Start by marking “Easter Mice!” as Want to Read:
Easter Mice!

Easter Mice! (Holiday Mice)

2.92  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The popular Holiday Mice are back once again, and this time they’re going on an egg hunt. Distracted by the beautiful spring day, the littlest mouse is the only one who doesn’t find any eggs . . . until he stumbles upon a very special egg that turns out to be the best one of all.

Young readers will identify with the littlest mouse’s antics and delight in his eventual succe
Published March 25th 2003 by Clarion Books

To ask other readers questions about Easter Mice!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easter Mice!

Kristi Bernard
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
A family of mice dressed in their fancy Easter garb are ready to enjoy a beautiful spring day hunting for colorful Easter eggs. But, one mouse gets a little sidetracked and spends his time sniffing flowers, playing in a mud puddle and splashing in a stream. When everyone gathers to count how many eggs they’ve found the playful mouse didn’t have a single egg. In a panic, he ran to find one and he did. It was a plain egg with a pleasant surprise inside. Can you guess what it could be?

Author Bethan
Danette
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
2/22/17 Read with Julia.
Jillian
Mar 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It had very cute pictures, and the story had potential, but ultimately it didn't do much for me. The rhymes were spread out a bit too far for the Very Little Ones to follow (across page turns). I had thought maybe the story would focus on how much fun the smallest mouse had exploring, but no...it was all about the Easter egg hunt and who's found the most/biggest/best. Then he went back out exploring and found a non-Easter egg... (view spoiler) ...more
Tam
Mar 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: easter
I've been looking for some cute books to read for Easter but this was not one I'll be reading again. It's a rhyming book but the rhyming words are on different pages so by the time we get to the rhyme, my 4-year old has already been talking about the pictures. For example, it starts out "Easter mice hop, hop,hop! Time for the egg hunt. Who will win?" Turn the page. "Easter mice jump, jump, jump! Ready, set, let's begin!".
Rosa Cline
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, easter
This was a cute book where a family of mice went in search of Easter eggs but the youngest mouse is more interested in playing in the great outdoors...the mud, and just nature. But in the end he's sad because he doesn't have any Easter eggs he goes in search of one and does find one but in the effort of finding it he also finds a new friend.
Diana Thomsen
Apr 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
While this one does require pre-reading in order to make sure the rhymes are emphasized, it's a cute story and one I would use again. The illustrations are super cute, and I love that the little girl mouse is wearing a pretty Easter hat. :)
Jaime
Mar 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Cute, Hannah had fun looking for the eggs on each page.
Jami
Apr 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime-stories
Hey, it's Easter and my daughter read it to me. That's makes it fun.
Sandybear76
I love the little Holiday mice. the littlest mouse has become separated from the rest of the mice and finds an Easter egg but it is not what the little mouse expected.
Gray
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Cute pictures, poor story.
Sally Staples
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Cute Easter story about an easter egg hunt. One egg found cracks open and out pops a turtle friend. Kindergarteners love it!!
Janet
A fun story about four mice looking for Easter eggs and one of them discovers an egg with a surprise.
Holly E Bacon
Jul 26, 2011
Michelle
May 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
I've wanted to be a children's book author as far back as I can remember. When I was eight years old I wrote a story about a rabbit. I am still writing stories about rabbits- and mice, cats, children, monsters, and dragons!

When I was growing up, I was the neighborhood storyteller. I would make up stories on the spot for younger children in the neighborhood. I read a lot of books. But I was also a
More about Bethany Roberts...

Holiday Mice (7 books)