Start by marking “Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)

Bentley

(Vested Interest #1)

USA Today Bestselling Series

Three young men meet in university and form a lifelong friendship.

Their pasts dictate the men they are, but their present shapes their future.

What happens when these men meet the one person they are destined to be with? Can they fight their feelings and walk away? Or will they each succumb and learn the sweet agony of love?

Bentley

The leade
ebook, 1st Edition, 266 pages
Published February 8th 2018 by Moreland Books Inc (first published February 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Bentley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bentley

Start your review of Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Bentley is book one in the Vested Interest series by Melanie Moreland. I have read two later books in this series, Van and Halton. I loved them so much that I had to go back and start at the beginning.

Bentley Ridge is thirty two years old, lives in Toronto and along with his two best friends, owns his own property development business called BAM. Looking from the outside in, it would seem that Bentley has everything, wealth, a successful business, a beautiful home. But when his day is over, he
♡Tonya♡
IT'S LIVE!!!!

I definitely found another book boyfriend. So very refreshing to read a book with an engaging storyline as well as a sweet romance. If this book is any indication, this is going to be an amazing series.

HERO~ To the world, Bentley was rigid, stern and all business. Very proper due to his upbringing. To his best friends Aiden and Maddox, he was a brother. But to Emmy, he was sweet, kind, protective, and loving. He was focussed on making his business a success and didn't take time for
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This book was so sweetly romantic, but then again, what else did I expect from the author who gave us It Started with a Kiss? While there was a suspenseful undertone to this story, it was really about Bentley and Emmy finding themselves, finding each other, learning to lean on someone, and letting go.

Bentley was super proper. There’s a reason Emmy calls him ‘rigid’. But with her, he can be himself. His circle’s tight and in next to no time, it gets bigger with the addition of Emmy and her best
Kat Valentine
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great sexy read with amazing characters with a little suspense mixed in. I loved the interaction between Emmy and bentley,both were very likeable and interesting and their were some really great humorous moments between these two. THE secondary characters like Aiden and Maddox were great and I loved both dee and cami best friends like these ladies are keepers. The storyline was good and I Also liked the steady pace of this read. Can't wait to read more about both aiden's and Maddox's ...more
Alex ♈
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strong-heroine, safe

Safe!
Very likable heroine
-> NOT a virgin! She even was in relationship (plural!!!) in the past! *lol*
Very sweet.
The hero was ok, apart from his drama-queen tantrums.

The drama/action was a bit anticlimactic, the sex was not *lol*

See, dear authors, it's still possible to write a book with a hero, who didn't stick his d*ck in enormous amount of OWs!

Looking forward to Maddox's book. Slightly older heroine, mature hero - Alex's all in ;-)

Nicola
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melanie Moreland isn’t a new author to me and I’ve had as many successful reads from her as I’ve had less so. But if Bentley is anything to go by, her Vested Interest series and I are going to get along just fine.

description Maybe what he needed wasn’t glitz and glamour, but someone to make him happy.”

Successful and wealthy, Bentley Ridge has a presence befitting his billionaire status when he walks into a room, or as is the case when he first meets Emmy, falls. He has a more vulnerable side, protecti
Hanne
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Every time Melanie Moreland announces a new book, I get super excited and the count down until release day can begin. I’m a huge fan of the author. I just absolutely love her books and it wasn’t any different with Bentley. It was beautiful, romantic and a little suspenseful.

I thought I could read one chapter before going to sleep. I should have known that wouldn’t happen. One chapter was all I needed to be hooked on this book. One unexpected meeting that will change the lives of two people, was
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

My name isn’t Emmy… Winifred Windfall. That means, really, I’m Freddy Money.

“Does he go with you everywhere?” I nodded, winking covertly at her. “He’s like a fungus I can’t get rid of.”

We headed toward the counter, and I made a beeline for an older woman, thinking she’d be the safest bet. Except when she looked up, her frank appraisal made me hesitate. When she licked her lips, I felt Maddox’s yank on my arm. “Abort, abort,” he hissed. “Cougar.” Like a well-oiled machine, we veer
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

3.5 Stars

I was told by my friend Kate that I should probably read this one before I dive into my ARC of Aiden, and since I ALWAYS listen to what Kate says (lol), I decided today would be its lucky day. It was cute. There was nothing earthshattering here as it was a pretty predictable read. Very insta-love. Very easy peasy in the relationship department. No OW or OM drama. Neither were virgins. The hero's best friends conveniently hook up with the heroines best friends. The baddie was blatantly
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 She’s My Entire World Stars!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bentley Ridge is a gorgeous, single 32 yr. old wealthy businessman living in Toronto. He owns his own company BAM Corporation with his two best friends from college Aiden & Maddox. They are his partners and he thinks of them as family. There is no one he trusts more. They run the finances & security for their company, while Bentley has taken on the leader role. They started with flipping houses, and then began investing in bigger properties.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lately things hav
Cyndi
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, but it wasn't as good as I expected. I really like this author! She is a great writer and I love how well you get to know her characters. I liked Emmy and Bentley, but I didn't feel wowed by the story. Also, Bentley threw a couple tantrums that I could have done without! I will probably read the next one!
Kate
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it

Winston Bentley Ridge the III also just known as Bentley is stiff, rigid and formal, having a specific upbringing hasn’t particularly helped. He is rich comes across as entitled and has only two friends who he considers to be family. (They will get books as well) but beneath all of it he is a lost man with a heart of gold that never comes to light until one chance encounter at Al’s coffee shop.

„Hi, stranger, sitting at my table. I’m Emmy”

They get off to a hilarious start.

Emmy is somewhat of a l
Rejane
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Snow
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This story was...lovely
I cant find a proper word for it, it was an okay read-romance drama with a touch of suspense but without the 'grave' seriousness of the described matter...
Well, it's a fiction after all, hero saves the damsel in distress in the end and gets the cake...*wink*
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book... and now I want the other men's books like NOW http://amzn.to/2G87iMn

Bentley is everything I want in book 1 of a new series and then some.

The banter between Bentley and Aiden and then Bentley, Aiden and Maddox is epic! Bro-mance and then some. Just wait til you read the shopping scene and what leads up to it. These men who bonded in college are an amazing example of the power of friendship.

Oh wait I should probably talk about the romance too lol….. Bentley opening himself up
Syndi
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Maddox story first then Bentely. I have to say i like Bentley better. That is because of Emmy. She is a sassy flirty woman. The dialog between her and Bentely is very engaging and managed to coax a smile on my face.

There is a little angst. Even with Emmy kidnapping drama. I wish Bentley dwaling with his anger can be executed better. I feel like he is a spoil child when he is angry.

Aside from that, i still e joy this book very much.

4 stars
Tianna✸loves books✸
Sweet & Safe Book.
Nothing to complain about.
Bentley was a great guy.❤️

description
CC
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
It was safe and pretty sweet. Unfortunately it was a bit too sedate for me. But I liked Bentley. I wish he was a little more alpha.
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrator – Maxine Mitchell and John Lane

Great narration of these characters! While both of these narrators did a wonderful job, I must confess I was more partial to Mr. Lane’s performance. Although I really think it was all due to the actual character he was portraying. Bentley is an exceptional hero and Mr. Lane brought him to life for me.

Wow! Why the heck have I delayed reading this book for so long? Bentley is freaking amazing and I’m kicking myself for not digging into this book s
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: double-pov, romance, arc
4.5 swoony stars

Sometimes I’m having a day where things get a bit complicated… You know, kids misbehaving, cats throwing up over your fav suede boots, hubby late from work… You get me, right? And after a day like that all I want is to chill and read a book (preferably with a glass of Riesling). But nothing angst-y or heartbreaking, just a sweet, swoony story. And that’s exactly what Bentley is for me. I love Bentley and Emmy, they are adorable together.
“I thought of his words earlier. “You ma
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bentley is the first book in the BAM series—he’s formal, uptight and not as cold as I thought. He took me by surprise in the sense of personality. I knew with Bentley we’d be getting a hero who was serious but he was so different than what I expected. For one he wasn’t the typical asshole suit that we always read about. Instead, he was kind, thoughtful, and surprisingly vulnerable—it was what made me love him so much to begin with.

Then we have Emmy—a feisty woman that could make the Grince smil
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Should I apologize?”
“No.”
“Good. Because I’m not sorry.”

BAM! And just like that, I’m in love. With Bentley. With Emmy. With Cami and Dee, and Aiden and Maddox. And always, always with Melanie Moreland’s words.

Bentley, the first book in Ms. Moreland’s Vested Interest series, is ah-mazing, you guys. It’s smart and completely charming, suspenseful and totally engaging. It’s fun, but it’s also sweet. It’s hot, but it’s also heart-racing.

Basically, it’s all the things.

Which, really, I have come to
Alaina
Bentley was swoon-worthy!

Bentley is the introduction book to the Vested Interest series. It was a pretty good audio that I randomly found on Hoopla - and I enjoyed it because it made my boring day at work a LOT better. However, that doesn't mean that I was totally and completely in love with the two main characters. This is mostly because they did do some stuff that annoyed the crap out of me.

In this book you will meet Bentley and his love interest Emmy. Now when they first met, I was laughing s
Valentine
It's so refreshing reading a book where the H is not a slut, the h has a brain and not just a vagina, the writing style doesn't annoying the hell out of me.
Ms. Moreland I just want to thank you for writing a story with a decent male character who don't want to make my puke.
Safe.
My Own Bookshelves
This story made me fall in love with romance genre all over again. It's something about a well crafted story that complete immerses and surprises you with every turn. And Ms. Moreland delivers again with humor, tension and heart gasps - you know those swoon moments with every chapter.

This story begins as you would expect. Bentley is driven. In his drive, you see a man who sees the world as his oyster and is willing to make a pearl from hard work. He's focused. Then Emmy steps in and he can't av
kookyquinn
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just adored these two. Bentley was so stuffy and Rigid while Emmy was so fun and sweet. They had such a fun contrast I loved watching them melt for each other.

This is a mild romantic suspense. The story focuses more on the romance and their relationship than the bad guys and so forth which is exactly how I prefer things.

Super steamy with just enough sex scenes to be hot but not get old or boring.

BAM's bromance is adorable and I cracked up several times ❤️

My only complaint is this is HFN but I
Anahita
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

I liked it and enjoy reading this but it wasn't what I expected. Little slow in places and predictable but definitely not boring. I'm looking forward to reading Aiden book. :)
Notorious Book Tease
I picked up this book on a whim. To be honest I was just looking for something to fill the time until a couple books released. Ms. Moreland, I apologize. I didn't know. Those books will be waiting because I am now committed to the Vested Interest series. Bentley is the first book in the series and obviously it stole my heart. Why? Because IT'S! FREAKING! AWESOME! Everything about it is awesome. From the first word until the last I was entranced. No kidding. I was sneaking into the bathroom at wo ...more
Darlene Avery
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bentley by Melanie Moreland is absolutely outstanding! Moreland not only turns up the heat, but also the feels.

Emmy is a young woman who works so hard to make more of her future than she's ever had in the past.

Bentley is living his life in his rigid bubble. He sees things in a very proper and straightforward manner.

When the two meet, it's like an explosion on both sides.

I love that Moreland throws twist into this storyline that her reader will never see coming.

This is definitely one of my all ti
United By Romance: Bentley 1 2 Sep 22, 2018 03:37PM

• Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • The Donor
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Inappropriate
  • Elijah Wolfe
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Boss (Manhattan Records #1)
  • The Master (Manhattan Records Book 3)
  • By a Thread
  • Unprofessional
  • Beautiful Danger - Vertrau mir nicht
  • Just One Night
  • Bad Boss (Irresistible #2)
  • The Dom (Manhattan Records Book 2)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Italian
NYT/WSJ International bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ontario with her beloved husband of twenty-seven-plus years and their rescue cat, Amber. Nothing means more to her than her friends and family, and she cherishes every moment spent with them.
While seriously addicted to coffee, and highly challenged with all things computer-related and tech

Vested Interest (7 books)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
  • Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
  • Van (Vested Interest, #5)
  • Halton (Vested Interest, #6)
  • Sandy (Vested Interest #7)