Start by marking “Saving the Scientist (The Restitution League, #2)” as Want to Read:
Saving the Scientist (The Restitution League, #2)

Saving the Scientist

(The Restitution League #2)

A woman who disdains love collides with a man who lives for passion. Explosions ensue.

Ada Templeton believes in science. She believes in chemical reactions and experimentation and old-fashioned common sense. She's far too clever to be seduced by a rake like Edison Sweet.

Con artist, liar, self-taught inventor, Edison Sweet, uses his hard won skills to help others. When he's
Published January 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Saving the Scientist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving the Scientist

Lori D
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Explosive second book in the Restitution League Series! What happens when you put two highly intelligent people together? Ada Templeton had a scientific mind and has come up with an invention of merit. The only problem is others want to steal it! Enter Edison Sweet. Part of the Restitution League, he is a hugh liar, con artist and inventor himself, but he tries to use his skills to help those who have been taken advantage of by others He wants to help Ada by guarding her invention and keeping ...more
Donna Foster
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked the first book in this series. This new one is even better I like the two scientists getting together I didn't think Edison was that noticeable but in this book he was awesome and Ada who is perfect for him this author keeps getting better and better I can't wait for her next one in this series hope it's Briar but I'll settle for any of them this was steamy but not overdone it was a nice touch a Romance and mystery you'll be surprised who the villain was!
Annette Drewett
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Edison and Ada’s story. Two brilliant scientists struggle to come to terms with their feelings for each other. I was intrigued by the attitude of other male scientists of the period to a woman who succeeded where they couldn’t. Once again, the Restitution League comes to the rescue. This is a great addition to the series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Space Cowgirl
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lighting 💡The Way to 💘Love
London 1881
Well known Rake, Edison Sweet🐺🍆🌋🔫🔪, his sister, Briar, their cousin Meena, and Meena's rakish husband, Spencer🐺🍆🌋, call themselves the Restitution League. They steal back things for people that have been victimized.

A man appears at their business, claiming to be A. Templeton, victim of a theft of his invention. When Edison🐺🍆🌋🔫🔪 realizes he's a fraud, he goes searching for the real A Templeton, and finds out its a woman!

ARC Received from Booksprout🌱
The book w
Kety
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic story that will entertainment you until the last page!
A romance full of intrigue, suspense and strong characters.
You will love the story between the hero and heroine and kept to see what will happened.
I'm looking forward to read new story from the author.
I received a free book and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Lena
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-book-folder
* I was given an ARC copy in exchange of an honest review*
3.5 stars! This is well written, and it's the perfect combination between adventure and romance. The victorian elements are present but do not suffocate the story and all the minor characters are incredibly well developed.
Both the heroine and the hero are flawed, imperfect characters that struggle to find their footing as they fall for each other and they ran away from danger. I love that, while slightly fast, they both have traits that
ShariB
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the second installment of The Restitution League, Riley Cole has done fantastic job of composing the love story between Ada and Edison. I found myself laughing or smiling at the interplay between them. An electrical tale with suspense, intrigue, humor, action, and a strong female lead. HEA, stand alone story with no cheating. With her writing, Riley Cole brings her characters and the ambiance of the time and place to life making them lovable, believable and three dimensional.
I look forward t
Cheryl
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a captivating read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a good mix of scientific discoveries, mystery, adventure and romance. I must admit it had me guessing who the villain was until the end. The main characters are Edison Sweet and Ada Templeton but the rest of Edwin’s family and staff also play a part. It was good to catch up with them all. Edwin and Ada have an instant attraction but can they act upon it, given their backgrounds? I love the fact that all the women are strong, intelli ...more
Quinn Fforde
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good adventure story. I liked Edison and Ada, and I liked following the other characters. I enjoyed this story more than the first book because there was less overt violence. It was more about figuring out the next move and such.
Candy Briggs
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Edison Sweet is a dissembler, belongs to the restitution league and a scientist. He has a lot of skills that he uses to those who need it. In the League there, is Meena, Nelly, Crane, Spencer, Mr. Hapgood, Mrs. Hapgood, Briar and later in the story Henry joins them. Ada Templeton was married to Harrison, but he died. She is a chemical scientist and loves what she does.
I really enjoyed the banter between the characters, It could be very humorous. There is also intrigue, betrayal, and danger. So m
Ann Holden
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars. This is an interesting story about a brilliant woman in a time when women didn’t “understand” science. I liked Ada but I fell in love with Edison right from the start. Poor Ada just wants to share her invention, but someone is trying to kill her. The story kept me trying to figure out who the bad guy would turn out to be. This is my first from this author and I am looking forward to more from her. Good job!
I received a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily leaving my
Veronica A Pitts
A Big Thumbs Up

I enjoyed this story of mystery and intriguing caricatures. This was the first time reading a book by this author, but I am happy that I chose
This second book in the series.
Deborah Carter
Mjspice
Mar 07, 2018
William I. Lowry
Mar 13, 2018

The Restitution League (3 books)
  • Rejecting the Rogue (The Restitution League, #1)
  • Daring the Detective (Restitution League Series Book 3)