Start by marking “Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)

Death Run (Rich and Jade #2)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  352 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
In this action-packed companion to Sure Fire, teen twins Rich and Jade Chance are finally on vacation in Venice with their father--or so they think. In reality, the British government has sent master spy John Chance to keep tabs on a Swiss banker who is desperately trying to escape from the Tiger, a ruthless criminal mastermind.
Published October 15th 2008 by Putnam Publishing Group (first published October 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Death Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Run

Samuel Tyler
Jack Higgins returns and that can only mean Sean Dillion is also here with yet another cookie cutter adventure. Hold the presses…. This is not a Dillon book, but ‘Death Run’, one of the short lived teen fiction novels that Higgins wrote in conjunction with Justin Richards. In book two, Rich and Jade Chance are together with their agent father John. They think they are on a holiday in Monaco, but for John it is more of a Busman’s Holiday when he is tasked with smuggling out an informant from unde ...more
Mark
Aug 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spy-thriller
My second foray into Higgin's young adult arena...so-so...not going to continue in this Higgin's area
Angela
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this is a Y.A series yes, but boy is it good!!! The books are action packed, quick and easy to get into and I seem to devour them a little too quickly. Luckily I have the next 2 in the series to keep me amused a little longer, so on to the next I go........
A.Karunagarnsydstu.Catholic.Edu.Au
This was a very good suspense book to continue the 1st book. This author is very good at giving supens and giving information at different times and sum it all up at the end. It is a very fun and interesting book.
stephanie
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Another good YA novel.
Robbie
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
After reading Sure Fire from Jack Higgins, I'd have to say that this book was better than the first. Again, Higgins who wrote "The Eagle has Landed" crosses into the young adult market with the help of Justin Richards to create a fast paced teen action novel.

Again we follow Rich and Jade the twins who have finally settled down with their dad after all the spy action. But of course, sooner than expected both are launched back in when unfinished business from the last dangerous encounter reaches t
Ria
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This might be classed as a YA or "teen lit" but its just as exciting as a full blown thriller with a sophisticated storyline.
Jade and Rich Chance are once again embroiled in their father's undercover intelligence work.
When a mafia banker switches sides and wants to expose the illicit accounts of his clients the underworld goes crazy and are hot on his tail and so is John Chance to save his life but with a mole in the mix its a "death run."
Another brilliant story in the Chance twins series and I
Alex
Nov 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Jade and Rich are on vacation with their father, a known spy for MI5, when they run into a mysterious group in Italy with possible mafia connections. As Jade and Rich start school the same group of people turn up and then Rich is kidnapped from their school.
As Jade and their father mount a rescue operation, someone highup in MI5 is exposed as a double agent. Lots of explosions and gunfire and action.

Fans of the Andy McNabb or Alex Rider series will enjoy this light yet fun read.
Scott Vout
May 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Jack Higgins was for the longest time my favourite author.

This book was one of a couple he collaberated on for the young adult crowd. I gave this one to my teenage son in hopes of getting him hooked on Higgins just like dad.

Being Higgins i of course had to read it.

It is what it is, ok at best, prefaced with the sentament that i had started to turn away from higgins at the time i read this one.

Good for the young adult but not a great Higgins effort
T.M. Carper
A lite YA novel that's good for younger teens or those who like their books short. A watered-down thriller featuring a set of twins and their spy father.

Mostly dialogue and action, little description. Decent.
Lauren Hutkin
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book as well. It is similar to Sharp Shot as it is a book that is very hard to put down because every chapter ends with a cliff hanger. It's a really good book to read if you are looking for something that is entertaining and fun to read.
Joleen
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is full action and keeps you going from the first. It is great for kids who really don't like to read.
Hazel Roberts
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lisened-to
PLENTY OF ACTION I KNOW I'M AT LEAST 50 YEARS OLDER THAN INTENDED AUDIENCE BUT WHAT THE HECK
Bibliom
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good. Not as good as a full blown Higgins. It's a good intro Higgins book, well written with a good plot.
Lee-anne Mager
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyable read
Al Cormier
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good story. Action packed from the beginning.
Rich
May 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
See my review of Sure Fire. If Higgins and Richards want to make more of this series, it's fine by me.
Tricia
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable story about teen twins in over the top, impossible situations, but definitely very fun to read.
Omg-books-are-my-thing!
It was good but not as good as the first one. It was kind of slow.
Trevor Valdez
I liked it. It was about two kids and their father are in a conflict with a brittish spy and they are doing very dangerous things throughout the book.
PWRL
Bobi
Dec 07, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Twister (Code Red, #5)
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • Avenger (Boy Soldier, #3)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Revenge (Jason Steed, #2)
  • Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)
  • Gideon's Day (Gideon, #1)
  • The Torn Branch
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Rich and Jade (4 books)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade, #3)
  • First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Speak Easy, Speak Love
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
  • Been Here All Along