Start by marking “Eight Nights in December” as Want to Read:
Eight Nights in December

Eight Nights in December

A geek. A virgin. One sexy holiday.

Orphaned Lucas figures spending the holidays with his obnoxious roommate’s family in New York City is better than staying alone on campus upstate. He ends up sharing a room again, this time with his roommate’s brother, Nate. Geeky photographer Nate isn’t at all what Lucas expects. In fact, he’s incredibly sexy—especially when he invites
Published December 7th 2017 by KA Books

To ask other readers questions about Eight Nights in December, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eight Nights in December

Start your review of Eight Nights in December
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is an utterly romantic, heartwarming story that revolves around the eight nights of Chanukah.

So many stories celebrate Christmas, and I'm good with that. I don't begrudge anyone their faith or traditions, but it's nice to see Chanukah included.

Keira Andrews does an admirable job showing the spirit of Chanukah: the lighting of the menorah, the delicious (and not even remotely fattening because HOLIDAYS) fried food, the family togetherness. It all felt very authentic to me as a secular Jew.

Keira Andrews
Dec 04, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a rework of a previous novella (EIGHT NIGHTS), which was followed by a novel sequel (DAYBREAK). I've added 10,ooo words to this novella and renamed it. It's almost twice the length of EIGHT NIGHTS and has a stronger HEA. The sequel has been retired. I wrote it 10 years ago before I really understood the romance genre, and it no longer fits my brand. So I'm pleased to give Nate and Lucas a reworked story that I think is much stronger and satisfying. To me, at least. I hope you'll agree! ...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
A perfect way to wrap up my Hanukkah.

Eight Nights in December by Keira Andrews felt like the perfect Hanukkah romance. Hanukkah isn't a very important Jewish holiday, and it certainly doesn't give (even me) that giddiness like Christmas does with Christians, but it was really great to find a Hanukkah romance that felt authentic and seasonal. Half-hearted latkes and candle-lighting sounds about right to me.

I liked the combo of a sweet Hanukkah romance mixed with some spicy sex. Keira Andrews
.Lili.
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mm-holidays

I'm a total sucker for holiday novellas and Eight Nights in December by Keira Andrews is an excellent example of why. It was a full story that included all parts of a story. The characters, setting, plot, conflict, and resolution- in under 100 pages. That's hard to do! Add:

Roomate's brother + geek + virgin + sexytimes + a sprinkle of angst + a sweet epilogue = GOLDEN!

I also appreciated that it was a Chanukah story. They're kind of few and far between, you know.

All in all, I highly recommend
Meags
3.5 Stars

Lucas is a college freshman with no family and no place to go for Christmas break. When his older roommate’s mother insists he comes home with them to join in their Hanukkah celebrations, Lucas finds himself in New York City for the first time, sharing a room with his roommate’s gorgeous and (apparently) geeky brother, Nate.

Lucas is a virgin but knows he’s gay. His attraction to Nate is immediate and, thankfully, reciprocated. Nate is more experienced but he’s not out to his family, so
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

This was a really sweet, sexy and heartwarming holiday story set during the eight days of Hanukkah. I love how the Jewish traditions are interwoven into the story, and I especially love how much they come to mean to Lucas

There were some awkward bumps along the way, but overall I really enjoyed this quick read. I think I would have liked it more if we got Nate's POV. I don't feel like I ever really got to know all of him. Even by the end he still felt kind of distant to me.

But
Susan
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I love the falling in love with the friend’s brother trope. But I had a very hard time liking Nate. No, I actually disliked him immensely. He was such an asshole to sweet Lucas at times.

Lucas doesn’t have any family left, so he has decides to stay on campus for Christmas break. That is until his roommate’s mother drags him to their place to celebrate Hanukkah together. Lucas goes along with it since he doesn’t have anywhere else to be.

Just when Lucas thinks he is pretty much stuck with Sam’s
Jennifer☠Pher☠
So, most of you know my story with this one. Quick summary, I read it when it was originally published, loved it, saw there was a second book, saw where it was going, pretty much had my love for the first ruined and I didn’t even read the second. Whew. So then I saw that it was being refreshed and re-released and as you can see below I was all about the NO.

And then my friends commented. The author changed it up. I was free to read this without the fear of a second book to ruin the first.

Ugh,
CrabbyPatty
Rather than spending the holidays alone in the dorm, Lucas gets invited to spend Hanukkah with his jock roommate Sam and his family in NYC. Lucas ends up rooming with Sam's brother Nate, who is gay, cute, nerdy, prelaw and a great photographer. Nate isn't out to his parents and has no interest in a boyfriend:
“I can’t exactly bring home a nice boy to Mom and Dad. It’s easier this way. Besides, I’m not good at that stuff.” He smiled. “I like sex. I’m good at sex. Why complicate it?”
Over the eight
Cadiva
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this one from Keira Andrews which focuses on a Jewish festive celebration rather than the traditional Christian Christmas event.

I really enjoyed reading about the different traditions associated with Hanukkah, some of which I've come across before, others not so much.

Both Lucas and Nathaniel were sweet characters, each with their own fears and hopes and this first time love story worked totally for me.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
Ann
Completely and utterly wonderful.

Eight Nights in December is going on my holiday reread list.

Full review on the blog soon and then here . . .

**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review**
Eugenia
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
***2.5 Stars***

The pacing of this story just didn't work for me. The same goes for the vague characterization of these young MCs. There were a few tender and a few hot moments. Losing of cherry moment was nice as was the random nightclub and public sex scene. But, overall, this made little impression on me.
Bev
Cute little re-worked novella from Keira, featuring a Jewish 'Christmas', an orphan, insta-love and a geek. 4 stars.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read, m-m
4.5 Stars This was a lovely holiday story, set during Hanukkah. Lucas gets invited to stay with his roommates family for the holidays and meets Nate, brother of said roommate. Nate’s family is warm and welcoming, introducing Lucas to the customs and history of Hanukkah but not in any preachy sort of way. Exploring shared attraction and helping Lucas learn the wonders of sex, was all it was supposed to be. Nate is closeted from his family and Lucas hasn’t really come out. As Lucas and Nate spend ...more
Ariana
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, christmas
Lovely and cute all the way.
Emily Seelye
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, virgins, m-m, holiday
This was a sexy and sweet holiday novella.

When Lucas’ roommates’ mom comes to pick him up, and she learns he has nowhere to go over break, she insists he spends it with them. He ends up rooming with Sam’s hot, gay (closeted) brother, and they end up hitting it off. What was supposed to be a holiday fling quickly turns into love. Can they make their new love last?

I really enjoyed this. Other than Lucas’ grief for his recently deceased father, this was a pretty low angst story. I liked that Nate
Annery
What a wonderful surprise! In a sea of Christmas stories a perfectly nice and well balanced Hanukkah nugget.

Lucas is a college freshman whose been through more than most. As the winter break approaches he's feeling a bit lonely and dejected, but lucky for him his roommate is Sam Kramer. When Deanna, Sam's mother (love her!) comes to pick-up Sam for winter break and realizes Lucas has nowhere to go there's no question that Lucas is coming home with them. At chez Kramers he ends up rooming with
haletostilinski
I adored this. This is the Kiera Andrews I know and love. We had two MC's, Nate and Lucas, who had very good chemistry and HOT sex scenes - like DAMN - with sufficient build up to a relationship. I was happy that this didn't rush things, they weren't all "i love you" after a week of knowing each other, but they did decide to date and the ending was adorable and sweet - and also fun because we get another sex scene ;)

The secondary characters could have perhaps been a little more developed, but I
Tess
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ash
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it

This time of year, I gobble up holiday stories like nobody's business. I was so excited to pick up this book set over the eight days of Hanukkah; it was a much-needed variation on the Christmas-themed stories we get inundated with during December. I'm always a fan of Keira Andrews' holiday stories; they're little fluff nuggets in all the best ways.

This book is very, very new adult. Lucas and Nate are 20 and 21 respectively, and still have so much to figure out about life and adulthood.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
8 crazy nights ;)

3.5 Stars

Cute story of a "geek" and a virgin hooking up during the holiday season. Well at least that's what it was suppose to be but so much more takes place...
Leslie
Too cute for words. Now available on unlimited as part of a multi holiday book set by this author.
Melissa
Short and sweet with a happy and satisfying end. I really enjoyed this novella and learning about Hanukkah! Keira Andrews has become a favorite author in a short amount of time.
Chris
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect holiday story

This was the perfect feel good holiday story. I loved reading the Hanukkah traditions, being surrounded by Nate's wonderful family and the sweet romance of Nate and Lucas. It was heart warming and brought me to tears a few times.
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
This was just okay for me :-/! Parts felt forced and manufactured, and other parts felt rushed and “uncooked”! It was still cute though so I rounded up to 2 stars!! Like I said, at best, this was just okay :-/!!
This felt like it shouldn’t have been a novella.

******************

ADORING the cover (and the premise) :-) ... and I LOVE the little Star of David on the cover :-) <33333!!
Lisazj1
Keira Andrews is another of those writers can depend on for holiday stories. This was sweet and romantic, full of holiday feels and the love and warmth of family. I loved it! <3
Len Evans Jr
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Totally loved this sweet awesome love story. From the hot and heavy beginning of Nate and Lucas' romance on and through each of them realizing just how strong their connection was, it is a wonderful heartwarming Hanukkah love story! This is my 3rd Keira Andrews book and I have love every one! Will definitely be working my way through the rest!
Alisa

This is a previously released story (well two of them) that has been edited and revamped (w/some major plot point changes). Lucas is a college student who has recently lost his only family member and he's feeling adrift as the holidays approach. He ends up going home with his roommate to stay with his family. There he meets Nate (the younger brother) and the two have an instant attraction to each other.

I really like that this was focused around the Hanukkah celebration. It was a nice
Joyfully Jay
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Eight Nights in December is a cute holiday story from Keira Andrews. This book is a revised, expanded, and republished version of her story Eight Nights, originally released by Loose Id. I found this one light and sexy, and it’s a quick, easy read at just about 100 pages.

Lucas and Nate are both likable guys and you can feel their attraction right away. There is a bit of a geeky hero vibe in Nate, and Lucas is shy and uncertain, but when they get together both men
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Mr. Right Now
  • Desperately Seeking Santa
  • Secret Santa
  • A Very Henry Christmas (The Weight of It All #1.5)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Not Just for Christmas
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Love Happens Anyway
  • A Christmas Promise (Christmas Promise, #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Snow on the Roof
  • Finders Keepers
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what ...more