Start by marking “House Beneath the Bridge (A horror novel)” as Want to Read:
House Beneath the Bridge (A horror novel)

House Beneath the Bridge (A horror novel)

"From bestselling horror author Iain Rob Wright comes his scariest novel yet."

Is it possible to infect a place with evil? Are some atrocities so awful that the land itself becomes contaminated? And what would happened if you found yourself trapped in such a place?

What begins with a car crash on an ancient bridge ends with the ultimate sacrifice. Follow the survivors of a
Published November 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about House Beneath the Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House Beneath the Bridge

Pages - 194
Publication Date - Independently Published January 8, 2018
Format - Paperback
Stars - 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

In “House Beneath the Bridge” Iain Rob Wright has taken a different road rather than the one usually traveled. Iain has a unique writing style, and if you are a fan of his work you can pick that out almost immediately. While still maintaining that skillful style he went and took us in a whole new direction this time and it was ma
Kristy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
J.C. Brennan
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An accident sends seven people into another realm. A dominion where things are not always as they seem and demons lurk in the shadows waiting to snatch their souls.
If you enjoy suspense and drama with a little dash of horror on the side, you will want to dive into this read and follow Tom, Mia, Father Cottonwood, and the others on their quest to get back to the real world.
Iain Rob Wright stories pull the reader in the pages to entice their imagination. As the story unfolds, builds, and develops
John Hosmer
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
There were some really great moments in this book and I felt the premise could have set it up to be so much scarier than it ended up being.

By the end, I was just getting tired of the cheesy, cliche one-liners characters kept dishing out, I was constantly rolling my eyes and waiting for the book to end. I think more character development would’ve been helpful as well -it was hard for me to care about what happened with anyone.

It was a unique idea and it had strands of creepiness, but ultimately
Dixie
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Iain Rob Wright is an awesome writer. this book was terrific. very different and the ending blew me away. did not see that coming.

keep them coming!
CJ
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
It started out strong, and the very end (the last page or so) tugged at my heartstrings, but the bulk of the last half just seemed to drag on.
Jennifer Tooker
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

Full disclosure, I was provided with a copy of this book by the author, however, have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own.

What lies beneath

The House Beneath the Bridge is the newest full-length novel by horror author Iain Rob Wright and is a bit of a departure from his other books. While still very much in the horror genre, Wright has opted to craft a story that is not currently related to any of his previous offerings or set in any of his established worlds. The story
I C Douglas
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!

Been a big fan of Iain's since I read 'Final Winter' a few years ago and have read most, if not all, of his work since.
This yet another quirky yet thoroughly enjoyable twisted horror story, I enjoyed this so much I finished it in two sittings, it would have been one but life got in the way😒

Thoroughly enjoyable and can't wait for his next novel.
Kerry Cahill
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good, enjoyable read.

I liked the idea of this book, it's almost fantasy like... in a horror, adventure and ghoulish kind of way. Witches and warlocks, heaven and hell, a bit of everything really... it's almost endearing. It starts with a bang, and ends up in a life or death situation... who or what would you choose?
Mylene
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Should be made into a movie

Wow! That was a fun read. It was such a unique story and that is key to a great tale. I loved the story so much, I gave a synopsis to my non-reading husband at the halfway point and he couldn’t wait for me to finish so I could tell him what happened next. If you want a consistent author who tells amazing tales (and has recurring minor/major characters that show up in his other novels) then you need to read Iain’s books. Can’t wait for the next one.
J
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Its ok

Its like Tim buttons sleepy hollow meets Clive Barker's hell raiser. Def. More on the comedy side of things. It was an okay read but I would not recommend to someone into horror unless I knew their exact type of horror. I prefer something a little more serious. Very British.
Krisaundra
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I've read quite a few books by this author but this is the first time I've not been able to leave a positive review. For anyone who isn't familiar with his work and didn't enjoy this book I highly recommend checking out one of his many other books. Until now I have really enjoyed reading other books by this very talented writer.
TE
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I've read other books by this author that I really liked but House Beneath the Bridge just wasn't for me. It was well written and others might enjoy it -- but for me, it was just too graphic.

For those who want to know: This one is an 18+ read. Everything about it is graphic: language, violence, gore and necrophilia.
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This book was right up my street. I loved it. It has horror, humour and I couldn't wait to find out what happened to Tom Sophie and all the others. Thanks Iain great book📕👍
Megan
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Alright until the ending

I enjoyed the book until I got to the ending. It felt rushed. The gore felt pointless and like it was just there to make up for the lack of gore in the rest of the book. The dialogue was cheesy. The actions of the characters didn't make sense.
Chris
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very long book that took a long time to read! I read this on my Kindle, so I'm not sure how many pages are in this book.......... but it took me a long time to read it! Very involved story, with great characters in such a simple setting! Loved it! Please add this to your to read list!
Nollaig Kelly
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
after a car crash all the people involved wake up in the riverbed and look there is a house in the distance; in the riverbed?

but there is also bones and what about the blind monk?

are they there for a reason and what about the curse on the village?

Kimberly Trivette
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an ending....

Who would have expected a love story wrapped in a horror novel?? Forgiveness, and soul searching was amazingly played out while the horror plot stayed true. Meticulously written..
morgen
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Killer start...but the ending kinda fizzled for me

Things ju st kept getting more predictable and campy as I w3nt along. But I just admit the first half or so really sucked me in. EASY READ FOR A RAINY AFTERNOON
Suzy Tadlock
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!

Of course it’s amazing!! Love this book. Just when I think I have the plot figured out you throw me a curve. The ending was great. You’re the bomb lian!! I’m ready for the next book!
Jennifer Crawford
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I really wasn't that much of a fun until towards the end. The payoff is pretty much worth it. It appeases my appetite for the distasteful but also gave me.lota of feels that almost had me in tears. SOOOOO, if you're into religious sci/fy, this is totes for you!!
Roger Noland
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected.

They story was well thought out and well written. There was horror, or maybe more of a "supernatural" vibe. It was a nice mix of unpleasantness and redemption. I ended with the feeling that my time had been well spent.
Rae Nebola
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wright delivers once again!

I'm a big fan of Ian Rob Wright and I have yet to read one of his books that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. The House Beneath the Bridge is no exceptionally.
If you're a fan of good horror make sure that you read this story....you won't be disappointed
Jane Wynne
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Somewhat confusing but an ok read. An alternative place awaits some people involved in a car crash ending with the good versus bad, love conquers all type ending. Could have done without the perverted son and his sexual preferences, a bit
too far for my taste.
Linda Peckman
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bizzare!!!

A scary story of witchcraft and the dark side.I loved the characters. And you do not see the end coming. Well worth reading!!!
david johnson
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not what I expected

What a excellent read.A book of great surprise.This story has many twists and turns.Please read this book.looking forward to reading more from this writer
Lauren
Jun 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
The one liners made this worse than the worst B-Horror movie ever. Barely finished.
Fonda G. Thomas
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kind of hard to follow

Kind of hard to follow at times but actually an interesting storyline. I would recommend this book to others! Go ahead Read it!
patricia robertson
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Witches galore

Although this isn't my favourite of Iain's books it still has a great plot and keeps you thinking for quite a while after
Martin Wilkinson
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Good read but sometimes a bit strange to realize where you were in the story but as usual from this author a good descriptive ending
Iain Rob Wright is one of the UK's most successful horror and suspense writers, with novels including the critically acclaimed, THE FINAL WINTER; the disturbing bestseller, ASBO; and the wicked screamfest, THE HOUSEMATES.

His work is currently being adapted for graphic novels, audio books, and foreign audiences. He is an active member of the Horror Writer Association and a massive animal lover.

Chec