Start by marking “In the French Kitchen with Kids: Easy, Everyday Dishes for the Whole Family to Make and Enjoy” as Want to Read:

Shortlisted for the 2019 Taste Canada Awards! From the writer and recipe developer behind eat. live. travel. write comes a new cookbook for parents, children and Francophiles of all ages. Forget the fuss and bring simple, delicious French dishes to your home kitchen with Mardi Michels as your guide.

Twice a week during the school year, you'll find Mardi Mi
Published July 31st 2018 by Appetite by Random House

To ask other readers questions about In the French Kitchen with Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the French Kitchen with Kids

Start your review of In the French Kitchen with Kids: Easy, Everyday Dishes for the Whole Family to Make and Enjoy
Krista
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a wonderful day in the kitchen with my best friend and her daughter, who is nine, making recipes from this book. Both the simple macarons and the cheesy pasta bake were easy to make and really delicious. The recipes were kid-friendly and it was a great way to have an interactive day together where we were all learning a few new things. I think the food tasted even better because we'd worked together to make it!
Shipshapeeatworthy
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prior to receiving Mardi Michels' book In the French Kitchen with Kids from the publisher I couldn't think of anything less daunting than French cuisine. Maybe it's because the final results look so complex and elegant (hello croissants I'm look at you!) that I never believed I could master those recipes let alone teach my (or anyone's kid) to cook French recipes. Embarrassingly I do own cookbooks that are dedicated to French cooking and baking that I've never cooked from so what is it about Mar ...more
Richard
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tonight I made Pork Chops with Apples from the great cookbook "in the french kitchen with kids" by Mardi Michels, author of the blog, 'eat, live, write'. The recipes are easy to follow and the cookbook is filled with luscious photographs. You don't need to be a kid to try this book, but if you have kids it would be fun to cook with them. Bon Appetit!
M
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. It had recipes for every meal, and I especially liked the Special Occasions section.
Ann Mah
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cooking French food with kids might sound like a recipe for disaster. But with veteran kids cooking teacher Mardi Michels as a guide, your tiny chefs will soon be whipping up everything from poulet rôti to profiteroles! With a clear, concise, and friendly directions – filled with practical advice, and luscious photos – In the French Kitchen with Kids makes French cuisine easy and accessible for all ages.
Jacqueline
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, food, france
It is always a treat when reviewing a cookbook to receive a real, paper copy in the post; I’m convinced the whole cookbook experience is improved by flicking through the pages, reading an ingredient list here, looking at photos there and then selecting something you know you need to try out. I spent many a happy moment with my morning coffee, this cookbook and my notebook close to hand.

My first thoughts were how straightforward the methods were, with clear and concise instructions, which is per
Katie Johnson
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is nothing short of awesome. My 12yo (boy) picked it up and read it cover to cover, bookmarking what he wanted to cook. In the last 24 hours he has turned out the no-knead bread (delicious) and the Berry Galette (super duper yummy). The easy-to-follow recipes are challenging enough, but not overly so. The results are outstanding and really help kids build kitchen confidence! In my opinion, this is the best 'kids' cookbook I have ever come across. Recommend for adults too! Yum!
Tiffany
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My 7yo and I are loving this book. In the past two days we’ve made the macarons, croissants and pains au chocolat and as someone who bakes quite often I’m impressed by the quality and ease of these recipes. Highly recommend!

*** edited to add we also made the celery root salad and I mean, who doesn’t want their kid to ask for celery root for lunch?
Trish
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great french cookbook for kids and adults.
Judy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
Not sure exactly how 'kid-friendly' this is (maybe older kids), but I love a lot of the recipes myself.
Dux l My week is Booked
I got this excited to cook with my toddlers, but this wasn't their level at all. I might pick this up again when my kids are maybe 8 and above.
Alice Rachel

• Lovely War
  • Night Roads
  • The Old Capital
  • Het fantoom van Alexander Wolf
Mardi is a full-time French teacher to elementary school-aged boys and the author of eat. live. travel. write – a blog focusing on culinary adventures near and far.

She was born in Adelaide, Australia and has lived and worked as a teacher in Australia, Hong Kong, England, France and now calls Toronto home, having followed Mr Neil back home after they met in Morocco in 1999. They are proud parents t

News & Interviews