Start by marking “Bright We Burn (The Conqueror's Saga #3)” as Want to Read:
Bright We Burn (The Conqueror's Saga #3)

Bright We Burn

(The Conqueror's Saga #3)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  9,123 ratings  ·  1,761 reviews
Haunted by the sacrifices he made in Constantinople, Radu is called back to the new capital. Mehmed is building an empire, becoming the sultan his people need. But Mehmed has a secret: as emperor, he is more powerful than ever . . . and desperately lonely. Does this mean Radu can finally have more with Mehmed . . . and would he even want it?

Lada's rule of absolute justice
Published July 10th 2018 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Bright We Burn, please sign up.
Beth J Ugh been hoping he would die since book one or at least that Radu would grow a backbone and for once decide NOT to chose Mehmed and chose Lada or Cypr…moreUgh been hoping he would die since book one or at least that Radu would grow a backbone and for once decide NOT to chose Mehmed and chose Lada or Cyprian instead or just finally admit to himself Mehmed is a terrible friend and is only using him (less)
RiceQueenPana While I think Mehmed won't die, I would ignore the fact it will be historically incorrect because if we're going to look at history; Radu is married t…moreWhile I think Mehmed won't die, I would ignore the fact it will be historically incorrect because if we're going to look at history; Radu is married to Maria Despina (an Arab princess) and has a daughter with her. And he also wanted to rule Wallachia.

And while I doubt Kiersten White would take such a dramatic change such as Mehmad dying, I would also consider that this is fiction and while inspired by historical context, isn't ruled by it and doesn't follow it completely. (less)

·  9,123 ratings  ·  1,761 reviews

Start your review of Bright We Burn (The Conqueror's Saga #3)
Emily May
“Disrupt stability. Petition for gold. Provoke the greatest empire on the face of the earth.” He paused. “This is going to be fun.”

Oh, it was. So much bloody, nasty fun.

I have really loved this series. I mean, why wouldn't I? There's a murderous antiheroine who's definitely more anti than heroine. There's battles and backstabbing and unrequited love. There's alt-history that's - let's face it - a lot more alt than history. There's Vlad the Impaler reimagined as a woman. In other words, this
Elle (TheBookishActress)
Chaima and I were talking about this again and I remembered how this is the best series conclusion I’ll ever read and that’s just how it is

personally, I feel as if my heart was ripped out of my fucking chest and my life was just changed for the better. I do not have the Words To Convey how much this ending for a series meant to me

here was my lowkey spoilery initial list of what I wanted out of this sequel:
• please let Radu be happy
• you know exactly who I want him to be happy with
• LET NAZIRA RE
Miranda Reads
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, ya-series

She was a dragon.
She was a prince.
She was a woman.
It was the last that scared them most of all.
Lada Dracul has finally earned her prize - she is Prince of Wallachia, her beloved home country.

And as Prince, she has shaken up the country. Crime is practically nonexistent, the old rulers are all dead, and her people are happy for the first time in decades.
I heard she is giving land to anyone. Can you imagine? ...She gives it to those who deserve it. So I hope she never marries. I
Cristina Monica
Saying goodbye to a series is rarely easy, especially an all-consuming one like The Conqueror’s Saga never fails to be.

The moment I met Lada Dracul, I knew I would be making an old character unhappy by bumping her down my list of favourite heroines to make place for Lada.

The thing about this young woman is that she isn’t easy to place. Is she a heroine? Yes and no. Is she an anti-heroine? Yes and no. Is she human? Yes… and no. And yet, you can’t help but root for her. You can’t help but want he
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 And I Darken ★★★★★
#2 Now I Rise ★★★★★
#3 Bright We Burn ★★★☆☆

This series has been an incredible journey, and I was both eager and terrified to see how it would end. As many of you already know, I tend to avoid series finales like the plague. They’re almost always my least favorite part of a series, probably because I like very particular types of endings where all the loose ends are tied and everyone has completed their tasks—and these are rarely synonymous with happy, fan-servicing endings,
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
Radu laughed. "I still cannot quite believe we all found each other.”
“ I can. You were always ruthless about finding people to love you.”

Well slap me on a grill and call me BBQ

You know what Kiersten White did to my heart?

She buried it, nailed it, crushed it, crucified it, blasted it, murdered it, roasted it, demolished it, and destroyed it. After, she was thoroughly done with my heart; my brain was the next target. It didn’t even stand a chance because I remember I was at work one day and
C.G. Drews
This was brutal and bloody and so perfectly and epically satisfying. Which are words I'M CRYING AS I TYPE because finales scare the frick out of me...and this one managed to stab me in the soul (like 5 times) and then still give me everything I hoped it would. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Everything is perfect. I will also scream quietly into the void for 2-3 working days before I feel like rereading the whole trilogy agaaaaaain.

THANK YOU TO THE AUTHOR FOR A PERFECT FINALE. I'M CRYING IT'S FINE. WOW.

+ The pa
Yusra  ✨

this series means the world to me. I can never find the proper words to describe just how much I’ve loved this gory, bloody, brutal journey that Lada has taken me on, and the moving, spiritual way Radu changed me. it took me a straight three days to muster the courage to read the epilogue because I was not ready in any way, shape or form for the ending of a trilogy that’s just established a place in my heart that no other book will take. I’m not even ashamed of how much I’ll be gushing in this
Bibi
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gritty. Bloody. Unputdownable. The words creative and talented seem like benign descriptors and I’m afraid to imagine what goes on in the mind of Kiersten White. Do yourself a favor and read this series.
Simona B
May 11, 2017 marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
EDIT 20/01/2018
My favourite fruit on the cover is a sign from Kiersten White that she's writing this book for me. So no worry, buddies, our babies will be fine! Because if they aren't, I'll probably burst many a vessel! Yay!

EDIT 04/12/2017
TITLE REVEAAAAL oh gosh how on Earth are these titles so pretty?

EDIT 11/05/2017
We bookworms always say it, right? “The wait will kill me,” or, “Give the book to me now and nobody gets hurt.” But this time I mean it.
The wait will kill me. Or I will kill someone
Jiana
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy is special to my heart. I wish I could put it into words just how much.

I'm beyond happy that Bright We Burn is the 50th book I read this year, and the book I complete my 2018 Reading Challenge with.

The thing with these books is that they're slow. I admit. They're not fast-paced at all. And each book took me at least a week to finish. However, they're so worth it. I admit I didn't love this one as much as I loved the first two as I found myself struggling while reading it.

Words fa
Delirious Disquisitions
You should read this if you like: historical fiction, strong/badass female protagonists with anger management issues, ruthless women, villains/antiheroes, LGBTQ characters, enemies to lovers trope, dysfunctional relationships, murder, war, strategies, gore, etc.

A bit of warning, this is going to be a long one. I spent about 70% of this book sobbing my heart out, dreading the ending, and generally being an emotional wreck. This book burned a hole through my heart and I'm just so incredibly sad
✨    jamieson   ✨
Claim the Throne. Demand the Crown. Rule the World.

I fucking adore this series so much. Sometimes a series just comes along and blows you away, it forces you to fall in love with the characters, invest in their lives and eagerly await each new chapter with bated breath because you're so nervous and concerned for all the characters. Those series are literally the best and this series is one of those series.

If you asked me why I love it so much I would tell you this: I love it for it's impecc
☆ Mira ✷
[on my wedding night]

me: I love you

the person I just married: but do you love me as much as you loved The Conqueror’s Saga 10 years ago?

me: ...I’ll get back to you on that.
Natalie Monroe

“Who was she? She was the dragon. Her country had teeth and claws and fire, and she would use every last bit of them.”

I spent the entire duration of reading Bright We Burn either doing this:

Or this:

The Conqueror's Saga smashed its way into my stone cold heart with And I Darken, trod on the pieces, then threw what was left in a washer and set it on heavy duty in Now I Rise. And now Bright We Burn has come to see the job done.

“She had Wallachia, and she would do everything she could
alana ♡

I have one word for you all to sum up this book.
OUCH.

My heart is shattered into a million pieces. I finished this two days ago and I keep going back and rereading the epilogue to make sure I read it right. While I understand that there is no better way for this trilogy to end, it doesn't hurt any less. In fact, it probably hurts so much more. If you have not read this trilogy before it's basically a YA historical fiction story that follows the most badass, ruthless, brutal, and bloody MC's we've
may ❀
I FINISHED!

and it only took 3 attempts and 54 days :") i'd say its a success

REALLY dont know how i feel about the ending but the writing and pacing lost my interest SO MANY times i cant even begin to tell you. i loved the first two books but man, this one was tiring to read

i know everyones gonna hate me for this but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2.5 stars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's practically attempt #3 at this point attempt #2 at reading this

buddy read with mama leek & a cute
Nina (Every Word A Doorway)
Well, my soul is properly full and ruined at the same time. This was good but I'm not sure I liked it quite as much as the sequel. Will have to ponder.

RTC.

---

Actual footage of me wondering whether the final instalment will put historical accuracy before unicorns and rainbows, and then wondering which option I'd rather have because I have feelings

Nikolae Keaveney
Update after reading August 2nd, 2018
Words cannot describe my love for this series, this tale, and these characters. In my heart, they are already more than characters, they are companions for life. I'm sure that I can pick this series back up at any time in my life and enjoy the story again. Lada, Mehmed, and Radu are already real. I just have not met them yet.
This series should not be labeled as "Young Adult". It is too mature, too deep, and too meaningful to be so.
This book should not have
Taylor
"She had dug through the mountain to reach her heart's desire, and found the mountain had a heart after all: the beating pulse required of all those who would not stop, would not accept what the world offered, would not bow."

...

This series is perfection.

I am a complete and utter mess over Bright We Burn, because it is genuinely one of the greatest conclusions I've ever read.

Kiersten White has done something incredible with The Conqueror's Saga. She's crafted a story that's sprawling, emotionally
Tova
Claim the Throne. Demand the Crown. Rule the World.

Well ..... I have some feelings. I am essentially Kumal.
description

This is the 42 book I've completed this year, and since 42 is the answer to the question of the universe, I know what the question is .......

WHO THE HECK AUTHORIZED YOU TO PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT KIERSTEN WHITE??
Kiersten, I do not have the words to tell you how much this series means to me, so I won't even try at this point in time. But Lada baby, Radu darling, and Mehmed sweetie, a
❄️BooksofRadiance❄️
3.5 ⭐️

Up until the last 30 pages this would’ve been 2 stars.
hannah ✧/ᐠ-ꞈ-ᐟ\ (on hiatus)
And I Darken: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Now I Rise: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Bright We Burn🌟🌟🌟🌟

A bittersweet ending to a gorgeously written series. Also, Lada will always be my prince.

Review to come!

blog 💞instagram 💞twitter 💞email yours truly
______
my friends literally just hid this book from me because they knew i would get distracted from finals are they the best... or the worst, idk :'')
______
i just got an arc of this book I HAVE BEEN BLESSED
clara
I originally gave this 4 1/2 stars, but over the course of writing this review, I realised that this deserved nothing less than 5 stars. Not only was this a wild ride and an epic conclusion to what has quickly become one of my favourite series of all time, this story and these characters have, in a short span of time, come to mean the world to me.

l a d a :
I have to applaud Kiersten White for creating a character so unlikeable, on paper, yet so sympathetic. Lada has always been an an
mich
I feel. . . deflated.

If you're excited about reading this series finale and happen to see my rating, PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE EXCITED. Don't mind me, for real.

This book was fantastically written and I was immediately sucked right back into this world. (although I did re-read the prior books right before, so there wasn't a lot of catching up for me to do.)

But anyway. Spoilers.

(view spoiler)
el
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ugh, I have something in my eye. pssshhh yeh I’m fine I just have a thing.. in my eye. I swear. not very emotional. I just poked myself with the corner of the book. definitely. that’s what’s happening. silly me.
bsjdhdkshdjwneieiebfbdiwnejfoeneowbforneoen

........so.. good...bye

rtc when I’m in a stable state
Valentine
So here we are, finally at the end of this series. I finished it a whole night ago, and still I can't totally wrap my head around it. When I read the last few lines, I just sat there in my bed at 1 A.M., mouth open like a fool for at least five minutes. It just felt like a punch to the guts, like something I've rarely experienced in the past. I keep trying to tell myself it's over, but I just can't - I think it's going to be one of those books that will stay with me for a very long time, if not ...more
Justine
This is a buddy read with the awesome Natalie Monroe!

This is as close to a perfect series finale as one could ever want or expect. Ever since Now I Rise, I've always felt this need to get my hands on Bright We Burn. The last book left us with a lot of unresolved subplots that demand immediate answers. White has structured Now I Rise in such a way that you are left with an intense desire to know more and all you can do is hope that your favorite characters find love, forgiveness and peace after a

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)
  • Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
  • Sky in the Deep (Sky in the Deep, #1)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • Furyborn (Empirium, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Back
Kiersten White is the New York Times bestselling author of many books for teens and young readers, including And I Darken, Now I Rise, Bright We Burn, The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, and Slayer. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, where she perpetually lurks in the shadows. Visit Kiersten online at KierstenWhite.com and follow @KierstenWhite on Twitter.

The Conqueror's Saga (3 books)
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)