Start by marking “I Hear the Sunspot” as Want to Read:
I Hear the Sunspot

I Hear the Sunspot

(ひだまりが聴こえる #1)

Because of a hearing disability, Kohei is often misunderstood and has trouble integrating into life on campus, so he learns to keep his distance. That is until he meets the outspoken and cheerful Taichi. He tells Kohei that his hearing loss is not his fault. Taichi's words cut through Kohei's usual defense mechanisms and open his heart. More than friends, less than lovers, ...more
Published November 3rd 2017 by One Peace Books (first published October 23rd 2014)

Start your review of I Hear the Sunspot
Whitney Atkinson
This book was so cute yet meaningful! It has that friendship/relationship dynamic where one person is goofy and loud and the other person is reserved and cynical, so I loved seeing the two main characters interact. I also like that it was a story of budding friendship in which Taichi was sort of an advocate for Kohei and people who romanticized his deafness.

I'm requesting my library buy the rest of this series because I can't wait to see where the story goes.
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was so tender and sweet and NICE
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Watched the movie adaptation first. Loved it but the manga is much, much, much better!💫
Carlos Peguer
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
this comic gave me my gay rights
David Schaafsma
I Hear the Sunspot is a one volume manga about Kohei, a hearing impaired guy who gets a note-taker to help him in his classwork. Kohei in exchange gives the note-taker, Taichi, lunch every day, which as it turns out Taichi actually needs.

Kohei is an inner-focused guy, pretty somber, and because of his hearing not very connected with campus life, and Taichi is gregarious and outspoken. This is a story in part about raising consciousness about people with disabilities all around us, but it is far
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THAT WAS SO WHOLESOME OMG. my fave new couple <3 ...more
Kate
5/5stars

I LOVED THIS? LIKE WOW COULD I HAVE PICKED A MORE PERFECT MANGA TO TRY OUT?? this has LGBT rep, deaf rep, so much explanation of the deaf community, and just UGH THIS WAS SO PERFECT.

Also, while I'm NOT apart of the deaf community (i do know sign language and know a lot about it but I'm not apart of it) I have never in my life seen portrayal of tinnitus which I do have chronic tinnitus - which, ya know that ringing you sometimes get in your ears? I get that several times a day, and while
Lauren Lanzilotta
This was such a sweet story about a boy with a hearing disability and a friend he makes despite constantly being misunderstood by others.

This manga brought tears to my eyes and smiles to my face, it was just so lovely! Despite its length, I Hear the Sunspot packs a strong message with really amiable characters to follow along the way!

Yuki Fumino’s art style was wonderful. I found myself really enjoying the way Kohei and Taichi were depicted as characters, as well as the scenery to accompany ever
Julie
I loved this!! It's so cute and precious and it made me tear up :') I'm so happy.
Stewart Tame
Kohei has a hearing disability, and uses it as an excuse to withdraw from others, until he meets cheerful, outgoing Taichi. They soon strike up a friendship. Or is it something more?

Although this is a Boys Love title, the BL content is fairly mild. In her afterword, Fumino gives the impression that she had initially left that aspect of the story out until her editor reminded her. As it is, it's mild and almost ambiguous enough that I could believe someone could read this story without picking up
Erica ♋️✨
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG THIS WAS SO CUTE I LOVED IT ❤️🎉💕
E.
3,5 🌟

That was so cute! Also, Kouhei falling for the first guy who was nice to him... What a disaster gay!!!

__________________________

insta | twitter | blog | booksirens | duolingo
Flor
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, best-of-2019
Can I get a hug?
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Actual rating: 4.5 Stars

This was highly recommended to me by a few friends so I finally decided to pick it up and give it a read! I really enjoyed it, but I can't believe this was original meant to be a oneshot manga...by the time I got to the end I was like...I need more?
Lauren
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Halley Hopson
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

Yes I am at Kate’s house and reading all of her manga 💁🏻‍♀️
Cristina
An utterly heartwarming first volume to this series. Both characters - so different but so complementary - are well rounded and I found them adorable and so easy to feel for.

Beautiful drawings and lovely storyline.

Now onto volume two and full review to follow after that.

Evi
Such a cute and heartwarming story
Ben Howard
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-in-2020
I Hear the Sunspot is a really heartwarming manga.

Kohei is hard of hearing. Because of this he's had to deal with a lot of insensitive people, whether they believe they are trying to help him or are actively bad-mouthing him. This has led to him keeping people at a distance.

He needs a note-taker, and this is where Taichi come in. In exchange for lunch, Taichi takes notes for Kohei. Taichi is very outgoing, and he manages to worm is way past Kohei's walls and the two become good friends.

The roma
Sophie
There's quite a buzz surrounding this title at the moment, and rightly so if you ask me. It's a lovely story about two university students: one of them is hard of hearing and has been isolating himself from his surroundings, the other is loud and outgoing and pulls the other out of his self-imposed solitude.

It's very pure and chaste, but heart-warming as the sunspot in the title suggests. And there even is a small baseball scene! It was a really lovely manga, maybe not world-changing but the ki
Melissa See
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, important, and welcome. Cannot wait for volume 2!
Jenny
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was a great first volume! Took off a star because sometimes the art style made it hard to tell what was happening and Taichi was a little one-dimensional for my liking, but I still enjoyed it. While a lot of series centered around characters with disabilities tend to make that the defining trait of the character, this volume does a good job in making Kohei his own character. Granted, he's not exactly drowning in character traits and he doesn't get a whole lot of development, but I could rec ...more
Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c;
Wow I didn’t know my kindle adds everything to goodreads whenever I finish, it’s true what they say you learn something new everyday.

Anyways a short review.

This was a sweet manga that I enjoyed. The story follows a boy named Taichi who agrees to be a note taker for a boy named Koheikun. Both boys are in college and meet after Taichi trips onto Koheikun’s lunch. Koheikun suffers with hearing disabilities from a young age and his hearing is slowly getting worse. Due to this it’s hard for him to ta
Giulia
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"They can’t say whatever they want just because you can’t hear them"

TW: bullying

I'm not crying, you're crying.
Who am I even kidding? We're all crying.

This was so pure and adorable. I'm speechless and, on top of that, I'm in love.

Taichi was such a precious human being. He was a literals ray of sunshine (ah! See what I did here? ahah). And Kohei was spectacular cinnamon roll that has to be protected at all costs.

Highly recommend this manga and cannot wait to continue on the second volume.
Beautifu
Mady
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The drawing style wasn't really my cup of tea but it was ok, nothing that interfered with the readability. Unfortunately, the german translation seemed a bit awkward and unfitting and even outdated sometimes.
What really saved it for me, however, was the topics that were discussed. I think I've never read a manga with a main character that has a physical disability and deals with the challenges of everyday life among able-bodied people.
At the end the author confessed that the story wasn't origina
jola
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sooo cute 🙈❤ i love this story
Holly Strange
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sweet!! This is how relationships begin to develop. 10/10 would recommend.
Lizor
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This manga was just very cute. I don't have a lot to say about it, besides that was adorable and I just want to read more and I liked it a lot.
Felicia
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comic
A really great story. I'd absolutely recommend!
Amanda at Nerdification Reviews
Slightly rushed, but the content makes up for it.

This manga is as good as everyone says it is. I wish we got more volumes to allow each development room to unfold over time. But the content of the story more than makes up for the slightly rushed plot.
Kohei lost a significant portion of his hearing as a child. In the years since he has acclimated to his new normal by isolating himself from others. Now in college, he puts an add out for a note-taker. The outgoing, forever hungry, Taichi takes the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• ジャッカス! ~触っていいって誰が言ったよ?~ [Jackass! - Sawatte Ii tte Dare ga Itta yo?]
  • Escape Journey, Vol. 3
  • エスケープジャーニー 2 [Escape Journey 2]
  • Seven Days: Monday–Sunday
Yuki FUMINO ( 文乃 ゆき) is a Japanese manga artist.

Also writes under the name Yuki Akaneda (茜田 千).

ひだまりが聴こえる (5 books)