Start by marking “An Incomplete History Of World War I” as Want to Read:
An Incomplete History Of World War I

An Incomplete History Of World War I

'An Incomplete History of World War I' focuses on poignant events ranging from little-known episodes in major Western Front battles to the valiant exploits of outlandish individuals on the remote frontiers of the conflict.
Unknown Binding, 208 pages
Published by Not Avail (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about An Incomplete History Of World War I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Incomplete History Of World War I

Karen
Apr 23, 2012 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wwi, history, read-2012
Each standalone chapter is basically a snapshot of different aspects of the war -- the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, gas attacks, lake battles in Africa, naval warfare, the invention of the tank, the beginnings of the Bolshevik revolution in Russia, the toll of the flu epidemic of 1918 -- and each one is interesting, entertaining, and engaging. As the title makes clear, the book doesn't attempt to be a comprehensive history, but it does a great job giving the reader a feel for the scope o ...more
Aaron
Jul 24, 2010 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While wars are major historical events that move in ways that can defy understanding, all wars are fought by people. There are people on the front lines, people in the rear areas, people making strategic and political decisions, and people trying desperately to avoid all the rest. This book, as you may be able to guess from the name, is not a full history of World War I. Nor does it try to be. Instead, this book is a collection of 24 short stories about people. Many of these stories are about sp ...more
Robert
Jan 05, 2008 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really interesting book filled with unusual short stories on World War One. It is an easy read yet filled with interesting facts many of which I was unfamiliar with, even considering I am a student of the conflict.

Interesting facts like that the day the Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie were shot was also their wedding anniversary and how the German thrust on Paris was halted by French troops travelling to the front by taxi all make the book a very interesting read.

If you a
Jeremy
May 19, 2009 Jeremy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
A fascinating book on WWI. Each of the 24 chapters focuses on an incident or facet of the war, including how taxis saved Paris, the Christmas armistice, poison gas, and Hitler's first war. It was an engrossing read.
Sara
Apr 13, 2008 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially I chose this book to get the complete concept of World War I.
It turned out to be a book based more on trivia than on major battles and concepts, making it an interesting, though indeed incomplete, history of WWI.
Richard
Nov 27, 2011 Richard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military, history
A very interesting book that gives the reader a chapter size dose of World War I. Each chapter is dedicated to an incident or environment very essential to understanding of this history altering war. All chapters are thoroughly captivating.

Worth the time invested in reading and richer for it.
Brian
Mar 25, 2009 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brief stories from WWI--not a history, but rather vignettes involving interesting people and events.
Timothy
a little too incomplete to make sense
Will Hollis
Will Hollis rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Carlos Gomez
Carlos Gomez rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2008
John Susi
John Susi rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Oscar Power
Oscar Power rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2015
Edward Peggs
Edward Peggs rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
Mike Prochot
Mike Prochot rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Debra Hennessey
Debra Hennessey rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Clara
Clara rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
Brian S. Wise
Brian S. Wise rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Jose Delacruz
Jose Delacruz rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Jocelyn Sabori
Jocelyn Sabori rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2009
Jerry Teipen
Jerry Teipen rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Sharon Coward
Sharon Coward rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2009
Tim
Jan 10, 2008 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Good little bit-sized morsels of WWI history. yum.
Chris Douglas
Chris Douglas rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2012
Harris
Harris rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Timothy Wade
Timothy Wade rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2008
Martin
Martin rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2010
Joe Liporace
Joe Liporace rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2009
James
James rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2010