Start by marking “A Viking for Yule” as Want to Read:
A Viking for Yule

A Viking for Yule

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  199 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
AFTER SAM'S GRANDFATHER nearly died in a blizzard one year ago, Sam has panic attacks in snow storms. So where does his friend Jackie propose they spend the holidays, as the last stop on their trip around the world?

Iceland. Of course.

But there's more in Iceland than snow. When Arnar, a handsome Icelandic man, offers to escort Sam on a several-day tour of the beautiful co
Published November 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Viking for Yule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Viking for Yule

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Everything about this book felt so familiar, but it wasn't until a quarter into the story that I realized Sam was a secondary character in Jamie Fessenden's

A Cop for Christmas by Jamie Fessenden

(I didn't read the entire blurb; so sue me.)

I felt so bad for Sam in that book. He was such a sad, insecure guy, and he almost lost his grandpa, his only remaining family.

Sam has really come into his own since then. Everyone's favorite "Aunt" Jackie dragged him on a world trip, with Iceland as the last stop. (I need an Aunt Jackie in my li
Eli Easton
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I beta read this lovely holiday story. It's entirely set in Iceland (well, except for the epilogue). I loved travelling around with the characters, getting to know something about the area. It feels very wintry with all the ice and snow. The romance is sweet and sexy. Definitely put this one on your holiday reading list.
Elsa Bravante
DNF en el 25% y no doy rating. El estilo de redacción no me ha gustado nada, mucha frase corta, poca elaboración, diálogos muy mecánicos. Me ha parecido todo muy frío.
Ariana
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh My. This was just cute and soft and lovely.
I really enjoyed getting to know Iceland (and wow, Jamie Fessenden is so knowledgeable! Clearly he knows Iceland on a very personal level! And seeing the Aurora Borealis went straight on my bucket list of things to do before I die!).
Arnar and Sam are delightful, and sweet. And romantic. Did I mention cute??? (I mean - hair braiding, sharing cups and putting mud on each other's faces ....)
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Huh, I was not expecting that at all.

I am unsure how I feel about the end of the book.

I am not the biggest fan of the fall in love on vacation trope. My brain is constantly trying to figure out how it will work.

That is what I did here.

I feel like I am striking out with my Christmas reads this year.
Cadiva
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute not quite follow up to last year's A Cop for Christmas focusing on Sam, who we last saw staying with Jackie as his grandfather recovered in hospital from his heart attack.

Now he's on an around the world tour with Jackie and it finishes off in Iceland, where he bumps into a brooding Icelandic man who might just be the answer to Sam's loneliness.

Arnar isn't happy at being landed with the tourist but, as their interactions grow, he realises that Sam is much more complicated than he thought and
Bibliophile
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I learned one thing this past 24 hours; Jaime Fessenden is a damn good writer. More of you should be reading his works!

This book reminded me a Roe Horvat book--it's very European, or in this case, Icelandic. :)

The story itself is sweet and is a loose follow-up to Fessenden's other Christmas short, "A cop for Christmas." It's worth noting that Mason and Steve from that short do show up in this one (it was great to see that their HFN very much turned into a HEA!).

Sam's timid nature was a bit of a
**Kim**
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** 5 stars**

I really, really liked this! This is my first from this author, obviously it won't be my last.
I haven't read a lot of xmas books because usually they are so short. Not in this case.
The majority of this story takes place in Iceland. Now...I know very little about Iceland. However, the author made me feel like I was there. He did a fabulous job of describing the country...in fact, the country almost seemed like a 3rd MC.
The romance between the MCs did happen quickly. That usually does
Sheri
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Huh? *scratches head*
This completely missed the mark with me.
I read the first book in the series primarily because I wanted to read this one. Book one was a challenge to finish and I struggled even more this time around. I thought it was a case of MNY and yeah, it’s safe to say I don’t click with the writing.
Especially the dialogue.
They....ask each other EVERYTHING!
For example, it’s nekkid time and rimming is underway....then he asks, “can I still kiss you when I was just...???”
Seriously?! J
Shandra
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super Sweet Sam Gets a Happy Ending of His Own!

SAM! I literally squeaked when I realized Sam had gotten his own holiday novel. He was such a sweet treat in A Cop for Christmas I really wanted to read him finding someone who would be right for him since neither Steve nor Mason fit the bill and Arnar is perfect for him. Arnar is gruff yet attuned to the needs of someone who tends to require a bit of caretaking; Sam is expressive yet has excellent deductive reasoning when it comes to other people'
Sandra
As the blurb will tell you, this book is sort of a continuation of A Cop For Christmas, but focuses on Sam. It can be read as a standalone - I had no issues not having read the first one. The author did a fine job weaving in the important background information as to why Sam is terrified of snowstorms.

Sam still lives with his grandfather on their farm, but has taken a trip around the world with Aunt Jackie (I want one just like her, please), and their last stop is Iceland, where Jackie's good fr
Erica Pike
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just for the record, I "Icepicked" this story. My role was just to point out how an Icelander might react/answer differently and to point out anything that wasn't correct. It was hard to believe that the author hadn't been to Iceland, because he described it so well and knew things even I didn't know (and had to look up in Icelandic texts/ask my cousin Thora who works in the travelling industry). I very much enjoyed this project and how some things I take for granted, Sam (the main hero) thought ...more
Emma
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Christmas story without any christmas magic and often dull- 2.5* rounded down because ending made me cranky.

I read Fessenden's The Rules and quite enjoyed it so decided to try some more things by him. I selected this book as it is short and seems to have good ratings but then saw A Cop for Christmas was the prior book with overlapping characters so decided to start there despite its lower ratings. I must be very different in my views because I enjoyed that one a lot while this one made me cranky
Mercedes
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want my own Viking too *pouts*
Joe McGowan
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Time to book that trip to Iceland

A warm and fuzzy love story that makes one want to get on the first flight to Iceland to see if the sights in this story actually exist.....I’ll pass on the fish chips.
Fehu
Suprisingly good for a Christmas story with a decent plot and not inta-love. Descriptions of Iceland are quite detailed and made me want to visit the country myself.
Helena Stone
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for this sweet, angst-free and utterly charming story.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

I have to say this book, with the setting in Icelan had a better development than book one, A Cop for Christmas. I enjoyed this nice and solid story and was mesmerized by the cultural differences between Sam and Arnar.

The book is actually full of descriptions about the country, the surroundings play a major part and give the story its flow.

I liked that this book was really sweet and emotional, full of funny scenes,
Mateo
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Sorry but I prefer the first one.
Julesmarie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday, kindle, m-m

This was wonderfully great fun to read. I've always been fascinated by Iceland, so having much of the plot be following the characters around the island was thoroughly entertaining. And Arnar is just a delightful character.

Some Favorite Quotes:
"I get it. If I shave my head, you won't like me anymore."
Sam's sleepiness was catching up to him, but he managed to say, "I'll like you. I'll just be mad at you."

"So for however long our orlog are going in the same direction, I say we just let
Lelyana
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, from-author, mm

Looking for a new adventure and finding a new love, was never really Sam's intention. But Arnar is really attractive with his viking like appearance. So yeah, he's kinda hard to resist.
This is a light fun story to read, holiday and all. I really liked Arnar, he's very sweet and and adorable.
I liked the dynamic between the two boys and the development of their relationships was enjoyable. I didn't read the first book, but you can surely read this one is a stand alone.
But I didn't find any grippin
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, cute, holiday
4 Stars!

We met Sam in book 1 of the series, A Cop for Christmas, and even if it can be perfectly read as a standalone, the previous book is very good so it would be a pity to miss out on it.

Sam and Jackie, who we met in book 1, too, have been traveling around the world and their last stop before returning to New Hampshire is Iceland, where Jackie plans to visit her old friend Inga and her son Arnar. While they don't exactly hit it off at first, that quickly changes and they fall for each other.
Glakritz

Rated: Mature M/M
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release: November 29, 2017
Pages: 256

I am relatively a newbie to the Jamie Fessenden world. I have read a few of his newest books recently, and have loved them. I do see though many others I will dig into the first of the new year that I have missed and am excited to have others to read of his and review!

The last one I have read is The Rules. Aside from the characters I n
Sadonna
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this story! 4.5 stars

Sam (from A Cop for Christmas) is the star of this story. He takes a trip with the rather eccentric Jackie around the world while leaving Mason in charge of his grandfather. The last stop on their tour is Iceland. They stay with Jackie's friend Inga and her son Arnar. Sam and Arnar seem to get off on the wrong foot - but Inga and Jackie keep pushing them together. Sam's reluctant and Arnar is prickly, but eventually they acknowledge their attraction and take off
Anita
Lovely read about Sam, who is visiting Iceland with his family friend, Jackie, and Arnar, the son of Jackie's friend Inga. Sam and some other characters were introduced in an earlier book, A Cop for Christmas but I read this as a standalone and had no problems. It does begin as if you should have come knowledge of things that happened in that book, but I had no trouble catching up. It's a quirky read, more travelogue about Iceland, which I found fascinating, along with the slow burn development ...more
Melanie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-cxQ

From that review: " A Viking for Yule by Jamie Fessenden is actually a sequel to the author's very likable holiday story, A Cop for Christmas.  But honestly, this is the story I absolutely adore.  At the front?  It  absolutely redeems a wishy washy character so bland he threatened to fade into the snow in the first one.  That would be Sam.  Here he become a fully fleshed adult,
Stephan
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, culture
Overall this was a great read; the scenery of touring Iceland made a lovely backdrop to the story without eclipsing the relationship. But, I just didn't quite like the end. (view spoiler) ...more
Elizabeth
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. It's great to see Sam in a better way then in the first book in this series. I loved both Mc's and how their romance shapes. It's kind of a road trip romance. They fall for each other on this magical trip through Iceland . Sam the tourist and Arnar his Viking tour guide. I was glad to see Sam get his HEA.
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how this holiday trip turns into so much more. Sam has his issues and get to see his weakness but then you also get to see his strength and doing what needs doing despite his fears. Aernar was also honest in his dealings with Sam. He has his own strengths as well. I really love the ending it was so satisfying to see where this story could go.
Andrea
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Light, poignant and joyful. Now I want to go to Iceland! Very nice story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Jamie Fessenden set out to be a writer in junior high school. He published a couple short pieces in his high school's literary magazine and had another story place in the top 100 in a national contest, but it wasn't until he met his partner, Erich, almost twenty years later, that he began writing again in earnest. With Erich alternately inspiring and goading him, Jamie wrote several screenplays an ...more