Start by marking “Boots (Boots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Boots (Boots, #1)

Boots

(Boots #1)

I meet him in the bar of a town where people run to get away from their past. That's why I'm here. His dark eyes promise a good time, and I take him up on it. Maybe I'm weak, or maybe I'm just lonely. Except it isn't only one night, because with one touch, we're addicted.

Published December 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Boots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boots

Aisling Zena
4 stars

I read the newsletter version of this so I don't know what was revised or expanded on in the published version. But I will say that I really enjoyed the newsletter version just as it was.

Tara and Lance are one of the most combustible couples I've read and their get togethers were hot but filled with so many different layers of emotions.

"He was growling, and I was moaning, and the hotel room was a cacophony of pain and desire and anguish."

As usual I enjoyed Megan Erickson's writing and
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, dual-pov, suspense
I originally started reading this as part of a special serial in my newsletter subscription. However, I've never been known for my patience, so I gave up on keeping up with it pretty quickly. I was incredibly happy to hear that the story would be published and I'd get the chance to read it. So here we are and in the end, I have no regrets. It was impossible not to fall in love with Lance and Tara. From their first meeting, all the times they meant to call it quits but couldn't give each other up ...more
Alyssa

Source: Newsletter serial

Summary (from Goodreads):

We're both in town for
Hollis
For an expanded serial freebie, BOOTS was actually pretty good. It's hot almost from the get-go, there's angsty backstory, a wee bit o'violence and action, and family love and loss. Some of it might be a little ridiculous (in a good way) but considering I had a busy day without a lot (any) time to commit to a solid span of reading, being able to jump in and out of something I wasn't too invested in but that I was also enjoying, was pretty satisfying. BOOTS delivers on a bit of mindless entertain ...more
Coco.V
Jun 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/5/2018)!💝

Blurb:

We're both in town for a different purpose. I want to save a life, and he wants to end one. The truth won't set us free--it will destroy us. Unless he keeps his promise, an
Mandy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was action packed right from the start! I loved it, and it was an awesome change from Megan Erickson’s other books. Super hot and I couldn’t get enough! Lance and Tara have become one of my favorite couples. I can’t wait for Bryan’s story! (Tara’s brother) The teaser already has me hooked!
Timitra
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Hidden Truths was an emotional rollercoaster. It toyed with my emotions like a puppet master manipulates the strings on his marionette. I eagerly anticipated and awaited the arrival of each new chapter on Fridays. I couldn't get enough of these characters, Lance and Tara and their story. I'm looking forward to reading the expanded published version and also the next book in the series.

I recommend this book to lovers of romantic suspense.

Read as a newsletter serial from 17th August
Alex
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Megan Erickson definitely write one of the best female character...
Feisty, Passionate, Sassy. I loved them. And Tara is NOT an exception!

This story was short but really HOOOT.
I really liked it.
Sometimes I really enjoyed some angst. Pure and desperate. 'I Love you but I can't be with you' kind of angst... Very intense.

description

The sex was really, really hot. I mean, it's been a long time since MF made me squirm on my couch...

Tara and Lance met in a bar. It starts as a normal hook-up. Not much is shared
nick
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

Hot hot hot!!
Deborah G.
Lance & Tara are two tortured souls, not so much from their own actions but from activities/behavior of their respective siblings. This is the story about two people hooking up, feeling a connection without the knowledge that this person should be the last person with whom they should get involved.
Tara is tough, street smart & willful. She desperately loves her brother & wishes only for a happy & safe environment for them both. Throughout the book, I cursed Tara's brother, found
Nomims
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Reread
Like the first time i really loked Tara, she's human but doesn't take bullshit. But this time around i wasn't taken as much as the first time into the story ...

4,5 stars

It's short but very intense and sexy !
I really liked Tara and while the start of the book frightened me a little, the story became quickly very interesting !
I can't wait to read about Bryan !
Lenore Kosinski
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

4 stars — I’m actually a newsletter subscriber for Ms. Erickson, and I remember seeing the chapters coming one at a time in my email. I think I read the first chapter and was definitely intrigued, but little known fact: I’m not a fan of the serial format. I don’t have a good memory, and I hate waiting, I’m super impatient! So after the first chapter I just kept saving the emails but not reading them. So when I saw it was being released all in one chunk on
Beth
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
do you ever go into your kindle and think ... okay books tell me what to read?!! come on. i had just finished another read and i was like what is next ... the cover totally pulled me in ... what a great read. what is it about boots that pull us ladies in? they look so comfortable and just look great with any outfit ... i gotta see what is in the next read ... are they connected? these characters ... great style! awesomely written!! i thought i had read something from Megan before ...but i must b ...more
Katherine
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good. I had zero expectations, bought this because Ms. Erickson is an auto-buy author for me. Soap opera plot elements, beautiful execution. I am def buying Brian’s story.

Bought from kobo
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-archive
A lot seemed to happen in a small amount of time. Really loved Lance and Tara. Everything else felt meh.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Edited 3/11/18: DNF due to bad behavior from this author towards readers and/or other authors who've been harmed.
nicandbooks
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When one item of shoe wear can conjure up an entire story!

“Funny how you think you have nothing to lose until you lose it all.”

Boots was my introduction to Megan Erickson and after what began as a free newsletter subscriber serial book, I knew I would be hooked and have to read more by this talented author. This story has a bit of everything - romance, suspense, violence, humour and a couple in Tara and Lance that will burrow in deep!!

I loved the connection these two shared almost straight a
Danny
”(...) for once in my life, I want to point the arrow of my life in the direction I chose and that arrow to actually hit the target. Can you do that for me, lance? Can you make my arrow hit the bullseye?”
Lance lifted his chin, eyes glued to mine.
“You aim, baby, and I’ll help you fire.”

Wow... I had this ebook for so long and now that I’ve read it, I’m kicking myself for not reading it sooner.

This one already starts with action and so much excitement!!! It was thrilling to read it.

At the same
Leigh Kramer
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I signed up for Megan Erickson's newsletter just so I could access this story, originally titled Boots. She'd already shared several chapters by the time I signed up so I inhaled those and then waited on pins and needles every Friday for the next installment.

It was the perfect amount of angst and heat and romance and I could not get enough of Lance and Tara's story. They were such gritty, interesting characters. Both dealing with painful circumstances in their pasts and their present drawing th
Megan Loves Books
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5++++ stars

I positively LOVED this book!!! I am a huge fan of romantic suspense...the combo of heat and intrigue is my favorite. Boots had both elements in spades! The characters were lovable,the story was gripping, it was perfection. I know this came out in Megan's newsletters as a serial,but I am so glad I waited so i could devour it all at once. I could have died waiting for the next installment! Now, I can't wait to get my mitts on Bryan's story! Bravo, Megan, bravo 👏!
5+++++ stars for storyl
Susan Swiderski
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, humorous, romance, sexy
This was some kinda book with a little bit of something for just about everybody. Some scenes absolutely throb with erotic heat, some are fraught with action and danger, and some are downright sweet. There's even a one-of-a-kind scene involving a motel-bound drunken game of Truth or Dare that's guaranteed to make you laugh. And yeah... there are some tearful parts, too.

So yeah, I enjoyed this book. All of it. A lot.
Manon
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned
*3.75 Stars*

I read this through Megan’s Newsletter, week after week.

I really enjoy that format from time to time and this book was one of those times.
The suspense was pretty good and I was captivated at first.
Sadly as the weeks went by, it became more and more predictable.
Still, it has great characters, plot and romance and I will read it again at some point.
I’m also really looking forward to the next book is the series...
Megan
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this story! I first read it as a serial in the author's newsletter (then titled BOOTS), and I loved it so much I bought it to read again! I just finished my re-read, and I loved it even more. When you can still make me cry (and laugh out loud) within such a short time-frame re-read, you are doing it right! Love this author, and if this is how much I enjoy her romantic suspense, I CANNOT WAIT for her new hackers series releasing soon!
Lynn J
I had no expectations going in as this is the first story I have read by the author and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
For being a short book it was action packed with a lot going on yet it never really felt rushed which I think shows good writing skills.
Our 2 main characters are hardened by the hand life has dealt them up to now but they both have a softness inside that the other is able to reach.
This author is on my ones to watch list.
The_Book_Queen
Hurry, $0.99 for release week only! (12/5) http://amzn.to/2jVeWQ5

A hot, quick read with a bit of suspense/action and Erickson's usual fantastic writing and characters. I'm glad to hear that Tara's brother will be getting a story next year!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I will be talking about the book on my next Whatcha Reading? podcast which will go up on TBQ's Book Palace Saturday (12/16).

If you wish to look at some quotes/thoughts I highlighted, please check out my Twitter feed
Kim C.
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great read. I loved the bit of suspense mixed in with all the romance. I thought Tara was fantastic. And Lance was just what she didn't know she needed. When the action picked up, there were a couple of little twists that I really enjoyed.
Debbie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars rounded up.
Starts out with a lot of sex. I was a bit put off by a woman going home with a man the 1st time she meets him at a bar, no matter how much chemistry there seems to be.
A pretty good bit of suspense too.
Heidi Dover
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked
liked this - a great conflict between the characters even if you see it coming. Some editing issues (like "vice" instead of "vise" a couple of times) but overall a fun, not too long read.
Molli Moran
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I originally read this when Megan wrote it as a newsletter serial. This version is just as hot and suspenseful. *heart eyes*
Janice
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Tara and Lance meet one night at a bar and agree to leave together. After a couple more hook-ups they have a lot more in common than they initially realized, their respective brothers.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Third Rail (Five Boroughs, #5.5)
  • Stranded with the Navy SEAL (Team Twelve #1)
  • Tequila Sunrise (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4)
  • Take Me Home (Belladonna Ink, #2)
  • Theirs for the Night (The Thalanian Dynasty, #1)
  • Too Close to Call (Romancing the Clarksons #3.5)
  • Small Change (Small Change, #1)
  • Permanent Ink (Art & Soul, #1)
  • Withholding Evidence (Evidence, #3)
  • Enemies with Benefits (Enemies with Benefits, #0.5)
  • Be My Yoko Ono
  • A Cat Called Cupid
  • Indian Maidens Bust Loose
  • Stripped Bounty
  • Hostile Beauty
  • Cain (Hellbound Lovers MC, #4)
  • The Hook-Up Before Christmas: A Holiday Short Story
  • Leave the Lights On
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

Boots (2 books)