Start by marking “Hallowe'en Husbands: Marriage at Morrow Creek / Wedding at Warehaven / Master of Penlowen” as Want to Read:

(Morrow Creek #3.5)

Marriage at Morrow Creek by Lisa Plumley
The only thing Rose Tillson ever wanted was a life of travel beneath the Western stars--and to marry secret sweetheart Will Gavigan! All Rose needs is a small dose of Hallowe'en magic to make Will realize she's the girl of his dreams....

Wedding at Warehaven by Denise Lynn
When Brigit of Warehaven casts a simple spell to reveal her tr/>Wedding
Published October 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hallowe'en Husbands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hallowe'en Husbands

Start your review of Hallowe'en Husbands: Marriage at Morrow Creek / Wedding at Warehaven / Master of Penlowen
Sandra
Feb 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable book to read around Halloween! I liked the third story, by Christine Merrill, the most.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical romance short story fans
This was a very nice short story collection, with a Halloween theme. By far, my favorite story was Master of Penlowen, which was the last in this book. It was a delightfully gothic romance with a mysterious and somewhat tortured hero, and a sensible, likeable heroine. I loved the ghostly twist in this story, and that Ms. Merrill allows the passion to be expressed in a manner that made sense for a short historical story with a young respectable lady and hero of principles. This story encouraged m ...more
Lynn Spencer
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have plenty of Christmas anthologies, but Halloween anthologies are not nearly so common. This historical anthology features a pretty good variety of tones and settings. Some worked for me better than others, and overall I enjoyed reading.

Marriage at Morrow Creek - This Western by Lisa Plumley was probably my favorite. If you like your historicals sweet, light, and a touch humorous, you'll probably find this one endearing. Set in Arizona Territory, the heroine, Rose Tillson, is the daug/>
Christina (AKA Babbling)
I picked up this book primarily for the Christine Merrill short story. I read The Inconvenient Duchess and liked it. I had not read anything by the other two contributors, so this was an opportunity to discover new authors.

"Marriage at Morrow Creek" by Lisa Plumley (Western)
From the Back: The only thing Rose Tillson ever wanted was a life of travel beneath the Western stars - and to marry secret sweetheart Will Gavigan! All Rose needs is a small dose of Hallow'en magic to make
Kelley
Three good historical romances, each from a different time period and in different settings, but all with at least a touch of fantasy. I enjoyed all three, but I think my favorite was the story by Christine Merrill. I love dark and frightening tales and hers was the darkest of the three.
Harlequin Historical
Very fun read.

I hope HH has another Halloween anthology next year. I really enjoyed the glimpse into the holiday from the past. All three novellas held my interest and kept me turning the pages.
Theresa
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Three historical romance short stories centered on halloween. Not terrible but not all that great either.

Marriage at Morrow Manner by Lisa Plumley -- I like her romances, which are generally lighthearted, a bit quirky and humorous, relatively sweet. Rose has been in love forever with Will, the handsome young driver/man of work for her family's itinerant medicine show in the Old West. It's the week leading up to Halloween and Rose is determined to make a play for Will, who doesn't quite know wha
Janice
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I love the cover! I needed to look up the unusual spelling for Hallowe'en - and found that in the term "All Hallow's Eve" the apostrophe takes the place of "v." These 3 short stories are cute, "spirited," magical (and racy, which is not my cup of tea.)
Readitnweep
Kate
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: anthologies
Marriage at Morrow Creek: 2.5 stars. The characters are both kind of dense and didn't grab me at all. I didn't fall in love with the hero, and I couldn't see what he liked in the heroine. The author just told me that they loved each other instead of showing.

Wedding at Warehaven: 3 stars. This story suffered from a common complaint for short stories: the heroine suddenly forgiving the hero wasn't all that believable. It was handled better than some, but it wasn't extraordinary. I will
Gina
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd probably give 5 stars to the first two stories, and maybe 4 or 4.5 to the third one, but it was pretty great too. Very creative, that's for sure! These three stories were very different from each other, but each was just a bit (or in the last one, a lot!) spooky, and very romantic. I very much enjoyed them!
Becky
Dec 24, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
3 fun, cute stories about finding love and Halloween. I enjoyed all the stories. They are different enough from each other so if you read them back to back the stories don't blur together in your mind.
Kelley
Oct 20, 2008 rated it liked it
A set of three historical stories - Western, Medieval, and Regency, all set with Halloween, Magic, Ghosts, Spells and all other delicious activities of the season.
Nicole
Lisa Plumley : Marriage At Morrow Creek +
Denise Lynn : Wedding at Warehaven ++-
Christine Merrill: Master of Penlowen ++++
Angelie
in this 3 stories in one book, i only read the "wedding at warehaven by ms. denise lyn.
Kym
Jul 22, 2012
Brenda
Jan 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Very Private Grave (Monastery Murders, #1)
  • Tularosa (Kevin Kerney, #1)
  • High-Risk Affair
  • Elements of a Kill (Inupiat Eskimo Mystery #1)
  • Killer in the Cloister (Sister Francesca, #1)
  • Witchful Thinking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #4)
  • Justice Mission (True Blue K-9 Unit #1)
  • The Chili Queen
  • Walking On Air (Valance Family, #1)
  • Cold Turkey (Celebration Bay, #1.5)
  • Cold Snap
  • The Cottage on Pumpkin and Vine
  • The Clothing of Books
  • Combray (In Search of Lost Time, #1.1)
  • Real Men Love Cats
  • The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop
  • The Lost Cats and Lonely Hearts Club
  • Falling in Love All Over Again (The Sullivans Novella)
Best-selling author Lisa Plumley has delighted readers worldwide with more than three dozen popular novels. Her work has been translated multiple languages and editions, and includes contemporary romances, historical romances, paranormal romances, and a variety of stories in romance anthologies.

Her fresh, funny style has been likened to such reader favorites as Rachel Gibson, Susan Eli

Morrow Creek (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Matchmaker
  • The Scoundrel
  • The Rascal
  • Mail-Order Groom
  • Wanton in the West
  • The Bride Raffle
  • Weddings Under a Western Sky: The Hand-Me-Down Bride\The Bride Wore Britches\Something Borrowed, Something True
  • The Honor-Bound Gambler