Start by marking “The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)” as Want to Read:
The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)

The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  506 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
Most days Rebecca Lindt feels like an imposter...
The world admires her as a survivor. But that impression would crumble if people knew her secret. She didn't deserve to be the one who got away. But nothing can change the past, so she's thrown herself into her work. She can't dwell if she never slows down.

Wes Garrett is trying to get back on his feet after losing his dream
Mass Market Paperback, 395 pages
Published June 5th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The One You Can't Forget, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One You Can't Forget

Dri ✰
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 stars!!! ★

The One You Can’t Forget estava entre os lançamentos mais esperados por mim em junho. Eu amei o 1º livro dessa série e estava bem curiosa/ansiosa para saber mais sobre a história da Rebecca.

Eu gostei dos personagens, cada um com seus defeitos, enfrentando suas lutas diárias, medos e erros do passado.

Gostei também de como a autora desenvolveu o relacionamento dos dois e como os sentimentos foram ganhando forma e força no decorrer da história.

Apesar de ter curtido muito, de ser u
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

In The Ones Who Got Away we learned about the vicious shooting that happened twelve years ago at a high school, that changed the life over everyone who was either a student or teacher and their loved ones. Rebecca Lindt is a survivor. You should think she has endured enough but when she walks home from her work as a divorce attorney one evening all her memories about that horrific day come rushing back when she is being mugged at gun point. A brave dog and a courageous man save her and this actu
Ari
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of The One You Can't Forget ever since I read The Ones Who Got Away. Roni Loren totally won me over with the first book in this series and I was desperate for more so once this baby hit my Kindle on release day, I grabbed a box of tissues and flipped to the first chapter.

The One You Can't Forget follows Rebecca Lindt, one of the Long Acre High School survivors who is still haunted by the tragic night that changed her life. Now a divorce lawyer, Rebecca ha
Hollis
I was really hoping I'd feel the love for this series with THE ONE YOU CAN'T FORGET but once again we're just shy of it. So close but still not quite there. I can definitely say that in a lot of ways this second in The Ones Who Got Away series of connected stories is the stronger of the two as far as flow and plot. But what brought my rating down, and raised many a frustration, were the side characters working against our leads.

Rebecca Lindt has a secret. A hardworking divorce lawyer, with littl
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

Trigger warning: Trauma over school shooting, being robbed, mention of depression and suicide, mention of toxic relationship, mention of substance abuse, physical abuse from a parent, gun violence, and a controlling parent.

GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge: Let's Get It On.

I was a bit hesitant to pick up this book. I didn't really enjoy the previous book and wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I am happy to say that I enjoyed it!

Rebecca and Wes were good characters. Their a
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 3.75 stars

The One You Can't Forget is the second book in The Ones Who Got Away series. Technically, since it features a different couple from the first book, it can standalone. However, I think I would recommend reading them in order as you don't get much of a backstory if you read them out of order. Personally, I felt like I needed to know what happened to these kids when they were in high school (I felt like I was missin
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I read the first book in this series, I knew it was going to be a special series. I knew that in time the four girls (now women) who formed a bond during therapy after a high school tragedy all had their own demons to wrestle. I knew that for each one of them putting their past behind them was near impossible, but finding someone they trusted enough to share the load would hopefully lead them to a happier adulthood. I knew I would shed some tears and I also knew that I trusted author Roni L
♥Rachel♥
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved! Review to come.
Kindling Micky
3.5-4 stars

I’ve been looking forward to the next book in the Long Acre crew and this was an enjoyable, if somewhat lighter offering from the interconnected characters in this series.

Rebecca is still guilt-ridden over Long Acre and she’s lived a quiet, yet ambitious life pursuing law. She remains intermittently traumatised by her experiences and meets Wes through a situation that is traumatic and triggering. Wes was from the opposite side of the tracks to Bec and her non-issue with this was a bon
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

I've been dying to get my hands on this book! I fell in love with the group of characters in this series with the first book and was compelled to read more.  Itching to get my hands on it actually.  This is the story of the high school girlfriend of the hero from the first book and yes one of the Long Acre survivors.  She's grown up to be a succe
Giedre
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an enjoyable contemporary romance, but I felt like it lacked that extra edge the first one had. The really interesting stuff started happening in the last third of the novel, so instead of adding that something to the book, these things just felt added on and unexplored on a deeper level.
Dísir
‘The One You Can’t Forget’ isn’t a title that lends itself to easy guessing—one could be forgiven for thinking this is a typical second-chance romance when it really isn’t quite—but the unique context in which school-massacre survivors rebuild their lives brick by brick has put Roni Loren on the book map for me.

For Rebecca Lindt, the woman who’d physically escaped the school shooting, but remains mentally fettered by it years later, ‘The One you Can’t Forget’ is pretty much her story. Despite t
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Can't wait for Rebecca' story!!!

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
*The Angry Reader*
***ARC received for an honest review***

My biggest issue with contemporary romances is that the problems tend to arise in two arenas - either the family or all in the characters' heads. I'm not even being facetious as I ask this question - you're busy and lonely and in a dating slump. You meet a gorgeous man with whom you have amazing sex (it really is important in a relationship), whom you admire, with whom you love spending time, and you evolve this healthy respectful relationship. Good, right?
Sara (sarabara081)
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

I fell in love with this series after reading the first book, The Ones Who Got Away. The series follow a group of friends who were deeply affected by a tragic event that happened in high school when a classmate open fired during prom and how it has affected their lives ever since.

We first met Rebecca in the first book and I instantly loved her and was so excited to dig deeper into her character with her own story. She was very mature and selfle
Sheyla ✎

I've come to expect great things from any book by Roni Loren. She always has a strong plot with great characters who have amazing chemistry!

I was interested in learning about Rebecca's story after meeting her in The Ones Who Got Away . She had a chance to become a nuisance to Liv and Finn but she didn't. Instead, she was there to support them.

In The One You Can't Forget, Rebecca is still working long hours and helping her father with his campaign. She's a divorce lawyer who has plenty of clie
Kassiah
I had NO idea that this was going to be a series! I'm so excited!

excited omg

I hope we get to see more Finn and Liv here, too! ❤
Bambi Unbridled
description

This is only my second read from Roni Loren, and I'm jumping into a series already in progress. The One You Can't Forget is the second installment of The Ones Who Got Away. I haven't read the first book, and I felt like this one worked okay as a standalone. The series focuses on a group of heroines (and the hero of the first book), who are survivors of a mass shooting at Long Acre High School. The stories take place 10-15 years later, and our heroines are a close group of professional women livi
Jessica
The first book in this series was SO GOOD and I was in love with the romance between two high school shooting survivors. I really enjoyed Rebecca's character and couldn't wait to see her have her own happy ending in this book!

Rebecca Lindt has always had a list of goals she had to accomplish to be the best. Now that she's a divorce attorney and working for her father, she's earned the job and the life she wanted. But it's been feeling a bit...lonely. Wes Garrett lost everything during his divor
Sophia
The second installment in a contemporary romance series about a group of four adult women who survived a school shooting and are still dealing with the aftermath. After the intro to them all in the first book, I was eager to get each of their stories and how they find a way to make it through and find romance. This was sized up to be a real lulu with Rebecca Lindt being the divorce lawyer representing the hero's ex. Warily and curiously, I began the book.

The One You Can't Forget is book two in t
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

As soon as I finished The Ones Who Got Away, I began the countdown for The One You Can't Forget. I was fortunate to get an eARC and I dove in pretty much the second I got my hands on it. I was so curious about Rebecca's story from the lead up in the first book. Plus, I really just wanted more of this series in general. It's such an interesting concept and one that's quite relatable and timely. I fell totally in love with Rebecca and Wes and their
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 6/5/18)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2GvFANF

Goodness. The One You Can't Forget was a fabulous time. Emotionally charged, passionate, tinged with humor and hope. I enjoyed it thoroughly but that's to be expected from Loren. The woman just gives good book.

The Gist: A chance encounter during a mugging changes...everything.

Wes and Rebecca have such different lies-- he teaches cooking to at risk teens while rebuilding his life and she's a high
Fern's Book Blog
5 stars!!

Another breathtakingly beautiful book from Roni Loren! I'm not going to lie, the first book was soooo good that I was worried that my hopes were going to be set a little too high for this one. But NOPE. This was just as beautiful and wonderful as a love story as The Ones Who Got Away.

Rebecca is a survivor of the Long Acre shooting that happened during her senior year of high school. Since then she has always dealt with a level of guilt and continues to deal with some PTSD from the even
Maureen
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite, romance
‘The One You Can’t Forget’ is the second book in the The Ones Who Got Away series. I read the first book in this series, ‘The One Who Got Away’ in January of this year and completely devoured it. I really loved every single page of that book. So when I was saw the second book ‘The One You Can’t Forget’ on Netgalley, I just knew I had to request that book. And I was super excited when I found out I was approved to read this book.

In ‘The One You Can’t Forget’ we meet Rebecca Lindt. Rebecca is one
Irene

The One You Can't Forget by Roni Loren is such a good read, I really enjoyed it.

The storyline is entertaining all throughout the book, I kept telling myself just one more chapter then I'll go to sleep until I ended up reading it in one sitting, I just didn't want to put it down.

This is one of those books that will bring out the feels, Rebecca and Wes are likable, endearing characters that will touch your heart with their story.
I loved watching their relationship unfold, they were so goo
Monique V
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
review to come
Jess
I was a little nervous about reading this, given my feelings surrounding school shootings. But this was less about the shooting itself, and more about survival and the long term impact that it has on survivors.

And I really liked this. Roni Loren's writing in this series works for me. It's strange, I don't feel like I've read that many books where the lawyer who inadvertently ruined someone's life ends up involved with them, but I've read two in the last month and a half! And it's a trope I don'
Kim
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Rebecca Lindt's story. The girl who got shot in the leg during the prom attack. The girl who was in love with her friend who was in love with someone else. And after a reunion twelve years later, finally learned the truth. Now the woman who is a busy lawyer that assists with charities and a campaign, and very much alone.

One night she needs help and it comes in the form of Wes Garrett. He is a man who has almost seen the pinnacle of success and then was dropped to near rock botto
b.andherbooks
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
High-powered divorce attorney Rebecca Lindt wants to put her past as a survivor of a high school shooting behind her, but her dad's political aspirations, the upcoming release of a documentary she was interviewed for, and the trauma that resurfaces during a mugging attempt makes it hard to do.

Wes Garrett, once an up-and-coming star chef, lost it all during his divorce. Finally sober and with a job teaching cooking to at-risk youth, Wes also wants to leave his past behind.

Wes doesn't believe he's
Raquel
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh Rebecca! I loved loved LOVED The Ones Who Got Away. LOVED IT. So I was super excited when I realized this would be a series! I was a little hesitant about Rebecca because I didn't originally click with her. However, I was pleasantly surprised! I loved Wes, though! He was such a treat to meet and idk why but his gruff attitude got to me good.

I'm so excited for the next book in the series!
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where ...more
More about Roni Loren

The Ones Who Got Away (3 books)
  • The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)
  • The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)