Start by marking “The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three

(The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)

When Asami is kidnapped, Korra sets out to the Spirit Wilds to find her. Now teeming with dark spirits influenced by the half spirit-half human Tokuga, the landscape is more dangerous than ever before. The two women must trust in each other and work together if they are to make it out alive. Their fate is revealed in this stunning, action-packed conclusion to The Legend of ...more
Published August 22nd 2018 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Korra, please sign up.

Start your review of The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)
✨    jamieson   ✨
the level of soft I am for these legends cannot be matched

(EXCEPT MAYBE BY ZHU LI AND VARRICK WHO ARE SUCH A QUIRKY BUT WEIRDLY CUTE COUPLE I CAN'T)

i love this gang so fucking much reading these make me so happy thanku Michael Dante DiMartino i owe u my life
milou  ☕️
↠ 5 twinkling stars, and it deserves much more

It's been well over a year since the first comic in this series got published which was a release which we all had been anticipating for years, especially after the show ended. Now we've reached the conclusion of the Turf Wars series which has been an absolute blast from the beginning.

I'm having some difficulty with trying to put my love for Korrasami into words, and I don't think that I can or will do them justice. Everyone who knows me in person is aware that I tend to talk an awful
E.
Korrasami is so fucking canon you guys. My heart is swole :')

__________________________

insta | twitter | blog | booksirens | duolingo
Katie.dorny
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, favorites
this was gloriously gay and i am THRIVING.

Gets better every time.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Next time you're walking down the street, look up. Say "Hello!" to that stranger passing you by. Imagine what it's like to walk in their shoes. If enough of us do that, we might someday find balance as a society, and with one another."

I feel a bit underwhelm about that ending. I was expecting more.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad or anything, actually, Asami was pretty awesome, but overall with all the things that were happening I was expecting more.

We didn't really get that m
Jhosy
Again ... A wonderful volume!
And Korra finally tells Asami those three little words: "I love you"
aaah ... my heart!
I can't wait for the new volume!
Alexis
Things are not looking well for Korra and team Avatar now that Tokuga has gotten his hands on some very powerful weapons and is holding a certain brunette hostage. This final chapter of Turf Wars is also full of action as the gang tries to save the hostages while stopping Tokuga from poisoning everyone in Republic City.

This book ended far too soon but I was really happy to see some very significant growth in the relationship between Korra and Asami. A new trilogy called Ruins of the Empire will be re
Manisha
A solid ending to a good story. I liked the team work, I loved the characters, and I hated the sketchy art style. It improved towards the end of this edition, but the beginning was a mess.

I hope the next comic has better art work.
jessica ☾
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
What is up with this drawing style? Maybe they’re just trying something new, but I am definitely not a fan. This installment just kinda came across to me like they were just going through the motions to finish the story. It seems faster they keep pumping these comics out, the worse they’re getting in quality.
Shadowdenizen
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-avatar
4.5 stars.

I'm glad they are now continuing the Korra storyline in comics form, and this micked it off in grand fashion. (While I love Avatar, Korra always spoke to me more.)
Devann
Although I'm still not wild about the sketchy art style and sometimes messed up proportions, I did enjoy this volume a lot more than the second one. So glad we got a neat story like this that focuses on the aftermath of the series, both in terms of what happens next for Republic City and also for Korra and Asami. This volume does a good job of tying up all the loose ends and was a really fun read.
Ashley
I just really miss Legend of Korra. That is my main takeaway from reading this three-part comic series over the last year. I just did a rewatch of Avatar the Last Airbender and Korra at the beginning of the year, but I might have to do another one. It's just so good.

I think I might have also read this wrong. I read each issue as they came out, and looooved the first one. But the second two, less so. It had been months since I read the preceding issues, and I felt a little disconnected. It also felt like they we
Alice
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Part One brought us back to Republic City.
Part Two brought us back to the action.
Part Three brought us back to the feels.

The final resolution felt a little underwhelming given the lack of confrontation and bending but an ending based on wits. I missed a final big battle with benders moving swiftly and the mesh of elements.
However I enjoyed Zhu Li's take as presidential candidate, her empathy for the people is true, not a drive for politics and power. I am excited to see
Inga
I enjoyed part three the most. Even though some things were a bit simplistic, iyt had more emotion to it and it carried on with the overall spirit of the Avatar universe rather well. Also, go Korra and Asami! <3
Sophia Hanson
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part Two of this trilogy was a bit of a let down, but Part 3 totally made up for it! Korra and Asami confessing their love for each other? Mako being super supportive of his two exes dating? Zhu Li becoming president? Sign me the fuck up.

Vignesh Kumar
The third part beautifully finished the Turf Wars and I am in love with it! My heart goes for Korrasami! They both are awesome as couples and now I can add it to my OTPs! The way people accepted the relationship shows maturity in children's comics as well!
Starlah
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe 4.5 stars

My favorite LoK graphic novel so far
Alison
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you loved LoK as a tv show, the comics are a great extension + continuation of the story. These characters are wonderful, and I'll follow them to the ends of the earth.
Kelley Wool
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
The ending of this one made me unexpectedly emotional. Avatar Aang throwbacks and endings where LGBT characters survive and thrive have that effect on me I guess. <3
Χρύσα Αναστασίου
I enjoy reading about Avatar Korra too much and I cannot get enough of her adventures.

Part three gave us another glimpse of Republic city and the spirit portal which was amazing once again. A lot of things happened in this volume and the story moved forward in a way that left me with a huge smile on my face that will take some time to fade.

More Korra, please!
James Bowman
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, comics, fantasy
(This review covers all three parts of Turf Wars.)

A solid continuation of Legend of Korra. The Korra-Asami relationship (and the reaction of others to it) is handled fairly well, as is the dramatic plot of the titular turf wars between rival bender gangs and between political factions in Republic City. The main villain wasn't very deep, but he gets points for an interesting design concept. (His rival in the Creeping Crystals had more promise.) This would have worked quite well as a TV movi
Gillian
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75

I honestly do prefer the TV show then the comics. I'm not a big fan of the art style these comics have in it but I do appreciate that Michael Dante DiMartino is making more comics for this world that I love so much. The one thing I really did enjoy about this three part series is that we got to learn more about the Triple Threat Tirad more. They were also an interesting gang and I've always wanted to know more about them. I'm very excited for the next one because Kuvira is coming
ambyr
The plot here is pedestrian, but you know what? Sometimes I don't need innovative. Sometimes I just want to watch happy lesbians be happy together. Add in some nice character moments and the continued expanding role of my personal fave, Zhu-Li, and this was pretty much the perfect accompaniment to a weeknight night cup of tea on my sofa.
Connie
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt
a very satisfying conclusion to this arc of the graphic novels!! i'm so glad they decided to carry on with these, Avatar genuinely has the best universe and storytelling, so i love being able to continue experiencing this world in so many different stories and formats
Aleksandra
Beautiful finale to the trilogy!
Korrasami scenes are iconic, Zhu Li is strong and beautiful and I love her, the art is so pretty!

I'm so happy we are getting more The Legend of Korra comic books!
The Dyslexic Bookworm
This was an interesting read, as I really didn't remember what happened in the first two graphic novels. But, I must say this one was a decent read, and as someone who loves the Avatar series I definitely like more lore.
Hind
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Though darkness thrives in the void, it always yields to purifying light." — Avatar Aang
Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c;
Coming back to the avatar/ Legend of Korra universe is always like coming home. ATLA was my childhood and, it with LOK, continues to be one of my favourite comfort reads/shows. Plus there is always the bonus of seeing Korra and Asami happy and in love on page.
Hayley
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Definitely not my favourite out of the three, but still good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Two (Imbalance, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 3 (North and South, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Three (Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 3 (Smoke and Shadow, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 2 (Smoke and Shadow, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 (Smoke and Shadow, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 2 (North and South, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 3 (The Rift, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 (The Rift, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 1 (The Rift, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 1 (North and South, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2 (The Search, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Team Avatar Tales
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (The Search, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
Michael Dante DiMartino is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design. His directing credits include the animated series King of the Hill, Family Guy, and Mission Hill. He is a co-creator of the award-winning animated Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel, The Legend of Korra. DiMartino lives in Los Angeles with his wife. The Rebel Geniuses series is his debut prose wor ...more

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars (4 books)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Library Edition