Start by marking “My Mixed Emotions: Help Your Kids Handle Their Feelings” as Want to Read:
My Mixed Emotions: Help Your Kids Handle Their Feelings

My Mixed Emotions: Help Your Kids Handle Their Feelings

This thoughtful, engaging book is packed with helpful hints, tips, and techniques for helping children learn to recognize and express their emotions.

Feelings can be complicated, and learning to express them is a skill that must be developed. My Mixed Emotions is here to coach children through a variety of emotions and situations including dealing with bullying, understandi
Published October 2nd 2018 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published October 2018)

To ask other readers questions about My Mixed Emotions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mixed Emotions

Start your review of My Mixed Emotions: Help Your Kids Handle Their Feelings
Lana
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book for parents and preschoolers for understanding emotions. The book breaks down the four main emotions; happiness, sadness, anger and fear. It talks about what our body is going through when we experience these emotions and what might be triggering us to feel this way.
Wonderful pictures and descriptions! Great resource for a preschool or parent of a little one with big emotions. Sometimes it’s hard to understand what we’re feeling and this is a great tool to help make sen
Nabeel Hassan
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
كتاب جميل جداً يعطي الكثير من الأمور بأسلوب يحبه الأطفال و كذلك الرسامات الجميلة التي وضعها لنا كلير بتن و أنتجها بولي أبليتون.

أنصح به لمن يريد أن يحسن طريقة تواصله مع أطفاله بأن يقرأ هذا الكتاب

Rick Sam
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology
An Excellent book to start to relate to human emotions. I believe emotions are extremely important.

We all need to be aware of emotions of ourselves and others. Few years ago, I came across Emotion Wheel. It's a great tool to help us grow in that area. I think in Computing world, this is not kept important.

This book gives a starting point to emotions. I liked how each emotion is made up of basic emotions. Jealous is anger and disgust. Great Recommendation for Adults and Children

Deus Vult,
Gottf
Libby
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, childrens-book
My Mixed Emotions is a great resource for young children! The images are bold and engaging and the text easily flows in a way that even young children can understand. It really breaks down emotions, even complex ones, and help kids to understand each feeling and what happens in their body when they are feeling those emotions. It really helps children identify and express a wide range of emotions. We have an ebook version of this but I'm going to add the physical copy to our library! I read it wi ...more
Robyn Schultz (ladyrobyns)
This is a fantastic book! Great resource for kids, parents, and educators. Happy, Sad, having the blues, fear, jealousy... and many more emotions are covered. There is also a great section on bullying. Loved the quote, "Don't suffer in silence. Tell! Tell! Tell!".
cọng rơm
có mấy đoạn cười ẻ nhờ thi và anh t tấu hài =)))) cộng thêm mấy cái hình vẽ bích chì mắc cười nè
còn lại thì hem nhớ được cái dì súc động hoặc hắp dẫn haha
Elizabeth Davis
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, digital
I received a digital ARC through NetGalley from the publisher.

My Mixed Emotions breaks down complex emotions on an easy-to-understand level so that children can process and work out their feelings. Each emotion is discussed in a way that explains what the feeling actually is, what may be behind the feeling, what happens to the body while this emotion is happening, and steps to take to calm/quiet/promote the feeling (depending on the emotion). The book also discusses tough situations like bullyin
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, kid-lit
Another wonderful book for kids on expressing and handling their feelings. Each chapter is broken up into different emotions--happiness, anger, fear sadness, and then the last chapter is about being proud of who you are and believing in yourself. This book was a great springboard for talking to my daughter about different issues that kids face such as grief, bullying, divorce, worrying, and feeling different (to name a few). The book gave great examples in each chapter that my 6-year-old daughte ...more
Aija
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Man, pieaugušai sievietei un mammai, nereti ir brīži, kad grūti saprast un nosaukt vārdā savas emocijas, kur nu vēl apjaust, ko ar tām darīt, kā sadzīvot ar dusmām un skumjām, kas nereti ikdienā ir klātesošas. Emocijas, to nosaukšana vārdā, saprašana jāmāca jau pirmsskolas gados, un šī grāmata ir burvīgs veids, kā to darīt. Krāsaina, rosinoša, tajā ir daudz praktisku padomu. Kas pats galvenais, tā māca, ka jebkura emocija ir laba.
Noteikti noderēs arī audzināšanas, ētikas vai sociālo zinību skolo
Anthony
A well thought-out book on the issues of feelings, and how to handle them in certain situations. The chapters cover the emotions of feeling happy, angry, fear, sadness, and the wonder of each person as an individual, and examples and exercises to understanding all that is involved in recognizing one's worth.
Kim
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fic-kids, emotion
I'm not sure what age group this is for. It looks like it is for K-2nd but there is way too much information. If the target was 3rd-5th, it's colorful but the illustrations are babyish. I think that this could be used in a one on one counseling session but not as a book that kids would read by themselves.
Keri Douglas
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great addition to our SEL collection. The emotions are divided into 5 sections with great infographics and images to support student learning. This is a great resource to help kids identify their emotions and strategies to deal with those feelings.
Cheri
Sep 20, 2019 added it
Shelves: mindfulness
A great book to help children handle their feelings!
Meredith
Good stuff.
Corinne Yee
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good resource for helping kids name and talk about their emotions.
Holly
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
J 152.4
J
I have been kind of looking around for a book that describes emotions in a simplistic style and makes it easy to understand. When I saw this book I was thinking that I had found an answer.

Upon looking at the Table of Contents I found myself disappointed for it seemed that their idea of simplifying was just a few basic emotions.

Yep so far I haven't been the brightest bulb when it has come to the book. The actual book itself though is much, much more than either of my first two judgments.

Alth
Stephanie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a perfect introduction to emotions for kids. I thought the layout was appealing, timely (the emojis!) and great for young elementary students. My favorite page was the silhouette bodies that were lit up with the places you may feel a certain emotion (example: happy might be felt in your heart). I think it was a great visual representation of the common feelings we have and why a feeling can impact the rest of our body and mood. The tips for helping move beyond a feeling and realizin ...more
Darlene
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need to purchase several copies of this book for my resource room. It fits perfectly with the curriculum I use for my students that need help with their social emotional skills. Great descriptions and visuals for all types of learners.
Louise Sullivan
This was a disappointing book. It is too busy for most easy readers.
Amanda
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Perfect book for my 10-year-old son. He loved the illustrations and we were able to have several productive chats while reading this one.

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Jun 01, 2020
Dec 04, 2018
Lisa
Apr 25, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• I Lost My Tooth! (Unlimited Squirrels, #1)
  • The Truth About Elephants: Seriously Funny Facts About Your Favorite Animals
  • A Good Kind of Trouble
  • Her Right Foot
  • This Bridge Will Not Be Gray
  • They She He Me: Free to Be!
  • A Friend For Dragon
  • Let's Have a Sleepover! (An Acorn Book)
  • If You Were a Kid During the Civil War (If You Were a Kid)
  • Sparkly New Friends (Unicorn and Yeti, #1)
  • The Monster Squad
  • Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast
  • The Case of the Stinky Stench
  • Love Is Love
  • It Feels Good to Be Yourself: A Book about Gender Identity
  • Rick
  • The Worst Book Ever
  • Capture the Flag (Silver Jaguar Society Mysteries #1)

Dorling Kindersley (DK) is a British multinational publishing company specializing in illustrated reference books for adults and children in 62 languages. It is part of Penguin Random House, a consumer publishing company jointly owned by Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA and Pearson PLC. Bertelsmann owns 53% of the company and Pearson owns 47%.

Established in 1974, DK publishes a range of titles in genres