Start by marking “Southern Spinster (Frostville, #2)” as Want to Read:
Southern Spinster (Frostville, #2)

Southern Spinster

(Frostville #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Cupid had his sights set on her… but he aimed a little too well.

Maybelle Monroe is ready to find that man of her dreams. At thirty-six, she feels her clock ticking, and there are no takers in her hometown in Alabama. After a disastrous date—or non-date—Maybelle’s desperation hits an all-time high, and she books herself a week-long trip in Frostville, a magical mansion i
Published February 19th 2018 by CookieLynn Publishing Services

To ask other readers questions about Southern Spinster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Southern Spinster

Keri
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to win an early arc of this book! I just recently found Cassie Mae and I've loved the 5 books I've read by her. This doesn't disappoint! All poor Maybelle wants is a husband and her happily ever after, what girl doesn't, but things just haven't worked out for her. She's pretty desperate at first which I have to admit was a tad annoying BUT her lovable personality and determination will win you over! She doesn't immediately know who she wants to be with, which was a refreshing ch ...more
Annette Sullivan
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this fun romantic story, the characters are charming, the drive to find ‘the one ‘ real, and the fun getting there is all created beautifully for us to enjoy in his book.
Kate
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Southern Spinster is a romance that will draw you in and steal your heart. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll hang onto every last word of Maybelle Monroe’s quest to find true love and her happily ever after. A stand-alone in the Frostville series, Maybelle’s story is endearing and heart wrenching in turn.
After the latest in a long string of rejections, Maybelle trolls the online dating sphere for another go-round, determined that she’ll achieve her dream of a husband and children one day, des
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
Cupid, a murder mystery, and a magical mansion? Once, I read the synopsis I had to see what this book had in store. It was a sweet quick read but I was a little let down.

Anytime there is more than one man vying for the girl, I will admit, I get a little picky. I this story, the plot moved forward so fast that it was difficult to connect and get invested in either relationship. There was a back and forth between the two which was entertaining and I constantly dreaded that she would pick, who I t
Caro
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

TBH, this was not a favorite for me.

We have Maybelle here, pretty much obsessed with love and getting married and forming a family. There is nothing wrong with that dream, but I found Maybelle’s obsession WAY over the top of normal consumption, lol. It was just too much for me.

I thought she was a lovely girl and I really hated how the town treated her, like ‘poor little, single Maybelle’. Who cares? So, I could see how that was also too much for her. Still, she was sweet and determined
Melena Torretta
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, arcs
Maybelle is fed up with trying to find love in her home town. One day while on the internet she sees an ad for the Frostville mansion where people swear the spirit of cupid helps couples come together.

She makes the trip with her brother Will and is surprised when she meets two guys who she connects with. How will she be able to tell which one is Mr. Right?

A quick, sweet read, Maybelle is a fun protagonist, but I don't think this book was for me. I enjoyed Maybelle's experiences at the mansion an
Hilda
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance
I am reading the Frostville series out of order! Southern Spinster, what a cute story. Maybelle is a loud, outspoken force of a woman. She's tired of being single and books a murder mystery week at the Frostville mansion on a whim. Maybelle drags her brother off to the mansion for a week of murder mystery fun in a house full of strangers. In her last ditch effort to find The One, Maybelle finds herself faced with not one, but two extremely different suitors in her first day at the mansion! One w ...more
Teri
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
She really really no you don’t hear me, she REALLY wanted to be married. Kids, messy house, snotty noses all of it. She wanted it all. As a last ditch effort she cons her brother into taking a week off with her. IT is a week of first for her. She not only learns a valuable life lesson she also learns the difference between Eros and Cupid. This is an important thing to keep in mind as the story unfolds. I love how the author gives us just enough of her inner battle to help us understand not to fi ...more
Amanda
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Short review. *Mini Spoiler*. Like the premise of the book but felt like the relationship between the characters was rushed. Maybelle has two men interested in her and who she's interested in, I like reading about her getting to know Garreth and Michael. But what I didn't like is that it went from getting to know one another to you must be ready for a commitment after only knowing each other for a few days. When Michael asks what is the rush I couldn't have agreed with him more. I do hope the ne ...more
Sarah Martinson
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Southern Spinster is a wonderful companion story to The Princess and the Pizza Man, but told through Maybelle's point of view. I loved how this novel delved so much deeper into the story line, and while I thought I knew everything that would happen since I've already read The Princess and the Pizza Man, there were some definite surprises! While overall this story is sweet and light hearted, Maybelle is portrayed in such a way that as a reader I also felt all her heartache, nervousness, and self ...more
Natalie Hughes
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can not tell you how much I love Cassie Mae and all of her characters. This book just adds to my list of books i love from her. Maybelle is 36years old and just wants to find the one and fill her home with babies. She is just so sassy and loud and i loved her from the start. She finds the one in her polar opposite but not without some heartbreak and small mistake. Really you should read it and see what i'm talking about.
Barbara Abney
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, fun and quick read! This is my first time reading this author and I truly enjoyed it! Maybelle is such a quirky character! I loved her! She is ready to settle down and have babies but can't find a man to fill that role where she lives. Her and her brother take a trip and she meets two men vying for her attention. Who will she choose? Read it and find out! I can't wait for the next story to find out how the other man gets his HEA!
Bernadette Cinkoske
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this romantic comedy from Cassie Mae. Maybelle is smart, sassy, a little loud, and a normally very upbeat person. She heads to Frostville, a magical Michigan mansion in hopes of finding her perfect mate. Cupid sends her two amazing men. How will she choose? This is just a fun, fun story. I recommend it.
Nari
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book even better than I first. It is along the same timeline as the first book the Princess and the Pizza Man. I like how Maybelle discovers there is more to love and a lasting relationship than attraction and sparks. Micheal is a smooth talker and makes Maybelle feel wanted. Garrett struggles but he seems to see all of Maybelle not just her pretty face.
Amanda
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this book and thought it sounded like a fun read. I just couldn't get past how Maybelle seemed singularly focused on finding a husband and was so bothered by everything else in her life (living situation, job situation, weight, age, everything). I also didn't feel like there were enough details on the men to totally understand their appeal.
Megan Murphy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What's a southern girl full of sugar and spice suppose to do when love refuses cooperate? Go looking for it with some help from Cupid! Super sweet, fun romance of finding love. The ending was not what I had hoped for, but it was perfect for the book so I'm good. Looking forward to reading more books int his series. Downside to the book? I want pizza....so bad.
Suzanne
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very cute and quirky read that leaves you giggling and enjoying seeing the development of Maybelle through the story. She has quick wit and sass that keeps any man on her toes. I really enjoyed seeing her navigate trying to find the one. Would recommend if you are looking for a light hearted romcom!
Becky Wise
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute quick read. Maybelle is spunky and hilarious. She is looking for love the one and hoping cupid can help. Along with her brother Will they head off to a single's murder mystery hotel. Maybelle finds 2 guys vying for her attention and who will she end up with will keep you guessing until the very end. Southern Spinster is and amazing romance perfect for Valentine's Day.
Paula
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maybelle is looking for love, marriage, and having babies. She wants it all and thinks she is running out of time because she is 36 years old. Loved her - she is so sassy, spunky, and very likeable. She has a tough decision to make between two men she is attracted to. Who will she choose? It kept me guessing until the end.
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
At home, Maybelle is known as a spinster, who can't get a date and has a standing table for one at a local restaurant. But at Frostville, she has two pretty incredible men vying for her attention.

I'm not usually into love triangles because there's so much unnecessary drama but this book wasn't like that. Of course, there is some drama because Maybelle has to choose *someone*. Usually in a love triangle, I root for someone to be the 'winner' but in this case I was just as undecided as Maybelle s
Tracy Sargeant
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun read about a mid 30's southern lady looking for love, and feeling frustratingly let down with her local options. Maybelle books herself into a singles retreat in a lovely mansion, and drags her brother along for the ride. She finds not just one, but two very different men looking for her attention, and feels torn between them both. Characters were like-able and it was an easy read.
Melissa Medell Hayford
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read Bell's story in the Frostville series. I love Bell, Maybelle! She is so much fun. I loved hearing about the time at the mansion from her point of view. Garreth and Michael are both great guys, but very different. I was actually surprised how this ended, but I loved it!
Erica
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Review to follow. ♥
------------------

Maybelle is tired of being alone. She craves love, marriage, kids...the whole package. Frustrated, she heads to Frostville, a mansion that claims to be haunted by Cupid and boasts successful love matches. Dragging her brother along for the ride, Maybelle quickly meets not one, but two, men with whom she feels a connection. As the week progresses, Maybelle begins to learn more about herself and what she truly wants
Leah Dynes
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quick, fun, and lighthearted read. Maybelle is a 36 yr old Southern Belle who is looking for love, but coming up short in her small town. She drags her brother Will to a mansion that boasts that Cupid haunts and helps people find love. The characters were super fun in this book, and it’s fun to see her learn about herself during her search for Love.
Becky Collins
Wendy
Feb 25, 2018
Helen
Mar 01, 2018
CASSIE MAE is the author of a few hundred—okay, maybe not that many—books, some of which became popular for their quirky titles, characters, and stories. She likes writing about nerds, geeks, the awkward, the fluffy, the short, the shy, the loud, the fun.

Since publishing her bestselling debut, Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend, she’s signed several Romance titles with Random House Loveswept,

Frostville (2 books)
  • The Princess and the Pizza Man (Frostville, #1)