Start by marking “Earl of Weston (Wicked Earls' Club, #6)” as Want to Read:
Earl of Weston (Wicked Earls' Club, #6)

Earl of Weston

(Wicked Earls' Club #6)

Edward Hunter, confirmed bachelor, comes home from an assignment with the Crown to find his brother killed, and his father dead from grief. He is now the Earl of Weston, a position he never wanted. While searching for leads to his brother's murder, he finds himself forced to attend ton entertainments he normally would have avoided.

Hattie Longbottom is an aging, sh
Published February 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Earl of Weston, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earl of Weston

Barbara Rogers
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: iblog, novella
3.5 Stars rounded up to 4
Series: Wicked Earls’ Club #6
Publication Date: 2/14/17

This new-to-me author has included my two favorite elements in a book – mystery and romance. Well, actually, it was a little short on the romance side but was probably typical for marriages of that period. I believe that the book tried to cover too many elements for a novella and I didn’t really feel complete with either of the elements – especially the romance though. There was potential – and
Erin Anfinson-pirani
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story of a restless Earl; and a church-mouse woman, on the verge of spinsterhood. When Edward Hunter, Earl of Weston inherits the title from his father, and now, his elder brother. Edward is not exactly thrilled. A title is the last thing he wanted. When Edward finds out his brother has been murdered while away on business, he will stop at nothing to find the assailant.

Hattie Longbottom is a strict, Christian woman, who believes she is past her prime to marry. While on a trip to her bro
Lori Quick
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Earl of Weston by Anna St. Claire is one of my favorite Wicked Earl's Club books. It was such a delight. I loved the characters. They were well written. My favorite was the parrot.

If you like romance, weddings, intrigue, blackmail, duals, this is your book.
Heather
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is fun. It's light and entertaining with a little mystery and the perfect amount of drama to keep you hooked. It has a lovely romance, great friendships, a villianous inlaw, murder, intrigue and lots of humor. The characters are well rounded, colorful and loveable. The plot line is well written, entertaining and captivating.
Maggie Whitworth
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋
Another great addition to the Wicked Earls series.
Edward and Hattie are our H and h , but the star of the show has to be Archie , I’ll leave you to discover exactly who that is and why he’s so wonderful.
This is a bit of a murder mystery, compromising innocents , Witty banter sort of book , and it really made me smile , here’s to more of the same soon .

Susan Beeker
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading The Earl of Weston. I've never read any of the author's previous writings, but found this book to be an exceptional page turner. From start to finish, the story line kept me riveted. There were equal parts of humor and excitement throughout the pages. I'm looking forward to Anna St. Claires' next piece of writing. I highly recommend reading this book.
Ann Gonzalez
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story and the characters. It is funny. I laughed a lot. This is the first book in this series that I have read and I look forward to reading the others. It is a full complete story, but I was actually hoping it was longer. Such an entertaining read.
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader

New romance author Anna St. Claire delivers in the Earl of Weston. Her writing style is fluid and the addition of the co-author did not detract in the reading. Both molded perfectly and the story came out as a fun reading experience.

I really wasn’t sure what to think about Hattie’s character in the beginning. She is slightly standoffish and brittle, but she totally grew on me as the story progressed. She grew enough as a character where she didn’t lose who she was but she did soften in her demeanor. Hattie's pe
Pat
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a new author for me, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed her book. It is very well-written and moves at a nice pace. The characters are well-developed and are very interesting and lovable. This story has drama, intrigue, emotion, wonderful humor and sweet romance.

There were laugh out loud moments, and there was one big moment when I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. Thoroughly enjoyable and engaging! Well done and highly recommended!
Linda Adams
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I absolutely loved this it was lovable endearing and some places funny the characters were wonderful it was just a great book it really was into me all that matters in a book is that you enjoyed it I thoroughly enjoyed this book buy it you won't be disappointed it was really good
Janet
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Edward Hunter, confirmed bachelor, comes home from an assignment with the Crown to find his brother killed, and his father dead from grief. He is now the Earl of Weston. While searching for leads to his brother’s murder, he finds himself forced to attend ton entertainments he normally would have avoided. Hattie Longbottom is an aging, sheltered spinster who has spent the last ten years caring for her invalid parent. With the death of her mother, she is forced to leave her home. Because she refus ...more
Mrs Caroline Trevor
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this a really good book. Harriet, Edward and the indestructible Archie are all great characters. At a house party Edward mistakenly enters Harriet's room and is forced to marry her after being caught by her family. The little mystery of the story gives depth to the book but Archie has got to be the best character ever.
Sharon
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wicked-earl-s-c
Hero: Edward/Weston - Heroine: Hattie
4.5* : I enjoyed another great story in this series that is filled with fun, love and intrigue. The story progressed steadily, has well developed characters with witty/humorous dialogue and a fun developing plot. Archie not only saved the day but provided lots of comic relief. This story has a very happy and satisfying HEA
Diane
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fun Wicked Earl story. I have not read anything by Anna St Clair before but this was a great way to get to know her. Two strangers, a forced marriage and a murder mystery all combine to create a fun love story.
My favorite character in the whole book is Archie - the amazing talking parrot who saves the day.
Bobbie Sue
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Archie

This is a great book. Intrigue, humor, and an accidental marriage. I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun read.
Donna Foster
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want a parrot!

This was a fun read! The characters were amazing, funny , the parrot was great! These Earl's are falling like flies.
Patricia Schuette
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Earl gets lucky

A new Earl who has inherited his title from a much loved brother. He thinks his brother was murdered. So he is looking for the man who had been the late Earl's second in the Duke who witnessed what happened. He is told to go to a house party to find the man. I'm the way he meets Hattie.
Judy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Earl of Weston by Anna St. Claire & Lauren Harrison
Wicked Earls’ Club Series Book Six
Edward Hunter, Earl of Weston was at a place he really didn't want to be in his life. He never planned on being more than the second son—wasn't raised to be an earl. But life is never what one expects. Now, he not only holds the title his brother should have had, but he is also trying to find out who murdered his brother.

Hattie Longbottom and her best friend, Archie, are heading to st
Rickie Bingham
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful
Donna
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
What a fun idea the Wicked Earls Club is! Different heroes, heroines and the authors who wrote them. The connection is that the heroes belong to the club until they are engaged or married.

Edward becomes the Earl when his brother is murdered. He and his friend, Bergen, are sent by the home Office to the Brentley house party to see if they can discover the murderer. Hattie Longbottom, Lord Brentley’s half-sister, is also on her way to live there. She has a parrot who is very entertaining. She mee
SOMDReigel
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
While she might be an aging, religious, sheltered spinster, after a few mishaps, Hattie is coming into her own. She really steals the show because she is not the typical heroine character. I love that Edward thought she was a hoot and couldn’t stop thinking of her. Edward is a rogue but deep down he’s really a caring, considerate man who is grieving, and feeling a bit guilty of his brother’s death. A forced marriage really benefits these two who are the definition of opposites attract. Archie th ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bird to the rescue

I freaking adore this story. It is fun and page turning. What more could you ask for? Hattie is a good church going girl that has been taking care of her mom so long that she is doomed to be a spinster. She also know nothing of the world, and less about men
Edward has been faced to take a role he never wanted after his brother questionable death. Living this life of a rouge is fine with him.
This two characters are so different that the event that force them to s
Jeanne
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick witted and contains a bit of mystery!

I enjoyed the quick wit and camaraderie between the Earl of Weston and his traveling companions and foundrIes Hattie and her bird to be quite comical!
Sandi
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Earl of Weston

Oh I did so love this young lady. She was different from the usual shots that are on parade every season. She didn't think that she was herself. The whole story was hilarious in spots, it had it's moments of danger, and was thoroughly entertaining.
Alexandra
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
They went from being plain mean to the heroine to wanting to protect her -and it all proceeded so fast and with so many clichees and not very believable scenes it was not a book for me.
Lyre
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, mf, historical
The heroine was too prudish to stand, I gave up. That's all.
Kathy Bunbury
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story and especially the parrot. A good mix of mystery, ruination, intrigue and did I mention a ribald parrot? There's nothing like a house party for someone to get compromised!
Elaine
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
An enjoyable story. 4☆
Dianne Lowe
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Hattie and Edward, Earl of Weston. They meet as Hattie's stage, with all her clothes, drives away. Edward and his friend give her and her pet Archie a ride to her destination. At her brother's house party, Hattie is compromised and must marry Edward. Archie, the pet parrot, helps save the day when Hattie is captured by a murderer. Though off to a bad start, Hattie and the Earl find they are well suited.
Kathryn Bullivant
Feb 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Anna St. Claire is an avid reader, and now author, of both American and British historical romance. She and her husband live in Charlotte, North Carolina, where their once empty nest has a cat and two dogs. They have also just become grandparents.

Anna relocated from New York to the Carolinas as a child. Her mother, a retired English and History teacher, always encouraged Anna's interes

Wicked Earls' Club (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Earl of Sussex (Wicked Earls' Club, #1)
  • Earl of Westcliff (Wicked Earls' Club, #2)
  • Earl of Wainthorpe (Wicked Earls' Club, #3)
  • Earl of Sunderland (Wicked Earls' Club, #4)
  • Earl of Basingstoke (Wicked Earls' Club, #5)
  • Earl of Davenport (Wicked Earls' Club, #7)
  • Earl of Grayson (Wicked Earls' Club, #8)
  • Earl of Benton (Wicked Earls' Club #9)
  • Earl of Pembroke (Wicked Earls' Club, #10)
  • Earl of St. Seville (Wicked Earls' Club Series)