Start by marking “The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet” as Want to Read:

Keep up with keto on even your busiest days with The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook

Finding quick and easy keto recipes that fit with your lifestyle and schedule can be difficult. That's why Jen Fisch, the blogger behind Keto in The City and a busy working mom, shares her favorite stress-free keto meals in The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. With 125 r
Paperback
Published January 2nd 2018 by Rockridge Press

To ask other readers questions about The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook

Tee Wai
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Diagnosed with two auto immune disorders: psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis, Fisch decided to take up a keto diet earlier on in her life at the age of 18-19. As the tagline of the book describes, it is full of low carb, high fat recipes for busy people on a keto diet. Looking for ways to alleviate pain, she followed her doctor’s advice and started a low carb diet by cutting out sugar intake.

Following a keto diet helps body to burn fat/ ketones for energy instead of burning sugar for energy. Ment
Alpacapanache
I hadn't heard about this book at all, but it's featured as part of the newest Humble Bundle, and I had to scoop it up.

I paid $19 for the full bundle and it was almost worth it entirely for this book alone. Really. I read the entire thing cover to cover, added a ton of recipes to my meal planning app, and I'm excited to dive in. I've looked at A LOT of keto recipes in the last 4 months and I find so many of them are overly complicated, require a lot of ingredient, require a lot of WEIRD ingredie
Rachael Martin
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love that all of these recipes are keto friendly and require 5 or less ingredients. Everything seems pretty simple to make. I would have given it 5 stars except that it didn't have many pictures at all of the food which I would've found helpful.
Christi
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, cookbook, 2018
Keto is all the rage right now and being a girl that is overweight herself my doctor has recommended that I go for a lower carb lifestyle and ketogenic diet is perfect! I have to admit that I am scared to dive right in feet first and thought trying a few new recipes might help me ease my way into a new way of eating.

The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook is the perfect place to start in my opinion. It gives you a quick synapsis of what the Ketogenic Diet is all about and then delves right
Karya Bowen
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been looking to learn more about the Keto diet and possibly take part in it. So I've been poking around various keto cookbooks and researching a little bit. This book is was a great start. It gives a good description of what keto is and why it's a popular diet choice. After reading through the recipes and even trying a few, I'm still not sure if I'm ready to commit to a keto diet. It's a lot of work with tracking and such, but a lot of the recipes were really yummy. The recipes are presente ...more
Jessica Donegan
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edit-keto-stuff
This was an enjoyable book with many interesting and enticing recipes. Occasionally, I found the author was hindered by her restrictions to only 5 ingredients, but most of the time I preferred the simplify limiting the dishes provided. Fisch recommends some supplements and powders that while common in Keto communities, I encourage readers to do due diligence on before adding to their diet. Again I'm mixed on their inclusion in this book. On one hand, its good to mention common tools or popular p ...more
Cyd Highfield
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
As someone who has always heard that fat is bad, this book still leaves me feeling with the amount of fat is used. Yes, I know, most of it is good fat, with higher amounts of protein but sometimes it’s harder to get over that mental hurdle.
I haven’t checked on pricing or how how easy these items would be to get in my northern climes but it’s something I’d look into.
I’m not sure if I could ever really give up my carbs ( cinnamon buns you are my downfall! ) so I’m not sure how well I’d be able to
Cherise
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Pretty good cookbook. I was confused by the fact that some of the dessert recipes have lower net carbs indicated than seems correct. For instance, the crustless cheesecake bites on page 153 have 18g of carbs, 0g of fiber, and net carbs are listed as 2g. How is that possible? Is it because of the addition of Swerve sweetener? It's not explained, and only describes calculating net carbs as total carbs minus fiber.
Lili
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
The recipes themselves seemed quite easy to follow thanks to the 5 ingredient ethos, although I'll admit that I'm still struggling a bit with the Ketogenic concept as a whole, which is what put me off this book a little. In saying that, it was super simple to follow and really did break things down for you, so I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to follow the Keto diet but is unhappy with the often black-and-white and hard-to-follow Keto books out there.
Mildred Slattery
I love this book!

It's easy reading, to start with, and it just makes sense. I've fallen off the wagon, accidentally, but climbing back on. Something I thought was carb free, wasn't. It's now banished to the land of used to be, as I continue my quest for normal blood sugar without insulin. The recipes included are both easy and appealing, a double whammy for me. Thank you!!!
Karen S. Williams
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good variety

This cookbook has a good amount of variety in its recipes. What I liked is the consumer doesn't have to buy expensive, gourmet ingredients as most can be found in a well-stocked kitchen. What I didn't care for are the majority of recipes are geared for two servings.
Kelly
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really excited to give some of these recipes a try. I love that they’re simple, as I don’t have lots of time to devote to cooking these days. I might update my rating after I’ve made some of these dishes.
Melissa
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
There are some good ideas in here. The recipes mostly do not rely on weirdo protein powders, which is why I gave it 4 stars. Just sub normal sugar for the gross fake sweetener and the recipes should taste great!
Lindy Duree
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes

It was suggested I start eating healthy, silly doctors. This book was recommended. I just bought it today and tried the basil tomato soup. I like the five ingredient idea. These are easy recipes and mostly serve two.
Wendi Miller
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great recipes & tips

I think the title of my review says it all! I'm really looking forward to trying these recipes. The nice part is I'll be able to convert my family without them even noticing it. I hope anyway..
Nick
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Seeing the word Ghee so much is an appetite killer for me. Clarified butter works. Otherwise basic cookbook no surprises.
Luna Virgo
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I took off one star for the author's insistence on pink Himalayan salt. On every page! Is she getting paid by a pink Himalayan salt company? Other than that, these are great recipes.
Lin
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, health
It lacks in photos, otherwise, it's alright.
Ginny
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
No pictures
Angela
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
So ketogenic intrigues me. Reading this intrigued me more. I can't wait to try some of these recipes just to see if this is something I am really interested in.
Lauralee Moore
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5-ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook...EXCELLENT & EASY

I'm just getting started cooking Ketogenic friendly meals. This makes it easy & sooooo good. Perfect for two person meals!
April
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was very helpful to someone just starting out. Especially things like the kitchen staples and recipes. Simpler version then most.
Kris Copeland
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple and tasty

This recipe book is so simple to follow!! I usually get frustrated by new recipes but all of these are doable!
Melissa
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Appetizing!

Great selection of recipes that give a variety of simple options for low carb meals. This book deserves a spot on your shelf.
Laura Villanueva
Good

A lot of information. I am going to try most of the recipes. Good book that I recommend to you
Kris Stewart
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great keto recipes

Full of great recipes and sound advice. Love this style of eating. Highly recommend for beginners and seasoned keto fans.
Rebecca
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great recipes in here!!!
Libby
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
A cookbook with very few pictures does not pull me in
Cristina Conner
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!!!!

Amazing book of information and recipes. Love all the different types of foods a d love the references at the back! Thank you
Sandra Culvyhouse
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty simple to follow.

• The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook: More than 150 Delicious Recipes Using Only Foods from the World's Greatest Grocery Store
  • Going Solo in the Kitchen
  • Serve Yourself: Nightly Adventures in Cooking for One
  • Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free
  • Christmas Joy: A Keepsake Book from the Heart of the Home
  • It's Complicated: The American Teenager
  • Eat Rich, Live Long: Mastering the Low-Carb  Keto Spectrum for Weight Loss and Longevity
  • Skinny Dish! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook
  • The Paris Cookbook
  • 5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes
  • Boards That Make a Difference: A New Design for Leadership in Nonprofit and Public Organizations
  • Entertaining