Start by marking “Love Unleashed: Tales of Inspiration and the Life-Changing Power of Dogs” as Want to Read:
Love Unleashed: Tales of Inspiration and the Life-Changing Power of Dogs

Love Unleashed: Tales of Inspiration and the Life-Changing Power of Dogs

A book for dog lovers everywhere. Celebrating the amazing relationships shared with our four-legged friends, each story recounts the love of dogs and the powerful ways dogs impact our lives.

In this heartwarming collection of stories, readers meet 38 incredible dogs who have gone above and beyond the job description of best friend. Each uplifting story provides an insp
Published March 6th 2018 by National Geographic Society

To ask other readers questions about Love Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Unleashed

Start your review of Love Unleashed: Tales of Inspiration and the Life-Changing Power of Dogs
Betty
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I commented on Instagram last night that Love Unleashed will make dog lovers smile. I smiled often as I read this book, and gushed over how cute all the dogs looked in their photos. But I was often overwhelmed with sadness when I read about the hard lives some of these animals had before finding their forever homes. That sadness was brief, however, because the bulk of each story focused on leading up to their happy endings.

Here's a glimpse at the dogs featured in Love Unleashed:

*Louboutina, a be
Karel Baloun
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent concept! How rescue dogs and people help each other… no doubt this will be a happy, heart warming book! So many dogs are awaiting rescue and companionship. Wish more of us could, and that this lovely book makes it happen.

Each of the 35 individual adoption stories are uniquely touching, but several stand out:
Rosco, rescued pups trained by penitentiary inmates for 1.5 years specifically for helping cerebral palsy children. (p41)
Angus, the dog who can sniff out bacterial infections in hos
Luanne Ollivier
I read Love Unleashed by Rebecca Ascher-Walsh in one sitting. And right beside me was my fifteen year old dog. She's deaf, terribly arthritic and sleeps most of the day away now. But she still gets up to greet anyone coming in, wags her tail and shares her love every day.

The subtitle of Love Unleashed is: Tales of Inspiration and the Life-Changing Power of Dogs. And these tales truly are inspiring.

Ascher-Walsh profiles thirty-five remarkable rescue dogs. Dogs who have been given a second chance
Vicki
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE dogs! As soon as I saw this book I knew I wanted to read it.

This is a book of 35 inspirational dog stories. They all touched me deeply and I loved every one. Hooch's story though, was the first one that actually made me tear up. Hooch is a French Mastiff Mix who lives in California. He was at a Bakersfield shelter and threw his food and water bowls across the kennel because he couldn't eat or drink. His tongue had been cut out, and his ears had been clipped,
Gmr
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now, some of you know I recently had a loss in my personal pack...RIP Hailey, you are beyond loved...and so when this one came up on my calendar as needing to be read and reviewed, I thought I was going to have SUCH a hard time. I mean honestly, I was tearing up just reading the introduction, but once I got started, once I really got into the stories being shared, I realized, it wasn't about me, or my beloved Pippy (nickname...it happened one day and just stuck), but about all the puppers out th ...more
Michelle Bowles
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so inspiring. If you love dogs, than you will melt with this one. We always find inspiration from people but the dogs featured in this book have gone through so much that you can't help but feel uplifted from them. Many have suffered physically and emotionally. It takes a special person to take on a pet that has some challenges but reading about them and those gorgeous pictures really adds something special.
Judy
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished, favorites
Thank you so much National Geographic Books for sending me this goodreads give away. It's a heart warming book with several stories about rescue dogs and their effect on society. I especially liked the take on the outlook of Pit Bulls. If you are thinking of getting a pet please check your local humane society first.
Betsy Myers
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book via Goodreads First Reads. My children are big animal lovers and got so excited when I showed them this book! We started reading one story per night before bed and then talking about the story after. Love quality conversations like that with my children!
Bella
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Points gained: entire book is printed on glossy, coloured papers

Points lost: snippets of facts on quite a lot of dogs that, though written well, feel rushed and insincere.
Jessica
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny and touching stories, with absolutely adorable dogs
Christine D
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This little book made me smile :) Lovely
Kelly Schnorrbusch
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this book from a giveaway. Thanks to National Geographic Books!

Five Stars! Good family fun!

I'm going to just come out and say it... We don't deserve dogs! This book profiles 35 dogs that were given a second chance to have a great life. Author Rebecca Ashcher-Walsh traveled around the country and then some, looking for these incredible stories. (Rebecca, if you need someone to assist you in the Tri-State area, I volunteer as tribute!) From Blakely, a nursery companion dog at the
J. Black
Nov 03, 2019
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Merge Editions 2 13 Feb 26, 2018 06:50PM

• Hounded to Death (Melanie Travis, #14)
  • Animals and the Afterlife: True Stories of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death
  • The Graveyard Shift (Charley Davidson, #13.5)
  • Chow Down (Melanie Travis, #13)
  • Raining Cats & Dogs (Melanie Travis, #12)
  • Doggie Day Care Murder (Melanie Travis, #15)
  • Jingle Bell Bark (Melanie Travis, #11)
  • Do You Mind If I Cancel? (Things That Still Annoy Me)
  • If You Give a Pig the White House: A Parody for Adults
  • Best in Show (Melanie Travis, #10)
  • The Great Pretender: The Undercover Mission That Changed Our Understanding of Madness
  • Okay Fine Whatever: The Year I Went from Being Afraid of Everything to Only Being Afraid of Most Things
  • Around the World in 80 Trees
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Dazzle Ships: World War I and the Art of Confusion
  • Hero Dogs: How a Pack of Rescues, Rejects, and Strays Became America's Greatest Disaster-Search Partners
  • Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse (Dumpty, #1)
  • Hot Dog (Melanie Travis, #9)
Rebecca Ascher-Walsh is a journalist and the devoted owner of Buddy, a pit bull she rescued from a shelter near her home in New York City. She volunteers at a shelter in Manhattan and is the founder of the Deja Foundation, which assists small organizations helping dogs rescued from high-kill shelters.