Start by marking “Surrender (Harris Brothers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Surrender (Harris Brothers, #4)

Surrender

(Harris Brothers #4)

One night of complete surrender is all it takes.

Gareth Harris is Manchester United’s reclusive captain and star defender. He has control over all aspects of his life. But a lifetime of supporting his siblings and filling in for an emotionally absent father has taken its toll.

Sloan Montgomery is a clothing stylist whose world was turned upside down when she found herself
Audible Audio, Unabridged , 9 pages
Published July 19th 2018 by Amy Daws, LLC (first published July 6th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender

Start your review of Surrender (Harris Brothers, #4)
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Amy Daws Fans, Romance
4.5 Recognizing and Giving Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free-YOU ARE SO LUCKY, It's FREE!!!
I have a confession to make. Amy Daws was an almost new to me author. I discovered her when she released Wait With Me. I fell hard for her writing so when I had the opportunity to read something new from her, I jumped on board. This means I haven't read any of the other Harris Brother books as I hang my head in shame. But what this also means, anyone would be able to enjoy this duet.

I was taken right away int
Melanie (mells_view)
“You gave me control, so I’m taking it.”

Amy Daws just SLAYED me with Gareth’s book. I’m not sure what exactly is in the coffee they serve at Tires Tires Tires, but I do know that it makes this author write some seriously steamy/emotional/angsty goodness.

Gareth has been a mystery to me since I first read Challenge what seems like forever ago. He was just this moody broody guy, that I NEEDED to know more about. Well Surrender does not disappoint in that department. Getting his point of view on his
Amy Daws
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe release day has finally come for this book. I struggled deeply while writing this book and I feared that I bit off more than I can chew. "This story is too big for you." "You're not a good enough writer to do this justice." "This is all too much."

But I pushed through. I leaned on my support beams and I soldiered on...

And I don't know if I've ever been more proud of myself. This book isn't just another Harris Brother. This is THEE Harris Brother. The Harris Brother that encompass
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shit, Holy Shit, Holy Shit!

Those two words are the words that I keep repeating after finishing off this freaking book. I’ve been sitting here in a daze repeating them because WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED. Seriously, talk about a damn cliffhanger, this one had me on the end of my seat pulling at my damn hair!!

*sighs*

Ok I need to chill the hell out already BUT Gareth..

Gahhh, ok..

So, my review..

Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Any time I see Amy Daws has a new release I know
Escape into a Booksite
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Holy moly wow! If I could rate this book more than 5 stars I would. What a ride!

I sped through this book the first day I got it and I CANNOT WAIT for book number 2! I never really thought too much about Gareth before it was announced that he was getting his own book. Partially because I have yet to read the London Lovers series, so I haven't read Vi's book (shame on me, I know!), and also partly because he's a much more serio
Syndi
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow this is interesing. This is a story of a woman who desperately wanting to feel alive. Not a burn out single mother. She wants to feel confidence in her. That woman's name is Sloan.

Garret is the hero who surrender all of his control to her. In the bedroom and outside the bedroom. He is a man who is traumatized by his mother dead. Both met and thr chemistry exploded.

This is not BDSM story. It is more about sexual freedom and exploration. It is a very refreshing to listen to such a story.

4 s
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “Freedom” “Trecale” “not just one thing” Kisses

Gahhhhhhhhhhhh…I just knew Surrender was going to do some amazing things to me and I REALLY love it when I’m right! I have been dying to get my hot little hands on Gareth Harris from the get go…it’s impossible not to want to crawl around in his delicious brain but W-O-W! I had no idea…it was way more than I ever expected, and I mean that in the best ways possible. I truly loved every second of his and Sloan’s
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Gareth Harris is finally there!! I’ve waited for so long for my fav’ Harris brother to have his own book. You have no idea how I had high expectations about it.
I was not disappointed the least to know it would be a duet. On the contrary. I prefer an author who’s taking her/his time and writes longer books. I know Gareth’s story would be intense so to get the bigger picture I knew I would need some patience.

From the start Amy put a big twist I didn’t see coming and I swear not a soul would have
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Audiobook Review

Let me start off with my favorite technical aspects of this audiobook. There are 3 narrators- 2 female and 1 male. This is a first for me. We have the hero (british accent), the heroine (american accent) and the 3rd narrator is for other british female voices. Also a first for me is that the male narrator does ALL the male voices and the females do the female voices. You would think this would be a given but actually every other audiobook I've listened to will have the male n
Andi Isack
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! You have to read this! This is a freaking excited kinky sport romance. And that's not all. It's not just the steamy vibe. It all about the effect of these hot /forbidden game. This book is going to turn you on, body, mind and soul. Like a hot storm of emotions, sensations and feelings. Now the characters complete one other. But it goes above the ovious attraction. What I liked so so much is his ability to give her all of himself. Sloan will own his mind and his body. You'll say it's like sh ...more
Michelle
Yes Yes Yes !!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book was brilliant. I couldn't put it down once I started it. I 've been looking forward to Gareth's book. He is so different to his other brothers so I was dying to know more about him. The Harris brothers have taken over my life the last few weeks and I luv it. This family are so great I luv them all. But Gareth is so much more he has been through some hard times which they all have but being the oldest Gareth has been through it all. And he has carried that with him si
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
description

OMG! This book... This book was INCREDIBLE! Amy Daws writes the best sports romance around and Surrender was my favorite book in the Harris Brothers Series.

description

First, Holy Shit, I have a massive book hangover! Amy Daws has done it for sure - she has completely outdone herself with Surrender, book four in the Harris Brothers series! And let’s be perfectly clear, this wasn’t a book in the series, it’s the book! I love everything Amy Daws writes, but I am not going to lie, this book is hands down my F
Lisa Mandina
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, and don't hit me for saying this, I wasn't sure if I really cared about Gareth. I mean, from all the other books in the series he is such a grumpy ass that I never really liked him that much. To steal from another author's book (Jay Crownover's Rome), I'd have called him Captain No-Fun. However, I was still interested in reading his story, and finding out just why he was the way he was.

Well, let me tell you, Gareth is a different kind of guy than his brothers! But in this story, I gr
Leila
3.5 Treacle stars!

Why do I do this to myself?!? I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've read this book and I'm finally sitting down to write a review and I can barely remember the finer points of this story. So I'll just leave with a few thoughts.

I was anticipating Gareth & Sloan's story as it has been hinted at throughout this series. I loved Gareth and his commitment to his younger siblings. He had to become the parent to his four younger siblings after his mother passed away and h
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
This is book has rendered me speechless. I LOVE Gareth and Sloan so HARD and we were warned that it was going to be a helluva cliffhanger (duh - DUET!) but I still was not ready for it. Even when I sort of saw it coming (because like the talented author that she is, Amy Daws dropped the most subtle foreshadowing in there for us), I was still FLABBERGASTED by the ending. Surrender is wholly unique (I fully stand behind this absolute statement because it is true for me as a reader) and utterly unp ...more
Jeannine
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eek that ending! I’m so glad I waited so I can dive right into the next one. I’ll add more later but oooommmmggggg!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 5 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 48 Nov 24 – 30 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image

ARC received for an honest review

I have been impatiently waiting for the day Gareth Harris part 1 would turn up on my kindle, however now that it has, I don't want it to be here, as it is the beginning of the end of the Harris Brother series, and I don't want it to end, ever!

Gareth has been a bit of an enigma throughout the series, kind of waiting in the background for his time - and his time has come!

If you have read the previous Harris Brothers books, you know a bit about Gareth, and you h
Nicole P
Since the first book in the Harris Brothers series I've been desperate to know more about the reclusive, grouchy oldest brother Gareth. The little teaser in Endurance was enough to pique my interest about Gareth and his personal stylist, Sloan Montgomery. The book didn't go the way I anticipated it would, as it had elements of kink, that while not explicit, were just a weird route to take. Things got hot very fast between Sloane and Gareth, and even though it was an arrangement just based on sex ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
I mean this in the best way but.... WHAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT?!?!

This book was everything I was hoping for with Gareth's book. He's been built up in my mind with the previous Harris Brother books, and Amy Daws did not disappoint with this first part of his duet. But not only did I not see that ending coming, I still don't even know if I can process what happened until I get Dominate.

Sloan and Gareth were romance novel perfection. I loved reading about their relationship as it evolved, and e
Jaime
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I understand why it took time to cultivate Gareth’s story. This book is Amy Daws’ finest work for the Harris Brothers. Gareth has remained somewhat of an illusion in the previous books. He’s present but nothing much about him divulged.

Harris plays for Man U, that in itself leads to lack of privacy on the field. Off the field, fans think they have the right to that access. Gareth is always to compared to and by his family. It’s hard growing up always being compared to your father.

Sloan is a
Raine
Gareth and Sloan Part 1

This is a two part book that tells the story of the eldest Harris sibling and Sloan. When Gareth first meets Sloan she it's married with a daughter. Gareth becomes one of Sloan's clients and they start to become friends while still hiding secrets about their personal lives. It isn't until Sloan is going through her divorce that her relationship with Gareth changes, and even then it is stalled for another year.

It was a little slow going at first to lay the groundwork for t
Brandi
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure if Amy Daws can top herself after this one.

I've been waiting for Gareth for a long, long time. And as much as I know I have one more book to really get the full Gareth affect, I cannot help but feel blown away by this book.

Gareth is the mysterious older brother to Tanner, Cam, Booker, and Vi. You just don't know anything about him and it's finally time to break the Gareth mystery.

Sloane is the perfect heroine. The dynamic. The push and the pull. The attraction. Wow. Just. Wow.
Pam Nelson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I have been waiting for so long for Gareth’s HEA, I wanted to love this book so hard. I liked the concept but I didn’t like all the secrets. It was so I don’t know anti climatic I guess.
He likes her to be in charge that I was fine with. I guess I just wanted something more from Sloan maybe it will come in the next book.

I love the narration.
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***narniaandbeyond***
I’ve just spent the most deliciously decadent Sunday with Gareth Harris & holy hell, do I need a cold shower, a lie down & moment to basque in the feels & emotions this story has pulled from me.

Seriously, in my humble opinion, Amy has left the best till last. OMG she has pulled some frickin magic out of the bag with Gareth’s story, taking it places I didn’t see coming, in the most mouth watering, yet moving ways.

Gareth, oh how this man ruined me. I physically hurt for him, for the child he was &
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

I found him ladies and gentleman. My favorite Harris brother. It wasn't an easy choice but oh my goodness Gareth is the clear winner. This book has an interesting twist. Gareth's story has so many sides and so much to be told that it's literally broken into 2 full length novels. Surrender is the first part of his story and boy was it a doozy. Hard to read in so many places I literally found myself setting the book down so I could have a good cry. Don't let that stop you.
Jazmyne- Ramblings of a Bookworm
"How do you know he's a wanker?"
Gareth runs his thumb across my lower lip. "Because he didn't see you the way I see you."
My mouth falls open as tears prick the back of my eyes. "How do you see me?" I ask, my voice thick with fear.
He sighs heavily like he's been sitting on his answer for ages. "Like a fucking lioness. And any rightful king would be a fool not to bow to his queen."

Oh. My. Gosh. Gareth!
Gareth, being the eldest of the Harris brothers, was a difficult man to decipher throughout the
Heather
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG....OMG....omgomgomgomgomg!!!!

I wasn't prepared for the avalanche of feelings Ms. Daws heaped on me in Surrender. This is by far the best book she has written. I am so in love with Gareth and Sloan. This book has turned me completely upside down and I loved every word.

I just can't deal....I NEED Dominate now.
Liber_Lady
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was AH-MAZING.. 😘😘 I had been waiting for GARETH Harris since Book 1.. I knew he was the guy worth knowing.. And BOY, WAS THAT SO WORTH IT..

Gareth Harris has childhood issues. He was the one who was right there holding his mom's hands while she died of cancer. He was always there taking care of his mom, his younger brothers and sisters and keeping everything together. All this has highly affected his life and shaped his world. He is the one that everyone goes to when they have proble
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Yes, this book is amazing!

Yes, you will fall in love with Gareth and Sloan!

Yes, Amy outdid herself!

Yes, you will be wanting book 2 immediately!

This is book 1 of a duet and does end on a cliffhanger that I didn't see coming. I love when books surprise me like that!

It is hard to write a review without giving much away!

Gareth is a mysterious character who has many layers. He is the support system for his family and we have seen him play that role throughout most of his brothers

• The Trade
  • The Change Up
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • By a Thread
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • The Lineup
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • Focused
  • Roman (Raleigh Raptors Book 2)
  • The Dugout
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
Amy Daws is an Amazon Top 15 bestselling author of sexy, contemporary romance novels. She enjoys writing love stories that take place in America, as well as across the pond in England; especially those footy-playing Harris Brothers of hers. When Amy is not writing in a tire shop waiting room, she’s watching Gilmore Girls, or singing karaoke with her daughter while Daddy smiles awkwardly from a dis ...more

Harris Brothers (6 books)
  • Challenge (Harris Brothers, #1)
  • Endurance (Harris Brothers, #2)
  • Keeper (Harris Brothers, #3)
  • Dominate (Harris Brothers, #5)
  • Payback (Harris Brothers #6)