Start by marking “The Forest House (The Ashar Prophecies: Book 1): A Dark Urban Paranormal Series” as Want to Read:
The Forest House (The Ashar Prophecies: Book 1): A Dark Urban Paranormal Series

The Forest House (The Ashar Prophecies: Book 1): A Dark Urban Paranormal Series

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A psychic connection, a secret war, and a dangerous attraction to her abductor – does Hera have what it takes to fulfill the Ashar prophecy?

Dealing with anxiety and a dysfunctional family is bad enough, but it gets worse when Hera is kidnapped and taken to a mysterious house secluded in the middle of a forest.

There she meets Aethen, the leader of the Ashar Coven, claimin
Published December 15th 2017 by Tamara Rokicki

To ask other readers questions about The Forest House (The Ashar Prophecies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forest House (The Ashar Prophecies

really liked it 4.00  ·

Whitney McGruder
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't think that I would be super crazy about another vampire lore novel. As in, vampires seem a bit cliché to me, so I wasn't sure how Rokicki would make her novel stand out from all the others. Turns out she pulled it off quite nicely by focusing on explaining her lore rather than the sensuality of vampires feeding on unsuspecting humans. I think that part always creeped me out, so I enjoyed Rokick's take on vampirism.

The psychic vampires feed off of energy, which seemed like they reached o
J. Vincent
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
*Warning: Minor Spoilers*

The Forest House, Book One of The Ashar Prophecies, is a promising young adult paranormal fantasy from debut author Tamara Rokicki. The book adds a new twist to vampire lore while still keeping favorite mores alive.

The greatest strength of this novel is its pacing. It’s one of those books where you sit down intending to read one chapter and end up reading six instead. It pulls you brilliantly along with lead character Hera in her journey from anxiety-ridden outcast to hi
Saundra Wright
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fresh and new way to view vampires. This book is just the beginning of an exciting new trilogy. Tamara Rokiki has established her own unique voice in the dark fantasy genre.

Hera is tired of her life spinning out of control. Her panic attacks are taking over her life. She can’t seem to get through a school day without breaking down in tears. Her older sister, Arley, used to be there for her, someone she could count on, her best friend. That all ended nearly two years ago. Arley has become angr
Casandra
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was unique to me in the way that it was about psychic vampires and I have never read a book about that type of vampire. So, I found this highly intriguing. I liked the pacing of the book at the beginning and towards the end. There were a few parts where the author reiterated the same info she'd given in the book earlier in the plot like to the point that it was heavily noticeable and sometimes exhausting to have to read about again. Yet, even with that one little annoyance, I loved thi ...more
Colette Samimi
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful urban fantasy with characters you will become attached to and want to dive in deeper with!

What a great story! I could barely put it down! Hera's emotional ride to learning her true self is a journey not to be missed. Filled with new beginnings and dark past secrets she must make life altering decisions to save her family and friends from evil.
Crystal Amason
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the direction this book takes. Very unique characters and book plot. I couldn't read it fast enough. And all the plot twist. This book is amazing and so not your average vampire book.
Staci
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Approching maturity without a clue of the truth.

Each life has it's moments of shocking disclosures. When they are beyond anything you've been prepared for what then. How does one walk into the unknown.
Tayla Lewis
rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2018
Mobo
Jun 27, 2019
Tamara Rokicki
Dec 07, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kimberly