Start by marking “Blood Money (Alice Worth #1.75)” as Want to Read:
Blood Money (Alice Worth #1.75)

Blood Money

(Alice Worth #1.75)

Previous cover edition for ASIN B077KJK579
For all editions see here

Charles Vaughan has always had great taste in women, and the Vampire Court's newest investigator, Alice Worth, looks very tasty indeed.

After an epidemic of attacks by newly risen vampires terrorizes the city, authorities pressure Charles Vaughan and the Vampire Court to determine who is responsible. Complic
Published February 13th 2018 by Lisa Edmonds, Author

To ask other readers questions about Blood Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Money

Start your review of Blood Money (Alice Worth #1.75)
Stacey is Sassy
Then Alice walked in…

There’s always a little part of me that’s nervous about reading follow up books from a debut author that I’ve rated high. I absolutely LOVED Heart of Malice and was completely sucked in. Could I get the same high from subsequent books? Is the author going to be a one-hit wonder? Maybe I just got the timing right when I read the first book? Well, even though the two books I’ve read since the first have been shorties, I still managed to get that buzz and finish on a high.

Don’t
Carvanz
Charles Vaughn, a member of the Vampire Court, has his hands full with someone creating rogues, a hunter that isn’t strictly sticking to the rules and a mob of reality television viewers who have taken it upon themselves to help capture said rogues. When his usual mage isn’t able to help in the investigation, he brings in the mage’s trainee.

This is serious business and Charles is reluctant to believe Alice can help in any real capacity. However, when little by little she opens the case, his int
Annika
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

This is how you write a companion novella that actually adds substance to the main series.
Absolutely loved it.

Charles Vaughan is such an intriguing, complex character. Getting a glimpse into this mysterious mind of his, witnessing his odd thought process, and learning about his weird obsession with Alice and how he became the man he is was eye-opening and incredibly entertaining.
Seeing Alice's bad-assery from another's POV and how she got into the PI business was just the icing on the cake.

Team
Maira
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Few days ago someone was telling me that humans have a certain affinity due to which different things attach themselves to them. I asked for example, that person told me, "Muslim believe that there are two angles on their both shoulders who keep record of their each deed. Similarly other beings (not from our plane) or energies (if you understand metaphysics) sometimes come in synchronization with human frequencies and stay there. They don't necessary bother you but they are there."

This is the v
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Susan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always love these prequel type novellas and especially love that’s it’s in Charles point of view. Now we know the background of Charles & Alice. Can’t wait for more!
Ewa Fura
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review… and I loved it!!!!!

If you like reading about vampires – this book is for you.
If you like good detective stories - this book is for you.

description

It was a good novella, with interesting plot twists. The part of the story is told by Charles, so we can understand him better - as a vampire and as a man.

The two previous books in the Heart of Malice series were quite fun to read, but I was afraid the love triangle would be cliché. Now I think it may act
Edeena Cross
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive this book prior to release through my newsletter subscription to the author’s website. I made myself re-read Heart of Malice before I started on this prequel and was glad that I did.

In this story, we learn more of Charles and Alice’s backstories, and it was great to get more information on those things that are hinted at in Heart of Malice. Whilst you don’t need to read this story you will WANT to, and I inhaled it once I started. Now, the wait is on for Heart of Fi
Emma James
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always knew there was more to Charles than was being let on in Heart of Malice. I was watching him closely, his actions and I did pick up on what he did in the first book.
The plot thickens.
Michelle
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm often skeptical about reading added points of view, especially this early on in a series I love. This broke the mold a bit - a complete storyline that filled in a lot of blanks (even ones you didn't know needed filling), more parallel stories, layers, and character development. Essential reading for the Alice Worth fan. ...more
Jana Gundy
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even the short stories are excellent!

I’m completely blown away with this author’s writing. I mean, this is a short story about Charles and meeting Alice for the first time and it was so good! There was no skimping the story line or skipping over details even in this novella. I loved every word and now know what is going on in Charles’ head.
Marsha
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Blood Money “ is simply incredible! This story is a novella that takes place after the first book in The Alice Worth series,”Heart of Malice.” You would think that the story would be told from the standpoint of Alice’s POV; however, this is Charles story when he first meets Alice.

First and foremost, in my humble opinion most novellas don’t really provide you with a lot of additional information about the characters. However, this little gem was like a whole novel in itself. We learn of the situ
Blaise Ramsay
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vintagebooklvr
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
3 1/2 stars. It took me a little while to get into this story. There were a lot of different characters that were introduced and no trace of the character this series was named for. That was a draw back. But it got better and is a nice introduction to the series without spoilers for the important things. In the end, an intriguing start, enough for me to immediately start the first book in the series.
Meg
I listen to audio books. This narrator was awful. Thankfully, I see that the next installment has a different narrator. So far, I like the story enough to continue the series.
Boundless Book Reviews
This is the prequel to Heart of Malice, however reading after would probably be best.  I usually like to read things in order.  With this one, published order works better.  You get to know Alice and love her in HOM and see what she is dealing with the vampires and Charles.  Then in Blood Money, which is told from Charles’s POV we get to see his true motives.  Oh is he ruthless and duplicities!  Alice is wise to be leery and cautious of him.

“There really was no better profession for a vampire
Aarati
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I accidentally came across this series on an FB group and went searching the depths of Kindle Unlimited for it. Blood Money is such a great introduction to the Alice Worth series. We are introduced to a whole lot of characters in this including a vampire Charles Vaughn, the protagonist of the series Alice Worth and other possible friends and enemies for the rest of the series.

I loved Alice's character. She had a painful past which is obvious in her interactions. She is sarcastic, direct and unf
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved loved getting an inside look into Charles Vaughan!! He piqued my interest from book one and he did not disappoint. There’s more to this sexy powerful vampire. This story was a wild ride from beginning to end. Danger, rogue vamps, and even more danger? YES PLEASE!! Did I also mention some kick butt magic? It was also awesome to see Alice from a different point of view. The story was fantastic! Well written and kept me on my toes. There are some twists and some definite surprises….yeah ...more
Sydney
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a proper novella that actually had a plot and even a big reveal at the end (unlike the previous short story in this series).

It was interesting to see Alice not long after she first escaped. She was much cagier. It was also cool to see how her behavior comes across from an outside perspective. It is clear that she is much more blunt to other without her inner dialog justifying her behavior.

I’m glad the ghost story was thrown in for free at the end because it was equally as pointless and
Dallass
An interesting flashback to how it all began.

This filled in a few of the blanks I had while reading the series. How did Charles and Alice meet, how did he become obsessed with her, and who the hell he was meeting in book one when he canceled their meeting in the first book (when she first encountered Sean).

A fast paced fun read that had me wishing it was longer.

3.5 stars ⭐️
Shell
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series. This novella is a little prequel to book 1 Heart of Malice in the Alice Worth series followed by a very short story post book one.
It’s a great universe with a fascinating main and supplemental characters.
And it’s free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers.
Yay! Now on to the other novella then book 2.
Scarlett
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want more!!!

I loved being able to see how Alice and Charles first net and her early relationship with Mark!!! Really great novella. Now that I’ve got a hint into Charles mind I need more! There are so many scenes I would love to see from his point of you. It was also great to read a bit about Malcom and the Ghost 101. No “fowl” there!
Isis
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Solid Prequel

This prequel offers a nice look at the relationship between Alice and the vampire, Charles Vaughn. It is written from Charle's point of view and explains his motivations nicely. It also sets up some potentially interesting future events.
Anita
How Alice met and impressed vampire Charles, the start of his long game to possess her, a mystery around rogue vampires, and a social commentary on bigotry. Should be read AFTER book one in the series.
Arlene
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
funny

A great way to see via for side of what her books are about From a different perspective.. You can really tell what a great job she did with our characters because Charles seems the same no matter what
Gloria
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read

I love the Alice Worth novels.. The series moves quickly with great action, great characters, and an excellent plot line. I couldn't put the books down once I started reading them.
Lyssa Sue Shaffer
Excellent

A retro Alice that let me see her first meeting with Charles. Characters have depth and flaws. The mystery is important. The pacing is tight without feeling rushed.

Now I am going to have to re-read the series. Oh how dreadful... Not!
M.A.SPRIGGS
A good read

This is a nice well written short story. It was a bit slow to start off with but once Alice !are her appearance it got exciting very quickly. I also enjoyed the extra story at the end - quirky and fun.
Gina Marie ~books are my drug of choice~
So good

To give you a hint how good this book is I just finished the series a few days ago. Found this prequel novella tonight, read it and now I want to read the series again. That would have me reading this series twice in less than a week.

• Sabotaged (Sundance, #3)
  • Earp & Chandra (Sundance, #2.5)
  • Echoed Defiance (Jacky Leon, #4)
  • Shades of Hate (Jacky Leon, #5)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Summoned (Sundance, #2)
  • Spiked (Sundance #1)
  • Midnight Smoke (Firebrand, #3)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Three Half Goats Gruff (Valkyrie Bestiary #0.5)
  • Shattered (Sundance #4)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta, #4)
Lisa Edmonds was born and raised in Kansas. A graduate of Buhler High School, she studied English and forensic criminology at Wichita State University. After acquiring her Bachelor’s degree, she considered a career in law enforcement as a behavioral analyst before earning a Master's from Wichita State and then a Ph.D. in English from Texas A&M University.

She is currently an associate professor of

Alice Worth (7 books)
  • Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, #1)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Heart of Ice (Alice Worth, #3)
  • Heart of Stone (Alice Worth, #4)
  • Heart of Shadows (Alice Worth, #5)
  • Heart of Vengeance (Alice Worth, #6)
  • Heart of Lies (Alice Worth 7)