Start by marking “Heart of a Huntsman (A Huntsman's Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heart of a Huntsman (A Huntsman's Fate, #1)

Heart of a Huntsman

(A Huntsman's Fate #1)

Orphaned by an assassin’s blade, Besmir spends his youth on the fringes of society. He grows into a hunstman of some note, suitable to put food on the Duke’s table, if unfit to join the meal. His simple, meager life is thrown into chaos when he finds himself approached by Zaynorth, an illusion mage who has come in search of Besmir, bearing a remarkable truth: the huntsman ...more
Published November 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Heart of a Huntsman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of a Huntsman

Start your review of Heart of a Huntsman (A Huntsman's Fate, #1)
Barry
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Decent story with annoying gaps in search of an author
Karsa Orlong
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok read

I thought this was rushed. Everything seems to happen too fast. The story is not bad but the execution is poor.
Evan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Gaps

I feel like there were a number of strange gaps in character development and story line. Not sure of a better way to explain that...
Richard Myers
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

This book is about a young boy who grows up in adversity and doesn’t realize who he really is. As he grows older he learns about his past and the death of his true parents who were king and queen of a foreign land. He has to convince the people of the country to back him as he heads to the capitol to remove the false king. I recommend this book for everyone.
pm
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a fast paced, action based novel. Although in some ways this is it's strength and weakness. Many times I wanted the story to slow down and allow the characters and the world to be filled out more. The characters and story are too good to leave at a superficial level. I would also suggest a good professional editor is needed to lift the novel further. Having said that, this novel plus the prequel is incredible for a first time author. I enjoyed it!
Vedran
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I got to about 25% and can't read any more.

Story seems ok, but writing is horrible. Big segments of time are skipped without any notification, I have no idea who is who and a big chunk of story has been skipped, so it feels like it's second book, not first. Also, the skipped part is often mentioned in conversations, which makes it feel even more like I skipped first book.

Overall, would not recommend.
Darlene Mitchell
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Read the prequel and couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. The story of Besmir is always evolving and you learn new things about him just as he is. You feel the pain and fear of his apprentice Keluse. I love that there is a little bit of romance involved between other characters but it isn't forced or takes up unnecessary space in the plot of the story. Zaynorth and Herofic, brothers and every the voice of reason to Besmir. You have your heroes and heroines, a villainous w ...more
Debra Waddick
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Missing Chapters?

I liked the concept of the book, the prologue intrigued me.... but the transition from prologue to the first chapter was too much for me to finish reading the book. He first few chapters didn't give me much hope my questions would ever be answered so didn't seem worth the time. I think the story has potential, but it seems a bit slap-dash.

Particularly because when I got to the end where the prologue is offered for joining the newsletter, a situation arose in my head. A situatio
Randal Quick
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

The ending was slightly anti-climactic, but it was expected by the time you got there, and in no way was I disappointed by it. It leaves you with a sense of wanting to keep going because you know something darker is coming next. Definitely worth reading.
James Hockley
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a classic fantasy novel where the protagonist has a hidden past that he finds out about and must live up to. It has all the classic fantasy elements, such as magic, warriors, and the like. Overall I liked this book, and enjoyed the unique details of the story. It is a touch rough around the edges in places, but overall a great start to a series.

Heart of a Huntsman is about a hunter. Obviously. Or is it obvious? Because it turns out that this strange parentless hunter actually
Beatrece Varga
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME BOOK!!!! Read if you love Game of Thrones

I never even write reviews (I can hear the boo's already) but this book is AWESOME!! If you love Game of Thrones, reading or watching, you'll LOVE this book! It's not the kind of book where you want to get to the end, but don't want it to end, it's the rare kind of book that you don't want an ending ever! (Kind of like Game of Thrones and AHS huh?) It flows easily right from the beginning; it never lags. This is amazingly this author's first ful
Sarah James
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is an a amazing book

I loved the storyline but the characters are really great, what you think will happen may not be what really happened.

A backstory and then the author has fooled you. There will be many people and adventures that make this such a great book.

Adult content 18+ due to the violence, sexual orientation, scary monsters, scary people, hunting and killing of animals. It is a great book and series full of fun interesting people, places, animals and Gods! A bo
Abby Allen
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Scott Sammons
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Needs an editor! 2 3/4 stars, good characters. A fine rough manuscript... Not a book, yet.

This story had much potential that it failed to realize. Then there are the wrong words and poor word choices. Example: a character extorts his crew to enthusiasm. I trust that what was intended was exhorts. Another accuses someone of being a "narc" this author should have been cautioned to remember that narc is an American slang from the 1960's for Narcotics Enforcement confidential informants, and no
Gayreth Walden
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great adventure!

I believe this is the first novel by Liam Reese and I feel he did a really good job with his storyline and character development. A good page turner you won't want to put down. Young Besmir learns he is heir to his fathers kingdom and journeys on a quest to retake the kingdom from the usurper, his evil uncle. Besmir will have to deal with love, loss, bloodshed and magic. A power struggle between Besmir and his uncle. A compelling quest with larger than life characters. I highly
Fee Roberts
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-2018
Heart of a Huntsman by Liam Reese is the first book in A Huntsman's Fate series. Besmir is an orphan who finds out he is the legitimate heir to the throne.

Heart of a Huntsman is a decent story. It has a lot of potential. I feel as though the author rushed the story a bit. There were gaps in the timeline which had me confused at times, and it felt like a lot of the story was left out. Things happened a bit too quickly in the development of the main character.

Purchased from
Hate2beLate
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lot going on...

I really like this story. However, there is a lot going on and it's a lot to take in. I found I had to take a break at about 60% let my brain settle do some other things and come back to it. But the good news is it was no trouble to pick up right where I left off and everything felt welcoming and made sense. I'm looking forward to the next in the series. Hope you enjoy!
James Stein
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just Enough Originality

Gave it a 2 star only because I did make it all the way to the end but at times it was a struggle. Main character had possibilities but then developed traits in common with a hundred other B grade heroes. Monsters weren't too bad but often had bad breath and we know how bad breath can affect a story. So if you want an easy read to help pass a couple of hours when you haven't found anything else in the house to read....
Linda
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This offering to the fantasy genre doesn't require a lot of effort to read, but it is enjoyable. The bad guy is a real villain that you'll love to hate. As usual, the good guy doesn't know he's as capable as he is. It takes people from his past to help him find his destiny. I'll go on to the 2nd in the series.
Fiona Andrew
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great series

Another fabulous book. I have read the prequel and loved it and this continues the journey of Besmir as he moves from Huntsman to King. Along the way he learns how to use his powers, sometimes to his detriment, he falls in love and makes many, many friends. Looking forward to the next episode in his life.
4dar14
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Very Confusing

Not a bad read and then not a good read moments that were very well written, things started looking up and then some very pedestrian ,insipid, I don't know just blah dialog and I'm saying what the,%%%%% where did that come from dog know if I will read the next and I read for free.
Lisa
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Fantasy Adventure!!

I gave this book 5 stars because of how well written it is. The author does an amazing job of weaving together a cohesive and rich world with well-rounded characters whom I felt were real and relatable. I highly recommend this book and I cannot wait to start the next one.
Erin Kelch Zerby
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fun read by Liam Reese!

Based on the 2 books I've now read by Mr. Reese, anything he writes goes firmly in my 'cheer me up' reading list! This was fast-paced, full of twists and turns and funny! While fantasy hasn't been a go to of mine in the past, Liam Reese is changing that!
Yvonne Bach
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprising

The characters, the story line, very well plotted. This story contained a lot of gore, ie; children burned or eaten by vicious creatures... normally I would shut the book and never turn the pages again. However, the main character, Besmir has me intrigued, I had to know the rest of the story.... on to book two
Sue Ben-Dor
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Swords and sorcery

When in the mood for a good rip-roaring swords and sorcery book this is a good bet. I enjoyed it immensly even though I had to roll my eyes a few times. Give it a shot you probably enjoy it!
Epper Marshall
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adventure, magic
This book seemed to try to be dark fantasy but ended up being a mix of fairy tale (happiness) and dark fantasy. Overall just too much cliche plot points and cheesiness. There was very little that happened that was unexpected or dialogue that was also scripted.
Leslie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good vs evil with lots of action

I enjoyed riding along on Besmir's journey as he finds out who he is and uses the harshness off his childhood to become a man worth following. I look forward to reading the next in the series.
Stephen
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to this series. I love the characters and how they are developed. The story was good and I think the author could of made a whole book of the forest in the beginning but didn't. Moves right along keeping you reading!Great read Everyone!
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

On going action filled with treachery and magic. Coming of age while the learning to fight, survive and develop an army while finding time for love but also deal with loss of friends and new life.
Shannon
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok story, many weird gaps where you get info about some action that happened “offscreen” so to speak. Not a bad idea but needed to have more info actually in the story rather than jumping from scene to scene.

• The Innkeeper's Son (The Jester King, #1)
  • The Dragon Knight's Soul (The Dragon Knight, #4)
  • Flight of the Dragon Knight (The Dragon Knight, #3)
  • The Son of the Morning (The Nightfall Wars #1)
  • The Dragon Knight's Curse (The Dragon Knight, #2)
  • The Lone Dragon Knight (The Dragon Knight, #1)
  • Dragon Storm (Heritage of Power, #1)
  • Wreckers Gate (Immortality and Chaos Book 1)
  • Burden's Edge (Fury of a Rising Dragon, #1)
  • Darkblade Outcast (Hero of Darkness #2)
  • Riven (The Arinthian Line, #2)
  • A Sellsword's Compassion (The Seven Virtues #1)
  • Valor (The Arinthian Line, #3)
  • The Shadow of the Blade (The Seven Seasons Book 1): King's Dark Tales
  • Ash: The Days of Ash and Fury, Act One: Includes Omens of Fury, Tremors of Fury, and Spawn of Fury
  • Revelations (Heritage of Power, #2)
  • Veiled Dagger Series: Books 1-3
  • Origins (Heritage of Power, #3)
  • Legend (The Arinthian Line, #5)
  • Sword of Ruyn (Legends of Gilia #1)
  • Clash (The Arinthian Line, #4)
  • Road of a Warrior (The Silvan, #2)
  • Blood and Sand Trilogy Box Set
  • Arcane (The Arinthian Line #1)
  • Unraveled (Heritage of Power, #4)
  • Darkblade Assassin (Hero of Darkness #1)
  • The Books of Caledan Trilogy (Books of Caledan, #1-3)
  • Empire of Dirt (Echoes of Fate #2)
  • Darkblade Protector (Hero of Darkness #3)
  • A Sorcerer Imprisoned (Song Of Sorcery #2)

A Huntsman's Fate (2 books)
  • Duel With A Demoness (A Huntsman's Fate, #2)