Start by marking “Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs” as Want to Read:
Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs

Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs

(Samantha Spinner #2)

In her first adventure, Samantha discovered that the old umbrella her Uncle left her when he went missing holds the plans for a super-secret network of transit systems that covers the globe.

But Uncle Paul is still missing. And Samantha just received a new gift from him: a pair of strange purple sunglasses. Are they another powerful present? A clue to his whereabouts? Or j
Published March 12th 2019 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs

Start your review of Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs
Nicole M. Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This book picks up right where the first book left off with Samantha trying to unravel the new clues her uncle has left for her. She thought she’d rid herself of the bad guys who were searching for her umbrella, but she soon discovers that there are many more. This time she’s being pursued by evil pancake-wielding clowns with ultra-sensitive noses (yep, you read that right). As you can imagine, craziness ensues.

I loved
Gabrielle Viszs
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un livre de ma HAL qui est enfin lu, youpi !! Bon j'avoue que celui-ci n'est pas resté très longtemps contrairement à d'autres qui attendent encore un peu. Mon fils devait le lire et puis avec le confinement, le fait d'avoir les cours à la maison en direct par écran interposé, il a préféré attendre un peu. Je peux le comprendre vu qu'il a déjà les lectures obligatoires. Bref il n'y aura que mon avis, mais pas de panique je suis une grande enfant ! Le livre est aussi beau que le premier, couvertu ...more
Becky B
Samantha Spinner and her little brother Nipper have uncovered the secrets of the umbrella Uncle Paul left her and evaded the RAIN. But now she's found a pair of purple sunglasses in the table leg at home and a warning to watch out for the SUN. The glasses lead her and Nipper on further world travels while they try to figure out where Uncle Paul has gone (because they are now pretty sure he isn't dead). Meanwhile, their older sister is insisting the family help with her Broadway show since her pr ...more
Anita McDivitt Barrios
We entered this series on book #2. I had super-high hopes for chinchilla chicanery, but then little brother Nipper brings home a komodo dragon and ...let me go back to the beginning.

Samantha gets a gift from a most unlikely source -- Uncle Paul. Unlikely, because he's still missing. It's a pair of purple spectacles (fancy word for glasses), and they reveal a pneumatic tube in the table leg marked PSST. In the tube is a message from "Horace": Watch out for the SUN.

She promptly sends a message bac
Darla
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is very creative and clever and I loved having the Spinner parents more involved in the plot this time. In this second book in the series, there are clowns everywhere instead of ninjas. The clowns are just as mean and nasty as the ninjas and really gross in their own way. A little too high on the yuck meter for me, but I am not the intended audience. Unfortunately the puzzles and extra content were not included in the digital ARC I reviewed, although I am assuming the added value wil ...more
Pam
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book began painfully slowly and suffered early from second book in a series.
However, the plot line picked up and the action moved quicker for the second two-thirds of the book. The story is interesting and readers will enjoy the unbelievable methods of travel and ridiculous villains.
I don't care for the stereotyped characters but feel Ginns offered hints of further character development to come. Equally, I don't like how the main character, Samantha, treats her younger brother. Hopefully, t
Khanh
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that even though I hadn't read the first one--thus there's a lot I don't understand--I still instantly loved. Samantha and her brother are hilarious, creative, fun, and brave. I laughed so hard during many of the scenes involving the clowns.

I think this could be a book I want to reread someday, and I definitely must read the first book sooner than later.
Brenda
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A silly, fun mystery adventure that takes us from Seattle to NYC to Mali then Lima and back to the states. Scarlett Hydrangea is still planning to become a star. Nipper is still hoping to earn back his lost team and Samantha is hoping to find her missing uncle while defeating SUN, First they had to defeat RAIN, now SUN and next WIND - or so it seems.
Michelle
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Samantha uses her strange purple sunglasses and the super-secret map of the world hidden in the red umbrella to fight the SUN and find Uncle Paul. This fast-paced adventure is filled with unexpected events, exotic travel, fun facts, wacky characters, and puzzles to be solved.
Ginns will be at the 2019 Harbor Springs Festival of the Book in Harbor Springs, MI
Wensday
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The second book of this series was as fun to read as the first book and I look forward to more in the series. I love the fantasy and imagination that was put into this story. I suggest before reading book 2 that you read book 1.

I received this from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Parker De
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zany and action packed.
Now, Samantha and her brother are exploring the world... chased by mean clowns with hypersensitive senses of smell.
What does "Watch out for the SUN" mean?
It all leads to a big showdown, on stage...on Broadway!
The story is getting twice as big, and just as funny.
Pug Lover
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha and her funny brother are back again. More silly adventures!
Therea
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this as much as the first in the series.
Now Samantha goes to Mali, Indonesia and Peru.

(I got the advanced reader copy.)
PWRL
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book.
Patty C
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got the advance review copy of this book.
I loved the first book in the series.
This one is almost twice as long... and twice as funny!

(I love any book with unicorns.)
Andréa
Note: I received a signed copy of this book from the publisher at ALA Annual 2019.
Jennifer Gravender carlson
Aug 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Where's My Turtle?
  • Free Lunch
  • The Minor Third (The Magic Misfits, #3)
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • The Fowl Twins (The Fowl Twins, #1)
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner, #2)
  • Ghost Squad
  • Guts
  • Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor
  • Stargazing
  • The Dastardly Deed (The League of Beastly Dreadfuls, #2)
  • Game of Stars (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #2)
  • The Bridge Home
  • The Revenge of Magic (The Revenge of Magic, #1)
  • Mindscape (The Ability, #2)
  • So This is Love
  • The League of Beastly Dreadfuls (The League of Beastly Dreadfuls, #1)
Russell Ginns is a writer and game designer who specializes in puzzles, songs and smart fun. He has worked on projects for a wide variety of organizations and publications, including Sesame Workshop, Nintendo, Scientific American and the Girl Scouts of America. He is the author of “Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs” and his newest, “Samantha Spinner and the Super-Secret Plans” (Delacorte) ...more

Samantha Spinner (4 books)
  • Samantha Spinner and the Super Secret Plans (Samantha Spinner, #1)
  • Samantha Spinner and the Boy in the Ball