Start by marking “Free Fall” as Want to Read:
Free Fall

Free Fall

I’ll never forget the first time I saw Nora Fisher. The way my heart sped up in my chest and blood rushed through every part of me. I was drawn to her the moment our eyes met.

She was beautiful.

Guarded.
Damaged.
Just like me.

I never meant to hurt the only woman I’ve ever loved. She was light, and I was dark, casting shadows on everything around me. Letting her go meant
Published January 24th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Free Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free Fall

Start your review of Free Fall
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, top-reads-2018
I stayed up way past my bedtime (4AM ) devouringFREE FALL! It’s so good you guys with so much push & pull and enough baggage these teenagers endure that it just breaks your heart. BUT their love story is so Beautiful ! Go take a FREE FALL on Jack & Nora this is my favorite book that I have read so far this year! I thought this book was going to possibly be a military romance based on the Excerpt Reveal last month (HERE), but I was so wrong!

Ari
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nora is light. I am dark. Am I a fool for thinking she can brighten my life without me darkening hers?

*3.5 Stars!*

I've seen rave reviews about Emily Goodwin's books in the past so I decided to pick up her latest release and give her romances a try. Fun fact, the models on the cover are actually a couple in real life! How adorable is that??!!

Free Fall is an emotional romance about finding the light when you're surrounded by darkness. Nora Fisher and Jack Harrington both have rough pasts
Coco.V
Apr 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Small Town Romance Boxset (One Call Away, Free Fall, Never Say Never) is on sale for $0.99 on Amazon today!

Valerie
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just absolutely loved this book. A wonderfully woven story of teenage love with a second chance. Both Jack and Nora are broken in different ways. They immediately connect and help each other. The book is dual POV. The story flows seamlessly from the past to the present. No confusion or unnecessary points. I just can't express in the right words how much I love this story. Emily Goodwin is one of my most favorite authors and she does not disappoint with this book.
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Free Fall was a sweet, sexy, heartbreaking, and emotional standalone contemporary romance, and I absolutely loved it! The storyline and characters were amazing, and I loved Emily Goodwin's writing style. Free Fall was my second novel from Ms. Goodwin, my first was One Call Away, and it was definitely one of my favorites. I'll be honest, I loved One Call Away more, but Free Fall was still amazing in its own right, and I loved reading it from beginning to end.

Jack and Nora were
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
There are some books that you read and you get emotional, then there are the few that you can actually feel the heart stopping pain, the pure joy and everything between deep down. I felt every emotion in this book. iived the heartbreak while reading, I lived the pieces of what was broken being put back together. Goodwin makes you live through the book because her characters are so real and you feel so connected to them that it is impossible not to truly feel the story.

First off, I was a little
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I was anxiously awaiting this book. I love second chance romances and this was full of angst, heartbreak, Love and deep connections.

Jack was such a broody guy, once I found out why I was just in awe of him. His self sacrifice was just astounding.

Nora, wow! For someone so young at the start of the story, she had to endure so much and to grow into this incredible young woman; what makes this so interesting, is that this is something that could happen, if not, has happened in real life.

Ms.
Mandy
This was a really sweet story! I loved the characters and the unique situations that made them more complex. The steamy scenes were super hot, there was a little bit of humor, a lot of angst, a cute dog, family and people who become family. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more by this author.
Michelle Monroe
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
***I spent the last year feeling trapped inside a living nightmare. When I’m with her, I feel like I’m falling, but I also feel free.

Jack is right. He is trapped in a living nightmare. His past haunts him, he feels he is drowning in darkness. And most days, he is. Until he meets Nora. She’s his little bit of shining light and he will do anything to keep his light in the darkness.

But when his burdens becane too much, he was afraid his darkness would overshadow her light. And he broke her heart.
Anna
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome story!
Great MCs, SC as well!
It was a bit slow my first 20%, but then it was just great!

Lisa Hemming
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is always a beautiful light after the darkness.

Nora has lost everyone she has ever loved and most days she feels lost and all alone.
Her grandmother may still be here, but she is spending her last days in a nursing home. A place she would never have wanted to be. Life is just not fair. She likes her foster family but she knows it is only temporary, and then what will happen to her? For now, she spends her time in the backyard treehouse listening to Tom Petty on her iPod and reading
MJ Symmonds
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off I had absolutely no idea as to what Free Fall was about. I didn't need to know as I am already a fan of Ms. Goodwin's writing.

Free Fall starts off as a first love story that morphs into a second chance romance 4 years later.

Jack and Nora stole a piece of my heart and soul. For two young people they have both experienced some very traumatic events in their lives and while some can quickly overcome the darkness, some cannot. Nora tries to keep her life flowing as normal. Full steam
MellysBooks
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story line was unlike anything I have read. Emily you have out done yourself with Jack and Nora's story. It was a teenage romance plus a second chance all into one.

Jack and Nora were perfect for each other.
Both in a dark place and broken in their own ways, but coming into each others lives at the perfect time.

"...because anywhere with a person you love is a good place."

Nora is still dealing with the loss of parents, when her grandmother gets sick and is unable to care for her. With this new
Chelsea | WithHerBooks
Emily Goodwin has done it AGAIN!
She has such a way with words. Free Fall gave me everything I hoped for, and so much more. It. Is. Amazing. What an emotional journey … this book will give you all the feels. It was simultaneously heart-breaking and beautiful.

"When it gets dark, look for the stars. Stars can't shine without the darkness."

Jack Harrington and Nora Fisher are drawn to one another from the start. Both characters have a past filled with struggle and hardship, and find refuge in one
The Book Fairy Reviews
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you find your soul mate in High school? For Jack and Nora the pull they had for each other when they first met was magnetic. The darkness that consumes Jack is the one thing that threatens to destroy the one beautiful thing in his life, Nora.
This book is more than just a romance, it is about surviving trauma, never letting anything get you down. It is about strength, about loving and living life to its fullest. Loving someone so much that you would give everything up just to ensure they
Dana
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

Ms.
Denise Van plew
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time in reading this author with the characters calling out to be read. They wanted to tell their story Jack and Nora did with us the reader being consumed by them. They sure were able to do the that starting from the beginning even. This is also to me a second chance too with it pulling you to the edge to see if it will happen the way you want it too. Your heart will be pulled many times by them with bleeding now and again. They way this one grows though it will cement in you ...more
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read this author before but something about the blurb caught my eye and being that it was a KU read I quickly clicked. One of my "reader" new year's challenges was to read new to me authors, and I really enjoyed it. The heartache that life can bring upfront and personal was hard to read at times. The situation being so close to home with how the world is unraveling at the moment. But between all the rough edges was a first love that was tested, although bruised and battered was left ...more
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another beautifully heartbreaking and yet uplifting story by Emily Goodwin. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. I seem to fall in love with all of her books!

Jack and Nora were both broken beyond repair, or so it seems. Then they found each other. They are the missing pieces to each others broken souls. Now, time and love can heal themselves and each other.

This was a moving story about teen age love that works, and yet moves on into adulthood and becomes everything. I loved every
Love N. Books
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02:

I've been reading Goodwin for quite some time and I will admit, this is her best work to date. Amazing. Beautiful. Emotional.

Sucked out all my air. So, so, heavy at times, but handled with grace and style. And at times the book veered places and directions I didn't want it to. I frantically tried grabbing the steering wheel to redirect my way, but alas, the story unfolded and needed to go left instead of right. But then ended up right, right?

While a solid portion of this book is
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars ...more
Habiba Hasabo
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
What is wrong with me? It seems like nothing seems to click with me anymore. It has always been a miss when it comes to Emily Goodwin’s books and I don’t know why. This was another miss. I could not love it. It was okay and I enjoyed it and thats it. I got bored while reading this and unfortunately I wanted it to end fast.

“I don’t believe in luck. You make your own luck, and no amount of crystals or precariously positioned mirrors can stop bad things from happening.”

Jack was a tortured teenager
Nora Noll
I liked this book but thought that too much time was spent on their teenage years. I wish more of it was spent on when the main characters, Nora and Jack, came back together and re-kindled their love.

I did like that Jack never really overcame his PTSD-because that is a reality. I also like that Nora saw him for what he was and didn't try to change him. All in all a good read BUT a little too long as teens.
Mistee  Lemaster
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the realness this book brings! Real life at its finest with trauma and the struggles that trauma victims go through. This author did an excellent job with these characters and this story!!!
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Free Fall was so good. I wasn’t sure what to expect as Emily Goodwin is a new to me author, but I was highly impressed. This book was an emotional rollercoaster, and once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. It was completely engrossing, and Nora and Jack were wonderful characters.

Free Fall is a stand-alone novel. It’s written in dual first-person perspective, narrated by Nora and Jack.

These two had each experienced more heartbreak in their short lives than most adults do. Their pain was
Sky's Readings
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book, without reading the blurb, so i had no idea what was I in for. And to say it was amazing, it's an understatement.
It's a second chance story,which is my favorite kind of read.
We all know how those go. Boy meat girl, fall in love, break up for some stupid reason, and after a while, they met again and eventually, after many fights they get back together. Not here.
They didn't break up for some stupid reason, and one of the things I loved most about this book, was that
Claudia Pinillos
Jack and Nora are beautifully broken. They both have their own kind of darkness but Jack lets his overshadow him and doesn't let him see the possibilities for a future with Nora.

I loved them in high school. Jack, through all his struggles, is so solid for Nora at a time when she needs him most. They develop a friendship and then more and I loved going with them on that journey. When we get to the time jump I'm a little heartbroken and anxious for their paths to cross again.

Even though Nora and
Cinthia
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
How can I even begin to describe how remarkable this book was! It almost seems impossible for me to put into words just how much this story meant to me. Free Fall was a heartbreaking and poignant love story that captivated my heart from the very start. This author’s flawless writing and riveting storytelling had me infatuated with this book from the first page to the last. Jack and Nora's unforgettable journey had tugged on my heartstrings and kept me craving for more of their story. The ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nora Fisher met Jack when she was placed in a foster home next door to his family, after losing hers. He wanted her from the moment he spotted her, recognizing the pain in her eyes, as he carries his own. Her light kept his darkness at bay, but Jack made a huge mistake after falling in love with her, he pushed her away, believing that he wasn't any good for her. After breaking both of their hearts, four years later, she's back home from college, and he's determined to fix what he broke. But is ...more
Andi Isack
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is always a "before" and an "after" falling, a reason, and thousand consequences. Falling is when your life breaks in pieces in front of you and you can do nothing to stop it or what will come after, and you feel as broken as your life, unable to fix it no matter how much you try, or fight against it. What is broken still broken. That's what Jack is. He has been swollen by his darkness, and he just gave up. Or he thinks he did it. What he doesn't know and expect either is to see the light. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Breathe (The Luminous Rock Series, #2)
  • Rock & Regrets (Reckless Release Book, #2)
  • Bounty (Hitman, #1)
  • Pulse (The Luminous Rock Series, #1)
  • The Road to You
  • Unraveled
  • Intoxicated By You
  • Living Out Loud
  • Tempting Perfection (Timeless Love)
  • Don't Be Afraid
  • My Way Back to You (Second Chances Duet, #2)
  • Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Revive (The Vindicated, #3)
  • Wrecked For You (Exposed Hearts, #2)
  • Flawless Perfection (Timeless Love, #2)
  • Needing Him (Bishop Brothers, #2)
  • Kyler
  • Found (The Everhart Brothers #3)
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is
“Hearts are wild beasts, Nora. The sooner you learn that the better. You can’t tame something wild. Doing so puts you in harm’s way, and neither will win in the end. Wild animals aren’t to be caged. They must run free. Find someone to run with you, darling. Not ahead, not behind, but next to you.” 0 likes
“you can’t lose if you’re trying’,” 0 likes