Start by marking “Ask the Headhunter: Reinventing the Interview to Win the Job” as Want to Read:
Ask the Headhunter: Reinventing the Interview to Win the Job

Ask the Headhunter: Reinventing the Interview to Win the Job

What are you doing to find your next job? Answering endless newspaper ads? Writing a catchy resume and cover letter? Perfecting effective interviewing skills? Well...stop! Now that corporate downsizing is a reality, you can no longer rely on conventional methods for winning your new job. Now more than ever qualified candidates are competing for coveted jobs. Can you afford ...more
Published August 1st 1997 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Ask the Headhunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask the Headhunter

Jeffrey
Jan 19, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: job hunters
The authors idea is to sell the interviewer on your story of how you can do the job.

Of course the key for him is to tell the direct provider of a job rather than a headhunter or human resources person.

The point is not to answer the stupid interview questions with the "right" answer but to get to the interview and be prepared to use a flow chart and tell people how you can do the job for them.

Its an interesting idea but "seizing" the interview is easier conceptually than in reality.
Alison
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
First printed more than 10 years ago, this straightforward how-to manual makes perfect sense, especially in the economy we face today. Don't let job hunting become a full-time endeavor. I'll upgrade the rating to five stars as soon as I land the right job for me!
Sophia Chang
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
While it's no longer in print, this book was invaluable in changing my mindset towards my job search. It's a good read for anyone looking for a job.
Ebonique Ellis
I thought the book was a waste of time and I read it very quickly. But the notes I took were invaluable, because I ended up with two job offers.

The book basically should be rewritten by a psychologist, but the author is actually breaking down how to give the interviewer different opportunities to "think" of you actually doing the job. That way they stop judging you on irrelevant issues and just get back to focus on "can you do the job."

Before this book, I had 13 interviews with no offers. After
Evan
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The best thing about this book is that this guy hates the gate keepers as much as you do, and offers some solid advice on how to avoid them, even though it's hard.

The problems with this book become evident towards the end. He keeps repeating himself over and over saying the same thing in as many different ways as he can until you want to drill part of your brain out. Then he calls you a lazy cow, over and over and over. What a jerk!
Lucas
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I was attracted to this book by the powerhouse articles on Corcodilos' website, and it was slightly disappointing. There were a lot of good ideas in the book, but it was repetitive. Maybe this was done to better drill the concepts into your brain, but I was looking for more insights. Definitely worthwhile despite its flaws.
Laura C. Robb
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Great tips in here for job hunting. You don't need to own it, just find it at the library.
Colin