Start by marking “One Christmas In Winter (Winter, Montana #1)” as Want to Read:
One Christmas In Winter (Winter, Montana #1)

One Christmas In Winter

(Winter, Montana #1)

Reba Farwell is finally getting a chance to live out her dreams. Sent to Winter, Montana to direct filming for a crucial, on-location shoot, she knows the next two weeks will make or break her career. And she could definitely use a break. As if that isn’t enough, she’s got a secret that none of her crew knows. All she’s asking for is two weeks of small town, Christmas beau ...more
Published November 30th 2017 by Pine Mountain Publishing (first published November 2017)

To ask other readers questions about One Christmas In Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Christmas In Winter

Cait • A Page with a View
3.5 stars. It's a light, fluffy Christmas story that reminded me of a Hallmark movie. I never got super into the plot, but definitely liked the characters and setting enough to finish it. I think if the book had had an editor or a few more revisions I would've been less distracted while reading (but sometimes those aspects just added to the fun... like how multiple characters were wearing fir lined caps and hoods). It's still a cute story, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the autho ...more
Emilie Hendryx
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this novella! The story is set in the charming (but sadly fictional) small town of Winter, Montana and I so want to visit there! Hoyt runs his family’s diner and Reba is there filming a movie worthy of the Hallmark channel. Their story is fraught with twists and turns, a bit of spilled coffee, and some hilarious parts.

This novella will leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling as well as a big smile on your face (and quite a few Christmas stars in your eyes)!

Looking forward to bo
Bell Renshaw
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes...I did write this novella but I am so proud of it and love these characters. I hope you will love them as much too!
Beth
Winter, Montana is a fictional place, but happily for readers, we can go there in Bell Renshaw's One Christmas in Winter. This novella is an adorable Christmas treat with just the right amount of sweetness. It's been compared to a Hallmark movie, but in my opinion, the story here is better and more heartfelt than any movie. The main characters are endearing and the romance is sweet yet realistic. The cast of secondary characters are lovely as well and add so much to this story. The cold, snowy s ...more
Ashley Johnson
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely charmed by this Christmas novella! One Christmas in Winter is like stepping into a Hallmark Movie at Christmas time! The perfect read for the Holiday season!
Denise Hershberger
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute Christmas novella. It was like watching the behind the scenes of a Hallmark Christmas movie so that was fun.

We all know Hallmark movies are pretty predictable so I knew this novella probably would be too. It did throw a couple of curve balls so that was actually really nice. But in the end it ended exactly how I imagined. But it was the perfect read for Christmas Eve.
Rissi
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, favorites, 2017
One Christmas in Winter by Bell Renshaw – Hallmark-Esque Christmas Charmer from Debut Author

Where to begin and what to say about One Christmas in Winter? Penned by author Bell Renshaw, this novella marks her debut, and oh what a story it is. The joy of the character's, and charm of its setting drips off the pages. With its Christmas time setting, the ambiance sparkles and the witty dialogue keeps us flipping the pages. Read entire review on Finding Wonderland.
Melissa Tagg
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, it took me way too long to sit down and write this review, but my slowness in no way reflects how much I loved this book! Such a sweet and delightful Christmas romance...charming, witty and heartwarming. Relatable characters, a picture-perfect setting and a plot that moves at just the right pace. The perfect book to read by a fire with a mug of hot chocolate. Well done, Bell Renshaw! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
Courtney Clark
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One Christmas in Winter is the debut novella from author Bell Renshaw. If it is any indication of what her work will be like, I know I will LOVE it all! #Iwanttoreadallthebooks

It is the perfect little Christmas story, full of small-town charm, Christmassy things like fuzzy sweaters, fun things like sledding, and a sweet romance. Saying this story is just like a Hallmark movie is very accurate and a high compliment--- specifically, a Hallmark movie I hope it becomes one day because it has a fresh
Kelly Bridgewater
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
One Christmas in Winter is a short novella by debut author, Bell Renshaw. The novel takes place in a made-up town called Winter, Montana. It is a magical Christmas town where a movie is being made by Reba Farwell, the heroine. Reba struggles with doubts that she can actually create a realistic movie. A movie that will make a difference in the movie world. While struggling with a heroine who keeps her on her toes, Reba meets another struggle when her hero gets in an accident and can't act anymore ...more
Steffani W
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin?? This novella is just everything you hope for in a Christmas read!! Hoyt and Reba (along with the other cast of characters) are completely endearing and I found myself cheering for them many times. This is a beautiful story that transports you into a swoon worthy town with characters you laugh with, sigh with, and just all around love!! If you love watching Hallmark movies and reading sweet romance, this book is for you! I can’t wait for Book 2!!
Galaxy Adventurer
I would like to start off by saying this book is like a hallmark movie, and me and hallmark movies have a like dislike relationship. I usually either enjoy the movie or I don't. Sometimes they are just to cheesy for me, so I just don't finish watching the movie XD
But if One Christmas in Winter was actually a hallmark movie, I would finish watching it. It can be cheesy at times, but sometimes even the characters realize what they are doing is slightly cheesy.
I'm looking forward to continuing this
Abigail
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, review for real this time. I loved this story. I didn't finish it until after Christmas, but honestly I'm okay with that because it kept the Christmas spirit going. Which is something I love.

This was so fluffy and wonderful. I was told that it would feel like a Hallmark movie, and that's exactly what was delivered.

This book follows Reba, a film director, and Hoyt, who lives in the town in which the film is being shot. Through a series of unfortunate circumstances, Reba needs a stand-in f
Cathy Cermele
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The title of the book caught my attention, making me curious to read it and I'm so glad that I did! The town of Winter sounds like the kind of town that I'd like to visit, with the local coffee shop, the local diner and the locals, themselves. I liked the Bradley family so much because they reminded me of my family, close-knit and being there for each other.

Reba was a character that was interesting to me although it took me awhile to warm up to her. I gradually started to like her and understood
Lindsay
One Christmas in Winter appear about a girl and her dream to want to director of holiday films. Will she get her dream job. There appear problems though out with her cast. When her led man falls it put her in a spot, that she got to find a stand in for him.

Holt Bradley has his own dream. He walked away from it and Hollywood for a reason. He has come back to his hometown where his father owns a diner and once his father passes Holt is owner and run the place. Things get a bit confusion when he de
Kara Peck
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Loved this book. I am all about the Christmas reading right now, and this was perfect. Hallmark classic, sweet romance, and beautiful setting. Novellas can be rushed and this was not, the pacing was perfect. This was just so cute and I can't stop talking about it to all my friends. being a debut author I was a little nervous but this was written so well. No complaints! Buy this book!!
Just Commonly
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Probably not what you thought you were getting yourself into when you dumped your coffee on me."

You would not have imagined what to expect when you check out Bell Renshaw's One Christmas in Winter novella. The first in the Winter, Montana Novella Collection, it brings to mind the image of a snow covered small town met with the atmosphere of Christmas cheer. It reminds me of the sweet holiday Hallmark movies, but add in a bit anticipation for what comes next.

"Hoyt was nothing more than a stand-i
Susan Snodgrass
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice quick read for the holidays. I enjoyed this book.
Natalie Walters
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this sweet Christmas story set in the quaint town of Winter, Montana (I'm still sad this place doesn't exist in real life). Fans of Hallmark Christmas movies will love the story of Hoyt and Reba and their serendipitious meet-cute!! Full of humor, whimsy, and the perfect amount of romantic tension this story demands repeat readings...especially beneath the twinkling lights of the closest Christmas tree, warm blanket, and hot cup of tea.
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
When I found out what this book was about I literally squealed! Finally a Hallmark movie in BOOK form. (We all know it's normally the other way around)

I am now in love with Winter, Montana and wish with my whole heart is was a real town.

For a novella this story did not feel rushed to me. Everything played out and flowed beautifully. Her writing style is so easy and light.
The characters were so lovable and cute. No one felt under built, they all fit in like a perfectly constructed jigsaw puzzle.
Mikal Dawn
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute, fun Christmas story! It was a Hallmark movie (my favorite!) through and through. <3
The Lexington Bookie
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of Renshaw’s novella, One Christmas in Winter, and since it was so time appropriate, I let it cut my TBR line. It starts out with a little legend about how it only takes a Christmas in Winter, MT to fall in love. Then, the reader is introduced to Reba Farwell, writer and director of a current movie production called "First Christmas Kiss". She's got a bit of an uptight reputation, but she really just wants the movie to be successful. As it is, she's extremely nervous about shooting ...more
Diana Montgomery
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Christmas story by Bell Renshaw. Such a sweet inspirational romance. Loved the characters they was well developed. I sure hope there is a place called Winter. Love to visit their festival days. Reba is getting her big chance as a director of a Christmas film. She has great actress and actors to play the parts. That until the lead actor gets hurt. Now what is she to do everything rides on this film for her future as a director. Out here middle of no where and who can she get to stand i ...more
Kari
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reba, a film director, is struggling in Hollywood, trying to make her dreams come true by writing as well as filming on location. Hoyt, a small town diner owner, had dreams of being an actor, but he gave those up to be close to his family. Can they find a way where both of their dreams come true?
Wow! I loved this Christmas novella. First and foremost, Winter is the most beautiful fictional town, and I wish I could visit. The writing was so lovely, and I loved the sweet romance. This is the perfe
Celestria
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

This is the most Hallmark-y book I've ever read in my life! I'm surprised it's not been made into a movie yet. It was a cute, Christmassy read, but I was wishing Hoyt would man up and when he finally got to kiss Reba and then was all like, oops, nope sorry, that was a mistake, my bad, I was just like ugh what!?😤 And I totally thought throughout this whole thing that Beau and Ansley were married! I didn't realize til the teaser for the next book that they weren't. How did that happen!?
Inspirationalfictionreader
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you would have asked my a few years ago – “yay” or “nay” on novellas, I would have said a firm “nay.” But after reading novellas by Cynthia Ruchti and Melissa Tagg, I have changed my answer to “yay.” And now, I can add Bell Renshaw to my list of authors who do an awesome job at writing novellas. I loved the three brothers and their interactions, the town of Winter, and the Hallmark Christmas movie feel that it has. I am so looking forward to reading Beau’s story next fall! I highly recommend ...more
Trissina
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful novella! Cute, sweet and heartwarming! Since I am from LA I connected with the main character and the concepts that were happening in the story. Loved the little Montana town where the story takes place. The writing is smooth and flows well. A quick wonderful read-perfect at Christmas or whenever you need a splash of innocent romance.

*received from the author not required to review
Connie Hendryx
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! I finished it in 2017, and thought I had written a review, but it looks like it got lost. This was a sweet romance that will make you sigh with satisfaction at the end....love how Bell writes! It has a Hallmark movie written all over it....!!
Clara
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Cute cute cute

Cuteness overload in this special Christmas novella surely to warm your heart. I was completely captured by the authors voice. She brought the setting and characters alive and I was completely invested.
K'la Brasseur
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read, very cute setting of a cute town. Great characters and ideas behind it All. The book wasn’t rushed at all for any friendships or romances and I really enjoyed the read. This was written in a Clean and classy way which was refreshing. It’s a sweet book.
« previous 1 3 next »

Winter, Montana (2 books)
  • The Perfect Christmas (Winter, Montana #2)