Start by marking “Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)

Deal Maker

(Mixed Messages #2)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  1,975 Ratings  ·  362 Reviews
Sometimes your mouth makes deals that your heart can’t honour.

Jude is a highly successful model, but a very reluctant one. His life is full of casual hook-ups with pretty men in glamorous locations, but it’s still empty. However, circumstances decreed a long time ago that this was his path, so he’s resolutely stayed on it and accepted his fate with good grace. He made a de
Published December 22nd 2017 by Lily Morton

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I didn't read Rule Breaker, a decision I'm regretting since I loved Dylan and Gabe in this book. Dylan's interactions with Jude were hilarious, but then again this is the funniest book I've read in a long, long time.

Seriously, I was giggling like a lunatic, to the point that my dogs were giving me the Mom Is Crazy look. Any book that can make me laugh like that is a WIN, but Deal Maker is more than just humour, snark, and banter (although it has all three in spades!).

The MCs are complex and fu
☆ Todd
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Okay, apologies in advance, but let the profuse gushing begin! : )

I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

As much as I enjoyed "Rule Breaker," this story was so up my reading tastes alley that, for me, "Deal Maker" blew the first book completely out of the water.

Jude was a 29 y.o., fun-loving, irreverent, underwear model and best friend to Dylan (from book 1) since they were in nursery school together. But when his upstairs neighbor's bath tub was suddenly dropped into his bedroom, he found himself without a plac
Judith
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

I was really looking forward to getting Jude's story after he was introduced in Rule Breaker and he was just as delicious as I thought he'd be.

Jude Bailey,29,model.Quick witted,beautiful but there's a lot more to Jude than people first think when meeting him.He's given up on letting any man get too close to him.When he puts his family commitments first men tend to walk again so he's happy with no strings sex

Asa Jacobs,44,actor,father with a strong sense of family.He's been burned in love
~Mindy Lynn~

5 Stars!

An amazing book to end my year with.

I was beyond thrilled when I learned Jude would not only being getting his own book, but that his would be coming out next. I loved him from the first book and couldn't wait to see where his story would take him. I was VERY pleased where it went. I loved that we got plenty of Gabe and Dylan as well. It was funny how Jude came off like their wayward son. Jude and Dylan were as entertaining in this book as they were in the first book. I love their friend
Wendy

I abolutely loved the previous book ...... , so I could not wait to get my grabby hands on this one. I finished it in one go...I don't even think I took a pee break, that's how much I enjoyed this one ;)

34yzkbc.jpg (500×348)

Now for those of you haven't read Rule Breaker, no worries, this one can be read as a stand alone. I don't know why you would want to do this....but it's possible :P

Jude was introduced in the previous book as Dylan's best friend. He's a model, but other than that we didn't get to know a lot about
Shile loves books
This Book!

description

5++++++++++++++++++ stars for this amazing book!

I LOVED IT

I laughed, i swooooned, i did fan-self so many times and laughed some more.

description

I had a blast during my vacation time.

Jude and Asa’s connection/chemistry and the banter was so amazing and on point that I kept rereading the chapters.

Billy! Billy! What an amazing 5 years old character. He was well written just your normal 5-year-old, the best child character i have ever read.....and the way they clicked with Jude was wonderful to read.
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dear Ms Lily Morton,
Your humour is just sublime. So much so, you are no longer an author to me. Instead, you are now a Legend.
Thank you.
Devoted Reader
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

“My Jude. My best friend, my lover and my heart.”

This book made me swoon! And I don't friggin swoon!!!

Jude is a reluctant model, working the career because it pays well. When his apartment gets flooded, he needs a place to stay other than the sex filled apartment of his best friend. A fellow model gives him a tip, leading Jude to actor Asa.

Asa loathes models, everything they stand for. So when he takes Jude in he makes it clear he thinks Jude is dumb and self involved because of h
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
BR review w/my girl Lost

You know those book experiences where from the start you can't stop smiling? That was me from the start, a déjà vu of Rule Breaker, so I completely agree with Lost about this author now moving into auto-buy territory. I found myself, yet again, having separation anxiety from Asa and Jude just as I did with Gabe and Dylan. So as soon as I finished it I immediately went to read the extra on her website and here I sit still feeling the loss. Lily Morton sprinkled her sparkl
Nazanin
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m-romance
4.25 Stars

Unlike Rule Breaker that was full of angst, this one was very low on it (almost angst-free) but so so so funny! Oh, you couldn’t guess how I laughed hard! Every time Jude opened his mouth or Billy did something, I laughed out loud or smiled! I loved these three characters. They were so perfect. I loved Billy (Asa’s five-year-old boy), he was so so adorable and cute!

We met Jude in Rule Breaker, he was Dylan’s best friend. He’s a model. When a gap opening in his ceiling and a bath fell t
Christelle
**4 unexpected but deserved stars**

It’s no mystery I was in the minority regarding Rule Breaker as I didn’t find it humorous at all. And to be honest, the introduction of this book made me fear that it would go the same way.

So, I was deliciously pleased (and relieved) that the ridiculness stopped fast and made way to banter, witt and tease to compliment this swooning building of a relationship between Jude, as beautiful as he’s kind and fun, Asa, with a big personality and a bigger heart, and B
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Still funny*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 06.04.2018
This book was still so cute and funny. I adore the characters and I like the storyline. Of course, I don't remember if I felt like something was missing the first time reading it, but I do know. I just want more, I guess. Overall, I enjoyed this re-read, but sorry to say that the rating did go down a bit.

New Rating - 3/3.5 stars
Dia
5 stars
Image result for gif painful men

I loved this one! The writing was amazing. I fell hard for this author after reading Rule Breaker. Both books are great.
Lily Morton's writing style makes you feel like you can read on and on without getting bored for a second. And what makes a book amazing for me would be the banter between the main characters. I love laughing while reading and this author surely knows how to make me laugh.

This book is a stand-alone, but I'd recommend you to read Rule Breaker before, because: 1) it was
Meags
5 Stars

For the uproarious laughter, the happy tears, and the constant state of dopey grinning, I’m dishing out full stars to this instant favourite.

I had a grand old time reading Rule Breaker, and as such, this (unfathomably-not-marked-as-a-sequel) sequel had a lot to live up to. But, oh boy, did it surpass my every expectation effortlessly.

The love story between MCs Jude (the relationship weary model) and Asa (the single father actor) progressed so perfectly, starting off with a bit of an enem
Fabi
Witt, humor, snark galore. I spent the first part of this book laughing like a lunatic.

Asa is a movie star, Billy is his five-year old son and Jude is a Calvin Klein underwear model that barrells into their life to liven things up.

Oh my goodness, Jude made me laugh so hard at the beginning of the book.

There are also some great secondary characters. A shout out to to Peggy and Amos who are servants friends living with Asa.

It's a fairly long novel at over 350 pages. I admit I had more fun during
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

I loved Jude, Asa and Billy!! ♥ ♥

The quote at the beginning of the book beautifully lays the groundwork for the journey the reader is embarking on.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

I'm really glad that Lily Morton didn't go down the whole misunderstanding and angsty route with this book, which she could have very easily done.

Instead this book was sweet and funny and heartwarming and quirky and just downright f
Jewel
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ever since I read Rule Breaker, I've been keeping my eye out for new books by this author. Rule Breaker had some epic banter and I was hoping the trend would continue -- and it did!

Deal Maker is about family and friendship and learning how to let go of responsibilities that aren't yours and learning that you, too, can find happiness. That you deserve to find happiness.

I really enjoyed Jude's voice and his general approach to life. He may seem like he doesn't take anything too seriously, but the
.Lili.

Boy did Deal Maker by Lily Morton, have some tough shoes to follow. For me, Rule Maker, its predecessor, burst out of nowhere to make it on everyone's favorite of the year lists. I was equal parts excited and nervous; I mean I didn't want to be disappointed if it didn't measure up. Well, not only did it measure up but I loved it more. It had a more emotional, softer side than Rule Maker, but it also still had the same hilarious, biting banter.

We have two men who have been hurt. One is carrying
Dani
Oh, my, my. I was super excited when I saw that Jude’s book was finally out! Dylan’s story was absolutely brilliant and I knew Mrs. Morton wouldn’t disappoint me with Jude.

Jude, Asa, and Billy made this story so worthwhile. They were real, funny and the chemistry between them was natural. They made me fall in love with each one of them and made me laugh so hard more than once. Boy, oh, boy, I absolutely love Mrs. Morton’s dark and subtle humor.

Seriously, the banter was amazing! That’s one of t
Elsa Bravante
Me temo que voy a estar en minoría otra vez. Los personajes están bien, la historia supongo que también, pero está todo llevado de forma demasiado superficial, fácil, le falta profundidad y un toque menos de cursilería.
Para un rato, nada más. Entretenido.
Jan
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 Stars
Dimitri
"You can be my Pa forever. That's awfully nice, isn't it?" OMG OMG OMG OMG

This was SOOOOO much better than The Book That Shall Not Be Named (aka Rule Breaker). If anybody has read my review for that one you will know I was NOT a fan of that book, in fact I still have nightmares about Gabe and his ugly personality. This one hit all the right spots I am actually crying because THIS is how the first one should've of went thank you Lily Morton. Best part of the book:

The Main Characters: OH MY FUCK
Chris
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, favorites
I adored this book - warm, intelligent and clever. Jude,Asa and Billy made for a beautiful story about finding love and learning to trust. I read this in one hit so that’s always a 5 Star for me. There was so much I enjoyed about this family, perhaps the fact that it felt genuine, there was no plastic falseness to these people - for me they felt like people I would love to hang out with. Really enjoyed it ❤❤❤ ...more
Lost in a Book
BR with Cupcake

4.5 Stars

Well Ladies and Gents, it’s official- Lily Morton has been added to my automatic author list. If she writes it, I’ll read it.

I really enjoyed this story with Jude and Asa along with the frequent appearances from the fabulous Dylan and Gabe.

I loved almost everything about Jude. He’s sassy, loyal, loving, funny, and intelligent. When his ceiling caves in from water damage, he’s directed to visit Asa for possible boarding in exchange for being his assistant. And man did Ju
Ky
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018, buddy-read
Deal Maker is set in the same universe as Rule Breaker with characters crossing over between the two stories, but it can be read as a standalone. However, I don't advise you to do that for the simple reason that you would be missing out on an amazing story. So, just read both of them even though you don't have to in order for the stories to make sense.

This is the story of Jude and Asa, two very different people and at the same time so alike. Both are averted to forming a serious relationship, be
Renée
So hard to review this book. I'm trying really hard NOT to compare it to Deal Breaker, but it's almost impossible. Lily Morton hit it out of the park with that book! So this one had big shoes to fill.

Did I like it? Absolutely.

I highlighted the hell out of this book with the comedic gold available. It's different than the banter from Rule Breaker.

The relationship development and character building were on point.

There was some of the grit from Book 1 missing in this one, but I didn't feel bereft
haletostilinski
5+++++ and beyond stars!

description

THIS WAS PERFECT! Oh man it was so so so good! I can't asfhaksjfh I stayed up superrr fucking late to finish this because I just could NOT. PUT. iT. DOWN.

I loved this so much, I loved it even more than the first book, which was pretty fucking good. But oh man, this...THIS! <333

From the start I was laughing my ass off, and I continued to laugh frequently throughout the rest of the novel. Jude is so freaking hilarious - the reply letter at the beginning of each chapter w
Lily lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.
She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else would she get to spend her time with ho

Mixed Messages (3 books)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
“My Jude. My best friend, my lover and my heart.” 2 likes
“Everyone is entitled to love who they want, and people aren’t weird just because of who they love. No one is weird.” 1 likes