Start by marking “The Burnout Cure (A Prescription: Romance! Book)” as Want to Read:
The Burnout Cure (A Prescription: Romance! Book)

The Burnout Cure (A Prescription: Romance! Book)

When it comes to burnout, Lily Reid is an expert. Determined to turn her personal tragedy into a cautionary lesson for other physicians, she travels the country, lecturing about life balance and stress management. But her words falls on deaf ears—until she hits on a plan to appeal to a broader audience.

Enter Dr. Wolf Knox, aka “Wolfman MD.” He’s gorgeous, charismatic, and
Published December 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Burnout Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burnout Cure

Jill Blake
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Readers always ask where I get my ideas.

With The Burnout Cure, I didn’t have far to look. While Wolf, Lily, and the characters who inhabit their world are fictional, the issues of physician burnout, depression, and suicide are very real—as are the sobering statistics that Lily quotes about how many physicians are affected.

The first seeds of this story were planted back when I was a young doctor-in-training. As Lily, the heroine of The Burnout Cure describes in the book, the hours and work condit
Grady
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“(Medicine)…highest suicide rate of any profession. We lose four hundred physicians a year to suicide.”

California author Jill Blake is a practicing physician who brings insight to her book that addresses issues of physician burnout, depression, and suicide. Her initial idea for this novel – ‘What if a woman who is smart, mouthy, and willing to challenge the establishment decides to turn her personal tragedy into a cautionary lesson for other physicians? What if the one man who can help her sprea
Kate McMurry
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent contemporary romance: doctors in love.

More to come....
Tami Adams
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I volunteered to review this book without any promises about the review (the rating or the posting).

When I first started this book my excitement was quickly overshadowed by the feeling of having facts, legal terms and actions being shoved in my face. I pushed forward because I wanted to see how the overall story would play out. I was happy I did.

The following is my personal opinion and thoughts about many aspects of this book and its author.

COVER: ✯✯✯ - I found the cover to be bright and colorf
Grant Leishman
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Reviewed For Readers' Favorite by Grant Leishman

Lily Reid, the only daughter of an eminent physician had dropped out of medicine during her residency and had instead focused her life and career on helping medical professionals deal with the overwhelming stress, depression and incredibly high suicide rate that so often is the bane of the medical profession. In The Burnout Cure: A Prescription Romance by Jill Blake, Lily believes vehemently in her advocacy and is a determined, strong and independ
Nancy R
The Burnout Cure is billed as a contemporary romance/medical romance. Yes, it’s a love story. Yes, it includes smoking hot sex scenes. Yes, it has a happy ending. But it also has a serious message that author Jill Blake deftly interweaves with the plot and character development, in a way that enhances the story.

Full disclosure: I recently finished residency, so the world described in The Burnout Cure is very familiar to me. Blake is spot on with her rendering of the high-stress, high-demand, sou
Robin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I borrowed The Burnout Cure via Kindle Unlimited and really enjoyed it. I also learned a lot about physician burnout. I'd heard that medical residents have to work around the clock with minimal sleep, but this romance really brings home the toll it takes in terms of depression, exhaustion, and the possibility of something as horrible as suicide for residents and doctors.

In The Burnout Cure, Lily Reid is a passionate motivational speaker who tries to help physicians avoid becoming a statistic. A
Rebecca Austin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Dr. Lily Reid was planning on becoming a doctor but when her life took a sharp turn she decided instead to becoming a speaker on the burnout that many doctor's face but don't seek help from. The problem she has now is that she needs a way to reach a larger audience and she is struggling.

Dr. Wolf Knox is attending the 65th Annual Postgraduate Medical Assembly as a favor to his close friend, Dr. Douglas Williams. He has no interest in the presentations at all but finds himself attracted to speaker
Lisa
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free complimentary book through Reading Deals and voluntarily reviewed it.

When I first started reading this book, I was wondering if I was reading a factual book about “physician burnout.” Since I knew this book was fiction, I knew that this could not be true. However, I had never read anything by this author before, so I thought that, maybe, this author was just, overtly, concentrating on an issue that was very dear to her heart while tying it up in a small fiction story.

Boy, was I
LJT
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Burnout Cure is a well-written and exciting medical romance. Author Jill Blake is a full-time physician, so her story is replete with an in depth knowledge and understanding of what goes on in the medical profession. This narrative is a welcome addition to Ms. Blake's established book library.

Lily Reid is a highly qualified motivational speaker that specializes in physician burnout and depression. She knows from personal experience that it is extremely difficult for doctors to establish a wo
Mar
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Looking for a steamy romance to keep you company during the holidays (or throughout the year)? Look no further! The Burnout Cure is here and truly delivers some hot sex scenes. The story is not just about that: you also have a very good and captivating storyline involving two good-looking doctors who don’t see eye to eye in many situations, leading to a love/hate relationship.
Although it’s a romance, there’s a very serious topic approached here. Burnout affects a growing number of professionals
Pegboard
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jill Blake has a purpose to show the struggles physicians have when they feel burnout out at the pace their profession runs. They aren’t allowed to complain about the hours because it gives them bad reviews and if they show any form of mental weakness or reservations they could be ostracized without getting the help they desperately need. Often the only way they see out is to quit either the profession or end their life. Suicide is scary and it shakes a community when it is a doctor, they are th ...more
Lauren
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is a different story which starts with two doctors, one a practicing hospitalist and the other a researcher who studies doctor's burnout and suicide. Although they are instantly attracted to each other, they seem to disagree on her work in the area of doctor suicide and other issues. It makes for an interesting dynamic and it is something that I knew nothing about.

Overall, I liked the book but did not love it. The main chara
Lissa Wells
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, e-reader, finished
I received this arc for an honest review! This book is a decent contemporary romance about physician burnout and the rise in their suicides because of it. Lily Ried is giving lectures about her research but no one seems to be listening until she meets Wolf. However these two colleagues don't always seem to see eye to eye until it came to the bedroom!. Can these two lovebirds find the cure for burnout or will they just get burned?
Payal Sinha
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Burnout Cure is a romance with a message- doctors need to have relaxation time too and recognize, manage and overcome their burnout symptoms. The story has other subtle messages too such as making use of humor to reach wider audience and keeping the listeners engaged and interested. The story obviously has the romantic element. The story is hot and sexy.and has the regular spice element, but it is the varied messages that makes the book above average.
Melissa Hixenbaugh
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I loved this book. It is a shame that it is a work of fiction, because physician burnout and suicides are a real issue today. As a romance novel, this book was super! Lily and Wolf are a great couple and have a lot of spunk and spice between them. I cannot wait to read more books from this author.
InD'tale Magazine
“The Burnout Cure” is a fast, sexy read that includes several scenes that could set the pages on fire.

Read full review in the 2018 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Regina
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved another book from Jill Blake. The romance is clever, heroine sexy confident and smart, many moments outright hilarious. The book again is written extremely well. Love that the author takes us into the medical world and shows us ups and down of the profession. Hoping for more soon.
Pat
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good storyline with great characters kept my interest until the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Toni
Nov 15, 2018
donna
Mar 07, 2018
Clipinchick
Mar 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
I received this book for free from the author/publisher in response for an honest review of the book. I have not had the opportunity to read this book at this time. I will add my
review of this book once I have read the book. Thank k you for allowing me the optometrist review your work. I look forward to reading this book.
Melissa Cheresnick
Beth Long
Mar 26, 2018
Lynda
Mar 10, 2018
Jill Blake loves chocolate, leisurely walks where she doesn’t break a sweat, and books with a guaranteed happy ending. A native of Philadelphia, Jill now lives in southern California with her husband and three children. During the day, she works as a physician in a busy medical practice. At night, she pens steamy romances.

The Doctors of Rittenhouse Square :
Pursued by the Playboy (Kate & Marc)