Start by marking “Cruz (Diablo’s Throne, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruz (Diablo’s Throne, #1)

Cruz

(Diablo’s Throne #1)

She hates fighting. He lives for it.

Layla’s vicious past drove her away from her hometown. She couldn’t live with all the reminders surrounding her, so she ran.

Cruz Felix found a new home. A place where he could get his head on straight, train, and fight match after match toward the end goal: the championship in Las Vegas. It’s the one thing in his life he wants more than
ebook
Published January 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cruz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruz

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

CRUZ: is the first book in HJ Bellus’s ‘Diablo’s Throne’ sports series. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ In this we meet Layla and Cruz.

Layla a travelling ER nurse is the apple of her fathers eye, and much loved by her grandmother who took the place of her mother when her mother suddenly left when she was younger on mother’s day which had a devastating effect on her.

Coming back home for a well needed vacation doesn’t
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
3.5 stars.

Can we talk about the cover? #covergasm.

Now let's move on to the heroine... YES!! 🙌🏼
A heroine who was sexually experienced. Not a shy little virgin here, she had f*ck buddies.. I liked her!!

"I get knocked down, back up on my feet, then eat shit while crumbling once again”

“I got pissed and punched the dickhead. When Cruz pulled me off him, I kicked him in the nuts”

“My Latina temper is dying to come out and play”

Yes!! My kind of heroine. But of course she has her moments, jealousy and t
Tpagirl
Cruz was the first book in the Diablo’s Throne MMA series by HJ Bellus. It was a spin-off from Bellus’ Reckless series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I would have understood the dynamics better had I already read it; therefore, I plan to back track and read the full Reckless series next.

Cruz Felix, The Notorious Rumbler, was a successful MMA Heavyweight fighter. He lost his father a year ago and continued to struggle with his loss. He was solely focused on his fights, was known to be aloo
Alex ♈
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe, strong-heroine
I agree with Leonor.

However the plots with evil mother(s) make me very uncomfortable. I'm a lucky girl to have an amazing mother; that's why every story, they portray a mother figure as evil woman + trash her character, doesn't sit well with me.
Danny
Oh, man... this was absolutely awesome!!!
With each passing day, I'm getting more and more addicted to sports romances. I love the thrill they give. The feeling that I'm the one fighting/racing/playing. It's amazing!!

This was my first read by H.J. Bellus and I have to say I'm in love. I loved every second of this read. It has everything: love, heartbreak, suspense, protective alpha, happiness and the most important aspect of this book is family. The Diablo's Throne is a huge and loyal family. The
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 💖🥊🌟s‼ ...more
Coco.V
Jul 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝💝FREE on Amazon today (7/4/2018)!💝💝

Blurb:
She hates fighting. He lives for it.

Layla's vicious past drove her away from her hometown. She couldn't live with all the reminders surrounding her--so she ran.

Cruz Felix found a new home, a place where he could get his head on straight, train, and fight match after match toward the end goal--the championship in Las Vegas. It's the one thing in his life he wants more than anything, and it's all in the name of his deceased father.

Until Layla returns home.
Alexi Ferreira
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Cassie, 5 stars

Holy smokes what a start to H.J. Bellus’s MMA fighter series! If you like a smoking hot alpha and feisty heroine then this is a must read. I have never read this author before and now I must go read everything she has written.

Cruz and Layla meet on the worst day of Layla’s life and he is there for her every day after that. Layla is a feisty, sassy and take no nonsense lady. She has been knocked down in life and has some trust and abandonment issues, but Cruz is just the guy to ge
Michelle
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arc
A family tragedy brings 2 people together. The similarities in their lives make them soul mates from the beginning. Or it should, but what happens when communication is key?.. And then throw in the crazies that won't leave their lives alone. So many twists in this book that you don't see coming. A definite MUST READ from HJ Bellus!!
Bev
I've tried twice to read this but the DRAMA and OTT histrionics is too much for me so @ 27% I'm tapping out.
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Did someone say...MMA....ohh Lawdd yess...Love me a fighter book. They are all hot and sweaty and dirty and very alpha male!!! Yupp...Checked off all those wants in my reads..haha

Dang, Cruz was sooo freaking good!!! I picked this book up, well, cuz #1 I just love me some HJ Bellus and #2, I just mentioned, an MMA fighter!! lol And last but not least, the next book in the series is Jag and ohh goodness, you will meet him in Cruz's book and you will sooo fall in love with him as well!! I want to m
Lydia H
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about the sexy Puertorican known as Cruz other than he was one hot MMA fighter?! Well, he wasn't just easy on the eyes, but funny, down to earth, loyal, and trustworthy too...and I absolutely LOVED his character!!

I loved how well and deep Cruz and Layla connected. In other book reviews, I've said how characters were perfect for each other, but I swear, not like these two. They not only completed each other but they truly balanced and grounded each other out too.

Things were not al
Mayas
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That one person who can pick you up from the depths of your despair. It is all about helping you cope and get through a pain like no other. Cruz was that for Layla. A friend when needed, no questions asked. Only a shared experience from two different times. A protector, donut and shot having conrad.

This story was about coming home, physically and emotionally. Family, support, and closure. Love was found along the way and trust was gained, fist were thrown, and completeness was had. HJ Bellus cr
Kim  Brewing
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I actually wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I loved the female character Layla. This no shirking violet. She can and will take care of herself, but sometimes her emotions get the best of her...and that's why she left home and her family years ago. Her homecoming doesn't go as planned but there is someone there to help her get through the worst of times - Cruz. He was your typically MMA book boyfriend, complete with growls. For me it was Layla that kept me interested. I loved ...more
Danielle Harris
The book was just ok. I rolled my eyes a lot with this one. The funny parts wasn't that funny, and I felt it was immature. The moterboating, and poptart scene was weird. Other than that it was ok. I do love the cover though.
Le Ann Foster
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions**

I gave this book 4.5 stars!!!

I love anything H.J. writes and this new series has got me wanting the next book asap!!! I love her writing style, storylines, and her characters that she comes up with. She has a way of keeping her readers hooked from the first word to the last.

I fell in love Cruz's character from the start, he loyal, down to earth, funny and one Hell of a MMA fighter!!! Layla took me a first chapter to get a feel for her and once I got tha
Tammi
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MMA fighters are HOT!
Cruz is HOT!
Cruz the MMA fighter is scorching!!

The story of Cruz and Layla is an emotional one both were a bit broken in the same way. Hurt by someone who is supposed to love you the most. Brought together in Laylas worst pain they healed each other and made an emotional story HOT! I freakin love a bit of steam with my tears in a book.
So very happy to hear that one of my favorite side characters is getting a book. Did I mention I think MMA fighters are HOT! Yep going to lo
Heather andrews
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cruz is quite the alpha, macho man, “you’re a jealous one. That effing turns me on.” His grip tightens on my ***. “Run from me, Layla. I’ll chase you down and ravage your body until you can’t effing walk straight.” Cruz could be an animal, “I wanted to take you right on the effing chair so everyone could see you were mine.” I liked this book, I loved Cruz and the other guys, I can't wait for the others to get their own books.
Jos
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars Love me some Cruz

Ahhhhh, this was a great read. At moments, Layla got a teeny tiny bit on my nerves...her temper for one BUT all in all a great couple:)

I cannot wait to dive into this series. It certainly started off with a bang and the group we got introduced to, well, let's say it should be a great ride!!!!!
Hayley
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fucking amazing!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Diane Holtry
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta, purchased
An amazing story!
Abuela is feisty and funny - she's got spunk even on her death bed
Jag needs his own story - #justsayin

One of my favorite quotes from Jag:
“With a cock like this,” Jag grabs his junk, “there ain’t no stopping my game. Natural born motherfucking champion.”

The "sibling" banter between Jag and Layla was hilarious
An emotional ride - HJ Bellus made me LOL AND made me cry!
The sparks flew off the pages between Cruz and Layla - H.O.T.
Cruz' entrance song will forever be ingrained in my m
Gwen Shafer
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love H.J and her writing. This one proves that. I love Cruz. There is just something about a fighter with a soft side. I love how he is there for Layla when she needs someone the most and is there anytime that she needs him . But at the same time she is there for Cruz when he needs someone. This was an amazing well written story line with some great characters that had great chemistry. As in most of her books there is that heart wrenching moment that you dont see coming. But then sh ...more
Brynne Hounsell
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotionally amazing one-two punch you are going to get from HJ Bellus. Layla was raised by her father and grandmother because her mom, wanting nothing to do with her left at a young age. Layla held out hope for awhile that she would return but that didn't happen. Being raised by a MMA fighter meant she wanted nothing to do with them, that is until she met Cruz. Cruz was also raised by a single father and these two have a dynamic bond that you can not break.

You will laugh, out loud an
Tiffany
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didn't want to put it down!!! Layla is a strong girl raised by her Dad & Grandmother, her mother left her very young & never looked back. The person she loved most, Ash, hurt her the most so when she has a chance to escape her hometown & MMA fighting, she flees as fast as she can. Layla does visit often but as far as helping her Dad in his gym, no thanks.
When she goes back for a visit it ends up with her grandmother passing & turning her life upside down. Will the past she turne
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Cruz Filled Stars!!!✯✯

HJ Bellus continues to prove why she’s becoming one of my new fav authors. I only recently found her why she co-wrote a few books. This is her second book she strictly wrote. I legit no joke read this in one sitting, less then 5 hours and I was done.

Layla grew up with her dad and her abuela (grandma) after her mother walked out on them. Layla’s father is an MMA fighter and she grew up with him coming home covered in bruises. Layla loves her father more then anythin
Kristina Montigny
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to find a good MMA book!! I love me a good fight book! This one was packed full of drama and action and a feisty latina. And of course, all the hottie MMA guys! We also get a little bit of mystery in this book, secrets and that was intriguing. Throughout the book, we get a bit of humor peppered in and a rivalry that is a bit scary at one point. I was a bit shocked at how far Ash took his "scare tactic". It was pretty messed up and I was glad Cruz showed him the love right back.

Cr
Shani
I’ve read a few of HJ’s other books in the past and have really enjoyed them. The ones I have read were chock full of humor and sass. This one though, was totally different than those!

Cruz is the first book in her Diablo Throne MMA Series and includes characters that will make another appearance in later books.

Layla is tough and has been through hell. The hell she lives with internally has done a lot to keep her closed off from those she loves the most. She ran away from her past as fast as she
2OCC Reviews
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cruz was a short steamy MMA romance novel that had an enjoyable storyline. I enjoyed the storyline of the story and found that it was a great beginning for a new series by this author. There was a lot of emotion entwined throughout the story and some angst that really had my heart breaking. Both of the main characters had a lot of chemistry with each other and both faced a lot of lost.

Layla, I enjoyed reading about because of the strength that she showed throughout the story and the way that she
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
HJ Bellus has outdone herself with Cruz. Something totally new, but packing just as much heat and swoon worthy romance as all her books. Cruz knocked me right off my feet. This book isn’t just good, this book is AMAZING! A top favorite, reread again and again, stick with you forever kind of read. I can’t say enough how much I love this book. I stayed up all night reading it and I have no regrets. Who needs sleep when you’ve got Cruz and Layla?

There was no slowing down with this book, the longer
Cruz 1 3 Dec 01, 2017 06:41PM
  • Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1)
  • Olin (A Brikken Motorcycle Club Saga, #3)
  • Diva in the Dugout: All Is Fair in Love and Baseball
  • Hunter (Campus Kings): A Football Secret Baby Novel
  • Breaking Beast (Pounding Hearts, #4)
  • Running Game
  • Illicit Temptations (Tempted Series, #1)
  • Acting on Temptation (Temptations, #2)
  • Sports Baby
  • Glock (The Bad Disciples MC #4)
  • Boxer Beast
  • Fighting For Your Love (Fighting #4)
  • Merciless (Alpha Bodyguard, #2)
  • Fighting Pride
  • Promise
  • When Constellations Form (Light in the Dark, #4)
  • Jock
  • Stacked Up (Worth the Fight, #6)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2tjmFtN
BookBub: http://bit.ly/

Diablo’s Throne (3 books)
  • Jag (Diablo’s Throne, #2)
  • Trick (Diablo's Throne, #3)