Start by marking “Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #6)” as Want to Read:
Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #6)

Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures #6)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  5,396 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Skeeve bluffs his way into a high-stakes game of dragon poker-and wins! But now he's left with Markie, a pint-sized IOU left by a player who went broke. She conjures up a house full of trouble every time she tries to cast a spell. And now the dragon poker champion has challenged Skeeve to a game-with a pot of half a million.
Published August 29th 2006 by Ace (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Little Myth Marker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Myth Marker

Gavin
This sixth book in the Myth Adventures series was one of the best and most hilarious of the whole series.

Skeeve tries his hand at the notoriously difficult game of dragon poker and, despite not knowing the rules, has a lucky streak and wins. Unfortunately one of the players cannot pay in full and leaves Skeeve with his "marker". Which turns out to be a little girl!. To make matters worse Skeeve's Mob boss Don Bruce has decided to gift him with a moll to "keep up appearances". Skeeve goes from c
Desinka
I loved this new installment. It was as much fun as the previous one and I ca say he series's getting better and better! This particular adventure was very, very entertaining. Gambling at the bazaar at Diva. What else can one expect? It was great to have new additions to the team and see them all working together. I also loved the theme of the book - parenting. Aahz's take on the topic was quite interesting.

So, reading on:)
Wiebke (1book1review)
This adventure really showed how Skeeve thinks and feels about his troupe and that he can be smart, too.
A fun read as usual.
East Bay J
Little Myth Marker is one of the better of the Myth books. More Aahz and Skeeve and a good little storyline. Lots of mystery and intrigue. The “marker” idea is hilarious! Skeeve’s a daddy! Sort of. The chapter quotes continue to be excellent. Asprin does a fine job showing how Skeeve’s growing up and becoming a man. Still could use more illustrations from Foglio but there you go. This is easily one of the best series ever.
Andi
Feb 23, 2010 Andi added it
I've read enough of the series to understand how the twists and turns will work by the end, which, of course, only makes me smug and obnoxious when I'm finally proved right.
Ryk Stanton
Book 6 in the series, one of my favorite series of all times. There's nothing too complex about these books, not much that's going to plague your mind and keep you up until the wee hours of morning considering intricate philosophies or the meaning of existence. Just good solid entertaining characters and plot. These are also very short reads, so you can consume these in a day or two each.

If you decide to give it a shot, start with book one: Another Fine Myth. That will give you a taste of the ch
Rob
This was one of the myth books I remembered having liked the most when I read it in 7th grade. i really liked the dragon poker match and then loaning out all of the money. Good book and then at the end they formed the company M.Y.T.H inc.
Walt
The sixth book in the myth series. This storyline was very clever. I had no idea who the villian(s) were until the very end.
Spigana
Mītu sērija uzņem apgriezienus un šī noteikti ir viena no labākajām sērijas grāmatām, te īsti nav pat kam piekasīties.
Skīva slava turpina augt un nu viņam beidzot nākas arī nopietni sastapties ar šīs slavas sekām. Pie kam, Skīvs beidzot sāk atgādināt saprātīgu būtni, kas noteikti uzlabo visu šo pasākumu, arī stāsts pie viena kļūst dziļāks. Un beidzot varoņu emocionālās atklāsmes vairs neizklausās bezcerīgi banālas, bet gan veiksmīgi iederas sižetā.
Un nevar noliegt, ka šinī grāmatā ir aprakstīta
Fatbaldguy60
Not bad, some decent new characters.
Tyrannosaurus regina
What I remember about this book is that I didn't get the title until long after I read the book. That, and I wanted to play dragon poker, but isn't that the case with almost all invented games and sports in fantasy and science fiction?

If it wasn't clear already, this is the point at which you really see that Skeeve is just ludicrously successful at everything. Even when he sucks, he wins. It is kind of fun at first because it's pure wish fulfillment, but at a certain point it just gets offensive
Ensiform
The sixth Myth Adventures book. Skeeve lucks into a big win in a Dragon Poker game at the Bazaar, leading to three unwanted consequences. The first is Skeeve reluctantly taking charge of titular Markie, a little girl left as an actual "marker" in the game by a losing player; the second is a challenge to a face-off by the greatest player in the dimensions, the Sen-Sen Ante Kid, a challenge which Skeeve’s reputation cannot refuse; and the third is the news that a coterie of merchants have hired th ...more
John Kirk
The best compliment I can give this book is that it's a mystery story which holds up to re-readings. Once you know "whodunnit", a second reading will reveal clues that you might have missed the first time around, so the writer plays fair by giving you enough information to work it out for yourself. At the same time, there are valid reasons for the characters (and reader) to miss those clues. Also, there are enough other things going on that the story doesn't rely on the mystery.

There are some ne
Joseph
I wasn't into this book at the beginning, as it was very much a character piece and I didn't have anything invested in the characters, as I have not read the previous books in this series. By the end I loved these characters and was drawn into the world of the book, so I am willing to give other books in the series a try to see if this one just had a really slow, uneventful beginning.
Keziah Wallis
While I enjoyed this book more than the previous one, I still found the characterization of Skeeve irritating. I can appreciate the direction that Asprin is taking him in only because I know how things are going to lead, but when I first read this book his actions annoyed me no end. The explanations of Dragon Poker made me laugh however and I really want to find some rules and give the game a play myself. I mean two dozen conditional modifiers in a match??

The dynamics that Markie stirs up with h
Jessica
First time ever - Skeeve figures something out that none of his friends know. He figures out who it was that set him up.

This was a bit of a step back for me. It was a little more easy to figure out and to foresee what was going to happen, which was a little disappointing.

And I was a little frustrated by Skeeve's insistence to do things on his own, knowing that his friends only wanted to teach him, and to help save him from himself. His naivete started to get a bit old, and I fully expected him
Carrie Courter
Loved it

Love the Myth books. So glad they are in ebook format, so I can read them again. My son loves reading my old paperbacks. Skeeve, Aahz, and the rest are like old friends :)
Chris Chivers
This has been my favorite of the myth books. You get to see how true friendship should work and am deeper insight into the various characters. By far the best of the series to date.
Shane
Read this a long time ago. I love these characters. Not as funny, not as much action. If it was longer it would only get 2 stars.
Ints
Diezgan interesants lasāmais, teiktu, ka interesantāka par iepriekšējo. Autors, šķiet, beidzot ir sapratis ko darīt ar saviem izdomātajiem tēliem un viņi ir kļuvuši daudz dzīvāki nekā iepriekšējos darbos. Drakonu pokers nenoliedzami ir interesanta spēle, lai gan šķiet izanalizējot to ar spēļu teorijas palīdzību pie tik sarežģītiem noteikumiem tajā noteikti būtu iespējama uzvarošā stratēģija. visādi citādi jauks darbs par ģimeni, draugiem un kolēģime. Par atbildību un, protams, reputāciju.
Elle Butantan
Great twist! I didn't expect the conclusion at all.
Tommy /|\
Asprin continues with his pun-filled world of Deevils, Perverts...err...Pervects, and other assorted characters of an odd nature. However, this time he adds two interesting new characters. One is a young child whom Skeeve wins in a card game. As the player who lost didn;t have the money to pay, he leaves Skeeve with a marker - hence the title of the book. The other is Bunny, Skeeve's appointed moll from the Fairy GodFather. Both characters set forth to wreack havoc on Skeeve and his gang of frie ...more
Joel Lantz
More of the same, which is fine.
Tony Matthews
Another great myth
Dehibberdwrites
Robert Asprin writes brilliant humor in his MYTH series. He creates an odd assortment of characters that are fun to read about. I would read the books to my family and we laughed our way through all the books. If you like humor, magic, mobsters, demons, dragons, and other such characters, read Robert's MYTH books. If you don't like those kinds of characters, read the books and you will come away with some crazy new friends.
yellowbird
This is where Robert Asprin started to lose me. Any book with a M.Y.T.H. Inc. in the title was so overloaded with characters that it was almost unreadable. I loved the original books, because they were fun and simple fantasy stories with a main character who was out of his depth, but determined to make the best of it. And I still miss the light-hearted fantasy that Asprin used to write.
Chappy
Oct 06, 2013 Chappy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
just when I think these books cant keep entertaining me, making me think and make me laugh all at the same time, another brilliant instalment in the series. at first you think skeeve and the others have no idea what's going on, it all works itself out in the end. Once again I highly recommend this book to any fan of reading. clever characters, a brilliant story and lots of laughs for all ages.
Tom Loock
Re-read in December 2013. Little Myth Marker is still funny, but it's a bit thin story-wise if you take out the rules and description of the (dragon) poker game. Bunny is a very nice addition to the motley crew. On to the next one.
Harry-Dean
It was a good read. Interesting ideas throughout the book with twists and conflicts, everything that should be in a book, but for my level of reading there just wasn't enough impact. It's definitely designed as a transition book for young readers.
If you are a lover of Terry Pratchett you'll like this one. Similar story line however can never match Terry's writing style.

Sweet little story. Will definately pick up some more as an easy read
Goodreads Librari...: Little Myth Marker 3 136 Jan 18, 2015 05:34PM
  • A Night in the Netherhells
  • Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted
  • Castle Perilous (Castle Perilous, #1)
  • Chicks in Chainmail (Chicks in Chainmail, #1)
  • Heroics for Beginners
  • The Day of the Dissonance (Spellsinger, #3)
  • The Blood of Ten Chiefs (The Blood of Ten Chiefs, #1)
  • The Warlock Unlocked (Warlock, #3)
  • Man from Mundania (Xanth, #12)
Robert (Lynn) Asprin was born in 1946. While he wrote some stand alone novels such as Cold Cash War, Tambu and The Bug Wars and also the Duncan and Mallory Illustrated stories, Bob is best known for his series fantasy, such as the Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve, the Phule’s Company novels and the Time Scout novels written with Linda Evans. He also edited the groundbreaking Thieves’ World antho ...more
More about Robert Lynn Asprin...

Myth Adventures (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1)
  • Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2)
  • Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3)
  • Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4)
  • Myth-ing Persons (Myth Adventures, #5)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link (Myth Adventures, #7)
  • Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections (Myth Adventures, #8)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action (Myth Adventures, #9)
  • Sweet Myth-Tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #10)
  • Myth-ion Improbable (Myth Adventures, #11)
Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1) Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2) Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3) Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4) Phule's Company (Phule's Company, #1)

“They never let you live it down. One little mistake!"- Nero” 5 likes