though some seemed a little forced. The whole story about the bequest was just s
Christina Montminy
Another great story in Julia Kent’s Shopping series. I enjoyed the rekindled relationship between Gerald & Suzanne. It was an interesting reunion for them after 10yrs apart. I loved how the McCormick family was involved in the reunion in a way & the fact that James McCormick knew of Gerald’s connection to the artifact that he’d been left as an inheritance from a stranger. I also laughed & snickered throughout this book, with the hilarious antics of Agnes & Corrine as well as Shan ...more
Zara West
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some really funny scenes in this romantic comedy mainly to do with old dirty old ladies and naked artist models. But the main plot of second chance lovers seems to bob along without building enough tension to really spark. I am not quite sure why.

Maybe it's because the heroine just gives in so quickly to the Mr. Looks-Good once they meet and kiss again eight years after he dumps her with an e-mail.

There is a subplot about a stolen artifact that had the potential to develop into somet
Gail Dew
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shopping for an Heir

This book runs not and cold. There are a couple chapters that sparkle and have laugh out loud lines. Then there are pointless tiresome chapters that don't really add much to the story like the one about Vince. The commander is bad but he doesn't do anything really bad. Wouldn't reworking Vince's character a bit and making him the model make more sense than a billionaire modeling?! Bad guys wanting the artifact is a good idea but that needs to be really written much more into
Kristen Lewendon
I loved getting the chance to see Gerald out from behind the wheel. He is so much more than just a chauffeur and member of the Anterdec security team. Suzanne is such a strong, fierce woman. I loved seeing her paired with Gerald. With a decade of unresolved feelings for each other to work through, they have their work cut out for them. The mysterious inheritance adds an unexpected note of intrigue to the story. It was a complete hoot having most of the rest of the Shopping cast drop in for cameo ...more
Rose
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this as a Kindle free through their daily deals in hopes of a light transitional read. Sometimes you need a read that is merely for fun. This book fit the bill. Suzanne and Gerald served in Afghanistan and ended up engaged when Gerald walks away leaving her confused and heartbroken. Fast forward 10 years and their paths cross under odd circumstances and an incredible inheritance granted to Gerald. This is your typical romance book but the plot around the inheritance and the other character ...more
Ellen White
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gerald teaching art classes, a woman already complains that for what she paid, she wanted man candy to ogle. He couldn’t believe it, she must of voted for Roosevelt. With the names he seen they had paid in full for eight weeks With cards to fill out and sign, they wrote phone numbers instead.
Suzanne as a paralegal was to serve inheritance papers to Gerald, trying to get her nerve up to go into a nude sculpturing class. Also she is his ex fiancé. This was full of laughs, and even Gerald wonders i
Nancy Bodie
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story!

This book is of course well written. As are all her books. While this book was a bit shorter in length there was a lot of story packed into it. I guess what I am trying to say is that this story is action filled, there is not extra fluff words to bring up word counts. There are still a few laugh out loud moments which really make this series. I really love that we got Geralds story. I love the audio option.
Barbi
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting book.
Gerald is a ex-military bodyguard/ chauffeur/ art teacher.
Suzanne is a ex-military lawyer who is handling an inheritance case for her ex-fiancée, Gerald, whom she hasn’t seen in 10 years.
In this book, you are treated to several of Gerald’s art classes with mainly retirees as his class members. Also, you get to go on some of Suzanne’s blind dates which are hysterical.
The extra characters in this book are what makes this book so enjoyable.
Miss A
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A very pleasant read and some likeable characters. The story itself about inheriting a rare artifact was quite high level and lacked any real depth or substance. The inheritance which in itself could have been an interesting read as really a mere sub-story to the romance that dominated the main bulk of the writing.

An ok book to pass the time but I don't imagine myself buying the rest of the series.
Florbert M
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good subject

4 stars because the books deals with legal questions raised by contemporary wars and their impact on valuable pieces of art, particularly old masters paintings and sculptures... The book also looks at ptsd and war veterans. It does not weep with war veterans who did not find a place back into community. It celebrates those who fought mental failure and won a new different path of life like suzanne, gerald, kuli....
Start with my free books here: http://www.prosaicpress.com/jkentauth...

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 1.5 million books, with 4 New York Times bestsellers and more than 16 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing

Shopping for a Billionaire (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 2 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #2)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 3 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #3)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 4 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #4)
  • Christmas Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #5)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancee (Shopping for a Billionaire, #6)
  • Shopping for a CEO (Shopping for a Billionaire, #7)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire, #8)
  • Shopping for a CEO's Fiancée (Shopping for a Billionaire #9)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Honeymoon (Shopping for a Billionaire, #11)