Start by marking “Awaken Me” as Want to Read:
Awaken Me

Awaken Me

(Holmes Brothers #6)

As the baby of his family, Reid Holmes has happily played the role of the Charming, Irresponsible One. But as his 30th birthday approaches, Reid wonders whether he should be doing more with his life than working as a plumber for Holmes Construction. Now he has the chance to shed his carefree playboy image and go into business for himself, but is leaving his cousin’s constr ...more
Published January 24th 2018 by Wandering Road Press

To ask other readers questions about Awaken Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awaken Me

Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
None of the Holmes’ siblings take Reid very seriously, and he’s done nothing to try and change their minds about him. But when he wakes next to yet another beautiful woman who’s name he can’t remember, he realizes it’s time for a life change. And when he meets Holmes Construction newest employee, he realizes Brooklyn is someone worth changing for.

Brooklyn blames herself for the closing of her dad’s company, and now she’s going to work twice as hard for Holmes Construction to help pay for her dad
Deena
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
So Good!

Another good visit with the Holmes Family! This time, it's Reid's turn. He meets Brooklyn when she starts to work for Alex's growing construction company, and wants to dislike her, but her Black Girl Magic proves to be too much to resist. I love that Brooklyn was so different from our usual heroine; she was into comics and cosplay, a self-proclaimed nerd (or blerd, lol), with a unique vibe. Poor Reid didn't stand a chance. Speaking of Reid, while handsome and fine as hell (I mean, he is
Byron Washington
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Reading just to finish the series. OCD is a mutha*****!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not bad though.
Dj
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
As the baby of his family, Reid Holmes has happily played the role of the Charming, Irresponsible One. But as his 30th birthday approaches, Reid wonders whether he should be doing more with his life than working as a plumber for Holmes Construction (HC). Now he has the chance to shed his carefree playboy image and go into business for himself with an app that answers plumbing questions or sends certified plumber, but is leaving his cousin’s construction company a sign of growing up, or the ultim ...more
Kathy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favourite

These books just keep getting better. Reid and Brooklyn are my particular catnip. Nerd (Blerd!) Girl, gorgeous guy, each finding themselves by getting to know the other. Dreamy romance. I loved it. You could probably read this as a stand alone, but why deny yourself the pleasure of meeting all the Holmes family. I hate cliff hangers, and this definitely has some cliff hanger aspects, but the HEA is so satisfying that I didn't let that bother me. I've already one clicked the next!
Karen May
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Me Some Reid

Many thoughts have been running through my mind. Brooklyn's and Reid's self discovery and questioning whether the choices for their life's path is an all too familiar personal exercise. I fully appreciated their resolve. Excluding an anticipated immediate physical hookup kept the characters real and kept me definitely wondering when. Both Brooklyn's and Reid's difficulty accepting their truths promoted not putting the book down. Love me some Reid. I recommend Awaken Me as a Satu
Antionette
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sinfully good

Awaken Me struck so many cords of everyday life and relationships. Ms. Rochon tackled learning disabilities,business ventures, new budding love, and aging parents in this wonderful Holmes family novel. The attraction between Reid and Brooklyn was evident from the beginning trailer scene. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and their drive to dream big and strive to make them reality. It was infectious. I love every book in this series but this book is now my favorite. Five stars of
Patriciaw
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blerds (Black nerds) get the victory!

Farrah Rochon has done it again. This time, in Awaken Me, she writes a story to which most all kinda cute, average women can relate. Brooklyn, a black comic-loving nerd, meets Reid, the Holmes family charmer. Awaken Me proves girls like her do get hunks like him as readers like us get to delight in this story about finding love while facing one's fears and pursuing one's dreams.
Carolyn J.
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

This story was slow at times, but was a good read. I liked the couple together. The start of the story had me ready, but I was let down a little when the couple didn't play hide and seek until 80.5% into the story. Reid was compassionate and all, I was expecting a bit more romance between him and Brooklyn. Overall, the main story and the back story was nicely done. 4.5 Stars....
Selina Durio
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love those Holmes Men!

Readers just have to love these Holmes men! Reid, the baby cousin, has always played it safe in work, but reckless in life. When he nears an age milestone he realizes he needs a change. Into his life walks Brooklyn, a new manager for his cousins construction company. As they become close they realize how much they have in common and how they both need to take a chance on life.
Celeste
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reid and Brooklyn

Bravo Farrah. You really captured the emotional rollercoaster of Reid and Brooklyn's inner demons. Yet, allow the storyline to unfold were it was heartfelt to see them support each other's misgivings. Alex was a great supporting character because his compassionate side and ability to support others spoke volumes. The epilogue was sad and I look forward to what is to come for Willow. As she was the anchor for so long to Reid's happiness.
Margaret Wingfield
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent saga about growth , love and confidence of the two protagonists in an unusually supportive environment

I would recommend this to anyone who is considering a career change, who feels restricted by responsibilities or insecurities. The major obstacles they faced were self doubt.
Beverly Dummett
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reid and Brooklyn

Absolutely loved this installmentioned of the Holmes family. Reid finally really grows up and takes responsibility. His amazing "coming of age" was a great read. Bother he and Brooklyn had a lot of growing to do and resolving their issues. Look forward to Harrison and Willow being successful in resolving their problems.
poppy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Farrah is a new author to me and I really liked her book it was well written and had good characters that you cannot help but like. This is Reid and Brooklyn's story while he does not want to be attracted to her he cannot help but like her and they were cute together I just loved how nerdy she was.I enjoyed it but wish I had read the previous books first
Cheri Harraway
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
A great love story

This story was great. It grabbed me from the beginning and kept me captive for the entire story. I was very enthralled with Reid and Brooklyn 's story. Great writing. I felt like I was there.
Felicia Irving-cruickshank
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart warming

I loved the storyline and the real ness of black love and families. The fear of living your dreams and taking the big step into the unknown so that you can live your best life.
Kendra Holiday
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Get this book!

I really enjoyed Reid and Brooklyn's story. All they needed was each other and were a perfect fit. I also enjoyed catching up with the Holmes family and look forward to more.
Cynthia Taylor
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Acknowledging Fears

Reid has been keeping secrets and letting his Siblings make assumptions about him his entire life. Now it’s time for him to step up to the plate and step out on faith!
#cillasbookmaniacs
Lee Holden, E.
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Excellent read, I enjoyed the characters and storyline. Reid and Brooklyn are a great couple. I enjoyed catching up with the Holmes family. I recommend this book and can't wait for the next one.
Carson
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this family. It was nice to read about some of the other family members from previous books. I enjoyed the way Reid and hid Wonder woman supported each other. I hope Willow and Harrison see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Jackie Roberts
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Conquering Fear

Reid and Brooklyn were the mirror images of each other. They both feared stepping out of the box. Together, they conquered the fear that was holding them back from a future they both wanted. Sometimes you just have to step out on faith. I really enjoyed Awaken Me.
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Loved Awaken Me! I, like Reid and Brooklyn, have let fear hold me back and I have also lost my mother. This book was an emotional read for me, but.d I truly enjoyed it. I couldn't put it down because I enjoyed their journey.
Leigh-Anne Ford Lyons
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Support and Family bonds.

This book is truly outstanding. I enjoyed reading from beginning to end. Having someone's support and encouragement helps all things come to be. The Family bond displayed with Holmes Family is something all Families need.
Ava Smith-forrest
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet

I love the Holmes but I need what happens with Willow and Harrison and when will Reid and Brooklyn get married. Good read as always. When is book seven coming?
Tawana Castille-Butts
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story

Farrah Rochon did a great job in telling a story surrounded by love and family. It was a good read.
Michelle Fenison
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Excellent book! The writing, the storyline, I could not put it down!! I can not wait for the next Holmes story!
Sharon Simmons
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Holmes Brothers!

Reid and Brooklyn were a lot a like but also different. I hope there's more to their story. I feel like book ended abruptly!

Jodee
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I am not sure what I was expecting with this story, but this was not it. The story was slow at time but still OK. Reid and Brooklyn are very good together. I could feel how compassionate Reid was, but I was just expecting SOO much more romance between them. But I just felt like something was missing in this book. I felt like it wasn't finished when it ended. I was kind of disappointed when this story ended.
Kay
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I came across this title completely by accident and was pleasantly surprised. I’ve read a few books set in NOLA but this one really made me want to visit. So, when my husband asked were I wanted to spend Spring Break the answer was easy, NOLA. One of the places I had to visit while there was the Creole Creamery and try the Lavender & Honey ice cream as featured in this book. While I am not fond of the smell of lavender I was surprised to learn that I liked the Lavender & Honey ice cream.
Matysha
Jan 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A native of south Louisiana, Farrah Rochon officially began her writing career while waiting in between classes in the student lounge at Xavier University of Louisiana. After earning her Bachelors of Science degree and a Masters of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University, Farrah decided to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published novelist. She was named Shades of Romance Magazine's Be ...more

Holmes Brothers (8 books)
  • Deliver Me (Holmes Brothers, #1)
  • Release Me (Holmes Brothers, #2)
  • Rescue Me (Holmes Brothers, #3)
  • Chase Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 4)
  • Trust Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 5)
  • Cherish Me