Start by marking “January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)

January in Atlantis

(Poseidon's Warriors #1)

...whether they like it or not.

Twelve all-new adventures in the hotly anticipated world of Posei
Published January 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about January in Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about January in Atlantis

Start your review of January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)
Marta Cox
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having thoroughly enjoyed the previous series Warriors of Poseidon I'm over the moon to discover this spin off set of books. Atlantis might not be hidden under the sea anymore but there's still plenty of evil out there in the world and this the first book starts quite rightly with a prodigal son returning.
Denal has the unenviable task of recruiting twelve fierce warrior's to form his very own deadly dozen and starts with a mage, a mermaid lover ( don't ask ! ) and a somewhat belligerent returnee
Madison Warner Fairbanks
January in Atlantis by Alyssa Day

A dozen new warriors of Poseidon are assigned as Denal’s Dozen to protect humanity from demons on Earth. These dozen are new to the warrior responsibilities but step up surprising only themselves in the redemption.

January’s story is about Flynn and the organization of this new band of heroes. Flynn immediately falls for the lovely bartender, Eva. Together, they need to save the kidnapped girls and fight the Dark Angels.

A novella of romance, danger, adventure, an
Debra Johnson
January in Atlantis by Alyssa Day
Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance
2.5 Stars

Boring. Had to fight to keep awake long enough to finish it.
Sorry, but this one is a big 'No' for me.

No real action, just a lot of talking and blah, blah, blah.

Could have been great, but ended up being an epic fail.

On top of numerous words about nothing, there are editing errors and sentence structure problems.
The editing errors are not all that bad.
The sentence structure problems make it difficult to know who is talking at
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Got Fiction?

You know how sometimes when an author decides to continue on with a series, or to make a cross-over and they then force old characters in just to give us a glimpse of them? This wasn't that. This was a seamless blend and I found it easy to slip back into the Atlantis world Ms. Day has created.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this new series since the past couple novellas and the Cardinal Witches series have been so different from the Warriors of Poseidon. I was real
Lynsey A
I really enjoyed the original series by Alyssa Day, The Warrior's of Poseidon. While this book wasn't terrible, I wasn't in love with it. I think because the book was so short and I feel that the hero's character changed in a finger snap. It was instant. I just felt that the whole story could have been developed more, however, I think these are supposed to be short stories because there is one for every month of the year.

Susan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. January In Atlantis is the first book in the Poseidon's Warriors series. This can be read as a standalone. Though it is clear from a statement at the end that other books will follow. There is violence and sex so 18+. This is a different take on fighting demons. I love the fact that Atlantis has risen and officially become part of the world again. I look forward to reading more about it's warriors and their battle with the demons on earth.
Beth
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Pop corn read. Not on par with the Dead Eye series more novellas with very thin plot?
Coco.V
Nov 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (11/16/2018)!💝

Blurb:
When Poseidon’s elite warriors gear up to train a new generation of fighters, they have no idea that Atlantean Queen Riley has secretly taken on a new role: Matchmaker. By the end of the year, she plans to find soul mates for all twelve of Atlantis’s fiercest warriors . . .

. . whether they like it or not.

Twelve all-new adventures in the hotly anticipated world of Poseidon's Warriors, coming once a month from New York Times bestselling auth
Penny
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was an avid reader of the Atlantis books by Ms. Day when they first came out, and I was excited to be given the opportunity to read these new ones. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot, the characters, and the writing in this installment of the series. Ms. Day truly has a way with words. The heat between the characters practically melted the pages, and the characters were very real to me. While this book didn’t go into some of the details that the previous Atlantean books did, this was a great ride b ...more
Edith
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Breath-taking!

So many time last during this story I had to remind myself to breathe. It had humor, regret, suspense and of course a happily ever after. As with all Ms Day's stories the men are swoon worthy and the women stronger than they realise.I am enjoying the continuation of the Atlantis series!
Julie
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alyssa Day is a great author

I have read everything that Alyssa Day has written and loved everyone. Her characters are strong and funny and I love the world's she has built. Looking forward to the next book.
Kathryn
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. This story was different and I enjoyed it. I will try this author again.
Sandee
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Flynn's story and my first in the Atlantis universe created by Alyssa. I was entertained. Bad guys, good guys, strong women, magic and myth. It was fun, romantic and action-packed. You do not have to know anything from the previous books to enjoy this one. Alyssa provides enough detail to ensure the story stands alone. I enjoyed it so much that when I finished it, I immediately started reading the original Atlantis series (Atlantis Rising).
Valencia
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, ebook, paranormal
3.5 stars. This story had the potential to be so much more. We not given sufficient enough information about Eva and her ability.
Amanda
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a decent quick read. It took me a while to get into it, I felt like the first chapter felt like it took ages. It ended up getting more exciting, but unfortunately never fully captured me.
Suzanne Bourgeois
I think I have a new love for Alyssa Day with this series. Posiden is a bit high handed, i think, but then again he is a god. I also feel Eva's story is very relatable and true to life, and I am very happy she gets her happy ending. Not many of those stories do.
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this , funny and inspiring at the same time. Loved how Flynn didn’t want use Eva as bait even though he needed to.
Can’t wait for the rest of the books to come out
Rhonda Hicks
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After eleven thousand years beneath the seas, the lost continent is lost no more. Atlantis has risen and is now openly taking part in human affairs. But the creatures who formerly hid in the darkness have come out into the open too. Vampires, shapeshifters, the Fae, and more are ow part of daily life on Earth … not always to humanity's benefit.
The fabled group known as Poseidon's Warriors must therefore continue their sworn task of protecting humankind, and a new group of fighters will vow to b
Mary Kirkland
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flynn left Atlantis a long time ago but decided to return just as Denal was out to find warriors for his newly formed team. He's sent out on his first mission and can't understand why he's so attracted to Eva.

Eva is on the run from her biker gang member ex-boyfriend. He's abusive and doesn't care about her but just won't let her go. She's just about to run again when she meets Flynn and he asks for her help in rescuing some girls that the biker gang has kidnapped.

The biker gang is no usual bike
Signi Siemens
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never worry about being disappointed in reading a book by Alyssa Day!! I have read most if not all of her books & ever since I read my first book of hers I was completely hooked & became a fan forever!! This new series involves Atlantis and Poseidon's Warriors, not just the original seven, but 12 new warriors marked by Poseidon in response to Atlantis's rising up from the ocean's depths. You still get to read what's new with King Conlan, Queen Riley & little Prince Aidan, as well as the rest of ...more
Heather
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was great to return to the world of Atlantis and it's warriors.  This the first book in the spin off series that started with the Warriors of Poseidon and we have a prodigal son return after years away from his homeland. He has his scars and he doesn't take crap from anyone, so when he is unceremoniously recruited for the new set of elite warriors to fight for Atlantis, he isn't exactly thrilled.  But when he, and the other 2 new recruits, find out what their first mission is, the misfits jum ...more
Melissa
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k
And we are off again! Atlantis here we come.

Flynn, the oldest brother of Dare and Liam, is home. And Poseidon has plans for him.
Denal has been appointed leader of a new group of warriors, Danal's Dozen. He just got back from the Fairy lands where he spent ten years. Ten of their years, only a few weeks in Atlantis time, he is hardened and angry thinking his fellow warriors forgot about him. Now he's home his King, who was just a prince when he was lost, tells him he is now to lead this new ragt
Brigitte
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read the Poseidon Warriors, I was eager to visit Atlantis once again. This new addition didn't disappoint. It's a worthwhile adventure.

Atlantis is no longer under water and other paranormal species are living amongst the humans, this first installment is very interesting, indeed.

Flynn returns to Atlantis after having lived on earth for a few years and finds that he has to go through the bureaucracy even though, he is an Atlantean. In the process he becomes one of Denan's Dozen. A group
Margaret
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Within two hours of returning to Atlantis Flynn finds himself selected as one of Poseidon's Warriors.
Flynn returns home to after having been away for over ten years and within two hours finds himself marked as a Poseidon's Warrior and going on a mission Jake and the mage Griffin two other new made warriors. Their mission is to find and rescue a number of young women who have been kidnapped by a group called Hell's Dark Angels who are mostly humans but whose leaders are Demons and who plan to sac
Tania
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: alyssa-day
"January in Atlantis" by Alyssa Day. Book 1 in the Poseidon's Warriors series.

I liked it. This book is about Flynn, oldest brother to Liam (Halloween in Atlantis) and Dare (Christmas in Atlantis) and Eva, a human woman on the run from her ex-boyfriend.

Flynn is one of Poseidon's newest warriors and his mission is to save a group of young girls who've been kidnapped by the Hell's Dark Angels motorcycle club. Eva is on the run from her ex-boyfriend who is part of the Hell's Dark Angels motorcycle c
Chyina Powell
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
What would happen if Atlantis one day rose from the ocean and began integrating with the rest of the world? A world that is full of supernatural creatures including sirens and warlocks and demons? There is a lot of potential in this novel, the characters are interesting enough and there is so much that the author could do with the setting but I feel as though Day should have given us a bit more.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of a few men being forced to work for with the US government to deal wit
Pat Bettinger
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Flynn is from Atlantis and left home years ago in order to survive his father's drunken abuse. He leaves behind his younger brothers but finally decides to return. When he does got back he ends up being pushed into a new group of warriors called Denal's Dozen who are dealing with demonic threats to the humans they are sworn to protect. The world has now found out about the warriors and Atlantis has been raised from the ocean.

He meets Eva in a bar where she works as a bartender while hiding from
Krystyna
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Were the original series ended!

Awesome! This starts off were the original series ended with Atlantis rising up into the modern world. However Poseidon has more tasks for his followers. A group of outcasts and rejects that are now called on to help the human world in it's fight against evil. He had run away, when it became obvious that his father would kill him in a drunken haze. She has been running and hiding from a human mage that has gotten in with a demon led gang. Together they plan to stop
Theresa
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A short story from the Poseidon’s Warriors calendar series.

This one is in January and is about Flynn, Dare and Liam’s truant brother whom everyone thought was dead. Up to now he’s been devil-may-care hellion, but now his travels have led him back home to Atlantis. As soon as he arrives he’s immediately appropriated into a new task force created to deal with paranormal/human crime problems.

Eva is on the run hiding out in a small Arizona town working as a bar tender and volunteering at the local
Corrie DeWolfe (Corrie's Book Corner)
So, I have been mulling over this the last couple days.

I changed my rating to 2.5 out of 5 stars.
There was some good spots, but overall, it was a wash for me. If I didn't need to read this for a book challenge for my team, I probably would have DNF'd it a couple chapters in.

I felt like there was a lot missing from this story. Yes, I know it's the first in the series, however, even then, there were gaping holes. It felt like a first draft.

I loved the premise of the book. Atlantis coming up fr
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: New Series Needs to Be Created 3 17 Feb 02, 2018 05:26PM

• Kissed by Fire (Dragonkeepers, #1)
  • Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Sacred Places (Druid, #1)
  • Havenwood Falls Volume One
  • Dragon Spell (Fated Touch, #1)
  • Ever Strange
  • BloodGifted (The Dantonville Legacy, #1)
  • The Fae Next Door
  • Lone Wolf's Claim (The Kincaid Werewolves #1)
  • Michael's Soul Mate (Vampires of London, #2)
  • Brightest Shadow (Mythical Knights #1)
  • Fated For The Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears, #1)
  • Croc's Return (Bitten Point, #1)
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Greyson - The Complete Serial, Parts 1 - 4 (The Silver Moon Pack #0)
  • Knight's Redemption (Knights of Hell, #1)
Alyssa Day is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author with more than a million books sold, including the Vampire Motorcycle Club, Warriors of Poseidon and Cardinal Witches paranormal romance series and the Tiger’s Eye Mysteries paranormal mystery series. Throughout her seventeen-year writing career, she has won many awards for her fiction, which include Romance Writers of America’s pres ...more

Poseidon's Warriors (6 books)
  • February in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #2)
  • March in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors #3)
  • April in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #4)
  • May in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #5)
  • June in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors #6)

News & Interviews