Start by marking “Christmas in Smithville (Hometown, #4)” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Smithville (Hometown, #4)

Christmas in Smithville

(Hometown #4)

Gloria hasn’t had an easy life, she’s learned her lessons the hard way. She may have dressed flashy and dated a lot, but that’s in the past. Now she’s determined to change her reputation, and working along side the women in town as they prepare for the Christmas Pageant will give her a chance to prove she’s not a flirt. Small towns never forget, but will Smithville give he ...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 217 pages
Published December 1st 2017 by Augustine Press

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Smithville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Smithville

Start your review of Christmas in Smithville (Hometown, #4)
D.M.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gloria is a beautiful woman. Unfortunately, she is also unlucky in love. She lives in the small town of Smithville, where everyone knows everyone and your social life is ripe gossip.

Gloria has dated most of the men in town and the local women have started to resent her. She has dated most of their husbands before they committed. Now she feels she shouldn’t dress nicely or go on any more dates. She feels her chance to find love has passed. She has low self-esteem and doesn’t want people to notic
J. W. Garrett
“A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear.” Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac

I would like to thank the publisher for this ARC [advanced reader copy] provided via Netgalley.

Book 1: Hometown Girl at Heart: Tara and Justin
Book 2: Hometown Girl After All: Julia and Chad
Book 3: Hometown Girl Forever: Lizzie and Elliot

After I started reading this… I discovered it was part 4 of the Hometown Series. That explained my feelings of “what the heck is going on” and solved my question of ‘did I m
Coco.V
Mar 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/5/2018)!💝
Samantha
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town and so very heartfelt.

So the memory isn't the greatest, but this book was my favorite - which is saying something because there were spots in each of the four books that brought me to tears. I love how the people in this little town take care of each other. I did feel like this ending was a little abrupt - would love to find out more about what happens to those in the town. I suppose if I can't read it, I can imagine it. Totally recommend this book and the others.
Clint Austill
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Excellent Christmas Love Story

This is a very enjoyable read with great relatable chatacters. Well written and the story itself just puts you in the Holiday mood. Highly recommend this book for your Holiday reading....A MUST READ 😀😀👍👍
Sheila Dugan
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

I enjoy reading uplifting, romantic novels. This fit the bill and made me think about it even when I wasn't actually reading it.😀
Catherine Geist
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

This book was a good book & interesting. The storyline was different & interestin The characters kept you interested & it had a surprised ending.The story shows we can misjudge someone & make their life so miserable..
Alysha
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a lovely snowy-day read! If you love watching Hallmark movies at Christmas, then you will definitely enjoy this book!

It starts off with Gloria, who has a bit of a reputation with men. She is trying to shake this image by devoting herself to charity work, making food for her neighbours, and dressing frumpy. Ned is the town’s deputy who has a bit stutter and a secret he is keeping from the town. The book is told from the point of view from both Gloria and Ned.

This was a feel-good rea
Ramona
Dec 06, 2018 added it
Sweet clean romance with a lesson on being nice to others.
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Small town America with characters that have real struggles makes this an interesting, albeit light read.

Smithville is set in somewhat rural Pennsylvania, less than an hour from the big city. Gloria is the gal who struggles to be accepted by the members of the community. Her boss and a few women have welcomed her with open arms while others are downright nasty to her.

She's volunteered to help with the upcoming Christmas pageant. Mutual friends notice a 'connection' or chemistry between her and
Carole Mckee
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Christmas Story

First, I have to say that I was delighted to learn that this story takes place in Southwestern Pennsylvania, where I am from. And it's a small town romance--my favorite type of story. Gloria, who really has done nothing wrong, and has contributed to the community, is the victim of ugly gossip. But she has good friends who believe in her and stand by her, including deputy sheriff Ned. She has worked hard to prepare costumes for the Christmas pageant and avoid anything tha
poppy
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun cute holiday read.I really liked Gloria she had not had it easy and has a reputation for being a bit easy but is convinced to prove to the small town she has changed, but they just won't see past her past reputation.Ned is the Deputy of her small town and has seen the change in Gloria and is looking forward to getting to know the new her better.A really cute read just perfect for a lazy afternoon
Elizabeth
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just read this book and it got me so excited for Christmas! I love the characters and the way the author switches between the perspectives of the two protagonists. Nothing like a small town at Christmas.

I've read all of Fullmer's books and I just love them! She is so great at providing the romance I crave in a book, but also presenting it in a very realistic way. I often find myself laughing out loud because of how much I can relate.
Debra
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Gloria and Ned's story. Their story just wanted to make you swoon. Just like in all of the previous books, the people of Smithville did not disappoint either. This was a sweet, fun, quick read. Hometown Girl Again is the fifth and final book in series, and I really hate to see this series end. :-(
Jacki
The characters
Part of a series: Hometown
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading more from Kirsten Fullmer.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Robert Floyd
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thoughtful story

This is a thoroughly insightful tale about love in a Christmas setting. The author develops the characters gracefully as the story blossoms into a modern-day Cinderella tale.
Susan Harner
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas in Smithville (Hometown series book 4)

I am in love with this series. The innocence and pure love, of friendship s. Peace, love, not all around Christmastime.
Pam Jackson-gorsline
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gloria

This is a good story with some twists and turns that keeps you reading. The characters were fun and interesting.
Syl
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

Lovely sweet story that almost had me in tears a few times. I enjoyed this feel-good book. A few typos didn’t put me off!
Kathleen H. Fox
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very nice, light read. A real feel good book!
Jessica
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story has everything you could want from it. You get a delightful romance, insight on Gloria, and cameos from all your favorite Smithville characters. If you haven't read the first three books you won't feel lost, but if you have you'll love seeing your favorite people weave in and out of each other's everyday life. I love Kirsten's stories because they are more of a character study than a romance. The plot line stands on it's own and the people are what make the books shine. The romance is ...more
Maria
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
A quote:
“She looked up, searching his face. He was very striking with his strong jaw, wavy mass of hair, and easy grin. His fine physique certainly didn’t hurt either. But he was Ned. The deputy. Solid and true; kind and thoughtful. And his stutter… she smiled at him, tenderness showing through. His tripped-up words were the thing that made him seem human, accessible”. (Quote from ARC)

This is a really entertaining book, with great ma
Sara Jo
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Despite being set in what I gather is a modern day, the characters, behaviors, mindsets, and spoken words belong more to an outdated age. A young girl who is nice to everyone but once dressed provocatively and never hurt anyone she dated is being ostracized as if she’s some floozy in the 50’s? Far fetched and at times, ridiculous.

I was given a copy of this book for free by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Theresa
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, chick-lit
Audrey
I noticed both characters have their own insecurities; Ned with his speech disorder and Gloria with her lack of confidence. But I was more connected to Gloria’s character than Ned. Throughout the story, I watched how Gloria coped with her insecurity. How she learns to love herself before loving others.
I love that Ned and her friends accepted her for what she is, a woman with a heart of gold despite her past. The friendship between each character was valuable in every way. In real life, it was d
Carolyn
(3.5 stars)

Christmas in Smithville is a sweet, clean, cozy Christmas romance. Small-town, handsome cop with a stutter is paired with a generous, hard-working, former flirt.

The main characters were likable folks, and though I haven't read the other books in the series, I was able to follow the minor characters, who were all paired up.

The southwestern Pennsylvania setting was of interest to me since I grew up in that area and am familiar with both Pittsburgh and Uniontown. (I presume Smithville is
Hope Gerhardstein
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A feel good Christmas story. Gloria has devoted herself to helping with charities and avoiding relationships with men to try and improve her image in the snmall town of Smithville. Deputy Ned has eyes for her and a secret he is keeping from the town. The two end up working together on the towns Christmas pageant. Then it becomes predictable. Did have a good surprise ending. Needed better editing.
K is for Cathy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
YA story that takes place around Christmas. I didn’t really get into the spirit of the season. The women were rushing around getting ready for a Christmas pageant to raise money. Story was choppy. Gloria and Ned’s low self esteem would have worked if they were 17 but being adults. The story just didn’t work for me.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Kindness Goes A Long Way

Most of the women in town are against Gloria. She made an error in judgment and it wasn't even horrible but they still talk about her. As she helps her friends organize a holiday pageant, it soon becomes evident that she may never live it down. What does she have to do to prove herself?~
Anne Turnley
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Attitude is everything

Gloria is a sweet girl, very giving but, woefully naive. A real looked she has dated every eligible guy in town. She has few friends among the town's women. She has decided o ignore all men in hopes of improving her image. Then Ned takes an interest in her.

• The Nanny Song
  • Love is the Answer, God is the Cure: A True Story of Abuse, Betrayal and Unconditional Love
  • Notice Me
  • Broken Promises (Past Imperfect Mystery Book 1)
  • Crossroads and the Dominion of Four
  • For the Love of Armin
  • The Unicorn Tree
  • Shot to Pieces
  • Be Still and Listen: Experience the Presence of God in Your Life
  • Finding Hope in the Darkness of Grief: Spiritual Insights Expressed Through Art, Poetry and Prose
  • The Awakening: Fate in Motion
  • The Creep
  • Dreams & Dew: Poems & Prose
  • She Said!: The Book of Quotes
  • Virgil the Hound: Against All Odds, One Hound Breaks Away From the Pack
  • Mistress Suffragette
  • The Octunnumi Fosbit Files Prologue
  • The Feds' Folly: Who Stole 17 Trillion? (The Jones Series) (Volume 2)
Kirsten is a writer with a love of art and design. She worked in the engineering field, taught college, and consulted free lance. Due to health problems, she retired in 2012 to travel with her husband. They live and work full time in a 40' travel trailer with their little dog Bingo. Besides writing romance novels, she enjoys selling art on Etsy and spoiling their three grandchildren.

As a writer,

Hometown (6 books)
  • Hometown Girl at Heart (Hometown #1)
  • Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)
  • Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)
  • Hometown Girl Again (Hometown Series, #5)
  • Hometown Girl Memories (Hometown Series, #6)