Start by marking “Dating (Choose Your Own Misery #3)” as Want to Read:
Dating (Choose Your Own Misery #3)

Dating

(Choose Your Own Misery #3)

From The Onion alum writers Mike MacDonald and Jilly Gagnon comes a hilarious choose-your-own-path story to that will save you hours of suffering on Tinder.

The only thing worse than getting back on the dating horse? The brutal loneliness of perpetual singledom.

That's why you're putting in the effort to find your soulmate...or at least someone to warm your bed for a night.
Published May 29th 2018 by Diversion Books

To ask other readers questions about Dating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating

Start your review of Dating (Choose Your Own Misery #3)
Kirsty
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, romance
I played this through 6 times, and each time the story was funny, unpredictable and thoroughly grim. Great fun all round.
Vonia
Choose Your Own Misery: Dating
by Jilly Gagnon and Mike MacDonald
Read: 5/1/19
Rating: 1.5/5

Choose whichever sleazy or vulgar scenario you want- from bad to worse to worst!
Your chance to escape your mundane life for a few hours, but can these writers from “The Onion” offer anything more preferable?
Own your choices- as in the original series from your childhood, you decide how the story goes.
Misery, unfortunately, seems to be your only choice- where are the good endings you so fondly recall?
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I would like to thank Mike MacDonald, Jilly Gagnon, Diversion Books, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Choose Your Own Misery: Dating by Mike MacDonald & Jilly Gagnon is a MUST READ for any single ladies or men out there!! This book had me rolling on the floor laughing hysterically at most of the book! I loved how the author pokes fun of Tinder, Speed Dating, Online Dating, etc. I have been there and done that and felt their pain. However, their
Bunny
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-in-18
The person you never realized was perfect for you going to greater and greater lengths to make you theirs? Getting catfished is just a new name for everyone's favorite love story.

Of all the Choose Your Own Misery books, this has been my least favorite. That being said, please note that I laughed my fool head off at the first two, and cannot recommend enough picking them up, for a bit of nostalgia, a lot of cringing, and buckets of cackling.

And this one provided all three of those, though the cr
Caffeinated Fae
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
When you first start this book, listen to the warning. This book is sure to leave you entertained, depressed, scared, scarred and slightly relieved that you have gone so far in your life without knowing that "wound sex" is a thing. Choose Your Own Misery: Dating was hilarious! I couldn't put it down and all of the adventures were funny, scary, or downright disturbing. I loved that you could play as a man or a woman. It really did put it in perspective that everyone has it bad.

If you need a laug
Cassandra
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
As soon as i seen this book listed on Netgalley, i knew i wanted to read it. I was a huge fan of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books as a child, as i was so excited to get the chance to read an adult version. I played through twice already, once as each sex, and i will probably be playing through a few more times before the weeks end. Although this book has some modern subjects ( online dating being the main topic ) it still had a shot of nostalgia and i loved that about it. I will be keeping ...more
Tiegan
The female story lines were pretty varied, which was interesting. The male story lines were kind of repetitive, with a number of them ending with encountering the same couple of people. I did think it was interesting that the female story lines focused on having a one night stand, with only a couple of them ending in very odd and disturbing long term relationships. But the male story lines were about trying to find a long term relationship, or get back with an ex. There were some pretty funny en ...more
Beth Younge
I was intrigued by this book and i loved the concept of picking your own depressing love life. I thought the heterosexual side was well thought out and there was a lot of choices to pick from however there was only one lesbian option and the ending for that was suitably depressing, given the nature of the book. I think this is a fun pick me up once in a while but it's not a book that i would say is one of the must reads around.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Chase Parsley
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another hilarious, rated-R installment in this series. I think it is cool how half of the storylines are from a guy’s dating life and the other half are from a woman’s. That being said, I liked the girl’s side better...I did not relate to the guy’s character (he is kind of a hipster, nerdy sort). Regardless, many of the storylines were very entertaining!

For me, I’d say that the Office is the best of the series, then the Holidays, then this one. Keep ‘em coming please! :)
Olivia Susan
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! I am a huge fan of choose your own adventure books. This one has tons of different scenarios to choose from and let's you be two different characters. It's great if you have ever done online dating which most of us have. It's a quick, joyful read. This book would be a great gift!

I was given this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Saran Walker
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this in the bath and laughed so hard I almost dropped the book. 10/10 would struggle to maintain slippery grip on this volume again.
Marie
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2020
Desi
Apr 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
This book was super funny. I read through it twice - once as a female, once as a guy - and especially appreciated the sardonic humor in choosing the male path ("ah, to be born into a patriarchy jackpot.") Would be a really funny gift for serially single friends or anyone recently out of a relationship! ...more
Jajna
Nov 13, 2020
Kyle Jordan
Jul 19, 2018
Mary Hill
Apr 19, 2019
Jim
May 21, 2018 added it
the first book i downloaded to my kindle and it is meant for someone younger and hipper than i am. gave up after a few pages, i don't think i was meant to be the intended reader. not rating it because it would be unfair to the writers. reminded me of The Preppy Handbook and Real Men Don't Eat Quiche. ...more
Hannah
rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2018

• Tender Is the Flesh
  • Edward Trencom's Nose: A Novel of History, Dark Intrigue, and Cheese
  • The Making of Modern China: The Ming Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty (1368–1912)
  • Old School
  • 'Tis the Season for Romance
  • The Big Book of Hell
  • No Room at the Morgue
  • 21 Proms
  • Eat a Peach
  • The Gin Lover's Guide to Dating
  • Love & Olives (Love & Gelato, #3)
  • Teen Killers Club
  • The Gift
  • Purezento
  • Home for the Holidays
  • The Piano Student
  • Summer Fling: A Sexy Summer Anthology
  • The Package

Choose Your Own Misery (3 books)
  • The Office (Choose Your Own Misery #1)
  • The Holidays (Choose Your Own Misery #2)