Start by marking “Bentley (Vested Interest #1)” as Want to Read:
Bentley (Vested Interest #1)

Bentley (Vested Interest #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  420 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
Three young men meet in university and form a lifelong friendship.

Their pasts dictate the men they are, but their present shapes their future.

What happens when these men meet the one person they are destined to be with? Can they fight their feelings and walk away? Or will they each succumb and learn the sweet agony of love?

Bentley

The leader of the group. He is uptight,
ebook
Published February 8th 2018 by Moreland Books Inc

To ask other readers questions about Bentley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bentley

♡Tonya♡
IT'S LIVE!!!!

I definitely found another book boyfriend. So very refreshing to read a book with an engaging storyline as well as a sweet romance. If this book is any indication, this is going to be an amazing series.

HERO~ To the world, Bentley was rigid, stern and all business. Very proper due to his upbringing. To his best friends Aiden and Maddox, he was a brother. But to Emmy, he was sweet, kind, protective, and loving. He was focussed on making his business a success and didn't take time for
Alex ♈
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe, strong-heroine

Safe!
Very likable heroine
-> NOT a virgin! She even was in relationship (plural!!!) in the past! *lol*
Very sweet.
The hero was ok, apart from his drama-queen tantrums.

The drama/action was a bit anticlimactic, the sex was not *lol*

See, dear authors, it's still possible to write a book with a hero, who didn't stick his d*ck in enormous amount of OWs!

Looking forward to Maddox's book. Slightly older heroine, mature hero - Alex's all in ;-)

Natalie The Biblioholic
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so sweetly romantic, but then again, what else did I expect from the author who gave us It Started with a Kiss? While there was a suspenseful undertone to this story, it was really about Bentley and Emmy finding themselves, finding each other, learning to lean on someone, and letting go.

Bentley was super proper. There’s a reason Emmy calls him ‘rigid’. But with her, he can be himself. His circle’s tight and in next to no time, it gets bigger with the addition of Emmy and her best
Hanne
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Every time Melanie Moreland announces a new book, I get super excited and the count down until release day can begin. I’m a huge fan of the author. I just absolutely love her books and it wasn’t any different with Bentley. It was beautiful, romantic and a little suspenseful.

I thought I could read one chapter before going to sleep. I should have known that wouldn’t happen. One chapter was all I needed to be hooked on this book. One unexpected meeting that will change the lives of two people, was
Nicola
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melanie Moreland isn’t a new author to me and I’ve had as many successful reads from her as I’ve had less so. But if Bentley is anything to go by, her Vested Interest series and I are going to get along just fine.

description Maybe what he needed wasn’t glitz and glamour, but someone to make him happy.”

Successful and wealthy, Bentley Ridge has a presence befitting his billionaire status when he walks into a room, or as is the case when he first meets Emmy, falls. He has a more vulnerable side, protecting
Leonor
3.5 stars.
it was safe. I'm just too lazy to write a review.
Cyndi
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, but it wasn't as good as I expected. I really like this author! She is a great writer and I love how well you get to know her characters. I liked Emmy and Bentley, but I didn't feel wowed by the story. Also, Bentley threw a couple tantrums that I could have done without! I will probably read the next one!
✰ D r i ✰
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 2.5 stars!!! ★

Infelizmente esse livro não funcionou pra mim...

A história começou boa e eu gostei da forma como os personagens principais se encontraram pela primeira vez. Entretanto, conforme a trama foi prosseguindo eu fui perdendo cada vez mais o interesse.

Achei a narrativa previsível e repetitiva com mais um casal insta-love, que não me convenceu em nada. E o mistério-suspense/motivo-conclusão foi totalmente bleh.
Leitura bem “okay” sem nada de especial ou supreendente.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

Bentley was a dream come true.

I was immediately intrigued by the blurb, and so incredibly satisfied with the end result, that reading this novel was pure joy. The author delivered a well rounded, and perfectly balanced novel that was hard to put down. I actually read it in two sittings, I started to read before bed and finished in the morning.

With Bentley the author wrote a character that was gentle, protective, and distinctively different from her other heroes. He had flaws that didn't
Kate's Corner

Winston Bentley Ridge the III also just known as Bentley is stiff, rigid and formal, having a specific upbringing hasn’t particularly helped. He is rich comes across as entitled and has only two friends who he considers to be family. (They will get books as well) but beneath all of it he is a lost man with a heart of gold that never comes to light until one chance encounter at Al’s coffee shop.

„Hi, stranger, sitting at my table. I’m Emmy”

They get off to a hilarious start.

Emmy is somewhat of a l
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book... and now I want the other men's books like NOW http://amzn.to/2G87iMn

Bentley is everything I want in book 1 of a new series and then some.

The banter between Bentley and Aiden and then Bentley, Aiden and Maddox is epic! Bro-mance and then some. Just wait til you read the shopping scene and what leads up to it. These men who bonded in college are an amazing example of the power of friendship.

Oh wait I should probably talk about the romance too lol….. Bentley opening himself up
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
4.5 swoony stars

Sometimes I’m having a day where things get a bit complicated… You know, kids misbehaving, cats throwing up over your fav suede boots, hubby late from work… You get me, right? And after a day like that all I want is to chill and read a book (preferably with a glass of Riesling). But nothing angst-y or heartbreaking, just a sweet, swoony story. And that’s exactly what Bentley is for me. I love Bentley and Emmy, they are adorable together.
“I thought of his words earlier. “You make
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bentley is the first book in the BAM series—he’s formal, uptight and not as cold as I thought. He took me by surprise in the sense of personality. I knew with Bentley we’d be getting a hero who was serious but he was so different than what I expected. For one he wasn’t the typical asshole suit that we always read about. Instead, he was kind, thoughtful, and surprisingly vulnerable—it was what made me love him so much to begin with.

Then we have Emmy—a feisty woman that could make the Grince smil
Tianna✸loves books✸
Sweet & Safe Book.
Nothing to complain about.
Bentley was a great guy.❤

description
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Should I apologize?”
“No.”
“Good. Because I’m not sorry.”

BAM! And just like that, I’m in love. With Bentley. With Emmy. With Cami and Dee, and Aiden and Maddox. And always, always with Melanie Moreland’s words.

Bentley, the first book in Ms. Moreland’s Vested Interest series, is ah-mazing, you guys. It’s smart and completely charming, suspenseful and totally engaging. It’s fun, but it’s also sweet. It’s hot, but it’s also heart-racing.

Basically, it’s all the things.

Which, really, I have come to
M M
I liked it. Little slow in places, but definitely a great read.
Darlene Avery
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bentley by Melanie Moreland is absolutely outstanding! Moreland not only turns up the heat, but also the feels.

Emmy is a young woman who works so hard to make more of her future than she's ever had in the past.

Bentley is living his life in his rigid bubble. He sees things in a very proper and straightforward manner.

When the two meet, it's like an explosion on both sides.

I love that Moreland throws twist into this storyline that her reader will never see coming.

This is definitely one of my all ti
Alyssa
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star, contemporary, 2018
2ish stars

I'm struggling with this review, but I think I'm going to stay in the minority and stick with my 2ish star rating. (I've also had quite the run of disappointing reads & feel like I'm in the ranty portion of my reviews)

I want to back this up with that when The Contract came out, I absolutely adored this book (5 star rating from me). I've tried another book or two of hers since and haven't really connected with any. This is the same here. But based on the book blurb I was really exci
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Someone smack me. Why, oh why did I wait so long to read the words of Melanie Moreland? Seriously. I am in love with Bentley, the first book it what’s going to be an amazing Vested Interest series.

I adored Bentley from the start. Loved his formal persona. Loved that he had no cares about who and what he was and how he got there. Loved his drive, his motivation. But along with his drive and motivation is a long-lasting friendship with Maddox and Aiden. His partners in business and best friends in
Alina Thomas
That feeling you get when you know that there are still good books out there and all is not lost 😌
This book was absolutely a pleasure to read.
After reading some crummy ones it's nice to read one where I was in love with the hero and heroine individually and together as a couple.
The hero is NOT a manhoe
The heroine is strong and resilient💪♀
He did have a bit of a temper but the way she handled herself was amazing. She did not take any of his shit, not that there was much.

I am excited for Aiden's bo
Isha Coleman
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A Melanie Moreland tale is like walking into a storm. The clouds are abundant, the precipitation is rampant and the end result leaves it's mark. Bentley is the beginning of what looks to be a bumpy ride but an ever greater payoff. Moreland is an expert at complicated men. Bentley is a prime example of that. Always in control whether business or pleasure. Yet when he has to face desires of the heart, he proves that he has staying power there as well. Emmy has the power to bring the beast out in h ...more
Diane'sBookReflections
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-read
BENTLEY from NYT/USA Today Best Selling author Melanie Moreland is now LIVE!

An advanced reader copy was graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

5 wonderful, sexy and sweet Stars!
*****

I have been a fan of Melanie Moreland for several years now, and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the first book in her new series, Vested Interest, and now that I have, I find I can’t put it down, I can’t let these characters go. This book had me hooked by Page 4 with our main characters
Jessica Lezama a
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I must admit when I start a new book sometimes I struggle to get into it, even when I have read the author, and Bentley was the first I read by Melanie and something magical happened that I “clicked” with the characters right away! Both of them! That’s how you know it will be a great book! And then you confirm it because you can’t put the book down!

Bentley is a businessman, he lives for his job always thinking about the next time. He is formal, ordered, serious, but also He is a lonely man, his
Tania Jabbour Varela
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melanie Moreland is a new Author to me. Bentley was reccomended by a friend and it didn't disappoint.

Bentley is what some may call your stuck up suit kind of guy. He's rigid and formal. His life is all about his company and his two friends Aiden and Maddox who are also his business partners. That is until he literally stumbles across Emmy.
Emmy is carefree and says what she wants to when she wants, she kind of has no filter when she gets nervous and Bentley finds it refreshing. Each character in
Gem
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this one ever since Melanie said it was on the cards. I received the ARC copy one evening and a couple of hours later I was already done. I could not put it down. What a great read!

Where to start? I love Bentley. I love his charm, his attitude and temper, how he develops as a character, his relationships with his friends and of course his relationship with Emmy.

Bentley and Emmy are made for each other. He is Mr Serious, always follows his routine and doesn’t have time fo
Pali
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cheesy-romance
review to come
Carrie Elks
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bentley is everything I look for in a book. It had a great romantic storyline, a fantastic plot, and characters that had me rooting for them. It's no surprise that this is a Melanie Moreland book - she always delivers a great read, and Bentley is no different. I loved it from start to finish, and am eagerly awaiting book 2 and 3 in the Vested Interest series. I can't wait to read them!
Becca
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for the rest of this series! Bentley was alpha fabulous in all the right ways! Full review to come.
Karen- My Own Bookshelves
This story made me fall in love with romance genre all over again. It's something about a well crafted story that complete immerses and surprises you with every turn. And Ms. Moreland delivers again with humor, tension and heart gasps - you know those swoon moments with every chapter.

This story begins as you would expect. Bentley is driven. In his drive, you see a man who sees the world as his oyster and is willing to make a pearl from hard work. He's focused. Then Emmy steps in and he can't av
The Book Bee
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 3.5-4 STARS
"I need you, Emmy. I need you to anchor me. Bring me back to you. To us."

I AM REALLY EXCITED! This was a GREAT introduction for me, both in a new author and a new series to follow. I had a very dear friend, Karen from My Own Bookshelves, recommend this author to me and I am grateful to her for introducing me to Melanie's writing. Her writing, for me, was very easy to follow. I really liked the way she kept me turning the pages and how she kept me actually quite interested in
New York Times/USA Today bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ontario with her beloved husband of twenty-seven-plus years and their rescue cat, Amber. Nothing means more to her than her friends and family, and she cherishes every moment spent with them.
While seriously addicted to coffee, and highly challenged with all things computer-related and t
More about Melanie Moreland...

Vested Interest (3 books)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest #2)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Never Marry a Viscount (Scandal at the House of Russell, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Secrets (The Sinclairs #6)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Extreme Measures (Aegis Security, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)