Start by marking “The Nerdy Parent's Guide to Raising a Nerdy Child: An Unofficial Parenting Guide” as Want to Read:

Raise the coolest nerd the world has ever known!

Once upon a time, you were a nerdy child, and now that you're a parent, let's make sure your kid can be a nerdy child too! In a world filled with superheroes, wizards, spaceships, and magical telephone booths, everyone should be part of a fandom, and you can never start too early. This is for the parents who want to share
Published August 7th 2018 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about The Nerdy Parent's Guide to Raising a Nerdy Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nerdy Parent's Guide to Raising a Nerdy Child

Start your review of The Nerdy Parent's Guide to Raising a Nerdy Child: An Unofficial Parenting Guide
Jessica
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
**Digital ARC received from the publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review**

First of all, I should probably let it be known that I do not have any children. BUT, I am nerdy and I know a couple of children! (That sounded weird, um...)I know some nerdy parents who have children!
So I guess the question is, would I recommend this book to them? Eh. Maybe.
So basically, this book lays out different fandoms in each chapter and describes the show/book/comic/game and gives you an age
Robin
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
The synopsi, movie ratings,and character descriptions might be helpful to some but the crafts are absolutely awful.
Shannon Navin
May 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ugh…I was so disappointed in this book. I had really high hopes that this would be what it promised: ‘a parenting guide that will help you engage with your little ones with crafts, games and recipes based on their new nerdy interests!’ I’m a huge Star Wars, Harry Potter and Hunger Games fan so this book should have been right up my alley. Instead, it turned out to be an encyclopedia of nerdy characters and plot lines that any good ‘nerdy’ parent would already know!

The book covers the Star Wars,
Colleen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction-books
I want to make it clear that I am not a parent, but I read this book out of sheer curiosity for I was a nerdy child (now a nerdy adult). Both of my parents were nerds. Mom was a Star Wars fan and Dad was a fan of a bunch fandoms.

This book is a quick guide for selected fandoms, because I felt this book could have been a multivolume creation. I was happy that a lot my favorites were in there, including Percy Jackson! I also want to try the book's version of Lembas Bread from LOTR, because it
Amy
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Picked this up on a whim at the library. It's nice to be able to have a quick reference to things my son is showing interest in to gauge age-appropriateness. The crafts, as mentioned, are nothing spectacular (cute for little ones, maybe).
Alexxis Lynn
Theresa Davidson
Oct 12, 2019
Jason
Oct 27, 2019

• The Last Punisher: A SEAL Team Three Sniper's True Account of the Battle of Ramadi
  • Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #2)
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting
  • Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #3)
  • Bone Song (Tristopolis, #1)
  • Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
  • The Secret of Play: How to Raise Smart, Healthy, Caring Kids from Birth to Age 12
  • Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool
  • Eye Spy: Wild Ways Animals See the World
  • Pregnancy, Childbirth And The Newborn (2001) (Retired Edition)
  • The Pregnancy Countdown Book: Nine Months of Practical Tips, Useful Advice, and Uncensored Truths
  • D-Day: The Invasion of Normandy, 1944 [The Young Readers Adaptation]