Start by marking “Macroeconomics” as Want to Read:
Macroeconomics

Macroeconomics

Krugman/Wells takes a story-driven approach that focuses on real-world economics at work. The book offers the hallmark clarity and engaging writing style that distinguish Paul Krugman's work, from his best-selling international economics text to his New York Times best-sellers.
Published December 15th 2005 by Worth Publishers (first published 2004)

Ietrio
Oct 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: junk
TV primadonna Paul Krugman tries his hand in the textbook business. Like seemingly all his prophecies, this book needs an update and some adjustments.
Sandesh Bartlett
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
We were prescribed this text for university-level economics. I would not recommend it for final year high-school economics either. While the substance and material the book entails is okay, it is a cumbersome read laden with an overabundance of case studies and a severe dearth of theory. Furthermore the language of the book (for a university text) is rather half hearted. The writers may suddenly refer to "things" or "stuff" leaving the reader scratching his head on what the writers meant by the ...more
Catarina
I had to read this book for my introduction to macroeconomics course and I really enjoyed it. I feel it helped me a lot and Krugman's writing is very engaging, so much so I didn't feel I was studying. It's also very easy to follow if you're paying attention (which some of my friends from the same course had trouble doing) and not too overwhelming for an undergraduate in her first semester in university.
I highly recommend this if you're taking a macroeconomics class or if you're just interested i
Tamara
Well, it's more readable than Mankiw, but how damningly faint is that praise? Less technical too, which is not terribly useful, actually.
Patrick
Krugman is a bit too liberal for my taste, but he did at least TRY to make it centrist sometimes.
Ali
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: economy
Makro iktisadı anlamak için rehber niteliğinde bir kitap. Günümüzde ekonominin yaşadığı değişimi felsefi boyutta açıklamaktan uzak olsa da, ekonomi alanında benim gibi teknik bilgisi az olan okurlar için güzel bir kitap.
Landon
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: college-books
Read this for one of my classes.
Greg Stoll
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This textbook helped me understand interest rates, inflation, and currency exchange stuff. It's a bit dense (it's a textbook!) but interesting, and it's broken up nicely with real world examples.

Paper book, available for borrowing.
martha
When I brought this home, my MBA-studying boyfriend flipped out with glee, like a dog around bacon. Paul Krugman!!!!! He's the best!!!

Same deal as the micro text: Probably as enjoyable as an econ textbook can be. I really enjoyed all the real world stories and examples.
Mugarura Katuufu
This one of the best materials I accessed during my course
Steph
May 10, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: assigned-college
not so bad for a text book. liking macro way better than micro. altho i'm not feeling so hot on the final, since i kinda stopped reading this abt a month ago. oops.
Ivy
Had to read for my macroeconomics class. Very interesting.
Erin
Aug 26, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
After two years of sitting on my shelf, I'm just now picking this up after yet another friend recommended it to me.
Mark Oppenlander
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
A better than average textbook from the great Paul Krugman.
Brian Mickel
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well written textbook on macroeconomics
Hannah Holmberg
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
ha. textbook.
Brenden
Macroeconomics by Paul Krugman (2005)
Lamine Nasr-eddine
Bon livre qui été écrit par un grand economiste
Manpreet Singh
Nov 14, 2012
Mark Tuminello
Feb 03, 2014
Ken Lee
rated it did not like it
May 23, 2009

• Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • Services Marketing: Integrating Customer Focus Across the Firm
  • The Church of Facebook: How the Hyperconnected Are Redefining Community
  • One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth
  • Love and Respect for a Lifetime: Gift Book: Women Absolutely Need Love. Men Absolutely Need Respect. Its as Simple and as Complicated as That...
  • The Montefeltro Conspiracy: A Renaissance Mystery Decoded
Paul Robin Krugman is an American economist, liberal columnist and author. He is Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics, and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times. In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for his contributions ...more