Start by marking “Night Before” as Want to Read:
Night Before

Night Before

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  512 ratings  ·  91 reviews
Until Malcolm Knight set his eyes upon that curvy cherub of a Christmas elf in his department store’s Santa’s Village, Christmas meant nothing to him except what it did for the bottom line. Now, his Scrooge is melting away along with thoughts of if her sugar-plums taste as good as they look.

Penny Evergreen lives for Christmas. When her parents send her to New York for a mo
Published December 2017

To ask other readers questions about Night Before, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Before

really liked it 4.00  ·

♡Tonya♡
IT'S LIVE!

**ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

This was a super sweet, short Christmas story ~ think Buddy the Elf meets Ebenezer Scrooge.
It was sugary sweet with a helping of spice.

-no cheating
-no ow/om drama
-no violence of any nature
-some steam
-older man/younger woman
-virgin heroine/hero wasn't a virgin but he hadn't had relationships and was not portrayed as a manwhore- He was more focused on his business than any kind of relationships
-good epilogue 10 years out - a nice wrap up
Bookloverme
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's a super cute and sweet story. Just a relaxing read and will really make you feel it's Christmas.

The story is about Malcolm and Penny.

He's the CEO of Knight & Knight Department Store. He's a cold-hearted businessman who doesn't believe in love and Christmas. All that matters to him is the profit of his company until he met Penny.

She's working as a Christmas elf at his Christmas Village. And ever since he met her, he's not the same person anymore. She made him a better person.

It has a lov
Jenny
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and steamy Christmas story about a billionaire and a young virginal pianist. He is cold and ruthless and he hates Christmas but Penny melts his heart and he discovers the true meaning of Christmas. Very steamy with adorable characters and a heartwarming epilogue with 5 kids! Cuteness overload! :)
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Malcolm, head of his family's business, is all about the bottom line. If it doesn't benefit him, or the company, it's of no consequence to him. He approaches both his personal and professional lives that way. It's how his father groomed him to be, and after losing his Mom, the only one able to reach his heart, the year before around Christmas, any softness he had is gone. Until he sees a certain elf.

Penny may have been a child prodigy, but now, in her early twenties, she's still suf
Kiki
Dec 17, 2017 marked it as avoid
Note: with so many TBR and so little time I’m just not into virgin heroine vs non-virgin hero.
C

-HEA with epilogue

A must read!!
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Shelves: dirty-quickie
This was a fantastic holiday romance. Completely over the top, Insta Love Story with plenty of sweetness and just the right amount of hot. Definitely recommend.
tinyteaplots
Short, sweet, and smutty for the win.
I enjoyed this little read. I had a total eye-roll moment in the last chapter, but I'm already over it. I knew this was going to have some cheese factor going into it, so I can't really complain.
lily waheed
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
super cute and super sweet, my favorite kind of a book ♡ loved it
Babel
Enchanting and hot, all a smut fan can ever wish to unwrap before Christmas day :-)

This beautiful novella appeals to the Christmas lover in me as it's the sweetest lesson you can learn about opening up your heart to love and sharing.

The couple in the story works magically because she is a little elf working in a Christmas Village set up at one of the most successful department stores in New York city, whereas he is the gruff alpha man guiding this store with a mind set on profits and cold deeds.
Elaine
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A little festive naughtyness
Shannon

Sweet and steamy, if a little predictable. But an enjoyable holiday read that will have you believing in the magic of Christmas.

***Borrowed through KU.
Jen ❥
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very enjoyable Christmas story!
Roanne Germaine
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
NIGHT BEFORE is a beautiful insta-love novel with a bit of a May - December trope about a successful CEO who didn't believe in Christmas and a woman who worked as an elf at a Christmas Village in one of his malls.

Before he met Penny Evergreen, all Malcom Knight cared about was making more profit. He didn't do relationships. And he thought that the Christmas Villages in his malls weren't really income-generating , so he planned to abolish them. But the beautiful elf who has a genuine zest for Chr
Janice Somers
The story is older man/younger woman. It's also a love story that renews the belief of Christmas, for a Scrooge.
I enjoyed reading and the story is one hot, dirty, and very, very filthy.
Malcolm Knight doesn't believe in Christmas and he has a whole floors of the Knight & Knight, mall stores, that he wants to close. These floors are unused year round except from Dec. 1 - 24, which it is then the Christmas Village.
Elf Penny is one of the best Elf's the Knight & Knight flagship store has.
Nova
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this may be my fave Christmas book so far this year. Fab read that leaves you with a smile.

Malcolm Knight is a man who is single minded and all he cares about is making money, that is until his sister makes him take his nephew to the Christmas Village hoping he finds his festive spirit and sees that the Village is more than just a profit bottom line and changes his mind about closing them. What he finds is Penny, the most perfect little Elf. From that moment on his world is changed
April Symes
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a super sexy, sizzling, and short Christmas novella which has heart and heat. Penny and Malcolm are two people who really need some magic at Christmas time. One is someone who loves Christmas and strives to retain all the magic there is because she doesn’t have a close family and one is someone who lost the person closest to him and strives to push the magic that is in Christmas out of his life and has become like Scrooge himself. These two meet and its instant chemistry between them. I ...more
Christiann Igou
Shelves: arc-2017
When Scrooge finds his heart and see the joy of Christmas! I loved the romance spin of an old Christmas classic.

Malcolm (35) is everything we expect from a Dani Wyatt alpha male. Penny is a sweet 21 yr old who although she grew up without Christmas has more holiday joy than you could imagine.

The character development was on point! This story truly is about finding happiness and love.
Jenny Prose
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This holiday novella was like reading a Hallmark Movie. I loved the young girl working in a Department Story instead of working on her stage fright only to find a CEO Scrudge who warms her heart and vice versa.
Super Cute, Cheese Romantic Novella, perfect for the holidays!
Flo Grugel
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this little festive treat!
Yesenia Gonzalez
Malcolm the tough man who doesn't do Christmas but he does do an elf named Penny. Malcolm according to too his sisters is a scrooge because he rather is at his office than enjoying the Christmas spirit in his department store he owns. Penny Evergreen loves Christmas and she might be a shy girl when doing a performance on the piano but at Santas village, she loves to make people smile. When Malcolm takes his nephew to meet Santa, his elf helper is Penny and right there Malcolm vows to have her. T ...more
Patricia Lopes
A "scroogy" story without the ghosts.

Cold hearted profit oriented 35 yo male, meets X-mas loving ??young elf female. will the extra joy in her heart melt his ice???

Well of course it will!!!!

This is another insta love cute story, extreme attraction, some stalking, long long text&phone talks, a set back, a surprise, another set back, forgiveness and the expected HEA + 10 years after epilogue!! :D
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Penny Evergreen has never felt like she fit in even if she grew up in a rather lavish lifestyle. Her parents, well mostly her mother, has always pushed her to be the best and failure isn't an option. Her life was always planed to the second with no thoughts about what she wanted or desired. But when an opportunity arose for a chance to live a life she wanted, even if it's just for a short time, she jumps on it.

Malcolm Knight is man that works 24/7 and always watches the bottom line. Love, family
Arys
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Night Before by Dani Wyatt is a Christmas themed quick romance story between Knight & Knight Department Store owner Malcolm Knight and one of the elves, Penny who just happens to be working in his store's Santa's Village.

Malcolm is following in his father's footsteps and a modern day Scrooge. He may be rich and handsome, but romance and fun are not part of his life, particularly Christmas and the Santa's Village is a waste of money in his mind. His world is rocked by Penny when he sees her
Rebecca Austin
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trsor
Malcolm "Scrooge" Knight is the CEO of Knight & Knight Department Stores and is concerned with only one thing - profit. When he sees that the elaborate Christmas Village that his stores puts on during the holidays is costing him millions, he knows it has to go.

Penny Evergreen is obsessed with Christmas. When her parents pay for her to meet with a counselor about learning to play piano in front of a crowd she decides to become an elf instead at the Christmas Village.

When Malcolm and his nephe
Jan
This is a great quick festive hot read that I really enjoyed.

Although Night before is only 12 chapters, the story didn't feel rushed or too short and lead to a heartwarming and hot Epilogue. There was a gradual build up to Penny and Malcolm's relationship and I was completely drawn into the story with the characters.

A bit about the plot
Penny Evergreen loves Christmas and works and The Knight & Knight Enterprises store, Penny is an Elf and loves showing the children and families around the
Elysian Fields
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, I did not sleep last night and decided to devour this wonderful holiday story instead. I am not sorry! It is an over the top, sweet, syrupy holiday story with some wonderful characters. It is the ultimate safe read.

This is the story of Penny and Malcolm. Penny is an elf this holiday season for a store and she finds herself in lust with a man from across Christmas Village. The older, attractive man is the ultimate Scrooge. He wants to close the village to make a high profit in business and d
S.T. Rucker
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
There was just something about this story that I just wasn't feeling. For example: Penny pitying a family who couldn't afford the Christmas Village and acting like she's their hero for giving up her money so they could go on the tour. Or the fact that Wyatt describes Malcolm Knight as looking like a young Sean Connery; that wasn't inspiring since I don't think Connery was particularly attractive back then (I googled pictures).

Aaron was a really peripheral side character and Wyatt made him sound
Lauren
This story is short, fast paced and festive. I really enjoyed this book. I read this story in one sitting and wasn’t once bored. I really liked Penny and her Christmas spirit. I liked the way she was with people. She was happy and didn’t let people get her down. I liked Malcolm but I wanted him to cheer up. I wanted him to stop acting like a scrooge. The chemistry between Penny and Malcolm was clear to see. I liked them as a couple, despite their different views on Christmas, they suited one ano ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Groom By Christmas (Seven Brides of Christmas #1)
  • Devil In Disguise
  • Hot Boss, Boardroom Mistress
  • Lifelong Affair
  • Down South (Southern Hospitality, #1)
  • Spread 'em
  • A Bride for Theo
  • The Innocent's Shameful Secret
  • The Consequence of His Vengeance
  • Her Nine Month Confession
  • My Father's Rival: A Silver Saints MC Novella
  • A Queen for the Taking? (The Diomedi Heirs, #2)
  • Bartering Her Innocence
  • Dishonourable Proposal
  • Expecting the Rancher's Heir (Dynasties: The Jarrods #3)
  • A Stormy Spanish Summer
  • Her Impossible Boss
  • Blackfoot Affair
Since I was a little girl, I’ve made up stories. I would lay in my bed at night and before I knew what a trope was, I would make up these trope filled stories. Boy sees girl, boys falls for girl, boy saves girl….happily ever after. As I got older, the stories turned steamier and more intricate, but the basics never changed.

Now, my books are still full of romance but the naughty bits are naughtier,