Start by marking “Love Defined: Embracing God's Vision for Lasting Love and Satisfying Relationships” as Want to Read:

Our culture is obsessed with love and romance--so why are so few women experiencing satisfying, long-term love?

In this insightful and encouraging book, sisters Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird help single women of all ages discover a radically better approach to navigating their love lives. Covering topics such as true love, romance, purposeful relationships, purity,
Published May 1st 2018 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about Love Defined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Defined

Start your review of Love Defined: Embracing God's Vision for Lasting Love and Satisfying Relationships
Shantelle
Love Defined is another incredible book from sisters Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird. After reading and loving their first book, Girl Defined, I was beyond excited to read a book from them about love and relationships. And, oh, I was not disappointed. With honesty, humor, wisdom, and real-life examples, Kristen and Bethany present a Biblically-sound and beautiful Christian Living book on navigating the world of romance.

I so enjoyed reading this book - finished it in under a week. It had a lot of
Allison
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is honestly one of the best books I have ever read! It answers pretty much every question any single girl would have. So solid, full of wisdom, and practical. Every single girl should read it!
Hannah Joy  S.
I am going to make this a yearly read!

Love Defined answers a lot of the most common questions asked by single Christian women today. But whether you are single or currently in a relationship, I am sure you will benefit from this book!

Both sisters speak from past dating experiences and give you insight from both the single girls perspective and the married lady's perspective.

Read my full review here: https://joyandwildflowers.blogspot.co...
Bekah
What an absolutely lovely book! Both Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird gave such great wisdom and insight through this book and I feel so excited to be able to write this review.

What I Liked: I was busy reading other books by the time this book came out, but I received a free audio book from Christian Audio for pre-ordering Love Defined: Embracing God's Vision for Lasting Love and Satisfying Relationships and so I happily listened to it while going about some of my daily chores, etc. I was most
Anne Rhys
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book full of God's truths, practical steps, encouragement, all pointing to God as the first thing we should run to and seek wisdom from.
Aria
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good!
Madison McQuary
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relationships
I had the privilege of being on the book launch team for "Love Defined" and I am so glad I got to be a part of sharing this book and all that it has to teach us!
I absolutely LOVED this book! I am someone who thoroughly reads any book focused on how to approach God honoring relationships from a Biblical perspective, and this book was such a fabulous asset to reaffirming the beliefs I have in regards to relationships.
I love that the book is so conversational, and you feel like you are sitting
Grace Morris
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Grace by: Shantelle Hannu
So, hey, I'm twenty-something and single, but I'm actually am okay with that. In fact, I know that being single allows me certain freedoms that I wouldn't otherwise have if I was married.

Saying that, well, then why did I pick up this book?

Well, my motto for love and marriage is: "Strive to be a godly woman, know what to look for, trusting God to do the looking, so when Mr. Right does happen to show you won't fall face first and forget what marriage is really about. Marriage should be honoring
Christi
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I signed up for a JustRead Blind Read and was sent Love Defined. It didn't take long for me to realize that this book is focused on single Christian women, and while I am a Christian woman I am not single, and have actually been happily married for almost seven years. Still, I did sign up for this tour, and was actually curious since I did not have a resource like this when I was single, and let me say it was such a blessing that I read it.

I had never heard of Girl Defined Ministries before, but
Hannah Wilkinson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I wish I had this book years ago! I had to learn all these pieces of wisdom from experience. The Hollywood idea of love is so shallow, not at all the way God shows us in His word. His love through Jesus is completely selfless, sacrificial and giving. This kind of love is very difficult to learn because it is completely different from the world!!

Ladies (especially ages 15-22) who read this and take it to heart will find themselves satisfied and content with their relationship with God first and
Helena Allan-human
Jun 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Love Defined by Kristen Clark & Bethany Baird

I was quite excited for this book as a single woman. However, it was an incredible disappointment throughout. There are the occasionally good moments but much of it is superficial, artificial and insincere. I don’t particular like their position that kissing and hugging is equal to sexual immorality and on the same level of premarital sex. They also suggest that is not “feminine” for a woman to make the first move or show interest in a man. They
Danielle
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED IT. SERIOUSLY, Y'All - GO READ THIS BOOK.
Monica
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do you define Love? How do you find lasting love in our modern culture? Love defined by Kristen Clark and Bethany Baird have written a book to guide single women in to seeing love and relationships the way God sees them.

Love Defined is divided in to five parts: Happily Ever Disaster, Bringing Back True Love, Single and Waiting to Mingle, Working Through the Nitty Gritty, and Living Well on this side of the Alter. Clark and Baird are sisters who write throughout this book about their own
Rachel Kimzey
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The heart of Love Defined's perspective on relationships is glorifying God and demonstrating the gospel. It's got a lot of good stories from the authors' lives and insights from older women. It asks and suggests excellent questions to be thinking through and discussing with a guy (though the questions could be asked from guy to girl, too). And it really probes into our own hearts as girls/women, encouraging and challenging us towards the truth of *God's* definition of love.
Kara Beth
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
As a whole, I didn't like this book very much. This made me sad because I was really looking forward to this book.

There were a few things I liked about it and a few chapters that I thought were spot on. I really liked what they said about how to know the guy you're with is "the one," and what red flags to look out for in a relationship. They also had a neat chapter with advice from married women in it.

However, there were several times that they were claiming to be stating God's way of doing
Josie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christian women 14+
I'm so excited to have been a part of the launch team for this book! I got this book a few weeks early in exchange for a review.
First, the cover is gorgeous! It looks so beautiful on my shelf. But, onto the book. Kristen and Bethany were obviously very well educated on the subject and they did a great job explaining everything. This answered a lot of questions people are scared to ask. My favorite points where how they talked about why it's important to stay pure before marriage and how it
Libby Smith
Apr 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Jamie Parson
Mar 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
The most unbelievably pathetic book to ever exist. If you are reading this book I recommend keeping a puke bucket handy rather than a leash for your lady.

This should be retitled: women getting paid to keep other women on a leash
Hershey
Mar 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
a waste of paper. hateful garbage written by pretentious pseudo-religious sociopaths who wouldn't know god if he spat them in the face.
Tashawna
A great book for young women who desire to know God's way for love and romance!
Lori Krausen
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Natasha Atkerson
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

It was refreshing to read a book filled with balance. So many Christian books have a “Do A and B, and you’ll find a godly man.” Love Defined strikes a beautiful harmony of shedding light on cultural lies we swallow, and yet not adding to what Christ actually commands in His word. This book was also unique in the fact that it was written by a single and married gal. Well written, easy to read and engaging. Throughout the book, both perspectives were shared. I enjoyed the fact that these ladies
Sherri Smith
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is actually quite a lovely book. It's primarily geared towards the young woman who is still looking for their forever mate.

I made the assumption that this book would be good for someone currently in a relationship, or even married. That is not the case. This is primarily geared towards the single woman.

That said, I did find the book to be fairly interesting. I do recall many a day when I wouldn't be focused on the sermon, but rather that really cute guy that appeared in the row in front of
Beverly Jones
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Defined is a wonderful book on relationships for young women. The authors are sisters who have made it a point to search for God centered relationships when it comes to their love lives. One sister has found her forever love while one is still searching so this book covers a wide variety of relationship topics. The sisters use real life experiences and a Biblical standpoint to help young ladies learn to pursue healthy and long lasting relationships.

This is a book that I wish I had access to
Kristan Robinson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so far the best book I've read on relationships and what God's definition of love is. Really opened my eyes and gave me so much wisdom. I would definitely recommend this book to any girl who is single and waiting for love or any girl who has entered into a new relationship. It will help you understand why God created love and marriage and relationships
Shannon
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Defined is a beautifully written book. It is interactive, down-to-earth, and so much fun to read. I recommend this to girls everywhere, no matter what stage of love life you're in. It is so important nowadays to remind ourselves of what God created love and romance to be. I am so thankful for Kristen and Bethany's wisdom and passion to share that wisdom with all of us.
Maddi Elaine
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and learned a great deal about how to develop Godly relationships. Every young woman who feels called to marriage should read this! Kristen and Bethany did a fantastic job of sharing wisdom from past ages in a way that girls of today can easily understand and relate to.
Clare
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
currently reading and LOVING. I love the study guides at the end of each chapter. such a great way to evaluate your motives and thoughts. love it!! I love how it takes about Hollywood's take on true love. so awesome.
Malia Saldaña
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-books
I enjoyed reading this book. It had some good points on relationships. Although some things I didn’t really like.
Crystal
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish I would've had this book when I was in middle/high school. It's chock full of lessons that I wish I would've learned earlier in life. Great read! A must have for any young woman in your life.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Author 2 24 Jan 16, 2018 12:29PM

• Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot
  • When God Writes Your Love Story
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue, #1)
  • Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy
  • Let Me be a Woman
  • Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment
  • I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships and Romance
  • Love That Lasts: How We Discovered God’s Better Way for Love, Dating, Marriage, and Sex
  • Lies Young Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free
  • Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control
  • Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose
  • When Dreams Come True: A Love Story Only God Could Write
  • Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line
  • The Mingling of Souls: God's Design for Love, Marriage, Sex, and Redemption
  • Kisses from Katie
  • In His Image: 10 Ways God Calls Us to Reflect His Character
  • When God Writes Your Life Story
  • Sex and the Single Girl
Kristen Clark is married to her high school sweetheart, Zack, and has a background in Biblical counseling, young women's ministry, teen mentoring, online blogging, and is the co-founder of GirlDefined Ministries. She and her sister, Bethany, are passionate about fighting feminism, embracing gender distinctions, and empowering young women to live out their God defined purpose. You can read her ...more
“Just because a guy is a Christian doesn't automatically mean he is a good fit for me (or that I am a good fit for him). Good marriages are built on more than two nice Christians getting married. Since the purpose of marriage is to glorify God and serve Him well together, I realized that I need to marry a guy with whom I could serve the Lord effectively.” 2 likes
“Instead, view them as brothers in Christ and choose to love them in ways that genuinely bring God glory.” 1 likes