Start by marking “Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear” as Want to Read:
Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear

Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear

Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear, first published in 1975, provides a straightforward introductory book for students beginning courses in flat pattern cutting. This fifth edition continues to offer an introduction to the principles of pattern cutting, with a range of good basic blocks and examples of their application to garments.

New for this edition is the inclusio
Published March 1st 2008 by Wiley-Blackwell (first published February 29th 2008)

Start your review of Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear
Karmologyclinic
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sewing
Finally a pattern making book in the metric system, my mind just refuses to work with inches. Plus it's impossible to get the same accuracy with inches as you get with millimeters.
The book has great instructions and clear illustrations and basic blocks work fine.
It seems daunting at first look, because everything is so compact and laconic in this book. Best thing to do is to just start drafting and then the pieces come together.
It includes basic pattern alterations and designs but if you want s
Stacey \plumb
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative, easy to digest and helpful for those learning with a school/college/university and for people like me teaching themselves. Step by step guides and detailed information makes it easy to understand however, there were parts I struggled to grasp as some parts were a little out of my depth. I searched the internet for the parts I needed extra help with and managed in the end. Would definitely recommend this and newer editions for those wanting to learn how to sew.
Jin
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was initially a bit overwhelming, but one year into my fashion course it is all beginning to make sense. One of the go to books for anyone serious about making their own patterns.
Dixie Diamond
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sewing, 1970s, my_books
I checked this out through interlibrary loan but then went ahead and bought a copy.

Read, but not tested. I hope to bump this up to five stars once I use it to actually draft something. I've never drafted anything before and this seems . . . well, it doesn't look easy at first glance but I do feel like there is plenty hear to walk me through it. Everybody has to start somewhere, right?

It did, however, answer my questions about where to add ease. Most things I found online just said to add ease to
Vanessa
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: patternmaking
I borrowed this book from my local library as I have heard great things about it. It reminds me of a less detailed version of 'Patternmaking for Fashion Design' by Helen Joseph Armstrong (which I currently have on loan from my sister)

I really only did a quick flip through and I think that I would like to add it to my collection.
Jennifer Ledong
I havent bought this book actually.. But I took a look at the inside from google books just bcause I dont know how to look the inside of the book from here.. But for me I'm gonna love this book a lot.. Cause it is soooo compleeteee.. All the patterns that I commonly make is heree.. And I love the simple photographs but yet so details.. ...more
Shauna
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it
A good introduction to pattern cutting; the instructions tend toward the needlessly awkward though.
Yi
May 15, 2018
Caroline Hodges
Nov 06, 2017
Oguntayo Olawumi
rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Pattern Magic 2
  • The Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques: Essential Step-by-Step Techniques for Professional Results
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • The Artist's Guide to Selecting Colors
  • Gin: The Manual
  • Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking
  • The Complete Cooking For Two Cookbook
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Mon cahier Hygge happy thérapie
  • Sew Iconic
  • Hal Spacejock (Hal Spacejock #1)
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • The Great British Sewing Bee Fashion with Fabric
  • Ononokin Book Bundle #1 (Tales from the land of Ononokin)
  • Tailoring
  • The Great British Sewing Bee: from Stitch to Style
  • The Intern (The Forbidden World Book 1)
  • The Gentleman's Wardrobe: Vintage-Style Projects to Make for the Modern Man