Start by marking “Dare to Tri: My Journey from the BBC Breakfast Sofa to GB Team Triathlete” as Want to Read:
Dare to Tri: My Journey from the BBC Breakfast Sofa to GB Team Triathlete

Dare to Tri: My Journey from the BBC Breakfast Sofa to GB Team Triathlete

Dare to Tri is the amazing story of TV presenter Louise Minchin's journey from the BBC Breakfast sofa to representing Great Britain at the World Triathlon Championships. This is a warmly written and wonderfully honest adventure-through-sport that will both entertain and inspire.

'I didn't even know what a triathlon was before 2012… When I took up the sport three years ago
Published July 3rd 2018 by Bloomsbury Sport

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Tri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Tri

Start your review of Dare to Tri: My Journey from the BBC Breakfast Sofa to GB Team Triathlete
Gemma Vincent
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Funny, very honest account of Louise's triathlon journey. Very inspiring read, I even braved my cleats for the first time in almost a year after reading this book!
Liz Moffat
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
An inspirational and easy read. Louise Minchin took part in a challenge for BBC Breakfast in 2012 with her co-presenters. It was to ride the velodrome, a scary prospect. But Louise loved it so much and, having been a strong swimmer in her teenage years, decided to try a triathlon. This was the start of a journey for her which she is still enjoying. She discovered she was good for her age group in the sport and went on to enter the European and World championships for her age group. I loved this ...more
Juliet Mike
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm aware of Louise Minchin as a TV presenter but I had no idea that she did triathlons. And at such a high level.

I greatly admire her sporting ability (in three disciplines), her guts, her resilience and her determination.
This book is an enjoyable read and really gives you a feel for the joy and benefits that training and competing in sport can bring, as well as the emotional and physical demands it makes. It was most interesting to me as I am the same age as LM and took up competitive
Jamie Bowen
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Louise Minchin is a busy lady, BBC presenter, mother and wife but a Christmas TV challenge for BBC Breakfast made her life become a little bit more busier. That challenge cycling around the Manchester Velodrome and competing against her fellow presenters, it re-ignited Louise's passion for sport. This is her story, the hard work, the failures, the successes and how she became a Team GB Triathlete. An inspirational story, showing how if you put your mind to something you can achieve great things.
Nicole Cairney
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this and it is not the type of book I am usually into. I love the down to earth honesty that comes through. It’s not an excuse for how she lives but a celebration of the struggles and achievements pertaining to part of her life. Not sure if I will dare to tri but I do feel like trying to get into something.
Mrs Tina M Terry
Although I don't think I will be doing any triathlons, I enjoyed reading about Louise's journey and am inspired to set my own goals.

It has also helped me have an understanding of the rules of the triathlon system so can be calmer when my son takes part.

A brilliant read and helped me complete my goodreads challenge for 2019!
Jo Locke
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally enjoyable and inspiring read

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this book and it has inspired me to look further into triathlon...& even maybe a marathon. One day I hope to try! I think that is the essence of this book...it doesn’t matter what speed you do it, just go and do it, and importantly, enjoy it. Which is great encouragement for those like me. Can’t wait!
Hannah Falconer
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great wee read and very inspirational to hear her story. I would have liked to read more about her training but great to hear how she tackles getting through the tough times mentally and how she motivates herself. I'd love to read another one now that's she's competed in both Patagonman and Norseman!
Runningrara
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
A tad too normal to be wowzers inspiring. This could be as I have competed in a lot of the same events so the long narratives were a bit dull, (though obviously the World Champs have eluded me somewhat.)
Deborah Ashton
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book i have ever read !!!

You really do feel like you are on the journey with her.
I've already recommended this book to people.
I really hope she brings another book out and I wish her every success in the future.

Keep Tri ing !!!!!
Em Faulkner
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: running
A really gripping and inspiring read

Well written and compelling, this book charts Louise's triathlon journey from start to present.
I started reading it hoping it would inspire me to get back out running.
Madamedupin
Picked this up by chance and enjoyed it as a quick read. Interested in the triathlon journey at over 40 and it made a good read event by event. Sometimes irritating the way she didn’t read the rules or forgot things but I guess she’s being honest (why wouldn’t you read the rules??). Worth a read.
Janice Williams
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring.
Sharon
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reading

A great read, well worth it if your starting out in the world of triathlon, shows that everyone has fears
Lozzer Turner
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you need some inspiration, this is the book
Doris Kropf
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational for those taking up a sport they love later in life.
Lottie Lou
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It has some brilliant tips
Jo
Feb 24, 2019
Cath
Apr 29, 2019
Bau5
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2019
Chris Muzzall
Dec 23, 2018

• The Pants of Perspective: One Woman's 3,000 Kilometre Running Adventure through the Wilds of New Zealand
  • Running Up That Hill: The Highs and Lows of Going That Bit Further
  • Up: My Life’s Journey to the Top of Everest
  • Your Pace or Mine?: What Running Taught Me About Life, Laughter and Coming Last
  • 50 Shades of the USA: One Woman's 11,000 Mile Cycling Adventure Through Every State of America
  • The Rise of the Ultra Runners: A Journey to the Edge of Human Endurance
  • This Girl Ran
  • Eat, Drink, Run: How I Got Fit Without Going Too Mad
  • Beyond Impossible: From Reluctant Runner to Guinness World Record Breaker
  • Running For My Life: My 26.2 Mile Journey to Health and Happiness
  • Swim, Bike, Run: Our Triathlon Story
  • Run, Ride, Sink or Swim: A year in the exhilarating and addictive world of women's triathlon
  • A Life Without Limits: A World Champion's Journey
  • The Tour According to G: My Journey to the Yellow Jersey
  • Jog On: How Running Saved My Life
  • Step by Step
  • Chasing Kona: From back of the pack smoker to racing the Ironman World Championships in Kona
  • Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon