Start by marking “Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles?” as Want to Read:
Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles?

Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles?

A new addition to Carmela Coyle's Do Princesses...? series! Join our favorite princess as she explores a sandy beach!
Published June 30th 2018 by Muddy Boots

To ask other readers questions about Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles?

Start your review of Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles?
Carla Johnson-Hicks
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is another great picture book in the "Do Princesses...." series by Carmela LaVigna Coyle. "Join our favorite princess as she explores her favourite beach!"

This picture book has cute illustrations that show us our princess, her brother and parents participating in various beach related activities. The text (story) is told in rhyme which makes it even more fun. I had to show my daughter the illustration of the princess after being knocked over by a wave while on a boogie board. I have a video
Cat
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH, my! I would have sworn the illustrator also did Horrid Henry books. Whoops! Well, they may look the same, but I find them very appealing. I loved the story itself, a day at the beach with the kids. You can't go wrong with that! AND in rhyme making it so much better! Great story to bring along on the trip (read before hitting the beach, sand will likely ruin he book.). Or maybe a good read when the trip is over to relive some memories of the trip. The littles will enjoy it. Kudos to both the ...more
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles? is a children's book filled with the enchantment of spending a day at the beach exploring the mysteries of the ocean (Why does the ocean seem to stop at the beach? How does a shell makes the sounds of the sea?) and enjoying activities on the sand and in the water. Fun and colorful illustrations enhance this rhyming story and will make any child (or adult!) excited for their next day at the beach.
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for a digital ARC to review.
Candace
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for the kiddos. Great illustrations and cute question and answer type format about beachy things. Especially nice for the summer or beach lovers! This will be a frequent reread!
Jen Solak
This book doesn't have any sort of plot? I know it is a children's book, but it should tell a story. It could be useful to introduce the concept of the shore or the ocean to a child? There is nothing WRONG with the book, but I don't know what it adds to a library.
Storywraps
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fun book captures a perfect day at the beach and will have you longing to join in on the adventure. Two adorable children explore all the amazing possibilities that a beach day has to offer.

They check out the diverse sand critters on the beach, build awesome sandcastles with their shovels and pails, float on the water riding on plump inflated toys, and they catch a wave on a new boogie board that was tailor-made for this very day, just to name a few. How fun is that?

The illustrations are
Iris Cardozo
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry-5
This book is about a little girl who wonders if princesses live in sandcastles, a day spend on the beach with her family she starts asking a lot of questions. While playing with her little brother she thinks out loud, wondering why things happen on the beach. The author writes this book with rhyming words to get the readers attention.
Etienne
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, kid's funny/humor, and even some basic facts about beach and sea. Simple, nothing marvelous, but no mistakes or failed neither. Maybe it can be used before a first beach trip with your kids to see and anticipate what they will see on their vacation.
Marcie
Rhymes seemed a bit forced and not sure what the princesses meant. I think I read some of the older ones in the series and I liked it (them) better
Savannah Hendricks
Cute rhyming story.
Susan Underbrink
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A big thank you to NetGalley and Rowman and Littlefield for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This book has lovely graphics!! A fun day at the beach, but the title is never even mentioned. Kids are going to ask for an answer. It's a fun, cute book. I rated it a 4.
Meghan Peach
Jessica
Mar 20, 2020
Emily
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the rhymes in Do Princesses Live in Sandcastles? They were definitely the best part of the book. The last page didnt seem to fit the rest of the book, but it was fun so it didnt bother me too much. Kids will like it and its a good read aloud. ...more
Niki Storey
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a big fan of all of the other "Do Princesses..." books by Carmela LaVigna Coyle, I was excited to see this new Princess adventure! Find all of your questions about the beach and the ocean answered by the little Princess in this adorable book! From sandcastles to mermaids and everything in between little princesses everywhere will adore this trip to the beach! As always, the illustrations by Mike Gordon bring the characters to life and are a wonderful asset to this charming story. Prepare for ...more
Jessica McAllister
This was a cute book about exploring all the things you can do at the beach. Perfect summer storytime read.
I received an ARC of the book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Beverly
Aug 23, 2018
Kyle Hunter
rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2019
Bookingwithme
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and my daughter did also. It was fun, easy to follow and the illustrations were cute, fun and colorful!
Cat
Nov 26, 2018
Brooke
Jan 24, 2019
Annese
Apr 29, 2019
Erin
A cute book that shows a different way to be a princess. We follow a family as they spend time at the beach and learn about sand and waves and the animals that call the shore home.
Cassandra
A cute children's book about the excitement and wonder of all the things that you can see during a day at the beach. The illustrations were beautifully done. The soft colors where perfect, the illustrations were fun and simple, and I felt that it came together nicely to create a book that children will be sure to love.

I have received a much appreciated digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Julie
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is for every child that is in love and awe of the ocean. Fun rhyming text and cute quirky pictures make this book a fun read. It captures all the magic a child imagines while at the beach. Loved it. #netgalley
Debby
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable little story that I will share with my granddaughters! Always looking for fun girl stories, and what's not to like? Sun, sand, and beaches, all the things we really love!! Very cute!!!
Charity  Bartley Howard
Apr 09, 2018

• As Warm as the Sun
  • Don't Touch My Hair!
  • Can I Be Your Dog?
  • My Cat Looks Like My Dad
  • Do I Have to Wear a Coat?
  • One of These Is Not Like the Others
  • The Crayon Man: the True Story of the Invention of Crayola Crayons
  • Nobody Hugs a Cactus
  • Up On Bob
  • Save Your Friends!
Carmela LaVigna Coyle's first book, Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? is enjoyed by little princesses everywhere. And now there are several Do Princess titles to choose from. She writes from her studio in Colorado with a puppy on her lap, and beside a wall of glass "to better see the seasons."

Carmela wrote her first story, "Forget-Me-Not," when she was ten-years-old. She hasn't forgotten it... she