Start by marking “The Laughing Man” as Want to Read:
The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

When Adam is saved from monsters by a strange man in a coat he is shown a secret world, a world full of gods and monsters, angels and demons, a world at war.

He is given an ultimatum, head to another dimension and gain power, or never be safe again. Guided by a soldier, a lunatic in a magic hat, and a spider (by adoption) he is taken to meet the Laughing One, a strange crea
Published November 10th 2017 by Ouroborus Book Services

To ask other readers questions about The Laughing Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Laughing Man

Start your review of The Laughing Man
Ruin
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first time I sat down to read this I couldn't quite get into it, but the second time I'm really glad I persisted. It is to start with confusing, as Adam experiences so many things and so many new people in short space of time. And while it doesn't ever quite slow down, it gets really blood good and you learn to keep up. I'm astonished at how thoroughly this big, complex, alien world is introduced in a short space of time, without sacrificing the plot or the characters who are so much a part ...more
Morto
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit slow and slightly incoherent in the beginning, but it picked midway through. Trying to follow which character is speaking is sometimes difficult.
Still don't have a proper grasp on the motivations of the characters, and the explanation of the "other" world is a bit cumbersome.
There are a number of formatting issues in the paperback edition; paragraphs not indented, quotation marks and commas missing, etc.
Tony Moorhead
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. A great story with well-constructed plot and interesting characters. Very well-written too with great use of language and an interesting turn of phrase.
Fantastic effort for a first published novel. Can't wait for the second instalment. It will be a must read.
Hurry up!
David Holmes
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a good book, intriguing plot, looking forward to the sequels.
Emmy Cote